User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 19:08   #351
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Wild West

Catching sight of the sheriff forcibly handling somone by the inn, frowning hoping the priest could handle himself. Looking around caches sight of bushes large enough to hide a few people whsipering quitly to Gwendolyn
"This way"
Taking another glance around slips into the cover of the bushes.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 19:34   #352
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Gasping as Gwendolyn follows Rhys's gaze back toward the hotel as the man slams against the door, gasping.
"Oh my!" Shushing herself she follows Rhys behind the bushes, hoping they would be safe.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:36   #353
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point

Waking up with a Terrible headache, Gaunt picks himself up and dusts himself off as best he can.
Surprised to be alive and alone, he curses the loss of his handgun, and goes in search of his prized One-of-a-kind sniper rifle.

ooc/ Knocking me out for going on vacation is fine- even though I do try to get online But stealing my guns and making me look like a drunk?? Grrr... /ooc
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 00:22   #354
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc-didnt want you getting yourself in jail, cant be of any use in jail, besides the drink was for future use -ooc

arthur looks back to the deputy to make sure he is going back to town, and sees mr gaunt get up

hm... better bring him up here

leaves the rifle on the hillside and jogs down to mr gaunt, he quietly comes up behind him and taps him on the shoulder

come with me, and keep it down
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 04:10   #355
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Tommy, after watching the men for a while, decided to make himself noticed.

"Why hallo there fellas, whaddya building there, may I ask? Or should I say - who's it for?"

He made sure his hand was near his gun at all times, should these men get defensive about things.
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 07:58   #356
Czar

Looking mighty annoyed, Gaunt whispers: "Where is Ms. Prim? Where are the Menendez Boys? And where the HELL are my Guns!"
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 17:28   #357
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

follow me and you'll find out

moves quickly back up the hill to his former position
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 19:31   #358
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

TUESDAY NIGHT

D&D
As you conceal yourselves in the bushes next to the house, the Sherrif and Banker briskly walk by and walk around to the front of the house. You hear them climb a few wooden steps and walk to the edge of the wood, to the corner near where you are. The banker takes a deep breath and sounds rather annoyed.

"Shift, the boss is more than a "little" upset. It seems there are some do-gooders staying at the hotel who have been foiling every plan so far! The fire got put out, the posion water was fixed by that cursed one eared pharmacist.......hey! Can't you arrest the hotel owners for letting those guys stay there while they're closed?"

"Would if'n I could. Way I hear it is they aren't chargin nobody to stay thar!"

The banker almost seems to gag. "They are staying for FREE? Argh! Well, at least the Menendez brothers will cause some havoc.

"Actually, while I was in the saloon, 2 of them ran to me and said some looney gunned ambushed them while they were trying to bump off the undertaker. Some guy staying at the hotel killed 2 of them. But the worst part is that another hotel guy caught Aces cheating. With all those witnesses I had no choice but to have him arrested."

"Bloody......the boss wants all of them eliminated. No one must stand in the way again! Tomorrow the boys from the cattle drive will get rowdy enough to scare some more people away, maybe kill a few of the more rebellious ones in the process. Make an example of 'em."

CZAR/MADCAT
As you return to your position at the top of the hill you hear a distant scream of a woman. It seems to be coming from the other side of the hill. The lack of light caused by the cloud cover and numerous trees make it hard to see too far ahead.

FISHBONE
As you approach the group, you try to keep out of all the tabacco spit. They glare at you from their beady eyes until one of them responds. "Why this here is our very own gallows! Tomorrow the boss wants us to...."

He gets slapped in the back of the head from another man. "Ed you idiot! Shut up! Uh, what Ed means is that we jest want to contribute to the safety of the town. By building this, it'll help the, uh, Sheriff if'n he has problems with anyone. But we've been having some problems getting it to work, perhaps you'd like to test it for us?"

ANARCHARNATE
The man holds his nose as you watch the Sheriff and Banker walk off to the ladies house. "Senor, I would not want you to find more problems by helping me. Should you do so, it would be noted by those who you would not want to take notice."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 20:51   #359
Mad cat

looks up suddenly at the sound of the scream

damn! you go check it out

tosses mr gaunt his pistols and goes back to the rifle, he smiles when one of the men gets whacked

it looks like they'r not the brightest group
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 00:33   #360
Fishbone

"Naw thanks, I'm dandy here." Tommy replied, not wishing to 'test out' the gallows. He smiled and readjusted his hat. "Well, you look mighty busy, so I'll leave you to it."

He walked slowly off, tipping his hat at the men as he moved away from them. He didn't know who these newcomers were, but it seemed that Aces was not the only one causing trouble here. He'd have to keep one eye open, and one hand on his gun, while sleeping tonight.

Tommy walked up to the hotel and entered. The owners didn't appear to be around, so Tommy sat down and cleaned his guns, waiting for Arthur to get back. He had mysteriously disappeared after confronting Aces, and he would probably be amused by the story of how he'd cheated.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 03:20   #361
Mad cat

ooc- umm Fishbone? back then tipping your hat to a guy was, well, basically calling them a woman so unless these guys are complete boors, you might want to change that -ooc

as mr fishbone returnes to the hotel arthur relaxes a little, then remembers the two men's threat, he continues to watch the town, and the hotel
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:21   #362
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

"It's my job to help people, my son. But if you're sure..." Father Simon stepped back out of the doorway and carefully closed the door again. Suppose i'd best check upstairs, making it seem as if nobody's in the building...
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 20:52   #363
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Grinding his teth bitterly
"what did they mean by example?"
Rhys looking over to Gwendolyn unable to stop the worry and fear showing on his face right now, after all this he could fele himself coming clsoe to loosing any control.
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 16:39   #364
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Gwendolyn squeezes Rhys' hand tightly, her face white with fright. Her eyes catching his reflecting the same feeling as she nearly holds her breath, afraid they will be noticed, afraid of what they might do to them if they are found.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 18:00   #365
Czar

Grabbing his guns and picking up his rifle, Gaunt heads for the top of the hill and hits the ground.
Checking to see if his rifle is still loaded, he peeks over the rim and puts a bead on anyone suspicious...
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 17:23   #366
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

D&D
After a short pause the 2 fiends continue. The Sheriffs annoying hillbilly laugh penetrates the dark night.

"Hyuk hyuk. Tomorrow's chaos will be beyond the control of even my best deputies. They'll leave town to find work in San Francisco, leaving the the town wide open for when you-know-who gets here."

McNeville speaks with some surprise in his voice. "What? He's coming HERE? Haha! That will be the ultimate! Have the Menendez brothers kidnap the mayor. Then force the other deputies to leave in exchange for the mayor's life. That way the town will be cleared out for when he gets here. Hmm, looks like its time for my 'appointment'. I'll see you tomorrow Shift."

"All right McNeville. Tomorrow, the day of the dead!"

You hear them both walk into the ladies house and close the door.

MADCAT
As the night goes on the gang finishes their gallows. You estimate there to be at least 20 of them, just on main street. You grow weary as the moon climbs higher into the sky, with no visible activity in the town of Coarsegold, the bandits also sleeping for the night.

CZAR
Despite the scream, you see nothing as you peer over the ledge. Listening you hear nothing. Seemingly, whoever it was vanished without a trace.

HOTEL (ANARCHARNATE, FISHBONE)
As the streets quiet down, the clocks chimes 11. It becomes obvious to you that Coarsegold is breathing its last, as even the noise from the saloon is relatively quiet.

--Mark Twain
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 18:27   #367
Mad cat

arthur shakes his head to clear out the tiredness a little, then stands up and heads down the hill to the town, he circles the town at about 100 meters so as not to be seen and comes up to the back of the hotel, he quietly enters with his gun ready just in case jose and his friends are planning something even though he hadn't seen any of them entering. he takes off his shoes and walks to the main hall, seeing the preist and mr.fishbone hanging around he puts his gun away and leaves his shoes at the front door checking to make sure it is locked

cant be to careful

arthur dusts off his suit and walks up to the two men

good evening mr.fishone, father

nods to each person in turn
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 18:48   #368
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

"Hello there- I'm afraid the Llewelyn's aren't here at the moment; they've just gone out for a walk. I'm sure they'll be back soon though." Father Simon walked back over to the sink where he had begun to heat the water for a coffee.
"If you'd like a cup..."
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 19:15   #369
Fishbone

Having finished polishing his guns, Fishbone placed them back in their holsters. Two in his belt holster, two in the shirt holster, and two in his jacket. The others were still in his room. He looked up and nodded at Arthur.

"Not keen on the front door?" he remarked, and grinned "Probably quite a good idea with those guys around. Where'd you go after the saloon? We got that Aces cheating, he's been carted off to jail."
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 20:22   #370
Mad cat

arthur raises an eyebrow at the bumber of guns tommy has but desides against asking, he smiles a little at the news of aces being caught and sits in one of the chairs

how did he do it?

he takes out his own guns and removes the empty casings, replacing them with new ones, he then takes them clompletely apart and starts cleaning each peice
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 20:31   #371
Darkling

His face turning grimly to Gwendolyn, his expression dark and faerfull.
"We better go and warn the major, whatever they plan on doing it will cost a lot of lives from the sound of it."
Finding his hands hold onto hers longer.
"Then we better get back to the inn and hope that everyone si there and finish borading the windows up"
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 02:09   #372
Fishbone

"Wooden hand" Tommy pointed to his left one "He had his normal hand under the table feeding cards into it. Pretty nifty layout. He tried to pull a derringer on me, but the pharmacist stopped him"

He noticed Arthur eyeing the small arsenal he had in his jacket "Heh, these aren't all mine. They're my old teammate's. They're all... gone now. " he felt a lump form in his throat, so decided not to continue. "Did you see the gallows outside?" he aimed at both Arthur and the priest.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 02:56   #373
Mad cat

notes tommy's hidden emotion

i see...

frowns at the question

yes, i did, i also ran into the quartet that seems to be just above it's builders, they would be the two who came running in yelling about a sniper
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 10:30   #374
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Looking over his shoulder from his ministrations, Father Simon grunted in the negative.
"What do you think is happening? Although, whatever it is, a rogue group of cowboys setting up gallows could be seen as slightly threatening; "threatening the local peace" as the sherrif is so fond of saying. Maybe we should have a word around, see if we could get something done ourselves. It's not like the sherrif's going to be of any help."
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 13:20   #375
Fishbone

Tommy nodded thoughtfully and sipped his hot coffee.

"We can't really do anything until they start to make a nuisance of themselves though."

He smiled back at Arthur "So you were the sniper eh? I thought it was Gaunt, as he had that nice rifle I'd noticed... So why was it you met four, but only two came a-running back?"
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:42   #376
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Gwendolyn exchanges glances with Rhys, her face still pale in fright, squeezing Rhys' hand tighter as she whispers.
"Maybe we can get help at the hotel.......I don't want to go to town alone........Do you think it's safe to move?"

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:59   #377
Mad cat

well, he was out at that point so i borrowed it, but he was up in that mine for some reason, and the teacher followed him, i happened to be in the swamp at the time and saw her go in so i started over, but, there were a couple guys hiding in the swamp and they obvously did not like the intrusion and somehow missed my presence, they went up to the mine and i folowed, they had caught both mr. gaunt and the teacher and i guess they were going to kill them, and being in my position i couldn't exactly get help so i took it upon myself to get them out of their predicament, i had a little talk with the four who happen to be mexican, but the most interesting fact is that they appear to be directly associated with that gang, and aces
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 20:50   #378
Darkling

Nodding silently in responce, Rhys taking Gwendolyns hand leaidng her slowly back to the inn. Making sure to avoid any open spaces and public sights, his eyes carfully glancigna round in a paranoid manner untill coming coming up to the abck door of the inn. Sighing relived and exhuasted somwhat from the whole ordeal Rhys taps at the locked door a few time.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 03:41   #379
Fishbone

"I see" Tommy listened to Arthur's recall of the events.

His head turned quickly to the rapping on the back door. He made sure Arthur checked it, and pulled a gun out of his jacket holster, holding it at head height. He unlatched the door, and opened it, letting whoever had knocked in. It was the landlords though, so he heaved a sigh of relief, uncocked his gun and placed it back in his jacket.

"Avoiding the gang out front as well are we?" he enquired to Rhys and his wife. "The priest here has just made some coffee, care to join us?"

Edit: Just noticed your post Darkling. By "the inn", do you mean the hotel, or the saloon/inn there? I just assumed you meant the back door of the hotel
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 12:00   #380
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc/ ofc he means the hotel. There is no reason for our characters to go to the saloon/inn./ooc

Gwendolyn's breathing quick and shaking with fear as she races to the kitchen table and takes and seat. Burying her face in her folded arms on the table, she begins crying uncontrollably. Her fear and relief of being back at the hotel overtaking her usually decorum.

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 14:09   #381
Darkling

Rhys wraps his hands around Gwendolyn, sighing heavly and looking at the others gathered around. His gaze glazed with a sad glare, letting one his arm slp from Gwendolyns shoulders to press his fist into the hard wooden table. Glaring hard at the otehrs.
"We have problems, this town is going tog et very busy soon. We overheard the abanker and the sheriff, it would appear they plan on kidnapping the mayor to force the deputys out of town. Then whoever their boss is is going to come into town and there going to be a lot of dead by then though I fear"
A dark void of fear drawing its shadow over his eyes.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:56   #382
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Father Simon turned heavily and rested his hands on the table.
"It's not like it's a surprise really, is it? Things have gotten insane these past few days" he said wearily "But is there anything we can do against the law, even if the law is against the legislature?"
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:46   #383
Darkling

"Well I dont have any ideas on taht yet, but we should warn the major somhow what is going to happen to him. Even if it at least puts some events into our favour, its a better chance than we will get if we dont"
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 13:05   #384
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

"Good point. Heaven send we find him then..."
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 13:10   #385
Fishbone

"Perhaps we should look after him too, to ensure they don't manage to kidnap him? We'd better go soon... we all going?"
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 17:31   #386
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

"Well i am" Father Simon stood upright. "Just let me get something from my room.." he continued, hurrying upstairs.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 17:57   #387
Darkling

"I am afraid not, somone has to look after the the place, besides I better finish boarding up the windows for when thigsn get a lot worst. I couldnt leave anyway right now ill not abandon my wife so easly when trouble is around"
Cradlign hs arms around Gwnedolyns shoulders, resuring her of his own precense as well as foricng him form thinking on the events full.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 19:10   #388
Czar

Making use of the darkness, Gaunt sneaks into town, around back of the buildings, and enters the hotel, just as they were discussing his fate.

"Yes... I suppose a Thank You is in order there... Now, has anyone got any kind of plan?"

ooc/ Sorry for the quick post, but my connection is kinda iffy.../ooc
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 19:23   #389
Mad cat

arthur finishes putting his guns back together and stands, looking weary

yes, we have to get the mayor in here as soon as possible, which means now, we also have to get lots of supplies, as this may very well become something like a seige, i would suggest we get the pharmacist in here as well

looks out into nothing

i dont think we'll be getting much sleep tonight, so mr gaunt you go get the mayor and keep it quiet, mr fishbone you go get the pharmacist and bring as much stuff as possible, i will go and raid whatever i can without causing a ruckus, which i will do at about two o-clock
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 21:26   #390
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ALL
As the grandfather clock chimes 12, all is quiet as everyone prepares for their respective duties. Suddenly, there is a lot of commotion outside, enough to wake the dead. Gunfire, horses neighing, and men imitating Indian war whoops as they ride up and down the street.

--Mark Twain
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 22:08   #391
Mad cat

looks out a crack in one of the boarded up windows

what in god's name?

studies the groups actions for a short time and then runs up to his room taking the stairs three at a time, when he reaches his room he unlocks the door and gets his rifle and some ammunition, he then moves to the window and opens it, peering down he watches the group and loads his gun
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 02:10   #392
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Through the window you see that the gang has tied up the mayor and is carrying him away on a horse. Most of Coarsegold is also looking out their windows. The gang has the mayor tied up. One of the gang members, obviously drunk, gets up on the gallows and yells loud enough for the whole town to hear.

"Attention........uh.....everyone! The dear old mayor is going to spend the night with us so he'll be ready for his speech tomorrow. As of right now, yer all under curfew. Anyone in the street before 8 am tomorrow will be shot dead. At 9, the mayor will give you all a good talkin to."

He fires a couple shots into the air and climbs down.

--Mark Twain
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 02:41   #393
Mad cat

arthur glares balefully at the man and wonders about shooting him right then and there, he decided against it and instead cupped his hands around his mouth

SAYS WHO? AND WHAT AUTHORITY GIVES YOU THE POWER TO DO THIS?
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 03:04   #394
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The man stops and looks toward the hotel. He yells back at you.

"BECAUSE IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS, YOUR PRECIOUS MAYOR WILL GET TO PLEAD YOUR CASE BEFORE GOD HIMSELF!"

He symbolically moves his finger across his throat.

--Mark Twain
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 03:06   #395
Mad cat

Yeah? And Whats The Sherrif Have To Say About This? Or Is He In On This Little Scheme To?
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 15:26   #396
Fishbone

Tommy scratched his chin and turned to the hotel owners "I don't suppose either of you have any horses we could borrow do you? A couple of us might be able to follow those bandits slowly and find out where they've taken the mayor"

He looked at Gaunt and Arthur "Either of you got a horse?"
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 15:38   #397
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Let us just leave it that the Sheriff and his deputies are all "indisposed" at the moment, I believe we will be watching your hotel verrrrrry closely tonight. You all seem like a bunch of trouble."

--Mark Twain
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 16:23   #398
Darkling

Rhys nodidng his head in an anoyed maner, this whole scenario has become twisted
"Right now we are proable being watched very carfully, wait till it gets dark so you have a better chance of going out unseen. In the meantime there is very little we can do other tahn gather what information we can."
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 17:08   #399
Mad cat

laughs out loud at the man and yells in a slightly mocking tone

HA! IN YOUR STATE, YOU COULDNT WATCH A SLEEPING COW YOU WERE SITTING ON!
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 17:12   #400
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The man staggers down again from the gallows. "I jest realized its already passed midnight. I'm gonna need my beauty sleep before mornin. Ya'll better do the same."

He dissapears into the crowd, finding his way to wherever he will stay by the moonlight.

--Mark Twain