User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Dec 2005, 18:03   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[FOOTBALL] FIFA World Cup 2006 Draw

I'm posting this from the Apple store.

First time in 6 years I used a Mac.

Never mind.

But yes, since I'll be at the meet I expect someone nice to post the full draw here when it takes place at 19:45

Bye.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 18:05   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [FOOTBALL] FIFA World Cup 2006 Draw

oh bugger off you lazy tart
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 18:08   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why the hate?
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 18:12   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

What, it's that hard to google ?
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 19:45   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well all be talking about it and pissing ourselves laughing when England draw Australia and Trinidad & Tobago, so someone may as well post it*

*wont be me , ill be playing World of Warcraft.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 20:08   #6
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Im pretty sure England will draw a scandinavian team. We always have a habit of doing that.

Sven says he wants to avoid Australia, gotta agree with him.

Seeded 2 in the World Cup, goo England
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 21:19   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We are bound to get the Polish.
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 21:29   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope for England, Holand, Ivory Coast and USA
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:27   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

england, trinidad + tobago (lol) , sweden, paraguay
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:28   #10
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

http://www.teamtalk.com/WorldCup/Draw

For the list...

Well i think its quite a nice Group. Paraguay arent anything special, Trinidad and Tobago should be an easy 3 points. Sweden obviously the fact we havent beaten them since 1968 is gonna kinda suck, but its gotta happen soon, why not on the 20th June.

Its the last game of the group too so if we can win the first 2 hopefully it wont be essential
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:33   #11
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Heh. Would have preferred group G or H .
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:40   #12
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
england, trinidad + tobago (lol) , sweden, paraguay
don't "lol", they got a dutch coach

The dutch will have have a hard time. I doubt they'll be able to make it through the first round. Crap play.

The only poule that tops it, is Italy's poule. Whomever came up with the idea to create a poule like that... Goodness. It's like a mini-tournament on its own, heh. Forza Italia!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:53   #13
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Looking ahead for England, the likely path to the semis, (barring such tactical moves by Sven as bringing on Crouch when England need a goal) would be

as 2nd round opponent, which has to be from group A, and could realistically be any of them so that's Germany, Costa Rica, Poland or Ecuador. (Germany least likely assuming both England and Germany top their groups).

If they win that, quarter-final opponent is from the top 2 in C and D, so likely to be one from Argentina, Holland, Portugal or Mexico.

Then the semi would be against a top team from the EFGH groups, Italy, Brazil, France, Spain.

To conclude, I'm going to be ridiculously optimistic and suggest a Germany-England final (0-0 draw because the Germans play negatively, followed by an England win on penalties, media frenzy on a scale never before seen and a knighthood for Beckham)

Oh, and I remember doing this for WC2002 and being completely wrong

Last edited by 1-X; 10 Dec 2005 at 02:36.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:56   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my calculations put Argentina into the final, and the winner of Brazil-England facing them and winning while the loser plays France for 3rd.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 22:57   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Imo the Holland group is the toughest by far, followed by the USA group.

England should be very happy with their draw, although Paraguay always is a VERY hard team to beat.

I guess im gonna have to sit down and look over the locations asap to decide which matches im gonna try to get tickets for,
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:09   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Group A:
germany
ecuador
Group B:
england
sweden
Group C:
argentina
holland
Group D:
portugal
mexico
Group E:
italy
czech R
Group F:
brasil
australia
Group G:
france
switzerland
Group H:
spain (christ how easy do spain have it!)
ukraine
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:34   #17
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seeding really needs to be abolished, it just makes the group stages worthless (applies to pretty much all sports/tournaments, not just the WC).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:55   #18
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
an England win on penalties
Yeah right.

Groups as usual, mostly two good teams against two nonames. So to provide some entertainment one of the big nations should embarass themselves by playing poorly against shit teams(maybe Spain will once more fill this role).
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:56   #19
isildurx

Portugals and spains groups is by far the easiest.

Last edited by isildurx; 10 Dec 2005 at 00:09.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 00:42   #20
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

On a sidenote:
Heidi Klum shouldn't be getting any more babies. She looked like crap :s

— Scorpio
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 01:05   #21
isildurx

Id be willing to take one for the team on that milf (tbfh)
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 01:54   #22
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Id be willing to take one for the team on that milf (tbfh)
For all 32 teams for that matter, when she's shaped up again

— Scorpio
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 02:04   #23
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

ah, i see we're properly fked again.

how the fk did we manage to end up with the best teams of all groups?

and how did Germany manage to end up with the weakest?

shit
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 02:15   #24
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
To conclude, I'm going to be ridiculously optimistic and suggest a Germany-England final (0-0 draw because the Germans play negatively, followed by an England win on penalties, media frenzy on a scale never before seen and a knighthood for Beckham)

agreed, both England and Germany will have a walk in the park untill the 1/4 finals.

but serious, you are not that good.

(and Germany is 10 times worse than that, even).
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 03:57   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Seeding really needs to be abolished, it just makes the group stages worthless
As opposed to making the knockout stages worthless?

There are many excellent teams in world football, and the fact that sides like Portugal aren't in the top pool shows that, so you're always going to get some good matches in the group stages, with or without seeding.

Seeding, on the other hand, pretty much guarantees there not being a situation where you're not even past the semi finals yet, but you will be able to name the winners. Compare it to the FA Cup, which is unseeded, where a few years ago Millwall reached the final without playing a single Premiership team. At least with the world cup when teams reach the later rounds they're there on merit, not through the luck of the draw.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 12:01   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
As opposed to making the knockout stages worthless?

There are many excellent teams in world football, and the fact that sides like Portugal aren't in the top pool shows that, so you're always going to get some good matches in the group stages, with or without seeding.

Seeding, on the other hand, pretty much guarantees there not being a situation where you're not even past the semi finals yet, but you will be able to name the winners. Compare it to the FA Cup, which is unseeded, where a few years ago Millwall reached the final without playing a single Premiership team. At least with the world cup when teams reach the later rounds they're there on merit, not through the luck of the draw.
luck of the draw is why the FA cup is so fun though.

The only advantage of seeding at the world cup (and why it should stay in place) is because it keeps people from the same 'zones' quite seperate and means we get games that well, only happen at the world cup.
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 12:44   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
luck of the draw is why the FA cup is so fun though.
Yeah, it's fun. Because it's not the only competition, and it happens four times as regularly. If your place on the top table of English football was decided by a one-off game in January every four years, then the lack of seeding would obviously favour the smaller teams.
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 14:12   #28
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
On a sidenote:
Heidi Klum shouldn't be getting any more babies. She looked like crap :s
they cut her out on TV in Iran, because she didnt have enough cloth on...
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 14:45   #29
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
they cut her out on TV in Iran, because she didnt have enough cloth on...
I say this is the last straw and we invade.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 14:50   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: [FOOTBALL] FIFA World Cup 2006 Draw

I hope England get beat quickly and then we can start hearing about proper news once again.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 10:04   #31
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I hope England get beat quickly and then we can start hearing about proper news once again.
I thought your avatar was a fist until i read it.

Anyway, good group for us, if we don't get out of it i'm never watching international football again!
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 12:32   #32
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's not that easy a group to be honest.
Paraguay did well in qualifying - out of 4 games against Argentina and Brazil they W1 D2 L1, which isn't bad.
T&T will lift there game against England as most of their players play here. They won't make it easy for us.
And we all know about Sweden.
There is no reason why we shouldn't get 7-9 points of course.

Group A should be easy for Germany, but 2nd place could be any of them.
Group C should be Argentina and Holland but Serbia aren't a bad team (no idea about Ivory Coast)
Group D should be easy for Portugal and Mexico.
Group E should be Italy and Czech republic but Ghana will put up a fight and USA could get lucky again.
Group F should be topped by Brazil, but Croatia, Australia and Japan are all decent sides so it impossible to predict 2nd place.
Group G should be very easy for France. but 2nd is up for grabs again.
And whoever said Group H is easy obviously didn't see Ukraine in qualifying. Tunisia won the African Nations too so that will be difficult.

It's shaping up to be quite exciting really

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 13:41   #33
isildurx

I wouldnt forget Poland tbh. Germany is far to unstable to predict as easy group winners, so its prolly between those two.

Ivory Coast is probably the best african team imo. Didier drogba and Kolo Toure are both class players, and they have other great players also.

Paraguay i wouldnt say is much worse than Sweden tbh. They are a very well organised team, and they always put up a fight in every world cup.

Imo there are 4 sides that can win the world cup.

Brasil, England, Netherlands and Italy in no specific order.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 13:43   #34
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why are you writing off Argentina?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 14:53   #35
isildurx

Simply because i dont see that they have a good enough team. Its nice on paper but i feel theyre lacking some proper goalscorers and their midfield isnt good enough apart form Riquelme.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:33   #36
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

England will not win the WC. they are too crap. the only way they would win would be if every other team underperformed, then England woud only be the best of the worst and still underserving of the title of world champions.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:47   #37
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
England will not win the WC. they are too crap. the only way they would win would be if every other team underperformed, then England woud only be the best of the worst and still underserving of the title of world champions.
Not really, if they play better than everyone else they deserve to win.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:55   #38
isildurx

On paper England can have a good enough team imo.

Carra and terry in the centre is very good pair of centre backs, imo Englands main weaknesses are their backs and flanks. if Gary Neville and Ashley Cole gets into top form then their defence is very solid.
Gerrard and Lampard are fantastic middies, and Rooney can at times be a atatck on his own. If Micael Owen also hits top form then England will be very dangerous.

I think Englands major problems is to find a good midfield composition, if any ofr the backs(neville\cole) gets injured or if Wayne Rooney gets injured. If their first eleven stays outta problems i think England can go all the way.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 16:41   #39
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
pld :P i doubt i will ever see england win a penalty vs germany
Quote:
I wouldnt forget Poland tbh. Germany is far to unstable to predict as easy group winners, so its prolly between those two

germany allways became better in tournaments, i wouldnt forget them!
but england and italy clearly have no real chance on winning the world cup, i would give argentina a bigger chance on winning
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 17:04   #40
isildurx

Why do you say that?

Italy are always a force to be reckoned with in major tournaments.

Their defence is fantastic Neste\Cannavaro\Zambrotta(possibly the world best back).

Forward on the field they have some good players like Gattuso, Pirlo, Toni, Iaquinta etc.

I am not saying they are the best team on paper, but noone plays a 1-0 win like the Italians

My main problem with Argentina is that they lack really good players forward on the field. The back four is good with Zanetti, Ayala, Coloccini etc. but from midfield and forwards its not good enough imo.

Soring, Riquelme, Tevez are all good players but neither Crespo or Aimar are as good as they used to be so i think too much will be in the hand of ' ok`ish ' players like Riqueleme,
D` Alessandro and Tevez.

And they also really lack a holding midfield player like Emerson\Vieira etc.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 19:40   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
USA could get lucky again.
The USA are a much better team than most people give them credit for. Whilst 2002 was perhaps slightly too far the other way, they're an infinitely better team than we saw at France 1998 - their coach at the time was about as good as Graham Souness.

Quote:
Soring, Riquelme, Tevez are all good players but neither Crespo or Aimar are as good as they used to be so i think too much will be in the hand of ' ok`ish ' players like Riqueleme,
D` Alessandro and Tevez..
If Riquelme is "okish" I don't think anyone in the world qualifies as "good". Oh, and Carragher always performs woefully in the center for England, and noone in their right mind believes that he'll get the nod unless Campbell and Ferdinand are MIA.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 20:15   #42
isildurx

Riquelme hasnt been as good this season as last has he?

Anyhow i find that often in important games he kinda 'fades out', but i will be the first to admit that when hes playing good hes one of the best freekick takers and offensive midfielders in the world.

I actually forgot France completely. Theyre oubviuosly a good team, but what do you people think of their chances in the upcoming world cup?

In my opinion theyre lacking a really good pair of central defenders(Thuram is getting a bit old, and boumsong\mexes aint all that tbh) and their strikers have been far to inconsistent lately(although Henry is the best striker in the world when he plays good).
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 00:38   #43
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
If they have Joe Cole in the team, they'll win the world cup.

I'm still placing £50 on them to win it.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 01:00   #44
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
If they have Joe Cole in the team, they'll win the world cup.
I'm a Chelsea fan and I'm laughing myself to death atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I'm still placing £50 on them to win it.
Why waste your money?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 01:10   #45
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
I'm a Chelsea fan and I'm laughing myself to death atm.
You're a bad Chelsea fan then for not noticing how useful he can be*

Quote:
y waste your money?
Why not? I thought one of my ex Area Sales Director was nuts when he placed £20 on Liverpool to win the CL last season (20-1 Liverpool to win it).

Look what happened. He became a bit richer for the day.

Also I'm doing it because in every version of Championship Manager since 2001/2002, England won the world cup with Joe Cole in the squad. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did win it.

*in certain games.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 03:56   #46
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this predictor on the bbc sport site is very useful for testing your theories about team's paths to the final

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl...06/default.stm

(when I just used it, it led to semi's of Germany v Italy and England v Brazil )
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 04:36   #47
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So we're beating Argentina in the finals then
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 06:10   #48
isildurx

Semis`s of:

Germany\Holland vs England\Argentina
Czech rep\France vs Brazil\Spain

if that true, were in for such a treat
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 11:40   #49
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

World Cup 2006
Winner: BRA
2nd: HOL
3rd: ARG
4th: CZE

if Holland survives the poule, it'll have relative 'easy' games in the 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 finals. Brazil can knock out Italy and Argentina, the Czechs take care of France. Argentina will knock out England in the 1/4 finals.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 19:51   #50
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Portugals and spains groups is by far the easiest.
i wouldn't say that, considering spain rarely do good on these games, no matter how easy the games might appear, and for portugal concern, they lost with USA on the last wc, so, anything is possible, excluding loosing with Angola. (if that happens ill never watch a game of football again)

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote