User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 27 Nov 2004, 20:59   #51
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Revenant Project

Freeman ain't on the mission anymore fj

//

Fluffie looked at his superior, the cool guy. Hoping the man had happy dreams instead of missile filled nightmares, he puts a smile back on his face. Deciding to the take the Master Sergeant's action as an advice, he raises his shoulders as much as possible in the straps and then closes his own eyes too, leaning his head back against the soft padding of the pod.

No nightmares, no missiles. Missiles bad! Ponies... Ponies good!
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 04:10   #52
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Dyaln heard the alarm go off to signal borading. Even after his talk with the Lt. about what it was going to be like. As he climbed int othe pod and got comfortable, well as comfortable as one could be in a pod. He had finished the required jumps in basic traning. They weren't hard but this was a 'hot jump' his first time being under genuine enemy fire. He just hoped the Lt. was right about how unoringized the enemy would be, with them making a suden landing and all. He watched Capt. Reynolds walking down her compaines section making sure no one was geting jump jitters.

Last edited by mrmao; 29 Nov 2004 at 20:57.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 03:31   #53
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Fluffie

After deftly entering a drop pod and strapping yourself in, you open a channel to the rest of your squad. After your "conquering Hell" comment, the channel is filled with a loud "HOORAH!!" from the rest of the squad. Clearly, they were as fired-up as you was, although probably just as scared too. Although a majority of the missile batteries probably wouldn't be able to get a targeting solution on the drop pods due to their short period of fall through the atmosphere, at least a couple of them, especially the one that you were dropping down next to, would. Without a doubt, at least a few of the men from your company wouldn't make it down to the surface. Settling back into the light padding that covered the drop pod's interior, you wait for the Aquarius to release your pod down into the atmosphere. With a loud "WHOOMP!" the Federation ship does so, ejecting your drop pod out into space before the pod's thrusters come online, proppling your rapidly down into the atmosphere. At least, that's what you assumed was going on: once again, to minimize costs, drop pods were simply hollow tubes: no windows. A perfect coffin for you, and one that would even dig your grave for you, should the retro-thrusters fail to fire upon final approach to the Luyten Four's surface. You spend the next several minutes in silent prayer as the roaring of air rushing past your drop pod grows louder and louder, and the temperature within the drop pod continued to grow. Suddenly, you are thrown back into the pod's padding as if hit with a shotgun blast at point-blank range: the retro-thrusters kicking in. A few minutes later, you feel your drop pod slam into the surface, and with a loud clack, the seals holding the drop pod together come away, allowing you to push the still burning-hot door of the pod open, and step out onto the surface of Luyten Four.

PK

/ooc Spritely Zombie, aka Sergeant Kihei, is in command of Squad C. To make things interesting, I had command of Squads C and D go to Sergeants, while Squads A & B go to Lieutenants. So sue me. And I believe your rank of Master Chief will give you effectively the position of 2nd in command. Or at least it will, because I say so. ooc/

You follow the rest of your squad down to the surface of Luyten Four. As usual with a drop pod insertion, your men are scattered over at least a square mile. At least the Helljumpers were used to this, and so it would probably take less than half an hour for the unit to reform and ready an assault on the nearby missile battery. Looking around, you can see that you've landed near to a stand of trees. Also nearby is another drop pod, with a somewhat sickly-looking private clammering out of it.

Spritely Zombie

You give your traditional drop speech to your squad (you're the boss, in case you havn't gathered that yet. ), and then settle down to catch some sleep on the way down. Although the drop is only about ten minutes, it is also probably the only peaceful ten minutes you'll have with command of an entire squad. Those ten minutes pass quickly, and with a loud crash you land on the surface of Luyten Four. The impact jars you awake, although with practiced ease you quickly unstrap yourself and push the pod door open, allowing you to step out onto the surface of Luyten Four. Looking quickly at your squad's status monitor in the upper left of your helment's HUD, you can see that Privates Grahm, Williamson, and Watkins had flat-lined heart monitors: a sure-sign that either the missile batteries had got them, or their transmission equipment got messed up due to the drop. Unfortunately, it was 99.9% likely that the first possibility was the correct one. As is usual with a drop, you can see that your men had been scattered over a square mile of terrain or so: the accuracy of a drop pod assault certainly was a lot better than it used to be.

Io Cor

/ooc Not a problem. Consider yourself to be on D Squad, however. Probably as Bakan's 2nd in command. ooc/

Climbing into a drop pod with the rest of your squad, you patiently wait to be cycled out of the Aquarius's drop tubes, and into space for the journey to the planet below. A most dangerous journey, considering how many missile batteries were standing between you and the surface. Fortunately, your trip is without one of those fiery and fatal meetings, and soon enough you find yourself on the surface of Luyten Four. Kicking your pod door open, you look out to find yourself along part of the main continent's coast. Due to a somewhat higher level of iodine in the soil of Luyten Four, the ocean waters have a slight purple tint to them due to the dissolved iodine. It was actually quite pretty, although there was little time for taking in the sights now.

No Dachi

Although this was your first actual drop onto the surface of a planet, the assault pods used in ship-to-ship boarding were quite similar. As a result you have little trouble in securing yourself and preparing your equipment for the journey down to the surface. All too soon, the moment of truth arrives, and you are launched from the Aquarius to scream down through the atmosphere of Luyten Four on a nearly-ten minute fall. Plenty of time for a few of the nearby missile batteries to get a lock on your pod, of which you could do nothing about, except pray they locked onto someone else's pod, or failed to lock onto anything at all. One or the other alternative evidently happens on your way down through the atmosphere: a rather terrifying journey, considering all the noise and intense heat slowly seeping through the walls of the drop pod. You think you hear screaming, and "Oh god, NOO!! NNNOO!! AAHHHH!!" at some point, although it's probably just your imagination as your pod's heat shield slowly burns away. Finally, with a hard jolt you slam into the surface of Luyten Four, and the clamps holding the drop pod's door in place fall away, allowing you to push it open with ease.

flapjack

/ooc Squad D sounds fine to me. ooc/

Climbing into a pod, you quickly and efficently strap yourself and your equipment in, and then wait for the quick ride down to the planet's surface. All told, it takes you about fifteen minutes to leave the Aquarius's drop tubes, and climb out of your pod onto the surface. Looking around, you can see that you're currently in the middle of a small field, about five miles from the first target, a small missile battery along the coast.

mrmao

You watch as Captain Reynolds walks to her own drop pod, stopping to answer any questions that her men have. Although seemingly a bit soft-spoken now, you had heard that she was ice-cold during combat, and never lost her calm composure regardless of how badly the fight was going. She also evidently liked to be heavily armed: in addition to the assault rifle slung over her right shoulder, she also had a SMG slung across her back, a bandolier of grenades around her waist, a pistol riding high on her left thigh, and a close-combat knife tucked into her right boot. No doubt rank had its part to play in her somewhat unorthodox-loadout. That was about all you were able to see of your company commander however, as few moments later you ducked into a nearby drop pod and readied for launch. You make the necessary preparations quickly, and then settle back to enjoy the rather terrifying ride down to the Earth's surface. Soon enough, the ride is over, and you are free to step out onto the surface of Luyten Four.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 03:51   #54
Io Cor
I eat babies! ;D

Io Cor is infamous around these partsIo Cor is infamous around these parts

:Io's attention was only caught for a moment, he then quickly scanned the area as the others rushed out behind him, he needed to be sure what he was dealing with, terrain, obstractions and the such, he quickly pulled his SMG from his back and held it up and ready incase there was any need to "suppress" stuff...generally people....with other guns...who are generally shooting back....yeah:
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 10:49   #55
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*Flapjack quickly grabbed his SMG and as he left the pod, he had the SMG in his right hand, quickly scanning the area as we used to, even though this was utterly useless considering the fact the entire droppod had empty and not a shot had been fired*

*Thus Flapjack and the rest of those from the droppod headed of towards their team leaders, regrouping as fast as possible to get on with things*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 19:51   #56
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

*PK checked his main weapon to make sure it had survived the fall properly, then clambered out of the pod. He ran swiftly over to the other marine.*

"You alright Private? We should get some cover in those trees until we know where we're heading."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 22:30   #57
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Setting his radio to the correct frequency and encryption channel he recorded a message for burst transmission to his squad.

"To all members of squad C, I'm afraid to say that my luck still holds. You all owe me a beer. Orbital photographs indicate that this area is currently relatively quiet, but I don't know how long that'll last. So regroup at waypoint Lambda-Five. Three-man teams, standard op. Anyone not there in 15 minutes owes me two beers. So get moving!"

Sending the message he turns back to the other people just scrambling out of the pod.

"No Dachi, you're with me. Fluffie you've got point."

He fishes around in his back for some binoculars and scans the horizon. Obviously satisfied with what he says.

"Let's go..."

[ooc] Sorry about the edit. Reread everyones DMings and this made more sense.[/ooc]

Last edited by Spritely Zombie; 1 Dec 2004 at 22:48.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 22:43   #58
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

No Dachi slammed the palm of his hand down onto the release button of the restraining arms holding him in place before pulling himself to his feet. The landing had been rough, and a lot of him was hurting. He rolled his neck and groaned before suddenly coming to his senses when the Master Sergeant spoke his name. Teams of three. With the Sergeant. And Fluffie. Focus...

"Yessir." The Corporal acknowledged, before following after the Sergeant. He held his rifle ready, but kept his eyes on the horizon rather than scanning through the scope. Meanwhile, the ringing within his skull was just beginning to fade.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 13:39   #59
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

"Okay sir." Dylan said reflexivly to the sargent. He checked his gear and noticed his hand shaking slightly. This was not going to be a fun couple of weeks. He Followed the sargent in to the nearby woods and kept scaning the area around him for at brst more squadmates mates at worst an enemy platoon try to sneak up on them.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 18:34   #60
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Point."

Swinging the SMG from its "lets do the drop pod" position to the "bullet spraying in the right direction" one and flicking off the safety, he has a look around Luyten Four. Giving himself a quick second to get familiarised with his surroundings and the information on his HUD. Thinking quick and sharp, he chooses his direction, beginning to move forward immidiately, his weapon ready and his eyes scanning the area in front of him.

( What kind of enviroment are we in again? :\ Probably more to follow once I find out )
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 21:26   #61
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Anthony and the Captain were speakin when another leuitenant came in...

"Sir, drop pods have been launched, we dont have a fireing solution yet and the computer predicts that the pods wil only land a few clicks to the south of us..." said the leuitenant in a rushed hurry. Anthony looked at the leiutenant and dissmissed him..

"Sir let me lead one off my squads out there, intel suggests that their squads are less than maximum strength, and my heavy weapons squads can be ready to go in less than an hour... personally, I think we should hit them hard and with an element of suprise. Well sir i shall get my squad ready to go, we will then head straight for them and hit them hard and fast..." Anthony turned to leave, and waited for the Captins response....

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 15:59   #62
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

I wanna play

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 17:22   #63
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: Me too.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 18:30   #64
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Richard Sharpe
Planet of Origin: Earth
Class: Heavy Infantry

Primary Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Secondar Weapon: SMG
Equipment: Nightvission Goggles, Incindiary Shells

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 18:37   #65
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Then join, you lazy biatches. :-p ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 19:15   #66
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul Hewitt
Planet of Origin: Earth
Class: Heavy Infantry

Primary Weapon: Flamethrower
Secondar Weapon: Grenades
Equipment: One..... hmm, make that two extra packs of 'nades (the normal blowing up kind ).

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 19:43   #67
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Io Cor

/ooc Since Bakan didn't post, he's my b*tch now. ooc/

Looking around, you can see that you are standing on the coast of an ocean that extends out towards the horizon. In the direction away from the ocean, rolling hills and flat plains beckon, with only the occassional stand of stout trees to break out the monotony. According to your HUD's map, the missile battery was only a few miles to the Northeast. A few moment later, you hear the voice of Incom Morgan, your Squad Commander grate over the intercom. "Form up, men." About 500 meters inland from your position, you see most of Squad D forming up, including that rocket-launching nutter, Corporal Sharpe. Master Chief Morgan continued, saying, "Now, that missile battery is only a few miles from here, so we should be expecting company soon. We'll let the other squads advance ahead of us and deal with the footsoldiers, and then help with the main push into the base itself."

flapjack

Having landed a bit more inland than most of the others, you had a bit more of a run instore for you to get to the Squad D meeting site, convinently marked on your HUD by one of the Squad Commanders. Nonetheless, you get there in time to see the majority of Squad D forming up, with Master Chief Incom Morgan delivering a very quick briefing. "Now, that missile battery is only a few miles from here, so we should be expecting company soon. We'll let the other squads advance ahead of us and deal with the footsoldiers, and then help with the main push into the base itself."

PK

"Aye aye, sir!" The private comms back to you, stopping for a moment to salute. This somewhat unorthodox method of replying nearly gets him killed, as suddenly a heavy machine gun opens fire on him. Flinging himself flat with a curse, the private looks around wildly for the source of the incoming fire. Looking around with him, you see a small off-terrain vehicle duck behind a hilltop, before coming up over it and revealing itself as a standard four-person military jeep, with mounted machine gun. As it crests the hill the Jeep's gunner fires again, rather more inaccurately this time, as the guns tears into the ground several feets to your left. "We've got to get to the trees, sir!!" The private yells, scrambling to his feet.

/ooc Note that the Jeep is still several hundred meters away, so you probably have time to get to the stand of trees if you run. ooc/

Spritely Zombie

/ooc Not a problem. Everyone's within fairly easy walking distance of everyone else anyway. ooc/

You send off your transmission, and are answered with affirmative clicks: the code often used for relatively long-distance transmission that could possibly be intercepted. You then take a minute or so to set up the necessary waypoint on your (and by extension, your squad's) HUD, grumbling all the while about the new waypoint system that the techies had devised, and how they claimed it was much superior to the old system. Superior your *ss, the thing took at least twice as long to use now. Scanning your surroundings, you notice that the pods of Corporols Warren and Dachi were both close by (these are one-man pods, sorry for not explaing that earlier. ). They are quick to form up on your command, and together you start moving towards the waypoint. As you do, you get a quick burst-transmission from Private Luther Smith. "Sir, I'm pinned down. I didn't want to break radio-silence, but I landed in a stand of trees at Coordinates 45.67x81.65, and there was a Seccessionist patrol waiting for me. Barely got out of there alive, although my one ankle is hurting: I think I twisted it on some roots. I'm pretty sure the patrol is sweeping the area looking for me, so I don't dare leave my position. I'm at Coordinates 45.67x81. - OH HELL!!" You hear the sound of gunfire over the comms, drowning out whatever the private's last given part of the coordinates. Nonetheless, he couldn't have gotten very far from his pod, and his pod was only about 1000m off to your right, in a dense stand of trees.

No Dachi

Climbing out of your pod, you see both Master Corproal Warren and Master Chief Kihei checking their equipment nearby. Apparently these drop pods weren't so accurate: you only see these two nearby, with other figures in the distance moving about and forming up into teams. Master Chief Kihei gives the order to form up, and sets up a waypoint for the entire squad to head for. The three of you then start hiking it towards the waypoint, when the Master Chief stops for a moment, as if picking up an important transmission and has to concentrate.

mrmao

/ooc You're actually in a different squad than most other people, mrmao. Check the first DMing post or so on the first page to see that you're in Squad B, with Ryon, and I think one or two other people. ooc/

You see, once you kick open the drop pod's hatch, that it has deposited you near a stand of trees. Looking around, you can see that a majority of the landscape is rolling hills and flat plains: dotted here and there by thick stands of trees similar to the one you landed next to. Suddenly, you hear gunfire from within the stand of trees . . . evidently somebody else nearby was getting a rude welcome from the Seccesionists.

Fluffie

You form up with the nearby Master Chief Kihei and Corporal Dachi, and then call point. Leading the way toward the Master Chief's designated waypoint, you start looking around at your surroundings, hoping to catch those nasty Seccesionists before they can ambush you. Most of the nearby terrain appeared to be rolling plains, broken up by the occasional stand of trees: pretty much a sniper's paradise. You hope that there weren't many of those nasty people around here, at least on the wrong side: they cheated at fighting, like, all the time. Suddenly the Master Chief stops, as if getting an important transmission.

ASME

/ooc Since mad cat hasn't replied, he's my b*tch. ooc/

"Yes, that's a fine idea, lieutenant . . . you go out there and deal with them." For a moment, the captain shudders, and you wonder if perhaps, just perhaps, the captain had been assigned to this dead-end position because he was a coward. But then the feeling passes, and you give him a quick salute before leaving to round up your men. As you left the captain's office, the same lieutenant comes up to your again. "Sir, the enemy's drop pods have now fully landed, and our patrols are reporting in, saying that they have encountered the enemy and are currently engaging them. Do you have any orders for me to give to them?"

Crazyboy

Your drop pod is one of the last to land, apparently due to a glitch in the Aquarius's launch computers. You almost weren't launched at all, but apparently some Ensign noticed the problem and manually overrided it before the Aquarius broke orbit. However, as a result of being one of the last to be launched (you could tell this by all the mumbled thumps of the other drop pods launching), you were also one of the last to be on the sensors of the Seccessionists. Now currently alive and on the ground, evidently you landed before their missile batteries could reload, or they would have certainly launched a missile or three at your trailing drop pod to take care of you. Nonetheless, you were now of the ground, and starting to form up with the rest of Squad D. You find a majority of Squad D already formed up, waiting for your arrival. "Looks like just about everyone is here. We'll wait for the last few stragglers, then move out." Master Chief Morgan, the commander of the squad, says out loud as you approach.

Hewitt

/ooc Ahaheheheheh This is what happens when people sign up late. ooc/

You seem just about to have the worst luck of any Federation soldier in history. First, there was the fact that your drop pod's retro-thrusters nearly failed to kick-in, slowing your drop pod from a cratering speed to a merely "slam-into-the-ground-at-a-painful-speed" speed. With a couple of loud shouts and kicks to the side however, the thrusters did come on, and none too soon either. However, the reduced time they had to work in made your landing somewhat bumpier due to the marginally higher speed upon impact. So, despite the straps holding you to the wall of the drop pod, you still somehow managed to bang your head against the opposite wall's padding. Secondly, you landed in a clump of trees, causing your drop pod to get all knocked around as it smashed its way towards the ground, and throwing you about even more. Thirdly, as a result of smacking into so many trees, instead of landing right-side up, the d*mn thing landed on its side, forcing you to pull your dazed self out of the pod, instead of kicking open the door and climbing out. And finally, a f**king Seccessionist patrol just had to be walking nearby, and were attracted into the stand of trees by the crashing of your drop pod. The first warning you had of enemy contact was a shout of "Federalists!!", and then a hail of gunfire from somewhere off to your left. You only managed to save yourself by stumbling back and tripping over the rim of the pod, causing you to fall back into it. Although somewhat thin, the walls and thrown up earth around the pod manage to absorb all of the bullets (at least for the moment). The gunfire cuts off for a moment, to be replaced by periodic, fairly random shooting: supressive fire intended to keep you pinned while the Seccessionists moved into a better position to kill you.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 20:16   #68
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Anthony looked at the leiutenent and then back at the door you just came out of...

"Yes, i have an order for them, show no mercy" he said, the leiutenent scampered away and transmitted the order to the patrols, meanwhile Anthony left the command center and went outside to prepare his squad to move out, what he didn't expect to see was his squad kitted out and ready to go just outside the command centre door..

"Sir!" said the coperal, saluting "As soon as the techies reported the Fedralists in orbit i assembeled the troops ready for your command... I hope i wasn't over stepping my authority sir..." Anthony looked at the corperal, and then turned wih a curt nod in his direction, "Prepare the troops to deploy, it seems there's a party were missing" anthony said while he walked towards the officers quarters where he would get his equipment ready.

When all was ready Anthony and his troops climbed aboard their fast transport, hopefully managing to get them to the enemy in less then 10 minuites. Anthony lookd at the squad that he had, all of them tougened veterans unlike himself, but he was still the best, even they accknolged that...

"We no not what to expect form these Fedralists, but one thing we can be certain of, We Will Show Them No Mercy!" Anthony said, "Am i right?" "Yeah." ame the proud reply form the soliders, al they could do now was wait for the transport to land...

Unread 4 Dec 2004, 23:12   #69
mrmao
oh...sexy...

occ-oh my fault blast-occ

"Oh Crap Oh Crap Oh Crap" Dyaln yelled as he rolled out from his pod. He first got into cover behind his pod to chaeck his Hud. Sure enough there was someone in the trees. He didnt know how many enemies were in the trees though. He'd hoped for an easy drop but he didn't get it. He started at a decent jog through the trees doging from on to another, and took the saftey off hissmg. Hoping to get a jump on whoever was attacking his squadmate.

Last edited by mrmao; 4 Dec 2004 at 23:18.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:03   #70
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie drops onto one of his knees as he notices his boss stops walking. Hoping to lower his profile some, he throws a quick glance at his SMG. He loved his SMG, it was great for spraying bloody mayhem at close distances, but around here... Long distances and the likes, nothing so far the SMG loved much. Nor Fluffie really. The thrill of launching himself around a corner in some crazy city and hoping there was something to shoot in mid-air, yeah, that was the life.

So his guess was they had better kill something, or rather, someone soon. Preferably someone with an Assault Rifle. He knew how to handle those and having an extra weapon for the preferably longer ranges would be sweet. For now he'd have to rely on these two sniping dudes that were catching a ride on his boat though. Friendly snipers were doable, less pussy and wussy than those Seccessionist suckers, because no pussy or wussy would ever make it to the Helljumpers, right?

Enough thought for the moment though. Scanning the area in front of him again, Warren fully concentrated on his surroundings and mission.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:10   #71
No Dachi

Seeing Fluffie adopt a crouching positon while he waited, No Dachi dropped to one knee himself and brought his sniper rifle up, scanning the horizon of his vector through the scope. He could just about hear gunfire off in the distance, as well as an explosion every now and again. It was a good thing they were out in the open, the Corporal reflected, since his sniper rifle wouldn't be much use in close quarters combat - which he had a lot of experience of, being an ex-Marine and all. No Dachi adjusted his hold on the pistol grip of the sniper rifle, tightening his finger around the trigger slightly. Pretty soon, he was going to have to kill something, hopefully something with an assault rifle. Having an extra weapon would be pretty handy, and it'd be preferable for short range combat as well. Up 'till then he'd just have to rely on the sub machine gun-toting Fluffie to handle the short range stuff. He'd be made of tougher stuff than his pussy Secessionist wussy equivelants, or else he wouldn't be in the Helljumpers...hopefully. No Dachi shook his head slightly, frowned at the middle distance and then returned to eyeing the horizon through his scope.

Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:16   #72
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

The Master Sergeant was taking awfully long with his call and the Seccessionists weren't plenty at the moment. Wondering if they would get to clear out any facilities (which seemed likely), he wondered if he should maybe nick a shotgun from a dead body later on, instead of a rifle. An interesting thought indeed, but then he remembered something...

The new kid in town, No Dachi, mentioned stuff about Assault Rifles earlier too. "Being quite adept" with them, or something. Fluffie smiled, scanned his vector again and hoped it wouldn't come to a fistfight between himself and the ex-Marine, those fellows were supposed to be tough. But they had better respect their elders...

Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:20   #73
No Dachi

With a brigade of Secessionists having not sprung up from beyond the ridge line, No Dachi went back to thinking about how he'd get his hands on an assault rifle. Presumably from a dead Secessionist - or dead Federalist, for that matter, though he'd have to wait for one of those to come to him rather than engineer one himself. He briefly recalled his conversation with the Master Corporal earlier, and recalled the man's interest when he had spoken the words "assault rifle", during his recollection of his time in basic training. The Corporal started hoping for two dead Secessionists with assault rifles instead of one, because otherwise he could well end up fighting over one with the Master Corporal. No Dachi wasn't sure what the penalty for braining a senior NCO on the head with the but of one's sniper rifle was, but he was fairly confident it wouldn't be leniant. And, of course, the guy was probably pretty hardcore, being a Helljumper and all...

Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:29   #74
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

This whole Assault Rifle had a potential to get ugly, real ugly. Deciding to check the other angles for boogies too, Fluffie turns his head around just in time to see the sniper that wasn't his boss, eye him. Immidiately thinking that he must be thinking the same thing (Assault Rifles, Assault Rifles, Assault Rifles) as he was himself, he lets his lips move, but not speaking the words out loud.

"Don't you know I'm hardcore?"
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:31   #75
No Dachi

No Dachi was just running through a few possible nightmare scenarios involving an assault rifle showdown between himself and the Master Corporal, who he was not looking at out of the corner of his eye, sniper rifle lowered, when he saw the man mouthe something like "don't you know I'm hardcore?". There was only one suitable reply. Turning his head to face Fluffie directly, No Dachi looked him in the eye and spoke in a clear voice.

"Break it."

Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:31   #76
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Looking around at the pretty landscape of yet another world, Corporal Richard Sharpe started whistling to himself a random song. His squad was apparently going to hang back at the moment, while the other squads delt with any enemy infantry, before they advanced. While this wasn't really all that big a problem, it did mean that he would have to sit around doing little for a while, and Sharpe really did want to use his shiny new rocket-launcher already (his old one having met with an unfortunate end when it was used to beat the crap out of some unlucky soldiers on the last planet Sharpe had a fight on).

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:35   #77
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

ooc - In an attempt to actually do some consistant roleplaying for once in what seems like ages since i have participated fully into a thread, i guess ill join as well.

Name - Owain Glyndwr
Rank - Private
Planet of Origion - Sirius
Class - Support

Equitment - What extras do they have?

Orignally conscripted into the Secessionist army for Sirius, though holding little like for eitehr factions involved in the war Owain fought for them for roughly a year and a half before deciding to desert to the the earth forces. Figuring it could not get much worst, gaining enough freedom with information to avoid being eitehr shot on sight or jailed in somone unnamed planet tobe forgoten about.

As luck would have it the Secessionists stared to gain the upper hand at key battles across certain planets meaning the winner was not clear anymore. Left with either trying to work his way back into the Secessonist army and being branded as a traitor so not likely to get very far, or making the best of what he could right now. Offering his so called experience to help aid the earth forces in their fight, though not without meeting a high degree of hostillity or suspicion from officers and soldiers alike or being able to avoid any required surveillance.

ooc - Im a little rusty regarding sci fi threds so if its wrong it cant be helped.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:36   #78
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie jumped up, his face dead serious. This newbie had been asking for it, all along. What was worse, he had been asking for it behind Fluffie's back. God, he could get so worked up about this if he didn't control himself. And now, the old Marine had crossed the line.

"Damn right I will!"

Throwing his SMG aside, Fluffie drops to the floor, instantly putting on a superb break-dance show.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:39   #79
No Dachi

No Dachi's eyes widened. Master Corporal Warren was dropping some seriously funky moves that were notching up a 9.4 on the Groovetor Scale. Letting his sniper rifle fall to rest on the length of its strap, No Dachi did the only thing a junior NCO and ex-marine could in this situation, and began rapping.

"Federalist sniper out on a foreign rock
Busting phat rhymes that you can't mock
Got a breakdancing senior NCO
And how I'll see approaching Sececessionists with this shit goin' on
I just don't know
Break it down!"

Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:46   #80
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Alfred finished his routine, getting back onto his knee. Reaching out, he took hold of his SMG again and nodded at No Dachi, a man who had mastered the groove most succesfully. He was smiling, the competion in his head concerning the Assault Rifle having faded away completely. Nodding at the apparantly part-time rapper, he hoped the other understood it meant he'd watch his back from that point on.

"We're rocking now."

Scanning his vector again, he was happy to ( hopefully ) find it still devoid of any Sececessionists.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 00:50   #81
No Dachi

Taking hold of the pistol grip of his sniper rifle again, No Dachi switched back from Maskillz Rapper Mode to Deadly Ex-Marine Sniper Mode and, at the Master Corporal's nod, saluted smartly.

"Yessir, rocking we are, sir." He said, now fully confident in the other NCO's abilities. Any man who could bust moves that radical deserved his respect and loyalty, and would get it. From Fluffie's gesture, he had apparently achieved some kind of similar, but reversed, respect-gain. With the outbreak of undiluted funk contained, for now, No Dachi dropped to one knee again and went back to scanning his vector through the scope of his rifle.

Unread 5 Dec 2004, 03:55   #82
Spritely Zombie

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Kihei who had been looking the other way while all this had been going on, turned to Fluffie and No Dachi.

"Looks like some poor guy needs a little help getting to the objective. They're pinned down by seccessionist forces about a klick that way."

He pointed off to his right towards the distant clump of trees.

"Keep low, keep to cover, keep an eye out for the enemy. As soon as anyone sees any sign of any enemy forces, signal stop and we'll take a closer look." He grinned, hoisted up his rifle, and started off towards the trees.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 18:54   #83
No Dachi

"Yessir." Affirmed the Corporal, through his helmet's com, since the Master Sergeant was already some distance out in front. He raised himself off the ground slightly into a half-crouch position, stooped low in a kind of creeping walk that was surprisingly fast, sniper rifle lowered and eyeing the horizon keenly. The position was very uncomfortable, but he was pretty much used to it after sniper training back at Fort Unity on Earth. He stayed some distance back from the Master Sergeant in front. That way, the three of them were less likely to get wiped out completely if there was an ambush. Almost as an afterthought, No Dachi stopped, dropped to one knee again and examined the clump of trees that Kihei had pointed to through his scope, just to make sure...

Unread 6 Dec 2004, 07:41   #84
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

ASME

You deliver your orders to the lieutenant, and exit the command center to see your own unit already forming up. Most of them are already suited up, although a few men are still running up, buckling on equipment and checking weapons. You give a quick briefing to your 2nd in command, and then go to suit up. By the time you re-emerge from the armory, several APCs are pulled up in the courtyard of the base, with your unit of Heavy Infantry marching into them. In all likelihood, at least some of the Federalists will have formed up by now, so your men would likely have a tough fight ahead of them. Nonetheless, you are sure that they will give a good account of themselves.

mrmao

Ducking for cover behind your crashed drop pod, you freeze in place for a few moments while you attempt to locate the source of the shooting. The source was definitely in the woods, and the firing was sporadic enough that you could guess that it was only a small patrol of Secessionists, which meant that you and whoever they were shooting at weren't too outnumbered. Deciding that it was time to move out from behind your cover, you stand up and crouch-run away from the pod and towards the stand of trees. Once in the cover of the trees, you start moving more carefully, looking for where the gunfire is coming from. Eventually, you see several Secessionists troops spread out between several trees, popping out of cover now and then to fire on a drop pod lying on its side a few dozen meters away. Currently, all of the Secessionists have their backs to you, as they are carefully "bunny-hopping" towards the pod, always being careful to move only when at least one Secessionist is delivering suppressive fire.

No Dachi/Fluffie

After your little . . . confrontation . . . and subsequent resolution, Master Chief Kihei begins moving again, this time to the east, while informing you that your little trio was about to save some n00b's arse. ( ) As you get closer to the stand of trees that is apparently the location of the private's last transmission, you begin to hear the sounds of sporadic gunfire, and at one point, what sounds like a grenade detonating. When you are about 100 meters from the treeline, you see a figure emerge from the trees. Upon seeing the three of you, the figure leaps back behind a tree, firing off a wild burst of assault rifle fire as he does so.

Crazyboy

Giving one last look over your new shiny rocket launcher, you nod in satisfaction and await the order to move out. This new rocket launcher, sadly, didn't have all the impressive nicks and dents that your old one did, which was a pity, because that old rocket launcher earned all those dents by being slammed into some unlucky sap's head. But unfortunately, one time you smacked one guy too hard, and ended up getting your rocket launcher bent beyond repair. In any case, you have a new one now. "So, planning on blowing lots of stuff up, or is that thing just for show?" A heavy infantryman asks, as he checks the ammo belt on his mini-gun. Stopping his work for a moment, he extends a hand to you, "Name's Jonan Preston . . . guess you could call me the new guy around here."

Darkling

/ooc Dang, this is rapidly turning into a feeding frenzy. Oh well, welcome aboard, and your character is fine. ooc/

Available Support Equipment

Primary Weapon: Pick one

SMG - Typical infantry gear. Never leave home without it.
Pistol - Standard FSF sidearm.

Secondary Weapon: Pick one

Knife - The usual solid-steel combat knife.
Grenades - Comes in belts of 5
Demo Pack - For making a REALLY BIG impression on someone.

Equipment: Pick two

Extra Ammo: Primary - Self-explanatory
Extra Ammo: Secondary - Again, title says it all
Extra Ammo: Grenades - 5 more of the little bouncing beauties
EL (Electronic Lockpick) - Capable of bringing down even the most secure electronic doors, given enough time. Can also be used to hack into computer systems.
Medpack - A kit that goes far beyond anything the average soldier's suit can provide. Will almost certainly save a wounded person's life if used correctly.
Remote Detonator - Sometimes it's better not to have those Demo Packs on a timer . . .
Night-Vision Googles - The typical soldier's night-time gear.
Grasshopper Mines - dirty little buggers that can be planted virtually anywhere, and will go off whenever a Secessionist ID is registered by the mine's scanner. Come in groups of 3.
Turret Kit - although it takes a fair bit of time to set it up, sometimes a motion-sensor equipped turret can come in handy. Can also be set up and used manually.

Without much fanfare, you drop onto the surface of Luyten Four, along with the rest of Squad D, the support/heavy squad of Charlie Platoon. Unfortunately, your drop pod seems to have been the most off-target, as you are nearly 3 km away from the waypoint that has been designated as the Squad D rally point. With few other options than to simply deal with it, you sigh and start walking. Unfortunately, you are only about halfway there when you hear voices ahead of you. Moving quietly through the strand of trees that you are currently moving through, you come to the treeline, and peer out to see a small patrol of four Secessionist troops making their way along a small dirt road that winds along the edge of the forest.

Spritely Zombie

After receiving this call for help, you inform your two comrades that the lot of you would be making a little sidetrack on your journey to the waypoint, and set out for the private's last coordinates. As you get closer to the coordinates, you can see that the private got pinned down near to a stand of trees. In all likelihood, if the private wasn't dead by now, he was probably hiding out somewhere in that small forest. As you get closer, you can hear the sound of sporadic gunfire, and at one point, the loud bang of a grenade. By the time you get to within 100 meters of the treeline, however, a figure briefly emerges from the stand of trees. Upon seeing the three of you, the figure leaps back into the cover of the trees, while firing off a wild burst of assault rifle fire that goes wide.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 08:44   #85
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
Hewitt

/ooc Ahaheheheheh This is what happens when people sign up late. ooc/

You seem just about to have the worst luck of any Federation soldier in history. First, there was the fact that your drop pod's retro-thrusters nearly failed to kick-in, slowing your drop pod from a cratering speed to a merely "slam-into-the-ground-at-a-painful-speed" speed. With a couple of loud shouts and kicks to the side however, the thrusters did come on, and none too soon either. However, the reduced time they had to work in made your landing somewhat bumpier due to the marginally higher speed upon impact. So, despite the straps holding you to the wall of the drop pod, you still somehow managed to bang your head against the opposite wall's padding. Secondly, you landed in a clump of trees, causing your drop pod to get all knocked around as it smashed its way towards the ground, and throwing you about even more. Thirdly, as a result of smacking into so many trees, instead of landing right-side up, the d*mn thing landed on its side, forcing you to pull your dazed self out of the pod, instead of kicking open the door and climbing out. And finally, a f**king Seccessionist patrol just had to be walking nearby, and were attracted into the stand of trees by the crashing of your drop pod. The first warning you had of enemy contact was a shout of "Federalists!!", and then a hail of gunfire from somewhere off to your left. You only managed to save yourself by stumbling back and tripping over the rim of the pod, causing you to fall back into it. Although somewhat thin, the walls and thrown up earth around the pod manage to absorb all of the bullets (at least for the moment). The gunfire cuts off for a moment, to be replaced by periodic, fairly random shooting: supressive fire intended to keep you pinned while the Seccessionists moved into a better position to kill you.
ooc: lol, ND and fluffie are out there doing the breakdance and I'm here stuck in my pod with half the bloody enemy on top of me... you know I love it

*Hewitt invents a new form of cursing as he considers his situation, no doubt probably the worst he's ever been in... for a while at least.*

"God damn it. The second I stick my head out it'll get blown off and if I wait here too long some successionist scum will no doubt lob a couple of grenades in here. Hmm..."

*All things considered, Hewitt decides to do the unthinkable and call for help. *

"To all available units. This is tango niner three sixer niner two zero requesting immediate assistance. My pod has crashed into a wooded area co-ordinates... four five six six by eight eight one six three... I've been pinned down by enemy forces and are unable to evacuate my pod. Number of enemy unknown, possible patrol. Repeat, this is tango niner three sixer niner two zero requesting immediate assistance..."

*At best, Hewitt expected any help to arrive just in time to recover his corpse. But suspecting the successionist forces to be listening over the radio waves Hewitt hoped that at the very least it might divert some attention to covering their own asses. In any case, Hewitt didn't plan on waiting around for his death and immediately began considering how to get out of this metal coffin without dying in the process.

Using his battle hardened memory, Hewitt tried to guess were abouts the enemy had first originally fired from before he 'fell' back into the pod. The terrain was heavily wooded so if he could divert their attention he might just be able to clear the pod in time.*

"Hmm..."

*Unhooking a couple of grenades, Hewitt moved as close as he could to the pod opening and waited for the next burst of gunfire. As soon as it stops, Hewitt leaps out of the hatch and throws a grenade in the general direction of the enemy, ducking back just in time to avoid the resultant weapons fire. As soon as the first grenade goes off he does it again, hoping that the moment of confusion will allow him a better shot.*

"Take that you sons of biatches!!" BOOM!

*It is at this moment, seeing the smoke produced by his explosions that Hewitt gets hit with an even better idea. Grabbing a few more grenades he begins to lob them outside of his pod in random directions thinking he might be able to create some kind of smokescreen. It takes three more grenades, but with his arm only going outside this time it proves to be much less of a risk than trying to hit the enemy directly. With small fires now sprouting from his grenades all around his pod, Hewitt decides the time is right and getting into position, waits for the successive firing to pause again before leaping right out of the pod amongst the smoke and making a wild dash for the trees...*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 10:21   #86
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

equitment shall be as follows then -

Primary Weapon - Pistol
Secondary - Demo Pack

Detonator Detonator
Grass Hopper Mines (I assume they come with some sort implament to burry them or hide them, unless they do it themselves)

Cursing and mumbling silently his usual famous bad luck was holding out as again, starting to feel a blister forming on his foot from the uncomftable boots. Stopping at the sound of voices moving his pace to barly a crawl top avoid making any noises in the udnergrowth. Peering out at the small group of soldiers proable on a patrol pattern of some kind right now, silently grumbling grinding his teethtogethor knwoing full well a pistol will only make them mad. If hew as extremly lucky maybe kill one or two but then get filled full of bullets himself, glancing around himself for better cover not wanting to waste a mine or demo pack on them either opting to hide it out untill they pass through. Dropping his pack of his back placing it on the ground carfully covering it up with some foliage, draws the holstered pistol just in case and waits.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 11:49   #87
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*Flapjack waits for the order to move out...*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 05:00   #88
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- ugh i am sorry for not posting, but various things have been taking up my usual posting time and creativity -ooc

mad cat looks down at the desk in front of him, it did seem a little chilly, he would probably have to get the heat turned up after the coming engagement as in the time between now and then he would probably be too busy to notice, he begins to go over in his head all possible options that the enemy had to them, he quickly runs into the need for maps of the surrounding terrain, he exits the office and closes the door quietly behind him, he finds a free terminal and calls up several differant maps, showing topography, vegitation density, etc etc. mad cat marks a few places on the sattelite image and finds a comm, he studies the map for a little longer before relaying his message to a couple select leutenants that he knew could handle themselves (including asme, if he so wishes)

this is captain mad cat, i want you to send squads of six to take up defencive positions at the following coordinates *lists off several sets of coordinates that indicate probable approaches to the base*. have backup on immediate standby, and patrols of three between each emplacement, no one is to leave their post without my orders. good day to you gentlemen, and tell your men from me: happy hunting

mad cat turns off the comm, and returns to the command centre, where he will watch the deployments
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 20:51   #89
No Dachi

"Contact front!" With a shout, No Dachi threw himself onto the ground, belly down, and brought his sniper rifle to bear on the clump of trees up ahead, leaning on his elbow as he watched the tree carefully through the scope. He was a long way off for the assault rifle, but better safe than sorry.

"Sir, requesting orders." No Dachi stated into his helmet's microphone, watching the trees carefully for any sign of movement from the Secessionist(s) hiding within their concealing leaves and branches.

Unread 8 Dec 2004, 00:00   #90
Io Cor
I eat babies! ;D

Io Cor is infamous around these partsIo Cor is infamous around these parts

::awaits orders?::
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 19:40   #91
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

In the few seconds between the actual gunfire and No Dachi's shout, Joseph got down to the ground quickly, letting him fall for the most part. Now belly down on the ground and his SMG futily ready at this range, he softly speaks into his helmet's microphone too, right after Mr. Dachi does.

"I'm worthless at this range, permission to advance.."
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 02:03   #92
Spritely Zombie

"Roger that Joseph. No Dachi and I will give you covering fire. On my mark."

Kihei who had also instinctively hit the ground as the secessionist soldier had fired, set his scope to a low zoom to give himself a decent field of vision, then flicked on the infra-red overlay, hoping to get more information on the enemy force, through the thin cover afforded by the shrubs and canopy.

[ooc]Assuming it's not a total suicide run [/ooc]

"... Go go go!"
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 09:03   #93
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

*PK sights for a moment along his assault rifle, thinking about whether the shot was possible. Deciding that it would be a waste of ammo that could quite possibly get him killed, the Chief stood and began to move with speed towards the trees.*

"Come on Private, let's move before that machine gun chews up our asses."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 14:08   #94
ASME
DarkStar

As the APC trundled along, Anthony heard the command from the captain about taking up defencive positions around the liely routes of assault, he turned of before he heard anymore, his mind full of hate for the captain and the fedralists. The captain, for being such a coward, and the fedralists, for what they did to his world. Anthony was soon brought out of his thoughts...

"Sir, were approaching the landing sites of the third lot of drop pods, several scouts have reported concentrated resistance form these Feds." announced the APC driver over the internal com system.

"Very good, take us to what seems to be the largest reported cluster of them, then stop and let us get out..." Anthony replied. It was another five minuites driving before the APCs came to a stop, but the evidence of fighting was already apparent, sparodic machine gun fire has heard even through the tough hull of the APC.

"Ok men this is our stop, now get ready and give them hell, you hear?" Anthony barked at the veterans,

"Sir, yes sir!" came the unison reply. Then the doors opened and and the fight commenced...

Unread 10 Dec 2004, 01:26   #95
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

mad cat curses quietly as he watches the progress of leutenant anthony's apc, direct insubordination and disobediance of orders was not a good thing to have happening at any time, however as it reaches its destination the ones that had followed their orders have gotten most of the required troops out into their positions and were setting up some turrets and other light defences, mad cat pushes a few buttons and brings up the recorded landing zones of the drop pods, he compares them with the positions of his own troops and patrolls, he frowns and mutters to himself

well at least the man's independant, lets hope he's a capable leader too

mad cat looks up from the screen to get the comm he had placed down nearby, he links through directly to anthony's apc and waits for someone to pick up on the other end
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 11:52   #96
ASME
DarkStar

Before Anthony got out of the APC he heard the radio crackle, signalling there was someone at the other end wanting to talk to him or his squad. Not wanting to leave his squad leaderless, Anthony quickly picked up the tranceiver and began to speak.

"Leuitenant Anthony here Sir, I presume its you Captain." Anthony began, but not letting the Captain get a word in edgeways. "Sir, with all due respect, I believe the best defence is a good offence, and form what I gather most of the other squads have obayed your order to place a perimeter around the missile site." Anthony stopped for a breath, but was then off again.

"I know i am in direct violation of your orders, but, my troops would not do well in a defencive context, and I am willing to take full responsibility for these actions, even if it means a full tribunal before the military council, but of course that all depends wheather i make it out alive, after all, if i die, i'll be dying with my honour. Well, Sir, my troops need a leader right now, and right now, i am that leader..." Anthony then put the tranceiver and began the walk to the doot off the APC, though he ingered near the exit, wandering if a reply, if any, would follow him.

Unread 10 Dec 2004, 11:58   #97
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie got up again, starting to advance forward in a very crouched position. Using his surroundings to cover his very valuable body as much as he can, he just hopes his two sniper buddies takes care of anything he doesn't see, but does see him, before he is taken care of. Taken care of wouldn't be very fun, so he tried and lower his torso a little more, while continueing to advance in the direction of where the gunfire had come from earlier.
He was keeping his weapon ready and his thoughts halfly focussed on suddenly jumping forward, firing of a few rounds in the direction of which he might see someone and then landing on his belly, crawling forward, hoping to kill the sucker...
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 19:01   #98
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Richard looks the 'new guy' up and down. He looked like he could make the grade, if he had enough brains about him.

"This thing is never for show. And yes, I am planning on blowing alot of things up. The name's Sharpe, Richard Sharpe. Most commonly known as Crazyboy alot of the time though. But that is a story for another time, when we're celebrating with a nice big pint of beer."

Richard continues looking around, waiting for the order to move out, while checking his rockets were safley tucked away in his pack, ready for immediate use, along with the rocket launcher, slung over his back.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 21:40   #99
Mad cat

ooc- arent we exellent with creating names. anyhoo, inspectre what kind of vehicle support do i have access to? -ooc

mad cat listens to the leutenant's speel, and replies in an almost businesslike fassion that implies

i respect your opinion leutenant, and will not order you back, however i expect that, as i am going to overlook this, violation, you will show me that you are competant and capable of handling the responsibility, good luck, and dont get yourself killed.

as his own small speech draws to a close mad cat's voice becomes somewhat more friendly, he places the comm down on the table and gets up to go speak with the commander of the missile battery, when he finds the man mad cat pulls him aside

is this battery capable of fireing SSMs?

Last edited by Mad cat; 10 Dec 2004 at 21:48.
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2004, 07:47   #100
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Dylan hid behind a log as one of the Secessionists got in postion to fire at the drop pod near him. Rembering the lecture in basic traning about appropriate force Dylan decided to use his knife on the unlucky man. Dylan unsheathed his knife and crept up behind the man, it was amazing how much he wasn't paying attention. Dylan reached the man wraped one arm around his mouth and with the knife hand lit his throat. He felt a slight struggle but as the blood drained from the man he stopped struggleing.