User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Aug 2006, 12:44   #51
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: Lesbians get nailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
and where do you think the term Roman Catolic comes from, and is is the churches word i guess. All religions use it and it doesnt just symbolise being with someone its about having children predomanantly as well i know not always but definately for the majorety

In Ye old times people got married to have kids. The debocle is can lesbians or gays have kids. The real answer is no unless you include adoption.

I think the best way to phrase what i mean is do you call two gay partners in a "civil relationship" with adopted chidren a married family with kids. personally i believe no there more than entitled to do this if they so wish but to call it marrige is incorrect as marridge comes from church or romans and im pretty sure they didnt have gay mariges back then ( from fear of god).

In summary marrige aplies to straight people
The Roman society pre-dates Christianity, so it is entirely possible that the 'Christians' stole the word 'marriage' from the Romans. The concept of marriage was introduced in 'Genesis' in the 'Bible', and is defined as man and his wife becoming one flesh.

My 'religion' deems homosexuality as a sin, and is against gay marriage, but I say why not let them get married, denying them the legal status isn't going to deter them from being with there partners, or make them any less gay, all it does is discriminate against them from deviating from social norms.
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 12:44   #52
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
So maybe the only legal term should be civil union?
I'd go along with that, then people can refer to it in whatever way they want.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 16:18   #53
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
In a remarkably stupid move Boogster responds to allegations that he is homophobic with ... er ... homophobia.

Another brilliant coup!!!

The only 'point' to address is that nothing you said was correct:
"the legal distinction between child-producing couples and otherwise" - There is no distinction, legal or otherwise, between child producing and non-child producing couples.
"is the most significant thing to come out of this" - Nothing has 'come out' of this case.

But hey! Here's an idea, why don't you go on posting meaningless shit and pretending that you weren't wrong.
'The position is as follows. With a view (1) to according formal recognition to relationships between same sex couples which have all the features and characteristics of marriage save for the ability to procreate children, and (2) preserving and supporting the concept and institution of marriage as a union between persons of opposite sex or gender, Parliament has taken steps by enacting the CPA to accord to same-sex relationships effectively all the rights, responsibilities, benefits and advantages of civil marriage save the name, and thereby to remove the legal, social and economic disadvantages suffered by homosexuals who wish to join stable long-term relationships. To the extent that by reason of that distinction it discriminates against same-sex partners, such discrimination has a legitimate aim, is reasonable and proportionate, and falls within the margin of appreciation accorded to Convention States.' (para 122)

No distinction?
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 00:56   #54
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
'The position is as follows. With a view (1) to according formal recognition to relationships between same sex couples which have all the features and characteristics of marriage save for the ability to procreate children, and (2) preserving and supporting the concept and institution of marriage as a union between persons of opposite sex or gender, Parliament has taken steps by enacting the CPA to accord to same-sex relationships effectively all the rights, responsibilities, benefits and advantages of civil marriage save the name, and thereby to remove the legal, social and economic disadvantages suffered by homosexuals who wish to join stable long-term relationships. To the extent that by reason of that distinction it discriminates against same-sex partners, such discrimination has a legitimate aim, is reasonable and proportionate, and falls within the margin of appreciation accorded to Convention States.' (para 122)

No distinction?
no distinction that you can understand it seems. (do not presume to quote at me)

LOATHE as I am to laugh at the mentally ill.

LOL.

you are a spastic.