User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jul 2004, 22:34   #851
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Re: Masters of Andromeda IV (New Horizons - Out of the Ashes)

[Back from Vacation, will create post sometime once I heal/recover]
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 02:50   #852
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Kama's ships ahead of main fleet in defensive formation (-25 to hit +30 to evade)

Outlaw Wake:
Confirm bonus mission
Spare and Weapons power routed to sustain shields/bring back to 100%
Tractor Beams charging (post 2 of 3)

El Dorado/Shangri'la:
Returning fire at "long range" 6x Phaser V (each)

Horus:
Anti Missile Defence Turret Activated
Spare and Weapons power routed to sustain shields/bring back to 100%

Frigates (Gorgon Class?):
Catch up with Kama, course to follow Horus, hiding in the moderate safety of the wake of a Defence Cruiser, rotate the 5 in and out.
Powering weapons, etc.

Comms:
Politely ask Bogg what type of mines he's using in the field, since looking up the stats might take a bit.

Editty posty bitty

"Take our ships to point. We'll return long range fire with the Attack Destroyers, target the foremost enemy frigates with Phaser Vs, that's 12 shots off... do your best to make them hit.

Shift our course, run in high to the side of the mines, we'll try to lure off some frigates from the rest of the fleet, we don't want some clumsy mistakes between the rest of the defenders.

Our fighters are on patrol with the flagship, 20x Valks, 50x p30n.

umm... go go go..."

Last edited by J-Kama-Ka-C; 22 Aug 2004 at 14:00.
J-Kama-Ka-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 03:02   #853
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

* 20 (4x5) Space Mines - 1 external Mount - contains 5 space mines - these are the booby traps of space can be used with close proximity fuses and be dropped behind you or used to protect an area. - c 150

* 10 (2x5) Cobalt Mines - c 1000 - 5 to a mount - these are devastating mines with a blast radious of 1 light second - any ship caught within the blast had best watchout
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:04   #854
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

I'll post tomorrow
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:34   #855
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

My post may come later than planned this time arounbd, did try and do it tuesday but lack of inserpation hit me then, and last few days I have been packing and sorting my stuff out so have only done a few quick responces here and there. If there is nither a reply by today or sunday then it will be next week after I have recovered from jetlag and settled in.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 06:08   #856
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

OOC- Post half done, need some more time, going to bed now, will finish tomorrow. -OOC
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:12   #857
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

dms not till next week anyhow

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 17:04   #858
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

* The Frivolous Rainbow rocks lightly under the impact of the enemy ships' weapon fire. And as if the ensuing battle wasn't enough, captain Bogg now also found that he had to deal with a spy on his ship and he wasn't at all pleased with that. In fact, nobody had ever seen him this since that time they ran out of toiletpaper.

Bogg: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'HE GOT AWAY'?! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! FIND OUT WHOEVER IT IS AND BRING HIM BEFORE ME!"
No1: "Calm down, Phinneas. We shouldn't do anything rash, but instead we must go about this methodically. Why don't you concentrate on the battle with those aliens while I investigate this spy business from my quarters?"
Bogg: "Very well, but I expect to see results and I expect to see them fast."
No1: "But of course, captain. You can rely on me. Alison out."

* In her quarters Alison makes the nessecary arrangements to capture the spy by giving orders to several other crewmembers through the commsystem.
No1: "Mr. Leetdude; I want you to secure my commlink. No one is to be able to eavesdrop on me, understand?"
Comms: "Yes Ma'am. Hold on... Your commlink has been secured."
No1: "Good, now... The unauthorised transmission was sent in code. I want you and Laura to work together on trying to crack the code and figure out the exact contents of the message that was transmitted."
Comms: "Aye Ma'am, understood. Leetdude out."
No1: "Mr l'Oven. Not long ago there was an unauthorised transmission from this ship to somewhere in Devoran space. I want you to check the computer logs and determine whose access codes were used, what location on this ship it was being sent from and to which coordinates it has been sent. Once you do, sent an SSS team to secure the area for further investigation. Be quick, but thorough, don't get fooled by fake logs or possible boody traps or something."
EO: "Aye Ma'am. I'll start immediately. l'Oven out."
* Alison keeps checking the systems for further spy activity and doublechecking whatever information the crew comes up with, while meanwhile on the bridge Bogg is dealing with the hostile ships.

Bogg: "Right then. Let's pound these alien bastards to stardust. Sarah, what's our status?"
WO: "Our shields have dropped to 110%. Shields on The Dancing Starfish and Twinky and Dinky are down to 90%. Those alien weapons seem to have an extremely long range and they have some weird effect on our shields too!"
Bogg: "Return fire!"
WO: "Captain. I think it'd be better if we didn't do that; not yet in any case."
Bogg: "Huh? Explain to me why I shouldn't cause things to go boom onboard their ships?"
WO: "Because you probably won't. The enemy ships are a long way off which means that our weapons won't be very effective. A better thing would be to wait until they are closer and in the mean time temporarily boost our shields with the power we would otherwise use to fire the weapons with. Also, not returning fire might result in us dropping a few ranks in their target priority list, meaning that we will be hit less than the other ships, but that may turn out to be just wishful thinking."
Bogg: "Hm, very well, you're the tactical expert here. I guess you will know what is best."
WO: "Yes captain. Thank you, captain. I've started temporarily rerouting power from the weapons (except PPP8s, AFDIII and AMDIII of course) to the shields."
Bogg: "Mr. Leetdude; order The Dancing Starfish and Twinky and Dinky to do the same thing and let them hide their ships behind us."
Comms: "Aye Captain!"
Bogg: "Laura, have your scans come up with any results on possible weak spots yet?"
SO: "Sorry captain, still nothing there."
Bogg: "Continue looking. Those bastards must have weaknesses somewhere! And I want to know which ship is their leader. How hard can that be? Monitor the communication between their ships if you have to!"
SO: "Yes captain. That's actually a very good idea."
Bogg: "It was my idea, so of course it's a very good idea. Leetdude, inform the flagship we've found that spy they're after tell them I want all information they have regarding the spy and pass it on to Alison."
Comms: "Yes Sir."
Bogg: "Yvonne have you analysed their flight patterns yet?"
Helm: "I'm still working on it, captain."

Actions:
- All anti-spy measures from last post remain active, in case he/she/it/they try something like that again.
- No1 is to investigate the nasty spy business.
- SO and Comms work together on cracking the coded transmission to see what exactly was being sent.
- EO determines whose access codes have been used to send the message and also where from. Once this has been established an SSS team will be send to secure the location for further investigation.
- Weaponpower is temporarily diverted to further boost the shields. Only the PPP8s, AFDIII and AMDIII remain active (PPP8s do NOT fire).
- The Dancing Starfish and Twinky and Dinky are to do the same and they are to hide behind the massive ship that isThe Frivolous Rainbow.
- SO continues using the enhanced scanners to find out more about the approaching ships (attempt #3) and is also trying to detemine the enemy lead ship (attempt #2), this time making use of the enemy communications pattern (determine what ship they are communicating with the most).
- Continue charging weapons: 2x PPP8; 1 post (ready to fire)
- Request all info regarding the spy from the flagship's agents.
- Helm is still studying approaching ships' flight patterns and programming some evasive and offensive manoeuvres (attempt #3).
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 17:05   #859
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
dms not till next week anyhow
Oh, had I known that, I'd have done LotD QfG first. Oh well, consider me early for next week then.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:17   #860
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Actions Noted
Scans indicate the ships (see the post)
Comms - links to the other ships
moving on thrusters only
------------------------------------

Ryon J'kar looked through his screen with slight anticipation, this would be his first battle, and he watched the battle already commencing before his eyes. After pondering a few moments, he sent out an order. "Join the battle alongside Bakan. Let him know we are here to fight with him. Not against him. I also want the other pirates in the known vicinity to know who we are. So identify ourselves as friends and not foes. "

"Yes, Commander, message sent. We are now entering combat." A Young officer responded, she had smooth skin and vibrant blonde hair.

The ships shields were already going up as Ryon looked at his tactical screen revealing enemy ships.
He swivelled in his chair as he usually did when he thought to himself. It was a small nervous habit, and it encouraged his crew mates to see him do that. The almost loved it. It let them know he wasn't lost on what to do. His blazing blue eyes then shot back to the screen,

"Here's what I want to happen. Charge both phased hellbor cannons. Lock onto the closest enemy ship and I want a missle lock, fire the cluster missles and then followed by the cruise missles. After the wave of missles I want the light plasma cannons to deliver, followed by the pulse phasers then the fusion cannons. Wrap everything up with the partical lasers!! Give them hell gentlemen!!!!"

Le Revanant targetted the closest ship and what followed seemed like a scene from a great movie. It unleashed it's own version of what hell might seem like for many of the people watching the batlle and the newly arrived ship. The gunmetal gray was brightened by the reflection of the energy and kenetic weapons that were ripping away from its massive hull. Each weapon fired was a moment after the last one. Providing the most effieciency and targetting time for each assualt.

"After the weapons, I want a scan for any incoming projectiles."
-----------------------
Summary
-----------------------

-Send message to the others letting them know I am on their sides.
-Target closest ship and fire the following weapons in order
-Fire cluster missles
-Fire Cruise missles
-Fire Plasma Cannons and Pulse Phasers
-Fire Fusion Cannons
-Fire Particle Lasers
-Charge both Phased Hellbore Cannons
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 16:52   #861
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

*PK watched the scanner screens as hundreds of insectoid fighters began to billow out in a cloud. It was like a swarm of locusts decending on a crop field. Only here, Cid Killer's ship was the crops.*

Pierce: Oh boy. At least they aren't coming for us, right?

"Well, let's see if we can get them to notice us eh? Deploy the Dellani. We can give them a nice little suprise."

Pierce: Aye, sir. Striker Daconis to Dellani. Captain Becker, you're free to disengage.

*Deep in the hold, large clamps began to disengage. The cargo bay doors, refited for exactly this purpose, began to creak open. Within a few seconds, the armour plating had fully opened to reveal the darkness of the hold. There was a momentary flare of light as the last mooring clamp detached and the Dellani''s Singularity Drive took over, throwing the small but deadly corvette out into space.*

Becker: Dellani, all systems engaged, shields up and weapons ready.

"Glad to hear it Zack. You're going to need to use that AFDIII we installed, there's a lot of fighters out there. We're going to have to blanket the carriers with fire, since we can't target them automatically. It looks like Captian Dachi is going for carrier 3 and Killer is going for carrier 1, therefore we'll take 2. Link all Tau Missiles to launch in a slightly chaotic pattern, and lead just ahead of the carrier, as soon as we get in close. That way, at least some of them should hit. Superweapons are to continue charging, we can at least be assured of catching them in the blast radius when we use those. Science!"

Malone: Yeah, I know. I'm trying to rig the targeting sensors to lock on via visuals instead of sensor reports, but its going to take a little time.

"Time we don't have. Fire all missiles on my mark, then blast away with each of the 6 Nova Cannon and 2 Medium Tau Cannon from the two ships. Launch all Draconics and Drakes now, I want them on fighter destruction while we go on our attack run, attack pattern Swarm-Defence-Alpha."

*Both ships disgorged their own fighters, which screamed towards the enemy ones, already swiveling AFD cannon and other advanced weapons in their direction. The Striker and the Dellani swooped towards the target carrier, which was still determinedly ignoring them. PK held his breath, watching the seconds tick by until the right moment. They were almost on top of the Crassk vessel when...*

"Fire!"

*Orange pinpricks of light erupted from the multiple missile tubes at the fore of the two ACE designed craft. They produced a swarm of their own, 51 draining explosives raining down on the carrier that had unwisely ignored them. More Tau fire followed the missiles in beam form, along with powerful Nova cannon strikes, then the ships were past and wheeling about for another run.*

"Get me a full report on what damage we did. I want to know exactly what was most effective and where. If we didn't manage anything, science is going to have to work on an anti-biological weapon we can use. Get me the brigadesmen."

Comms: Nick Dachi is on the line now.

"Good. Ready your men Mr. Dachi, I have a feeling they may be needed. Prepare for fighting bio mechanical troops, and be ready to either teleport or use troop transports at a moments notice."

Dachi: Will do sir.

"Now, ready the weapons again. I want another go at them..."

Summary:
Launch Dellani.
Fire 51 Tau Missiles at carrier 2 at close range.
Fire 4 Medium Tau Cannons at carrier 2 at close range.
Fire 12 Nova Cannon at carrier 2 at close range.
FIre AFDIII at enemy fighters that come close.
20 ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Strikers on fighter destruction duty.
Continue charging superweapons.
Science finding methods of linking visuals to targeting computers, and ways of making the weapons effective against the Crassk in general.
Troops ready to be utilised.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 13:46   #862
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

The Pegasus shook slightly, as the weapon's fire from the incoming alien ships impacted on its armour. The shots disipated along the hull, as the energy from the shots was absorbed into the hull. The two ships held their position, as they waited for the alien ships to close in.

"Armour is down 10% on all fronts. Seems those weaponsn of theirs cause damage to all sectors sir" The Tactical officer punched up the ship's status. All around the projection of the ship, sectors were flashing red, indicating they had been hit and had taken damage.

"Shall we return fire sir?" The weapon's Officer's fingers hovered over her console, as she awaited to let loose with a barrage of fire at the alien cruisers

"No. Let them get closer. Once they're through the minfield, we'll give 'em hell. Continue charging our superweapons and divert all power gained from the armour into our weapons. Alert all Damage Control Teams and get them working on getting our armour reinforced."

The situation was similar on the Cerberus. The crew waited patiently as the alien ships closed in. Weapons were locked on to the cruisers, as they counted down the distance between them and their optimal firing range.

"Comms. Signal the other Captains. Suggest we combine our firepower on the ships. Our primary concerns should be the Cruisers. They seem to hold a superweapon each. They might be a pain. Plan of attack will follow if they confirm"

- - - - - - - - -

Summary
- Energy taken from weapons fire diverted into boosting weapons (on both ships)
- 2 Slipstream drives to continue boosting weapons on Cerberus
- 2 Impuse Drives to boost weapons on the Cerberus
- Active Scans continue on alien vessels
- Fighters continued link with flagship and continue on CEP
- Superweapons Charging
- 2 Reflex Cannons - 1 Post
- 2 Phased Particle Phaser 8's - 1 Post
- Signal sent to other Captains/
- 10x ADCT Teams on the Pegasus to try and repair/reinforce armour
- 20x ADCT teams on the Cerberus to try and repair/reinforce armour

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 18:05   #863
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Blah: Busy week.

My post consists of firing ALL weapons into the untouched cruiser, including the fully charged superweapons.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 19:40   #864
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

I'm a little confused... Is the battle post finished? Because if it is I must say I'm having a very difficult time trying to understand how you can have three ships on the receiving end of equal amounts of firepower and yet as a result 1 explodes, 1 barely gets a dent put in it and another has nothing happen to it at all...

*Hewitt's head explodes from the attempt at reasoning out all the inconsistancies *

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 12:15   #865
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
I'm a little confused... Is the battle post finished? Because if it is I must say I'm having a very difficult time trying to understand how you can have three ships on the receiving end of equal amounts of firepower and yet as a result 1 explodes, 1 barely gets a dent put in it and another has nothing happen to it at all...

*Hewitt's head explodes from the attempt at reasoning out all the inconsistancies *
I will say this only once ..... so heads up class!

that is because the races that have been designed (by me) all have unique abilities. DO NOT ASSUME THAT ALL RACES ARE EQUAL., also I have a battle calc that determines damage done but also takes into account things like evasive manouvers, crew experiance, and ship capabilites - manouverability, tech level of ship, defesive capabilities (hull, shields etc) also each ship can only bring a number of weapons to bear at any one time each ship has 4 sections port, starboard, aft, front - each ship design (all though you do not know it - for simplicity reasons) can only have a number of weapons on each section. Fluffie designs my ENEMY ships and as he will tell you I then add my own touches - like the race bonus - NOW even though your ship captain does not know it the new race you face is MINIRVAN and there ships are immune to most weapon types also they are in league with a race called the C'RASSK who are a race of insects/parasites who are far more Technologicaly advanced than most races you have come across ask ACIDK. So there you go I have now spoilt the fun for everyone about finding out about them in the thread - just to answer your question.

!

Unread 1 Aug 2004, 12:18   #866
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

I apologise to all as I have had a bad weekend as one of my kids (sarah my second youngest) is in hospital with suspected meningitis and is in a bad way but not critical (i am pleased to say) as a result i will probably not post mich until she is better - possibly in a week or two - Also as you can see by my previous post I am in a mood.

So I offer my apologies to Hewitt - you just caught me at a bad moment

Unread 1 Aug 2004, 17:51   #867
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
I apologise to all as I have had a bad weekend as one of my kids (sarah my second youngest) is in hospital with suspected meningitis and is in a bad way but not critical (i am pleased to say) as a result i will probably not post mich until she is better - possibly in a week or two - Also as you can see by my previous post I am in a mood.

So I offer my apologies to Hewitt - you just caught me at a bad moment
Lady Hawk, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we understand. Go take as much time as you need there, and come back when you are ready, not when we yell screaming like 2-year olds for you to DM us.
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 19:15   #868
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

*Stabs Hewitt repeatedily*

Damn you! Its all your fault!

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 23:00   #869
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Now, Hewitt, you just spoilt my fun in finding out the C'raask Allies that I was going to spend many fun hours doing myself!

*AcidK joined Crazyboy by creating a small bundle on top of Hewitt.*
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:37   #870
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Quietly climbs out of the bundle leaving AK and Crazy to fight each other *

That's ok, I understand.

I myself would not have asked that question but I've been quite frustrated and stressed of late - I had to kick my own cousin that I've known for most of my life from my home because she's grown into a real slutty bitch of late and well yeah, I rather not talk about it...

In any case I hope sarah gets well soon.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 21:44   #871
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
a real slutty bitch of late

In any case I hope sarah gets well soon.
ho hum?
(though i probably shouldn't have said this)

and aye, same sentiments from me and myself
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 13:40   #872
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

thanks MoA resumes nexct weekend

Unread 16 Aug 2004, 13:42   #873
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

yay

Back to the MoA madness
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 14:52   #874
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

So Sarah is all better again?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:49   #875
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
So Sarah is all better again?
yes

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:50   #876
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
yay

Back to the MoA madness
YES

muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

(and broken limbs as a joyful present !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

:gollum: :gollum:

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:52   #877
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
Lady Hawk, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we understand. Go take as much time as you need there, and come back when you are ready, not when we yell screaming like 2-year olds for you to DM us.
heh

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:00   #878
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Roll Call - Mission 2a

1 - Blake
2 - J-Kama-Ka-C
3 - Fluff
4 - Urquan
5 - Crazyboy

DM Time to Mission End - 7

BATTLE STATIONS

Battle Range - LONG RANGE

Range to mines - Medium Range

3 x Cruiser - Class Unknown
5000 tonnes cargo hold

Shields (10):
2 Lava Shields (4)
Meta-Phasic Shields (6)

Weaponry (20+12=32):
Reflex Claw Cannon (10)
4 Claw Cannons (12)
4 Pulsed Spike Cannons (8)

External (24):
4 Stomper Missile Launchers (8)
2 Magma Missile Launchers (4)

24 Neptune Class Fighters (12)

Additional (24):
12 Weaponry Mounts (12)
1 Drive/Engine Mount (1)

Heavy Deutrium Armoured Hull (1)
Thick Hide Hull (1)

Advanced AI Ship’s Computer (1)
Advanced Engineering Bay (2)
Advanced Targetting Computer (1)
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1)

Lateral Sensor Array (4)

Drives/Engines (1+1=2):
Reflex Magma Furnace Drive (1)
Subspace Generator (1)

12 x Battle Frigate Leader - Unknown Class
150 tonnes hold

Shields (4):
2 Phase Shields (4)

Weaponry (10):
2 Pulsed Spike Cannons (4)
2 Claw Cannons (6)

External (6):
12 Raptor Light Fighters (4)
2 Fusion Missile Launchers (2)

Additional (6):
1 Drive/Engine Mount (1)

Thick Hide Hull (1)

Drives/Engines (1+1=2):
Subspace Generator (1)

Enemy Ships

Cruisers

Frigates

Fighters
144 Raptors
72 Neptune

Players Ships

1 - Blake
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
forward starboard shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

2 - J-Kama-Ka-C
Ship Name: Kip-GP The Outlaw Wake
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Ship Name: Horus
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

El Dorado;
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Shangri'la
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

3 - Fluff

Ship Name: The Riposte
Weapon boost 110%
sheild boost 110%

forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
forward starboard shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft starbaord shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Ship Name: Redoutable
Weapon boost 110%
sheild boost 110%

forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

the Renown
Weapon boost 110%
sheild boost 110%

forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

4 - Urquan
Ship Name: The Frivolous Rainbow
Weapons - 120%
shields - 120%

forward shield 110%
forward port shield 110%
forward starboard shield 110%
port shield 110%
starbaord shield 110%
aft port shield 110%
aft starbaord shield 110%
aft shield 110%

Ship Name: The Dancing Starfish
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Ship Name:
Twinky
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Dinky
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

5 - Crazyboy
Ship Name: Pegasus
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Ship Name: Cerberus
Weapons boost - 120%

forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

NPC Ships

Flagship

Frigates

World Ships

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:04   #879
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Roll Call - Mission 2b

1 - Acid-K
2 - No Dachi
3 - Planetkiller

note this is the most dangerous mission

Mission 2b - Scout Star System 1

you will have used 80% of your fuel

DM time to mission completion 3 turns

Location 4.5 light years away

Star System with 10 planets and 2 suns

DM NOTE - MISSION PARAMETERS IN JEPOARDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scans =

STAR SYSTEM

2 Suns

1st Sun - RED GIANT

2nd Sun - Yellow Dwarf

Anomalies present - Gravity Wells that can damage ships hulls and systems if hit (Navigation -75)

Planet I - Nearest the suns - No moons - small desert planet - meen temp is 210 degress large deposits of liquid metals of all types - MINERAL RICH

Planet II - Nearest Red giant - 2 Moons - Barren Rock world - but their are signs of a High Tech Civilisation looks like the cities were made from crystal - planet looks like it has been bombarded from space/orbit in some war

Planet III - Water World - 3 moons - again similar to planet II - looks like was devastated from orbit by bombardement - again ruins of Crystal Cities - looks like this world was the Capitol and also provided vast food stores

Planet IV - 2 moons - Terran Like - this world has little in the way of life and again shows vast craters from orbital bombardment - scans indicate that this could have happend some centuries ago - time span unknown - this planet was a Food Supplier, Ore Mining

Planet V - Jungle Planet Oxygen Rich - 5 moons - This world has 3 land masses coverd by vast jungles and mountains - no signs of damage can be seen, but again Crystal Ruins can be see. Scans indicate that the primary life form is some kind of Cat like people, who now live in a very low tech society (possible survivors from the War?) - Food Supplier

Planet VI - Desert World - No moons - again like the other planets massive signs of damage seem to indicate that this was a Manufacturing world again the structures seem to be Crystaline in form, also the southeren land mass shows signs of vast quarries and mines Manufacture, Ore Mining - MINERAL RICH

Planet VII - Gas Giant - 16 moons - size of Uranus

Planet VIII - Gas Giant - no moons - twice the size of Jupiter

Planet IX - 22 Moons - Size of Neptune - Lots of ships hulks of an unkown design show that a vast battle was fought here.

note to Acid K
these ships match old designs from 300 years ago - They are SHRAAN Navy ships and the others match designs for at least 3 C'raask Hive Ships (Command Carrier Sized)

Planet X - Gas Giant size of Saturn with 123 rings from north pole to south pole - 62 moons - 1 of which has an earth like atmosphere and plant life

Enemy Ships

3 C'RAASK SWARM FIGHTER CARRIERS

Escort Carrier Class (smallest of the C'raask Swarm Ships)
3000 tonnes hold

Hull
x1 Bio Organic Hull

Shields:
x2 Phase Converter Shields

Weaponry:
x2 Quad Bio Blaster Cannons
x4 Twin Bio Blaster Cannons

External:
x2 Bio Morphic Missile Launchers
x100 Swarm Class Fighters

Additional:
x1 Life Form Nerve Degenerator Cannon
x1 Advanced Bio AI Ships Computer
x1 Advanced Bio Tactics Computer
x1 Advanced Bio Engineering Bay

Engines/Drives:
x1 Anti Matter Drive
x1 Warp Drive

NOTE C'RAASK VESSELS CANNOT BE AUTO TARGETED - THEY MUST BE MANUALLY TARGETED (-35 to hit them)

1 - Light Cruiser Sized

forward shield 80%
forward port shield 80%
forward starbaord shield 80%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 80%
aft starbaord shield 80%
aft shield 80%

DM NOTE - THE WEAPONS HAD MINIMUM EFFECT - THEY HAVE ABSOEBED THE ENERGY FROM THE WEAPONS - ENEMY SHIP IS NOW GROWING IN SIZE

Swarm Fighters
290 in skirmish formation (classic c'raask tactics)

Players Ships

Acid-K

4 fighters lost

Ship Name: Amodyte
shields 120%
forward shield 110%
forward port shield 110%
forward starbaord shield 110%

Ship Name: Shraan Defender
shields 120%
forward shield 110%
forward port shield 110%
forward starbaord shield 110%

Ship Name: Shraanian Privateer
shields 120%

Ship Name: Liovanda
shields 120%

Ship Name: Lio-Dankus
shields 120%

PK
Ship Name: Striker Draconis

Ship Name: Dellani

ND
Ship Name: Yudachi ('Sudden Shower')

Ship Name: Hatsuharu ('Early Spring')

Ship Name: AGB-117F (Unofficially the Laughing Ronin)

Ship Name: Amatsukaze ('Celestial Wind')

Ship Name: AFS 294-M (no unnofficial name; mostly people just refer to it as 'the Medical Frigate')

Ship Name: AFS 609-R (unnofficially the Drunken Monk)

Ship Name: Inazuma ('Lightning'),

Ship Name: 'Ikazuchi ('Thunder')

Ship Name: ACS 442-S (no unnofficial name as of yet; the scientists of the vessel don't take to Clan superstition that simply having the registry number is unlucky, and it hasn't been attached to the squadron long enough for the other crewmen to name it)

AK
Actions noted see post

Comms - Sir the Admiral Garonina Darkstorm is hailing us on private channel - shall i put her thru sir?

SO - Sir - those ships the cruisers - they are CHRYSALLIS class - according to the database if we fire on them they grow in size and power.................

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 21 Aug 2004 at 14:30.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:09   #880
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Roll Call - Mission 2c

1 - Bakan
2 - Hewitt
3 - Darkling
4 - Inspectre
5 - Ryon

Mission 2c - Scout Star System 2

you will have used 90% of your fuel

DM time to mission completion 3 turns

Location 5 light years away

Star System with 12 planets and 1 sun

Mission to scout the star system for possible hostiles or signs of life and also of raw materials and refueling (ie GAS GIANTS)

Immediately you hit a problem your FTL Drives and Sublight Drives cease working - you are on thrusters only and your secodary power immediately kicks in - you all still have ships systems.

Passive scans indicate the following

MASSIVE GRAVITY FLUCTUATIONS - POSSIBLE UNKOWN NEUTRON STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star System

1 Known Sun - Yellow Star (same as earths)

Planet I - Small Barren world - nothing significant - it is too close to the sun and in later years will burn up in it.

Planet II - 2 moons - Venus like with lots of cloud cover - METHANE RICH.

Planet III - Terran Like - coverd by 90% water - Unusual observation it is FRESH WATER SEAS. there are traces of a high tech civilisation. Possile Water life forms could be mermaid/men like.

Planet IV ?????? - Small world - too small - THIS MAY BE THE SOURCE OF TEH GRAVITY - This could be the Neutron Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Planet V - Barren Desert World - 6 moons - but with a thin oxeygen/nitrogen atmosphere - could support life - similar to MARS

Planet VI - Ice World - 7 moons - Again can support life but the cold is similar to that in SIBERIA. Traces of a civilisation possible over 2000 centuries old - POSSIBLE STAR LEAGUE!

Planet VII - Gas Giant - 98 moons - Size of Jupiter

Planet VIII - Gas Giant - no moons - 6 times the size of JUPITER

Planet IX - Terran sized planet - no moons - could be the original moon of Planet VIII - Ice world - MINERAL RICH - Dangerous Terrain - Danger Rating - HELL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Planet X - Gas Giant - Size of Saturn - no moons - but is unique as that it is Black in colour.

Planet XI - Ice world - like pluto - possible large comet that has gatherd other smaller comets over the years and has become world like - inhospitable terrain.

Planet XII - Gas Giant - 108 moons - size of Neptune - with vast seas of Methan and other gasses - makes this world rainbow in effect, has storms of the like that can be seen on Jupiter with the same ferocity.

Scans indicate FTL ships in the system - matches no known ships.

Ryon
Actions noted and scans indicate all in this post
you notice a massive space battle taking place see posts

Bakan
Actions noted
All ships link up via command bridge for joint attack on the enemy ships
you notice the arrival of an unknown ship

Darkling
Actions noted
your Borg weapons are effective

Inspectre
Actions noted
your chrono weapons were most effective
you notice the arrival of an unknown ship
Kali indicates that normal weapons should be boosted by the Chrono Drive

Enemy Ships

3 x Cruiser - Class Unknown
5000 tonnes cargo hold

Shields (10):
2 Lava Shields (4)
Meta-Phasic Shields (6)

Weaponry (20+12=32):
Reflex Claw Cannon (10)
4 Claw Cannons (12)
4 Pulsed Spike Cannons (8)

External (24):
4 Stomper Missile Launchers (8)
2 Magma Missile Launchers (4)

24 Neptune Class Fighters (12)

Additional (24):
12 Weaponry Mounts (12)
1 Drive/Engine Mount (1)

Thick Hide Hull (1)

Advanced AI Ship’s Computer (1)
Advanced Tactics Computer Upgrade (1)

Lateral Sensor Array (4)

Drives/Engines (1+1=2):
Subspace Generator (1)

12 x Battle Frigate Leader - Unknown Class
150 tonnes hold

Shields (4):
2 Phase Shields (4)

Weaponry (10):
2 Pulsed Spike Cannons (4)
2 Claw Cannons (6)

External (6):
12 Raptor Light Fighters (4)
2 Fusion Missile Launchers (2)

Additional (6):
1 Drive/Engine Mount (1)

Thick Hide Hull (1)

Drives/Engines (1+1=2):
Subspace Generator (1)

they are closing at battle speed and are UNAFFECTED by the SPACE ANOMALY

Cruisers
Reflex missiles miss
your weapons hit the shields and there appears to be no damage

foward shield 95%
foward port shield 95%
forward starbaord shield 95%
port shield 95%
starbaord shield 95%

light hull damage

Bakan your weapons hit the sheilds but no damage appears to be done
Darkling your borg weapons hit

foward shield 92%
foward port shield 92%
forward starbaord shield 92%
port shield 92%
starbaord shield 92%
aft port shield 92%
aft starbaord shield 92%
aft shield 92%

Frigates
foward shield 95%
foward port shield 95%
port shield 95%
starbaord shield 95%

foward shield 95%
foward port shield 95%
port shield 95%
starbaord shield 95%

foward shield 95%
foward port shield 95%
port shield 95%
starbaord shield 95%

DESTROYED IN A BALL OF FLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foward shield 95%
foward port shield 95%
port shield 95%
starbaord shield 95%

foward shield 90%
foward port shield 90%
forward starbaord shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%

No Damage

foward shield 90%
foward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%

foward shield 90%
foward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%

Players Ships

Ryon

Bakan

dreadnaught
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
forward starbaord shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

PC1
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

PC2
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Darkling

Black Rose
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

light hull dmage

Inspectre
Ship Name: Kronos
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Ship Name: The Phoenix
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
port shield 90%
starbaord shield 90%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Hewitt

Ship Name: Immortal Raven
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Ship Name: Dragonheart
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Ship Name: Lion
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Ship Name: Nemesis
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Ship Name: Unicorn
shields 110%
Weapons 110%
forward shield 100%
forward port shield 100%
port shield 100%
starbaord shield 100%
aft port shield 100%
aft shield 100%

Fighters as follows :-

Anti-Missile Cover
Bakan:
48 Slipfighters
4 Gunboats

Inspectre:
54 Slipstream Fighters

Hewitt:
4 Scout Ships

Anti-Fighter Cover

Inspectre:
54 Slipstream Fighters
4 Nials Fighters
1 Shogun Fighters

Hewitt:
20 Polaris Class Fighters
4 Angel Class Fighters

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:10   #881
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

now to the posts

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:20   #882
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
-ooc-
I'm confuzzled, LH. Can you send me a PM to tell me which vessels they are in Shraan (I'm unsure if they are Armidillos or Swarm Hive Bombers, and I'm fearing the latter)

Also, I'm working on the Liovanda Design for my next Elfwood uploads
-ooc-

SO: Sir! C'raask vessels are coming straight for us! Commander No Dachi has been trying to fight them, but they are ignoring him and have not even had a scratch on their sheild power.
Uliya: Typical C'raask sheilding...
Comms: There's a message for you, Sector Commander, from the Shraan Fleet Admiral.
Cid: What does my father want at a time like this?
Comms: Shall I place it onto your private message screen?
Cid: Yes, do it.

*The message appeared in what would have been a very dodgy script of odd shapes and disfunctioned letters. It was, in fact, Old Shraan language, something not many young Shraanians would understand. On this vessel there was only five people that would understand the language: Himself, Kosaga (his Number One), Uliya (Ex-Captain of the Liovanda), Pio Jurn (The Science Officer) and Dannik Lavii (The Comms Oficer).*

Cid: Is he now? Thats interesting...
No1: Care to inform what the message says, sir?
Cid: He wants me to recruit the Commander No Dachi... Odd, I always thought the Clans would want it the other way around...
Uliya: Your father's probably thinking we are in need of extra support...
Cid: We are already allied with the Allysians... Then again, they have their own agenda... Nether the less, I will carry out his order later on. Right now, we have a little more serious matters in mind.

*Cid stood up and walked to the veiwscreen, clasping his arms behind his back and smiling to himself secretly. He hated the C'raask for various reasons, now he might get his chance to see what they are really capable of. He knew normal weapons would have little effects on the vessels, but he had the advantage of Kylithium on virtually every single weapon on every single ship within his own fleet. If the records were correct, it would make a huge difference in this battle.*

*He then proceeded to admire the design of the Liovanda itself. It was long rather than simple 'Big', with three massive out-dents that strentched from the front of the Concordat Battlestar all the way to the back. Each 'dent' held ten Heavy Missile pods at the top edges and, on the sides, held seven Pulse Phasers on a staggered orientation in equal lengh apart so there was no blind spots. The 'dents' were in a 3-point star position, two across the side and one on the bottom-end of the Concordat. There was a smaller, thinner 'dent' that ran from the dent-mid-point (the location of the Reflex Cannon 10), holding other weapons such as a pulse phaser, a battle-laser and the openings to five cruise-missile pods.*

*In between all the dents held a massive array of AFD and AMD weapons as well as the remaining fifteen cruise-missile pods that we situated nearer the front of the ship. The hangers themselves were nearer the back of the Concordat, defended by AFD weapons to stop launching fighters from being bombarded. The bridge itself sat on the back-most area of the smaller dent, raising a little, Cid's face clearly shown in the massivly thick permaglass as he looked out of it. Cid admired this ship for general design as well as firepower. Suddenly Cid snapped out of his daze and began to look sharp.*

Cid: right, lets give them a big, warm, Shraanian welcome! As soon as they are firing range, lock onto the nearest Cruiser possible, move slightly more into damaging range and then rip them a new one. I want every single Heavy Missile on the Liovanda to fire directly at the nearest C'raask Vessel! Also, I want the Defender to launch all of it's EMP missiles! Take the sheilds to allow Commander No Dachi to rip them apart!
WO: Beginning on locking now, sir.
Cid: Get our fighters to move into intercepting those Swarm Fighters! However, I want them to lure the fighters nearer the Liovanda so our Anti-Fighter Defences can rip them a new one! Formations are to remain in order to counter their typical Skirmish Formation.
SO: Sir... Erm... that is what I was about to say... they are entering Skirmish Formation...
Uliya: They hardly use anything else...
Cid: What I'd do for Swarm Hive Bombers and Pro-Tex Starfighters right now... Make it so!
WC: Orders sent to the fighters, Sector Commander.
Cid: Also, I want the Lio-Dankus and the Defender to move into firing range, fire their superweaposn and then retreat a little to help the Liovanda coutner any fighters that come close. The Privateer, being our only Anti-Fighter Destroyer, is to remain near the Liovanda for definate Anti-Fighter protection.
FC: Orders are being sent, sir.
Cid: How goes our sheild defences?
EO: They are at 120%, sir.
Cid: Good, continue to strengthen them, I don't want the C'raask Cruisers to fire their Bio-Missiles on us with too much injury!
EO: Aye, Sector Commander! I will use the utmost caution not to overdo it and blow our sheilds out.
Cid: Good...

*Cid smiled as he watched out the veiwsceen, the massive C'raask Vessels on approach. He spoke more or less towards the C'raask, hoping they would hear his voice.*

Cid: Welcome to hell, fellas, today... you will die.

-Actions-
Wait patiently for C'raask Ships to enter into Firing Range
Lock onto Cruisers for missiles and energy weapons
Liovanda Heavy Missiles to fire, aiming directly for nearest Cruiser
Defender EMP Missiles to fire, aiming directly for the nearest Cruiser
Missiles to
Fighters to engage incoming fighter vessels, get behind them and keep them tailed
Fighters to lure the Swarm Fighters individually nearer the Liovanda's AFD range
Continue to strengthen sheilds with FTL drive energy
Superweapons:
PP7 - Firable next round
Reflex - Firable Next Round
PPC - Lock and Fire on nearest C'raask Cruiser alongised Meta Hellbore Cannon
Meta - Lock and Fire on nearest C'raask Cruiser alongside Plasma Pulse Cannon
SWARM HIVE BOMBER/INTERCEPTORS (new design)

actions noted
DM NOTE - PLEASE REPLY TO THE FLAGSHIP FROM PREVIOUS POST
weapons fire at C'raask Cruiser 1
fighters engaging

SO TACTICS UPDATE

HIVE BOMBER INTERCEPTORS ARE CARRYING NEW WEAPON -

CORBAMITE KYLTHIUM GUIDED MISSILES - (SHIP BUSTERS)

Target - THE CONCORDAT

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:33   #883
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
*Sniff* Oh nursie, why did you have to do it *sniff* ah I'm just glad I wasn't holding the lightning rod this time... or at the very least, hopefully a devoted M*A*S*H* company will prevent it striking twice.

Question though LH - we've had 2 DMing posts since the initial "approaching ships 2 posts off", they're firing at extreme range, next post it will be long range, and we can fire back? Then the following round, (time to mission end = 6) Medium range, mine field fun?
yup

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:35   #884
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

more later

Unread 22 Aug 2004, 13:11   #885
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Cid: What the hell?

*Cid stood up and looked at the readings of the converted Swarm Hive Bomber that was now sitting on a mini-hologram next to the SO. It's amazing what you can reroute a holodeck to do. Cid's eyes widened and his face went pale.*

Cid: Holy Mother Of God!
SO: We have taken out only ten fighters so far and have lost four.
Cid: If they get too close, this Concordat is finished! Get All Fighters to intercept and destroy those fighters! Fire another volley of missiles, this time into those Swarm Intercepters! Get Commander No Dachi to also target those bloody fighters, they must be taken out NOW! The Lio-Dankus to fire a 4-missile volley into the Swarm, obviously aim those first!
No1: What will we do if they come too close?
Cid: Abandon Concordat sounds about sufficient. Father will be pissed, but we have little choice... Okay, back to old tactics, eh? Send in the Privateer, all fighters are to use it as the point of command until those fighters are down, let it rip those fighters to hell! The Defender and the Amodyte are to make positions in front of the Liovanda, to defend it at all costs! Get the Lio-Dankus, after it's missile volley, to take position directly behind the Amodyte, ready to make a quick, tactical interception by suprise-attacking those fighters' missiles. Make the Amodyte AFD, the Defender AMD as well as the Lio-Dankus!
FC: Aye sir! Rerouting your orders now!
WC: Setting all fighters wings to Privateer base-point.
Cid: Change there formation to Search and Destroy!
WC: Aye, sir!
WO: Sector Commander! The Liovanda's Reflex Cannon is ready to fire! So is the Amodyte's PP7!

*Cid, whom by now was standing at the bridge window, staring out into the battlefeild that was slowly making it towards the Liovanda. His next order was insane, but it would work if timed right.*

Cid: Here is how it is going to work. We push the Swarm carefully between the Amodyte and the Defender, the more the better, and then we evac all fighters out of the way before we fire the Reflex Phaser directly towards the point where the densest swarm of fighters are.
Uliya: Are you mad? You could hit the Amodyte and the Defender with a shot like that!
Cid: Then have them be a little more split apart. A shot from the Reflex Phaser will surely evapourate any fighters that get near. As soon as the Relex has fired, the Liovanda, alongside the Amodyte and the Defender, backed up by the Lio-Dankus, can easily mop up the remainder with the impressive AFD and AMD. The Liovanda, however, is to use ALL energy weapons apart from the AFD to switch into AMD mode. I do not want to be hit by a suprising amount of Ship Busters...
Comms: Sir, we have Admiral Garonina Darkstorm haling us on a private channel, shall I put her through?
Cid: Certainly...
SO: Sir, I have looked onto why the hive ships did not receive much damage. They are using a Cryssallis Armour... Everything we pump into them, the bigger that ship gets.
Cid: Guess we may have to overload it, but first we mop out their fighters!

-Summary-
Liovanda to pull back a little
Amodyte and Defender to take positions a little ahead of the Liovanda
Lio-Dankus to take position behind Amodyte after using a 4-Cruise Missile Volley
Liovanda to fire a volley of missiles into the Swarm Hive Intercepters (20 Cruise, 30 Heavy)
Fighters switched to Search and Destroy
Privateer to head into the Swarm as mobile fighter base.
Privateer to use all weapons apart from the AMD to AFD
Liovanda weapons, all except Reflex Phaser and all 10 AFDs, to switch to AMD
Fighters to lure and squeze Swarm between Amodyte and Defender
When Figthers are dense enough between Amodyte and Defender:
Move own fighters out of the way
Fire Relfex Phaser 10 directly at the largest, densest swarm of Bombers, making sure not to hit any freindly ships
Inform Dachi to attack the fighters, pro-haste
Receive comms from Admiral Garonina Darkstorm
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.

Last edited by AcidK; 22 Aug 2004 at 14:12.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 00:02   #886
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

/ Meh, I haven't really had time to catch up since I got back from holiday last week. Sorry for lack of posts. Will post asap. /
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 12:32   #887
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I'll post soon-ish.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:50   #888
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

ok

Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:05   #889
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

same.

I'm pretty much on a posting roll today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:16   #890
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

lol, I'm one of those auto-posting people...

Not sure if my tactic would work, if it does this would be a whole new idea for a New Empire battlescene I have been trying to for about a month (This is the last of my draft Shraan-based books as I have been working on the fall of the C'raask in New Empire: Psychic Retaliation).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:23   #891
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Before you think that I have not yet replied; I did that a month ago, it's on somewhere on top of this page (#858).
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 17:17   #892
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

will do shortly

Unread 11 Sep 2004, 15:38   #893
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Will all them people that haven't posted yet, please post so that LH can DM us? I'd very much like to get on with this thread.
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 18:15   #894
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Sir yes sir... well, except that I had done awhile ago, it's editted up there, though when I do summaries before posts it seems to mess up my RP rhythm, ho hum, at least I'm not on the hunting list... not for failure to post anyway...
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 03:33   #895
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

<Sorry>

The old lumbering battleship moved slowly through space, the engines working to turn the bulk so it could bring its starboard weapons batteries to bare. The ships heavy fighters easily keeping formation with the large vessel. Hull lighting illuminating the ship so that it could be clearly seen in the darkness of space, its starboard weapons coming alive readyto fire, as the dorsal turrets turned to target the incoming ships.

Blake: "Fire starboard and dorsal weaponry as soon as possible, keep us starboard to them. No damn profjectiles though, we need to keep the missiles."

Helm: "Yes sir, will do my best."

Blake: "Engineering, have you catalogued the upgrades we require?"

The face of the chief Engineer appears on a side monitor, behind him the Engineering bay filled with Engineers moving frantically about their business to keep the ship in order.

Chief: "Yes sir, but we can talk about that when we get out of this mess."

Blake: "We are in desperate need for upgrades Chief, how are the engines holding?"

Chief: "Fine, sir."

Blake: "Very well, you better get back to work."

The Engineer nodded once and the monitor returned to tactical analysis.

Blake: "Continue battleplan."

Summary

Fire everything but the torpedoes as soon as possible at the closest enemy ship.
Fighters continue escort, anti fighter/missile guard.

<Once again sorry for my lateness.>
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 11:24   #896
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I like.. I don't know.. I think I've lost "the Rommey spirit"