User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Dec 2005, 02:09   #1
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold
Interesting and bizarre superstitions and oddball habits

My friend Lynsay cant go to bed without checking every single tap in the flat isnt dripping, even the slightest.

My friend Gordon refuses point blank to wank on Christmas day (he wanks about 3 times a day every other day) because he considers it sick and wrong to defile the "family holiday". Hes not a christian.

I have a very old poster up in my room of a semi naked woman which i have decreed i will not remove until the entire rest of my room is tidy. There are no other naked woman photos around, i just decided a long time ago that it should be the symbolic "last thing to go"
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 09:08   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Interesting and bizarre superstitions and oddball habits

The first is OCD, ask horn about it.

As for superstition, I'm superstitious about driving. Call me weird but I never drive anywhere without putting the keys in the ignition first.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 12:43   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

for some reason i still do the two/three-drain thing

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 13:42   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never eat a burger before going to watch pompey at fratton park.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 15:04   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never walk under ladders or signs.
I always do the cross over my chest when I see a hurse.
I always touch wood.

I do many other things, half out of habit, half out of superstiction.

Btw have we not done this before, im gettin extreme deja vu especially when lokken mentioned the old pompey and burger thing
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 15:12   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I always touch wood.
What kind of wood?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 16:15   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Btw have we not done this before, im gettin extreme deja vu especially when lokken mentioned the old pompey and burger thing
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...&highlight=ocd

yeah, as i said, i used to have a mild form of OCD where i'd evolved lots of rituals in order to ward off 'panic attacks'. But that was last year and its pretty much gone now (hurrah for self-diagnosis and cure)
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 16:47   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
The first is OCD, ask horn about it.
It isn't really OCD unless she physically CANNOT go to bed with out it (panic attacks etc, as nod said).

It could be classed as a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder though, I guess.

I don't think I have any superstitions etc.

I often "play it safe" though and touch wood if I say it, and don't like to jinx myself. Better safe than sorry, really.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 17:53   #9
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I rehearse elaborate arguments in my head.
I sometimes do that myself...

Not that superstitous (occasionally I try to avoid the number 13, but other than that, not really)
Oddball habits...heck yes.

And as for the original post- wanks three times a day, most days...dang.
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 19:07   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I rehearse elaborate arguments in my head.
Doesnt everyone do that? How else can you think about complicated topics?
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 03:25   #11
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

In a kind of reversal of T&F's, I have a habit of going over conversations I've just had, to try and think if there's anything I could have said better, or whatever...

...as if there's some way of changing it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 11:16   #12
Charjerk

Charjerk is infamous around these parts

I mostly think about how the world would evolve into communism, which is unfortunately about everything really.
Charjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 11:59   #13
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

when i play some footballgame on the SNES i always press start twice before the ref blows his whistle.
there are more things i always do twice, like turning off the lights before i go to bed, touch the keys in my pocket etc.

i thought this was just me being weird. but now i read you all do things like this. how bizarre. :|
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 12:17   #14
Charjerk

The thing that conscious existence needs more than anything is security. But as the world goes from crisis to crisis the individual is compelled to refer to extraordinary methods to be able to place himself back in the safe mental sphere that he is used to. For the crisis works against the ontological security.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 12:21   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A lot of people (apparently - I do at least) go over future and past converstations, to try and improve them / work out how to put them best. Converstations aren't the only thing though - imagining how things will go and remembering how things have gone in general is "human", as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
for some reason i still do the two/three-drain thing
What?

I don't really have any oddball habits / superstitions (that I consider such). I'm just a bit eccentric sometimes
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 12:35   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
What?
Walking over one drain is bad
Walking over two drains is good
Walking over three drains is Very bad

Or some variation.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 12:48   #17
Charjerk

Quote:
A lot of people (apparently - I do at least) go over future and past converstations, to try and improve them / work out how to put them best. Converstations aren't the only thing though - imagining how things will go and remembering how things have gone in general is "human", as far as I know.
I am not sure. I do not think most people go over conversations consciously, they do not try to improve them. It must depend on education, openness to change, ability to take things on board etc. I think what people do firstly is try to prove their own stubborn / persistent thoughts/ attitudes. Seeking improvement requires people to accept their mistakes. I am not sure if every individual is open to that, at least immediately.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 12:51   #18
Charjerk

Quote:
There's almost certainly an easier and better way of saying that.
I am sure about that. I do not find it easy to articulate comprehensive ideas in English. I am from a far eastern country.

Will you tell me.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 13:39   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Walking over one drain is bad
Walking over two drains is good
Walking over three drains is Very bad

Or some variation.
WHAT? who made that up???
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 14:20   #20
Ste
Bored

Quote:
WHAT? who made that up???
no idea.
I thought it stemmed from BMXers or Skateboarders at school.
But then I found loads of other people at uni etc did it too...

Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:25   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I try and avoid using words like ontological unnecessarily because I'm worried about appearing like a huge homosexual.

I don't think I have any weird superstitions or anything. The closest thing I can think of is that I never play a big poker tournament without having enough chewing gum of a specific variety, the light blue and white extra things, to get me through it (which usually equates to four or five sticks). But that's more because chewing gum helps regulate my breathing and such and that particular brand of gum doesn't lose its taste really quickly.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:01   #22
Charjerk

Quote:
All you really said was that people have certain habits in response to a chaotic world. Well that's kind of a trusim given the thread title. So you might read Marx because it makes you feel better, but that's not the only reason you read Marx presumably. So the more interesting question is, what individualises superstition and what makes propagates certain superstitions and habits?
I am not sure that the title is implying a connection between psychological aspect and environmental aspect of life. I believe it was particularly important to draw attention to this connection because beliefs and habits are socially embedded. In case of the theorisation of individual supersition, the point of departure cannot be the individual psychology itself. I read Marx precisely because I want to find out the best methodology for analysis. (In this case I am applying Marx's explanation about his methodology in the Grundrisse) Indivudual habits ect in this case, Marx teaches us, independent of the fact that they differ in type and intensity, are the common denominator of an overall social spychological make-up/zeitgeist. In fact even that would be a bit of a crude approach, for as you mention it is possible to continue to uncover one by one the other leafs underneath the supestitions. My previous analysis only referred to the underlying structure of superstition. It is of course possible to talk about the individual basis of each superstition
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:04   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charjerk
I read Marx precisely because I want to find out the best methodology for analysis.
That's really interesting because I read karl marx because of the derth of good stand-up comedians across the western world in the past ten years.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:08   #24
Charjerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
That's really interesting because I read karl marx because of the derth of good stand-up comedians across the western world in the past ten years.
I hope I understood this right.

It is probably a keenness on scorning one of the best historical non-dogmatic figures that makes one appear as a big homosexual. Not the scientific concept of ontology.

Not that anything is wrong with homosexuality.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:20   #25
Charjerk

Quote:
As thread title implied. Its a more interesting discursive question than just why do people have habits. In fact John Dewey talks at great length about habit and its problems in society, but that is not really pertinent. Not all threads require a Marxist commentary.
I understand . But it was you who mention ed the example of Marx in the first place. It is natural to take issue with something that one knows best.

On the other hand, I come with what I am, I talk and analyse as I am. I do not know any other commentary.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:25   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I hope I understood this right.

It is probably a keenness on scorning one of the best historical non-dogmatic figures that makes one appear as a big homosexual. Not the scientific concept of ontology.

Not that anything is wrong with homosexuality.

Ontology is a philosopical concept dude. And did you just describe marx as non-dogmatic?
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:26   #27
Charjerk

Quote:
Ontology is a philosopical concept dude. And did you just describe marx as non-dogmatic?
Exactly, absolutely, precisely non-dogmatic. YES!
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:28   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, absolutely, precisely non-dogmatic. YES!
"Characterized by an authoritative, arrogant assertion of unproved or unprovable principles."

Genuinely laughing out loud.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:29   #29
Charjerk

I see. I will try. Thank you for warning me.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:37   #30
Charjerk

Quote:
"Characterized by an authoritative, arrogant assertion of unproved or unprovable principles."

Genuinely laughing out loud.
I am not going to argue with you. There is no point. But try to read please. I am not authoritarian, I hate it, taht's why I am here.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:42   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I am not going to argue with you. There is no point. But try to read please. I am not authoritarian, I hate it, taht's why I am here.
I wasn't talking about you dude. I quite like you. I was talking about your friend and mine, karl heinrich.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:43   #32
Charjerk

[quote=JonnyBGood]Ontology is a philosopical concept dude.

I did my PHD in Philosophy well, in imy country. I just made a mistake.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:44   #33
Charjerk

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you dude. I quite like you. I was talking about your friend and mine, karl heinrich.
Thank you.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:47   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

I did my PHD in Philosophy well, in imy country. I just made a mistake.
I did my phd in being fantastic. And don't worry about mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Phil Hellmuth once bet 100 grand against barry greenstein that a,k offsuit was a favourite over a,k suited.

As a matter of interest, what is your country?
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:49   #35
Charjerk

I am from Vietnam.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 17:53   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I am from Vietnam.
Ah the dislocated Voice of Vietnam. How delightful.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:22   #37
Charjerk

Quote:
Well read but not clever.

You are a liar my friend.

Sod off.
Why are you talking to me like that. I dont understand.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:25   #38
Charjerk

Quote:
Well read but not clever.

You are a liar my friend.

Sod off.
My name is Can,h.

I was born in Hoa Binh province of Vietnam, studied at Can Tho University. School of Marx-Lenin & Ho Chi Minh's Ideology. I have no reason to lie. You are rude.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:27   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
My name is Can,h.

I was born in Hoa Binh province of Vietnam, studied at Can Tho University. School of Marx-Lenin & Ho Chi Minh's Ideology. I have no reason to lie. You are rude.
What are you doing now?
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:29   #40
Charjerk

Quote:
I would wager that you are no more from Vietnam than I am.
It is good to be sceptical, but not paranoiac.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:43   #41
Charjerk

Quote:
What are you doing now?
To work and improve English.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:47   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
To work and improve English.
That's a job? Man you communists are :crazay:
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:53   #43
Charjerk

Quote:
That's a job? Man you communists are :crazay:
What's wrong with western guys. I never been accused of such strange things in my life. I was just looking to talk to progressive people. I belong to the whole world and I am a proletarian. Not a communist. I dont believe in that word.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:55   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
What's wrong with western guys. I never been accused of such strange things in my life. I was just looking to talk to progressive people. I belong to the whole world and I am a proletarian. Not a communist. I dont believe in that word.

Cool, which bit of you do I have then? Have you ever left vietnam? Just wondering like.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 18:59   #45
Charjerk

Quote:
Cool, which bit of you do I have then? Have you ever left vietnam? Just wondering like.
I do not understand the first question. I came to England for work and language. I am disppointed.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 19:02   #46
Nodrog

I think T&F is just feeling a bit threatened because you have the potential to replace him as the resident GD loony.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 19:02   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I do not understand the first question. I came to England for work and language. I am disppointed.
Well if you belong to the whole world I'd like to know which bit of you I'm getting or if it's not working like that because private property sucks then how can I take part in a vote on what to do with specific bits of you. Are you disappointed with the language or the work in England? Also what's 'ontological' in vietnamese?
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 19:05   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I think T&F is just feeling a bit threatened because you have the potential to replace him as the resident GD loony.
Not a chance dude. Charjerk (what's the name from by the way?) has not yet described any bizzare fetishes for dressing up as a french maid.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 19:09   #49
Charjerk

Quote:
Well if you belong to the whole world I'd like to know which bit of you I'm getting or if it's not working like that because private property sucks then how can I take part in a vote on what to do with specific bits of you. Are you disappointed with the language or the work in England? Also what's 'ontological' in vietnamese?
What vote. What are you saying.
Ontology- (triet hoc) - ban the hoc

TINH TU
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 19:10   #50
Ste
Bored

umm... what's going on?