Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 31 May 2004, 16:04   #301
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road
Re: The Wild West

ALL (TUESDAY EVENING)
The sun begins to sink below the horizon as men from the cattle drive ride their horses closer to town.

HOTEL (D&D, ANARCHARNATE)
Sadie jumps up at the mention of people watching the inn. "They must be some of the Menendez's men....I was afraid they'd get suspicious.....I've got to go...quickly. Remember, the Sheriff and Banker will be outside at 6....no wait! Sorry, thats what time the house opens. They get there after it gets dark, which would be about 8. If you can, head down there and see if you can pick up some of their conversation or something. Fare well."

She heads out the back door, pulling a hood over her head as she goes.

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 31 May 2004 at 16:18.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:13   #302
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Realizing what Rhys just said she glances out the bank doorway looking for the two men before waving for Sadie to make her escape. Fear mixed with determination as she doesn't want to let their home and livelyhood be lost. Still shaken however she shuts the door quickly and locks it and slips upstairs to find Rhys following the pounding. Entering the room he's in, she places her hand on his shoulder lightly.

"Men? I didn't see them? Were they the ones Sadie described? Do you think we should warn our guests?"

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:21   #303
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Knocking some wood to cover the open window, stops as he feels Gwendolyns presence.
"Im not sure but I didnt reconise them from around here, and they seem rather intent and keeping their gaze across here. Im sure our guests have some idea of whats going on anyway, they reacted rather odly to the news of the water tower erlier."
Turing around to take Gwendolyn's hand in his own
"We may have to find out what happening around here ourself's"
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:35   #304
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

Father Simon opened the door to his room gently, and walked in. He placed his crucifix on the table next to the window and looked out as he heard the sound of hammering start up.
Even though the room was at the back, the waiting men were visible round the corner; Simon did not know what to make of them, but he made sure that his razor was close to hand as he lay down on the bed, not even bothering to remove his borrowed clothes in his tiredness.
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:10   #305
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- darn my indecisivness cant quite decide how to do this-ooc

walks up silently behind the two men and places his guns on the back of their heads

hola señors, i believe you have a serious breech in security, now, i have some questions for you, and if they are not answered to my satisfaction your heads will experience a sudden rise in their lead content
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:29   #306
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

HOTEL
A group of men ride into town as the light dims. They head to the local lumber yard, and after some commotion, leave with a large stockpile of wood. They take it to the front of the courthouse where they begin construction on something.

MADCAT
One of the men who has a gun to his head nervously stammers to the obvious leader. "Jose....I think dis vato is serious."

Jose, keeping Pinnelope in a head lock, points the gun from her head to you, keeping her in front of him. "Senor, it seems you have my brothers a bit nervous si? What questions you have before I kill you?"

The man with the rope in hand turns to watch what is going on. Quickly, Jose lashes at him. "Jorge, you inutil! Watch de undertaker. If he moves, take him under you know what I mean?" Looking back at you, Jose continues, "Senor we have things to do, make it quick eh?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:57   #307
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

*speaks spanish* well first of all i would like to know if you are associated with a man called aces

shifts his position so that one of the two men is between him and jose
Unread 31 May 2004, 18:00   #308
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Aces? No conocemos un vato con este nombre. Lo que quiero saber yo es, quien es usted?"

Translation for those who need it: "Aces? We don't know any dude with this name. What I want to know is, who are you?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 31 May 2004, 18:21   #309
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Rhys catches sigh of somthing being built outside the courthouse.
"Though it would appear that there are some events already taking place"
Letting go of Gwndoylns hand to finish baording up the windows.
Unread 31 May 2004, 19:32   #310
Mad cat

*continues in spanish* really?, i do not believe that you need to know who i am, but what i am seeing here is that you four are about to murder at least one innocent person, the others innocence i cannot speak for, but i am in a position where i would probably have to be eliminated to keep you safe. no?
Unread 31 May 2004, 20:07   #311
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MADCAT
"Well Mr. Hero, we need to know who you are in case you are also on our list you know? As for our disposing of these idiotas, it is no concern of yours, they are guilty of messing with the boss' plans, and we have to take care of them."

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 00:17   #312
Mad cat

frowns at being called mr hero, and continues to speak in spanish

how interesting, from what i am hearing it would appear that you are connected to aces and the, uh, future use of this town. what is that use jose?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 04:54   #313
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Listen, I don't know dis Aces man. As for the town, it is buisiness. De boss want it. Why? I dunno. To me, it looks like a forsaken wasteland you know? But the boss pays us well to get rid of the people who stand in the way of what the boss wants. Correct me if I am wrong, but you also helped to put out that fire last night did you not? And that being the case..........I am afraid we can not let you live."

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 05:16   #314
Mad cat

using the man in front of him as a shield arthur transfers his aim of the gun in his left hand to jose, and moves the gun trianed on his sheild to the other, and speaks in english

ahh but see you can, because i have the guns, one with your brain as a target, and i have the tactical advantage
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:34   #315
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

HOTEL
The old grandfather clock chimes seven, signifying that the ladies house has been open for a bout an hour and that, if Sadie was telling the truth, The Sheriff and the Banker will be making their usual rendevouz shortly.

MADCAT
"Ok then caballero, what do you propose we do? You see we have a job to do, and you obviously are not wanting us to do our job. You see we are getting paid a lot of money for this. Now one thing you have not thought of. The rest of our amigos should already be riding into Coarsegold right now. If we are not there to guide them, who knows what kind of trouble they will get into you know? So maybe it is we who have the advantage here and not you."

Jose moves his head more behind Pinnelope's, still keeping an eye on you and his gun pointed in your direction, seemingly waiting for a clear shot.

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:43   #316
Mad cat

what a pathetic attempt, you cannot possibly expect me to believe that, let alone do anything about it

arthur line up the pistol in his left hand so that the shot will hit jose's gun

enough of this charade

pulls the trigger of th gun in his right hand putting the bullet into the head of the guy to the side, then before the man falls he flicks his wrist and fires another shot into the head of the man with the rope, arthur looks down his other gun to make sure the aim is true and fires, sending the gun flying from jose's hand
now the odds are very definately against you jose, you can give up now, or die
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 18:47   #317
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

-ooc- Sorry Zorro, been a bit busy with revision and forgot about this. This is my favourite RP thread btw - you're a good DM -ooc-

Tommy sat down at the table with the two men and shuffled the pack as best he could. He invited both men to cut it also, and looked across.

"We're agreeing that the stakes are the Pharmacy from Mr.Spicer, and all deeds in Coarsegold from Mr.Aces? Good"

He dealt the first hand, watching Aces closely as he did so. Any slight movement out of the ordinary, any strange behaviour, and he'd jump on it. He barely looked at Alec while they started.
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 19:48   #318
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

FISHBONE
ooc/ thanks, good to know people are enjoying the thread /ooc

As you deal the cards to Aces, you realizes he is probably the only person in the saloon wearing gloves. Aces takes all his cards with his left hand and places them neatly into his right. Since the bets have already been placed, the game proceeds directly to the card swapping phase. Alec gives you two cards, and Aces gives you 3. Keeping your eye on Aces as you feel for the new cards, you catch something move quickly from the center of Aces body up to his left hand (which is holding his cards). His left hand stays close to the table for most part. Alec glances over at you, somewhat nervously......"Well, I guess this is it."

Aces chuckles "Guess so. Just so you all know, after I win this here pharmacy I'll be leavin town, I've got some other buisiness to attend to in other places." Aces moves his cards back down towards the table and you catch another glimpse of what appears to be a hand feeding cards into his left. Then it hits you. Aces left hand has been in the same exact position throughout the whole game. His hand stays clenched just enough to hold the cards, but his fingers and wrist never move.

MADCAT
You effortlessly dispatch the man closest you've been holding a gun to, as well as the one holding the rope. Unfortunately, as the man holding the rope is shot, he falls down with the rope to trigger the trap, but not before Gaunt has a moment to run. He avoids the majority of the falling rocks but one of them hits him over the head and renders him unconcious (that'll teach him to go on vacation!).

As you are shooting the gun out of Jose's hand, the 4th bandit gives you a groin kick, knocks your guns out of your hands, and he shouts to Jose "Hermano! Let's go NOW!" Jose pushes Ms. Prim down and away from him as he runs yelling to you, "You haven't seen the last of the Menendez brothers! Believe me, you will all pay for dis tomorrow! Our gang is already in town! Tomorrow you will all pay!"

EDIT:
DM's Note---Since Czar (Guant) will be on vacation, he will be unconcious until he posts again, after which he will either be minorly DMed or most likely lose conciousness again, depending on the situation, until his vacation is over. Hopefully he won't become a quadriplegic

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 1 Jun 2004 at 23:44.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 19:59   #319
Mad cat

falls to the floor and calls to the retreating two men

youd best get your souls cleaned up, for you will not live to see another sunrise!

after a moment arthur gets up and gathers his weapons and gaunts rifle then runs to the entrance of the cave, he drops to one knee and looks out to the swamp, searching for the two fugitives or movement suggesting their whereabouts
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 20:02   #320
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
The sun having already gone down, it is hard to tell where the 2 men went. You hear some rustling around, but realize before firing you are less than a couple hundred yards from main street as well. You then see 2 shadowy figures emerge from the wooded swamp and continue running down Main St, at which time you hear Ms. Prim call out to you. "Sir! I think Mr. Gaunt needs some attention! Where are you?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 20:07   #321
Mad cat

arthur locks onto the two figures and brings the rifle to bear, he lines up the crosshairs with one of the mens head and fires, he quickly reloads and fires at the other mans neck due to being distracted by the womans voice

im out here

checks on the state of the two men with the rifles scope
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 20:16   #322
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
Unfortunately, the men were running in such a sporadic motion that the only thing you accomplish is scaring the living day lights out of the other people walking down mainstreet who quickly take cover in the alley ways. The 2 spanish men yell loudly "EVERYBODY HIDE! THERE'S A SNIPER IN THE SWAMP!" As the townsfolk run screaming in all directions, a deputy sheriff runs out of the station and tries to calm everyone down and get them to safety.

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:08   #323
Mad cat

frowns and mutters under his breath

damn!

arthur stands and lowers the weapon, he turns to the teacher and walks foreward

ok, lets have a look at him

he moves past the woman and comes up to mr. gaunt, he pokes him with the toe of his boot

you awake?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:43   #324
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

(Due to the "edit" on post 318)

Gaunt does not respond, but a circulation check reveals he IS breathing and he does have a pulse. Ms. Prim smiles at you. "Thank you sir for so gallantly coming to rescue us. I don't think we've been properly introduced. My name is Pinnelope Prim. I'm the school teacher in Coarsegold. I came to warn Mr. Gaunt of the danger here when I saw him walk by. I'm sure they've got terrible things planned for tomorrow. It scares me to think of the things we might see."

--Mark Twain
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 04:53   #325
Mad cat

i wouldnt worry too much, people here seem pretty resiliant, oh im sorry uhh, is it miss mrs or misses? anyway im arthur, nice to meet you

takes hold of her left hand and kisses it lightly

well, i think we should get out of here, those two will be trying to stir up some trouble

grabs a small flask from his pocket and takes a swallow, then splashes some on mr. gaunt's face

get up you

frowns when the man makes absolutly no responce

it looks like ill have to carry him, or... hmm

arthur quickly searches mr.gaunt for waepons and removes them all including jose's, pocketing them he drags the unconsious man to the entrance of the cave and leaves him there with the flask, then looks at the teacher

you get back to town, make up some story... oh wait, never mind, we should try to get as high as we can, and dont worry about him the

walks out of the cave and begins climbing the hill

Last edited by Mad cat; 2 Jun 2004 at 05:01.
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 04:59   #326
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Ms. Prim gives you her ringless hand as you kiss it. "Why what a gentleman you are! Brave and strong enough to get rid of those scoundrels, and yet very well mannered!"

Leaving Gaunt in the relative protective safety of the cave, you ascend to the top of the mine. Looking towards the town you see only a lone deputy making his way into the swamp. The rest of main street has gone quiet once again.

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 2 Jun 2004 at 05:11.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 05:02   #327
Mad cat

ooc- i just made an edit, or should i go with this dm-ooc

Last edited by Mad cat; 2 Jun 2004 at 05:11.
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 05:11   #328
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc--DM post edited accordingly --ooc

--Mark Twain
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 05:17   #329
Mad cat

why thank you, i try

smiles a little at the thought of the sherrif sending only one deputy to deal with this

not terribly bright, oh well... i guess ill just be staying here for the majority of the night

lies down on his belly and watches the town intently for any signs of trouble, but still keeping tabs on the deputy so that he isnt surprised
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 07:36   #330
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Novalis sat up with a start. Even before his eyes had a chance to adjust to the darkened, but still relatively light, room his hand flicked purposefully forward. The razor was overweighted by it's heavy handle and span lazily as it crossed the room to lodge in the door frame. Gunshots and screams rang in his ears, and all he could see was that malevolent face hanging before his eyes, a gratified smirk on his lips.
Father Simon breathed heavily, trying to focus on what had just happened. It was still only dusk; he was in a room at the inn- he had had a nightmare. Then why could he still hear the screams? Launching himself from the bed, Father Simon gritted his teeth against the protestations of his torn body and braced his hands against the windowframe; through the haze of tears brought on by a renewed coughing fit he could see the panic of the crowd on main street.
Suddenly, like a punch in the gut, the memory of where he had seen the face in his nightmare hit him. Why should he dream of Kenny the Kid of all people? Dismissing this, he lurched downstairs to see if anyone knew what was happening.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 20:22   #331
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Gwendolyn silently watches Rhys board up the windows, following him from room to room, unsure of what to say. Knowing she should probably comfort him but still so worked up herself she felt at a loss. Her thoughts being broken by the faint sound of chimes of seven in the evening. Moving toward Rhys once more she touches the hand he has the hammer in. stopping him. Catching his eyes she speaks.

"It's seven......"

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 20:37   #332
Darkling

Hearing the chime of the old clock, letting out a drawn out slouching sigh.
"We better tell the priest we are going out tahts if you want to come you know I dont want to put you into danger but its up to you ultimatly?"
Rhys takes Gwendolyns hand knowing how strong willed she could be yet fragile just like everyone else in their hearts.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 21:01   #333
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Gwendolyn sighs herself finding a little strength inside of her. Squeezing Rhys hand, she looks seriously into his eyes.

"I know you worry but this is both our problem. It might be easiler to look less suspicious if we're together as well. Come."

She turns and heads out into the hall and down the stairs, her hand still in Rhys as she looks around for they priest.

Unread 2 Jun 2004, 21:14   #334
Darkling

Following Gwendolyn silently, feeling a darkness reside within him born of fear and doubt. Finding some hope in the fact the she would always be by his own side, hope was is like that taking just the faintets spark to re-kindel it.
Coming aross the priest shortly after arriving down the stairs.
"Father we are just going out to fin out more about what is hapening in the town, if we go togethor will look like we are having a walk. I know its a ot to ask but can you look after the inn for us whilst we are gone?"
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 05:32   #335
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
From your perch you watch the deputy search for a while and finally come upon Gaunt. "Well if it isn't the undertaker. Looks like you've had a bit to drink." He picks up the flask. "My guess is you were out hunting, got drunk, took some bad shots, and passed out." Talking more to himself than Gaunt, he goes on. "I guess I could take you in, but what's the point really? At the rate this town is shrivling up there won't be anyone left in a few days anyway. Besides........my guess is we'll need all the space we can get for those hooligans who've come into town. Who knows WHAT they're building. Well Mr. Gaunt, you just keep on sleeping. Being the upstanding citizen you've been thus far, I'll just say I didn't find anything, if anyone asks. Have a good night." He turns and begins to walk away. Surveying the town, you note that a group of cowboys is constructing something in the middle of main street, and that a lot of commotion seems to be coming from the saloon.

HOTEL
Carry on, carry on

--Mark Twain
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 12:47   #336
Fishbone

Tommy's eyes glinted for a second, as he got a slight surge of adrenaline from realising what Aces had done. Now how best to deal with it? He could try for something sly, or he could just declare the guy an out-and-out cheater.

"Mr.Aces, Mr.Spicer. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you both to put your hands on the table, as this is a null round." He glared at Aces, making sure he knew not to try to get rid of his newly acquired cards. "If you could place your hands face up on the table please?"

Tommy looked at the two hands. Aces would have won easily. He dealt the dealer's pack onto the table deftly, face up. As he came to a card that Aces appeared to also have, he put it to one side. He did this two more times.

"Well Mr.Aces, what have we here? Seems you haven't been playing entirely fairly. I suggest you forfeit the game, and give Mr.Spicer here his dues - that is, the deeds of all properties you have stolen off other upstanding members of this community!" Tommy raised his voice slightly towards the end, watching Aces' expression change as angry townsfolk gathered closer around the table.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 17:15   #337
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

FISHBONE
Alec speaks loud enough for everyone to hear. "He's right! You're cheating! That's a fake left hand!"
Aces sighs as his real left hand comes up from under the table, holding a derringer.

"Well now, it looks as though it's time for me to make my exit now don't you think?" Pointing the gun at you he sneers. "I would have won if you hadn't been snooping in around in whats not yer own buisiness. Let this be the end!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:34   #338
Mad cat

arthur sighs, feeling a little relieved that the deputy wouldnt continue his search, now he could turn his full attention on what was going on in town, he puts his eye to the scope and looks at the contraption in the road

hmm, thats probably jose's gang, i wonder what their building...

arthur studies the object for a minute and slowly scans down to the saloon and smiles a little

a guess aces is playing

moves back to the gang and continues to study their actions
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:56   #339
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Still slightly disorientated, Father Simon nodded.
"Happily. You don't mind if i make myself a coffee do you?"
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:01   #340
Darkling

"Make yourself at home, there is some coffee put away in the cupbaords its not sued much so there should be plenty there. We should not be gne for long father, I suggets you lock the door behind us"
Still holding Gwendolyn's hand heads into the kitchen to unclip the bolt on the bak door, taking a carefull glance watching for anyone outside, ushering Gwendolyn to follow shortly after.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:32   #341
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Locking the door behind them, Father Simon hesitated before making the coffee, and decided to look around to see who else had been staying in the inn...
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 23:23   #342
Fishbone

Tommy glanced at the barrel of the gun, and gritted his teeth slightly. Why hadn't he been prepared for that? If he was standing up, he could probably have drawn his gun and shot Aces, even if it wouldn't have been a fatal blow. As it was, he was sitting, and his hands were still on the table from dealing cards. He smiled slightly at Aces.

"Come on now Sir... Look how many townsfolk are here. They're aggravated enough with you cheating, let alone you shooting somebody as well! If you shoot me, you won't get out of here alive. I suggest you do the sensible thing and put that gun away, then walk out that door and never return to this town. That way we all go back to the way it was before, and you can get out of here with your life"

Tommy hoped Aces would listen to him. It seemed a stupid thing to do, to pull a gun on someone in a public place where you were unpopular enough already. He wished somebody could have backed him up here. The pharmacist seemed to be in as much shock as he did though, and the rest of the crowd were behind Tommy so he couldn't see if they were armed.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 02:10   #343
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

FISHBONE
Aces snickers. "Well, that was a nice speech there sonny, but I think making an example of you will be the best way to make sure the rest of these folk clear out of my way. Say goodbye....."

As he aims, Alec leaps to his feet and overturns the table on to Aces. Aces falls to the ground and fires a shot in the process. Luckily, the bullet only hits the ceiling, sending bits and pieces back down to the ground. Alec walks over to him as Aces aims the gun and fires. This time Alec is the one chuckling. "Darn those one shot derringers, they just don't seem to get the job done do they? Sheriff, I think this is your call here."

The Sheriff grunts as he gets up from the bar. 2 spanish men run in and whisper something to him as he gets up. Turning to one of his deputies, the Sheriff gives him the order. "James........lock him up. I've got buisiness to attend to." As the Sheriff walks out the double doors, he gives Aces the evil eye. "You fool. You deserve to be caught. Incompetent, cheap, good for nothing.........." he continues muttering as he leaves.

MAD CAT
As the night goes on, you see the Sheriff storm out of the saloon as the townsfolk cheer loudly. Continuing to watch the gang, it appears as if they are building makeshift gallows.........

--Mark Twain
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 03:39   #344
Mad cat

my god...who are they planning to hang?

watches the sherrif, and frowns

what is he doing in with those guys?

lines up his crosshairs on the gangs leader and gets ready to fire, if things go bad
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:53   #345
Fishbone

Tommy stood up as Alec jumped across, and watched the shot go into the ceiling. He breathed a quiet sigh of relief. He wasn't used to this one on one stuff - he'd always had someone covering his back while he covered their's in his team...

He walked over to Alec and helped him to his feet, grinning widely.

"Seems you saved my life partner... Thanks. How about a drink to celebrate that no-good Aces being carted off to jail?" he spoke loudly, making sure Aces could hear as he was escorted out of the front door.

Something was bothering Tommy though. He heard what the Sheriff had said, and it sounded more as if he was disappointed about Aces losing, than happy...
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 18:19   #346
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Slipping out the back door, never loosing Rhys hand in hers, that feeling a comfort in the danger they were about to put themselves in. Her heart racing as they slip unseen by any out front behind buildings toward the "ladies house". Stopping nearby she looks around for a good place to listen from if what Sadie said was right. it would be difficult.

Unread 4 Jun 2004, 19:43   #347
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MADCAT
You watch the as Sheriff and the Banker meet up in the middle of the street, then head towards the ladies house. Turning back to the gang, it becomes painstakingly obvious that it is indeed a gallows. In fact, they seem to be testing it out with bags of flour. Professionals they aren't, as you watch the bag get stuck time after time. You realize that if they do hang someone in those gallows, the poor soul would die by asphyxiation rather than from a broken neck.

FISHBONE
"Thank you Tommy, but I think I've had enough to drink for a while. Even though Aces may now be behind bars.........I have this ominous feeling that we've only seen the beginning. First the fire, then a riverboat gambler, now a gang comes riding into town. I doubt they're only here for the night."

Handing the deeds back to the grateful townsfolk he looks at you. "If you're planning on sticking around town to find out what's going on, make sure you're ready for anything!"

ANARCHARNATE
As the hotel owners leave, you see there are a few other people staying in some of the rooms. You don't have much time to look around as soon there is a loud thump at the door.

D&D
As you head towards the ladies house you notice that there are some rather large bushes that line the side of the house that would be easy to hide in. Some comotion can be heard up the street. Turning to look you see the Sheriff and Banker yelling at someone who has just been thrown into your hotel door. The man gets up and dusts himself off, says something, and stands there as the Sheriff and banker start heading down the street towards the ladies house.

--Mark Twain
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:13   #348
Fishbone

Tommy smiled and readjusted his jacket.

"A gang?" looking out of the window he raised an eyebrow "Oh... strange. Wonder what they're up to?"

He took a last drink, checked his guns were loaded and available to grab quickly, and walked out of the saloon door. He sauntered towards the gallows and leaned against a post opposite, watching them thoughtfully.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 23:22   #349
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Walking carefully downstairs, Father Simon flicked out the blade of his straight razor. It was probably just foolishness, but....
Better not to take chances.
He strode across to the door, and, carefully unlocking it, looked out.
"Can i be of any assistance?"
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 04:30   #350
Mad cat

arthur looks a little bit bemused

those ametures, they'll prove to be easy prey, if this is any indication

looks back at the saloon and sees fishbone walking out

dont do something stupid, but i got you covered

zooms the scope in as far as it goes, and watches the gangsters for any indication of them moving towards thier guns