User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:09   #51
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Re: Noldor's Tribulations

Spirtly Zombie -

Flyn ease himself down on the bottom bunk, pressing any creases ut of his simple looking uniform.
"The top, and as far as your stuff is cosnered its probale in the cargo bay awaitng to be delivered. It normally happens during flight procedures its rather dangerous to be lugging boxes around the corridor when you iniciate a jump, what wiht the high gee forces and all reason theya dvice everyone to stay in proteced areas and get their shots, or you end up crushed agasint the wall or floor with burst atereies and veins or both if your unlucky."
Putting his hands under his head to support it
"Why do you think we all get comfy soft beds and chairs everywhere, its not for our own lesiure its so we dont get hurt during acceleration or manuvers. And also I would not worry about your rooster next best leaev it untill we are at least past the worst of the jump procedure and hit void space there we just cruise along at high speeds and you dont even feel it, then go to the executive officer or message her she will sort out your luggae and also pas you onto the person to see about your station. The computer folds away into the desk itself for storage sake thought it far from top of the range, your welcome to us it Im going to catch some sleep buzz me if anything itnresting happens."
Turing his abck to you Flyn pulls down the protective hard shell around his bunk, lining the bed with padding alla round for zero gravity sleep, or to avoid falling out onto the floor in general the lsmall light within it going out untill you see nothing but darkness inside the protective pod.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 05:24   #52
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Dragonsjem -
Your harsh glare enough to cause a few to look down, one or two seem lost and confused but dare not look away. Only one speaks to you wth some degree of wavering confidence in her voice.
"We where seeing how the equitment operated, though we handled it in controlled enviroments these are newer models to what they used at the academy, umm thats about it really."
Losing her stare to yours as she looks barly out of her twenties, with soft skin and long hair that glisens in its well looked fater state. Glancing at her badge causes you to quickly look her name up in your pad, finding a pampered lifestlye used to getting her own way in life by using credits.
Akyla resists rolling her eyes as the young one states her belief she can do as she pleases. There was one in every group of recuits so she had long grown accustomed to enforcing her status. Her attention locked on the status pad, typing in randomness as she makes the arrogant wait for her reaction. She had come to enjoy these little sweat session needed to take them down a notch. Deciding it's been long enough, she drops her hand to her side, sitll holding the data pad, sighs, and looks up, clearing her throat again she speaks loud enough for all to hear.
"You do NOT touch equipment without authorization. If you are told to analyze something then you may use it. They are here for work not amusement!." She pauses "These are new machines not yet even check over by ME!. If i find anything damaged on any of these machines they will go on your records. I know ..."
Her speak cut off by the loud explosion sound and alarm, bracing herself out of habit, waiting for the alarm to stop before she contiues.
"Keep yourself away from the machinery until I find out what happened. We don't want to damage it in a fall."
Turning she heads toward the doorway to contact the bridge.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 21:44   #53
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Clearing the quiet bussle of the labs now, your speech scaring most into dumb silence, othes worried looks. Making your postion very clear to them, reaslisng you have left yuor communicator in your room find the nearest public terminal in the laba rchive rooms. A small cramp room kept cold due to the heat given out by the multiply fast memory cores in there, causing your hair to stand on end as its cold dry air slivers over your skin. Quickly opening a channel to the bridge hearing the captains voice repsond the other end,a s was one of his habits he liked to get to know his crew and let them get to know him.
"Bridge here?"
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 22:02   #54
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Flapjack barely noticed the effects of the spray, he'd been through this twice before and he'd somewhat grown used to it. Instead he quickly made his way out of the medical bay and headed directly for the bridge, knowing that any damage, even very minor damages, could throw his calculations way off.

"coming through" He yelled as he passed a group of crewmembers heading for their quarters, he himself at a run through the ship, heading for the elevator to get to the bridge.

After only a few seconds of running he arrived at the elevator and stepped in just before it closed, quickly setting it to head for the bridge, then waiting as the elevator headed through the ship and towards the bridge, the seconds appearing to be minutes.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 16:21   #55
Darkling

Flapjack -

The lift takes it labirious time through the ships interior, dpesite adavances traveling between large ships was not made much easier. Without the precisly contolled system ensuring that there where no accidents or collisons, reuslting in unspecifed dealys somtimes. It come to a halt to allow one other bridge staff to enter from around the lounge area, one new member of crew from the looks of his wodnerbound curiosity.
"Did you hear that ecplsion erlier? I was just sitting around the dinning room wwating for my shift to come up. Next thing there was an explsion and alarm blaring wodner if it casued any serious damage."
Barly looking out of school wearing the uniform of a computer technician though looking full of study and posseing little knowledge about how the universe treats people.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 17:07   #56
flapjack
crashed computer

"I was over at medbay, getting my nanonic, if that explosion did any damage at all, I'll have to rework all my calculations for the jump. And if it's anything serious, we won't be able to jump at all" Flapjack quickly responded

Unread 23 Jun 2004, 06:47   #57
Darkling

OOC - Waiting for some more replies so people dont get left behind.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 03:36   #58
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

/ For some reason im having trouble accessing this page, no luck with page 1 nor a few other threads. Sorry I havent posted sooner but I cant remember exactly what the description was. I know im in my room with my room mates on duty and clothing untidy on the bed so ill use that. /

Cardenas sighed gently, moving towards her bunk she starts to tidy up her clothing. Folding them neatly and placing them in drawers, slightly roughly but it would do. Once she had finished sorting out her area she sat on her bunk and continued to go over her datapad of certain ships systems.

'Hmm..' She thought to herself.

She heard a noise, a loud noise, a tremor.

'What the.. ?'

She had realized what it was, an explosion, she threw down the datapad and ran through the door towards engineering incase she was needed.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 04:12   #59
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Clearing the quiet bussle of the labs now, your speech scaring most into dumb silence, othes worried looks. Making your postion very clear to them, reaslisng you have left yuor communicator in your room find the nearest public terminal in the laba rchive rooms. A small cramp room kept cold due to the heat given out by the multiply fast memory cores in there, causing your hair to stand on end as its cold dry air slivers over your skin. Quickly opening a channel to the bridge hearing the captains voice repsond the other end,a s was one of his habits he liked to get to know his crew and let them get to know him.
"Bridge here?"
Akyla lets a hand drift t0 her hair attempting t0 flatten her hair waiting f0r a resp0nse. Smiling at the s0und 0f the captains v0ice, kn0wing she w0uld get a res0nable and intelligent resp0nse.
"Captain, This is Akyla. Was that unexpected j0lt anything my department sh0uld be c0ncerned ab0ut? Ill send my crewmen t0 their quarters if needed."

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 09:49   #60
Darkling

Dragonsjem

His voice comes through clear and calm through the small flat speakers of the terminal.
"Good timing that, its nothing serious from the reports I am getting there was explsion at one of the outer airlocks. The section is sealed off now, the only serious damage though is that there where a few sensor clusters overlaoded as a result. They will have to be replaced when we get to our destination thought. Other than that we are juming in five minutes so might want to send them to their quarters for now you can continue your debrief later. Best of luck dealing with them now"
The communication ends left with only the sound of cold running fans from the ventilation system. The captians voice coming over the internal speaker system shortly after.

Blake -

Rushung to engineering with due haste, breathing heavly from the exsertion as you reach its entrance. An annouvment coming over the intenral speakers from the captain, though you paided little attention to it. Steping into the amin section of enginerring itself, where most of control and analyse equitment was. Finding it staffed with no more than three people, none of them in a particualr rush to get anything done. The cheif engineer being closets to you as he seem to nod disatified.
"I dont reckal issuing an alert, unless your out on jogging or somthing. Regardless since you are here and we are going jump anyitme soon running around the corridors is not where you want to be. Just grab a console and put activate the sensor backup clusters in sections twenty to thewnty five they have to compensate for the damaged ones."

Flapjack -

Entering the bridge everything seems normal, the captians message confirming it was nothing serious and the problem was being dealt with.
"Crewman your either late for a shift, or should be in your quarters right now. As i recall you just ahd your nanonics booster, regaultions stating you should take at least a ten minute break to allow them to fully take effect. Could it be your worried about your plotted course? hmm well worry no more its been corrected your calcautions where off slightly anyway."
The now famialir voice of the captians speaking to you, you see a grin come from the executive offciers face as she starts to speak as well.
"The captain has served on starships a lot logner even before your parents decded to have you, if they did. After sicha time you pick up a few things"
Her vocie almsot a slight mocking laugh about it, though her face softening to display a less serious tone.
"Yes, yes thats enough no need to go and give him my life story now, just sit at your post then and make sure to follow procedures next time. This time ill let it pass, but see me in my office after ill have a word about it with you then"

Bridge -

Johan ending the communiction with Akyla smiles slightly at the encoutner
"Least there is still some old company on board, the young these days moment they serve their time and get a chance to transfer they join the rat race kown as promotion."
Finding everyone esle involed in their own duites to pay much attention to his comments right now, even the executive officer was making sure all the cargo was locked away saftly in the hold. Shrugging to himself openigna channel through the ship ocen again.
"This is the catain we will be jumping in four minutes either be in your quarters or at your posts. the explsion just now is being dealt with and is nothing serious just a little cosmetic work needed, she be right as reign then after"
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 13:06   #61
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Gokan takes a look at the computer indicated by Flyn. It wasn't anything special, and like the vast majority of computers it wasn't equipped with an interface port. Still it was something. He browsed around for a few moments, checking various ship-board notices and information. After a few minutes the final jump warning came over the intercom. He leisurely packed away the computer, folding it left and sliding it into a recess under the desks surface. Then he stood up, rather unathletically climbed up into his bunk and closed the hatch, although he didn't turn the light off. He doubted there was much point, he could rarely sleep during the day and the prospect of being half-asleep when the jump was initiated made his stomach twist more than the prospect of jumping at all. He knew it was just a combination of inexperience of jumping combined with all too much horror fiction that brought about such anxiety and that he'd get used to it, but nonetheless his stomach felt like there was a small creature tapdancing in it.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 02:23   #62
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

Catching her breath, Cardenas moved past the Chief Engineer to a station. She began keying in commands on the console to do the task that was required. Breathing normaly now she spoke with a slight lack of breath to her voice.

"That felt a longer run than usual, must be getting unfit. Anyway its better I check out an explosion than sit in my room while the ship could potentialy be crippled. And before you say about the comm, I was already half way here when it came."

Smiling as she completed activating the backup sensors - a simple task for those trained non the less it satisified her to have completed it.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 06:36   #63
Darkling

At the current moment I am wating for the otehrs to respond, least enough so I can have a subsatial responce in my next dm due to the fact it will be the jump. Its also important and has side effects if you not in an area where you can either get a seat or has extra protection. The result are a little messy due to the sharp acceleration neeeded to break into void space, and opn up a worm hole terminal into it. Maybe not scientificly accurate but this is an RP after all doesnt have to be.
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 19:13   #64
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack didn't bother with a response and quickly took his seat, calling up a damage report on his terminal*

Unread 1 Jul 2004, 05:54   #65
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Akyla smiles a moment before shivering in the coldness of the room. In that moment she had forgotten how cold these booths could get. Sighing a little as she stands up and walks slowly back to the lab, reluctant to face the new recruits. Pressing the butt0n t0 0pen the d00r, she steps back inside and clears her thr0at. The r00m already silent fr0m the impressi0n she left earlier

"Im sure y0u all heard the captains ann0uncement. Return t0 y0ur quarters immediately s0 we can pr0ceed t0 hyperspace."

Akyla steps aside fr0m the d00rway and watches as her crew files past her, a few catching her gaze but m0st adverting their eyes. As the final 0ne leaves, she sighs relieved and takes a seat at her w0rk stati0n. She always felt m0re at ease in her lab al0ne than anywhere else. Reaching d0wn she grabs the belt t0 secure herself t0 her seat. She had c0nvinced the captain t0 let her get it installed f0r this very reas0n. Cl0sing her eyes t0 listen t0 the s0und 0f the engines thinking t0 herself, trying t0 keep herself calm. Even after this time she was still nerv0us.

Well J0han, my life is in y0ur hands 0nce again.

Unread 1 Jul 2004, 06:32   #66
Darkling

I shall dm when I am back from work and have effort from the trials of work, but on a side note flapjack can you post anything more besides a sentance? even a sigh or some display of emotion?
Unread 1 Jul 2004, 10:00   #67
flapjack
crashed computer

well, no really, you're looking at a person who's spent 2 years of his life in a bucket o' bolts making these jumps to research them, so he's not exactly going to be anywhere near nervous when a huge well maintained commercial spaceship with thousands of successfull jumps is about to jump.
So other then calling up a damage report, there wouldn't be much to do at that time

Unread 1 Jul 2004, 17:08   #68
Darkling

You seem to fail to grasp where I was coming from, I am on about character and emotional content adding. The way your post is put is as though you where playing a text based RP on a mud or somthing, when you are on a forum based roleplaying board. Hence this allows a lot more freedom of ideas and emotions giving life to your charcters, rather than giving simple instructions as though you where limited to commands.
Unread 1 Jul 2004, 17:28   #69
flapjack
crashed computer

the problem is, if my character is to do something, there should at least be a vague reason as to why. Right now he's only interested in checking what damages the ship has sustained and how much this will affect his calculations.
Also, in this case, it's not like he's not having any emotions, just none that could possibly be of much interest.

Unread 1 Jul 2004, 17:42   #70
Darkling

I dont really wan to go into an indepth discusion into this but ill give an example of how you could of relied to my dm.

The voices of the captain and the executive officer displaying their authority comepletly, though alcking in any real malice. Bitting back any comments or attempts to defend himself, flapjack seats himself at his station like all the seats around the ship it was padded. Typing a few keystrokes into the terminal to bring up a ships damage report status.

That was a quick minute or so idea formed into a quickly typed up post. Ill concede the fact my knowledge of the enviroment around you is greater due to me being the DM. So some of the above mentioned might not come to your mind, but it highlights the point that you can add more without making the reply undane to read. Putitng in every little detail but rather chosing specific details picked up from the dm replies themselves and the descriptins etc.
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 11:52   #71
Darkling

ooc - since everyone esle seme to not posting ill just have to continue with the replies I have. Due to flapjack being away ill dm anyway for him, but I shall put him on npc mode. P.S sorry its not a lot just still weary from work and lack of propper sleep.

Bridge -

The lights dim to a low glow, the screens casting a blue haze over the personell. Johan working a few commandin his illuminated keyboard.
"Iniciating jump in five, four, three, two, one"
Coming over the interal comms seconds before the ship seems to drop into darkness, the sound of the engines increasing to a high pitches muffled whine. Johan clenching his fist nervously, no matter how amny jumps to do it only takes one error to ruin it all.

Outside -

Sparks of power circle the ship like dancing ghosts of old, its hull streching forward. The engines igniting alive as the ship disapears into the blackness of space.

Spirtely Zombie -

As you slip into the sleeping compartment, the captians voice coming over the comm as they seme to have speakers installed everywhere in this ship. Feeling a tingly travel all along your body sending a cold shiver down your spine, your hairs standing on end at some static discharge enveloping the ship. Feeling a tug press you hard agaisnt the padded sourndings, feeling your arms and legs stiffen out of your cotnrol amking them harder to move as the nanonics start working.

Dragonsjem -

The captains vocie over the comm come in not long after you seat yourself in, feeling a charge travel up your entire body causing your hair to stand up involintary. The all to famliar feeling of the nanonics strengtheing your arteris and veins causing your legs and arms to stiffen under the force pushing agaisnt you.

Flapjack -

The lights grow dark, the illumanated keybaord and falt screen in front of you dispalying the ships jump status as it starts to open up into void space. Feeling your arms stiffen though not excessvly so, the bridge being one most protected areas of the ship helping the lessen the acceleration effects, and nutralize the static discharge. Your screen shows the vortex reaching critical mass knowing from your studies this was when things could get dangerous, though everything seemed within limits for now.
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 19:00   #72
Darkling

ooc - aplogise for missing you out there blake, problem being rectified.

Blake -

"Well nice to have some dedication to the job I shal let it waver for now, though dont let some senior staff catch you do such things. Starships are run to be efficent and possible and so run around set schedules."
His vocie softening near the end as the captains voice comes over the comms. Your limited knowledge knowing that enginerring would be least effected by the jump being at almost center of the distortion caused, and its numerous sheilding. The feel the hair stand up on your skin, moving like a minascul marching arming across it sending a odd shiver down your back. Finding yourself grip onto the consoles grip handles feeling a slight tug wanting to push you to the floor.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 15:35   #73
Darkling

I hate bumping threads but is anyone still intrested here? if not I will be forced to close the thread down sadly.