User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 12:53   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Just bought a new pc for gaming purposes

I finally got rid of my old p3, that damn thing gave me 3fps in world of warcraft at low detail in busy areas. Now I got an Athlon64 3200+ with a decent video and enough ram and the game is so much more enjoyable, I've also aquired Call of Duty, Doom 3, Farcry and GTA Vice city and I am thinking of reinstalling Morrowind and Rome Total War. I never game a lot about new fancy pansy 3d games with awesome graphics as I consider myself someone who only care for gameplay but recently I am playing Call of Duty (yes I know it's pretty old) and it blew my socks off, it's ****ing beautiful, and also a really good game. So my question is, as I've been out of the running for some years, which games should I really try and play and I mean heavy games I couldn't normally play with my p3.

For now I want to try the ones mentioned above (I didn't like doom 3, running through mazes was never a hobby of mine, especially when it's very dark)Farcry, GTA series, Morrowind (ofcourse waiting for Oblivion), Call of Duty 2, Black and White 2, Fable, Rome total war, Halflife 2, Deus Ex 2, civ 4.

Which games would you add, I mean those games I just need to experience, gameplay and graphically wise?

ps
I don't like shooters like doom3 and unreal, or anything else that involves shooting other players with the speed of a ninja online, I am too old and slow for that shit.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 12 Jan 2006 at 13:08.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:12   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Just bought a new pc for gaming purposes

Are there any good RTS games out atm?

I have been playing a lot of aoe3 recently, although its not particularly great, my brother bought it and i thought i might as well; It is quite a lot of fun though. Although I suppose you do need ninja speed now and again with that too, just not so frequently
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:12   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

RTS games make me nervous, i prefer laid back turn based strategy
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:17   #4
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you like Morrowind (I think this is the same sort of game... never played Morrowind, so can't be sure), this is something you might look forward to; Neverwinter Nights 2

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:25   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

deus ex 2 is disappointing.
the game engine is horribly inefficient and so you need a monster to make it playable at decent detail levels.
civ 4 rapes your memory ( though the latest patch may solve it. i havent noticed it anymore since i got myself 2 gig mem )

play doom 3 in the dark with surround sound you big pansie fs! :P

command and conquer generals +zero hour would be one suggestion, Homeworld 2 is another. Rollercoaster tycoon 3 perhaps?
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:27   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I might give it a try on a lazy sunday, but the dark just becomes pretty annoying and the shockeffects are cheap.

To the previous poster. I hated NWN part 1. the story was uninteresting, the cameraview horrible and no overal atmosphere. I love Baldur's gate and Temple of Elemental Evil though.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:30   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

WoW
FM06
Fable : The Lost Chapters (I quite like it, the new story is pretty good)
X3 (or X2, same game, bigger and shinier with the new version)
TOCA Race Driver 2

That should cover every eventuality
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:36   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I play WoW frequently dude, already for almost a year and only now it becomes enjoyable actually as my previous pc was way too slow. Might give FM06 a try, played the old cm series to dead but lost track some years ago as I didn't like the need to adjust your team line up and tactics each match to get good results.

I've also got an xbox, is the pc version better except for the added lost chapters?
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 14:06   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I play WoW frequently dude, already for almost a year and only now it becomes enjoyable actually as my previous pc was way too slow. Might give FM06 a try, played the old cm series to dead but lost track some years ago as I didn't like the need to adjust your team line up and tactics each match to get good results.

I've also got an xbox, is the pc version better except for the added lost chapters?
Never played the Xbox version, but the PC Version is exceptionally customisable, so you get very used to it very quickly. The extra missions lead to another confrontation with [spoiler]Jack of Blades in his demonic form, which is big and very ugly, larger than any enemy except the Kraken from the original[/spoiler]
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 14:54   #10
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Max Payne 1

and then if you like, Max Payne 2.

But the first one was the best thing in 2000/01.

Though I don't know if YOU'd call that a shooter game...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:02   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Max Payne 1 was good fun yes, but worked very well on my p3/ti4200. Might try the second part, added to do to list.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:21   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

X3 (note not XIII [13]). Looks gorgeous and should challenge your new PC
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:30   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
To the previous poster. I hated NWN part 1. the story was uninteresting, the cameraview horrible and no overal atmosphere. I love Baldur's gate and Temple of Elemental Evil though.
NWN2 is not made by the same people as NWN1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
X3 (note not XIII [13]). Looks gorgeous and should challenge your new PC
Bear in mind that X3 has Starforce.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:43   #14
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that in february the Command and Conquer 1st decde comes out(finally). It is a bundle with every command and conquer game + expansion packs released(12 titles total )
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:02   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Bear in mind that X3 has Starforce.
Explain.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:02   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Remember that in february the Command and Conquer 1st decde comes out(finally). It is a bundle with every command and conquer game + expansion packs released(12 titles total )
how annoying, i already own it all.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:22   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Explain.
http://www.glop.org/starforce/

among others.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:26   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The Websense category "Sex" is filtered.

Apparently.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:27   #19
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ecco The Dolphin is as close as you're going to get to 'gaming porpoises'

(why do I bother?)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:57   #20
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

F.E.A.R is much better at the 'scariness' factor than doom 3 and much better made*. (the fights with the soldiers bring back all the great memories of the firefights in the original Halflife)

I enjoyed Fable - The lost chapters. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who like the 3rd person perspective rpg.

RPG - just wait for oblivion (as i'm sure you will), it surely can't fail to be anything but amazing.

RTS - Rome: Total War is still the best in my opinion although Battle for middle earth 2 will definitely get a thorough play-thru.

FM 2006 is every bit as awesome and addictive as any of the previous SI games' titles. Wave goodbye to the evil daylight.

PS You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 1-X again.

*unlike this sentence

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:36   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Evil genius is fun for a whille

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:43   #22
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

starforce is one of the most evil copy protections around, anal about everything ( as in refusing to run if you have some cd writing software installed and sure as hell not if you have daemon tools, etc installed )

googles (text only) cache of the link is here : http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...efox-a&strip=1
(seeing as the site seems to be dead)
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:45   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I know
I couldn't even get X3 to install on my PC, the disk just simply wouldn't run. However, since I'm having the same problems with Battlefield 2 I suspect that it has something to do with my DVD-RW/CD-RW combo drive
We shall remember them.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:33   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. Just checked out my hidden device drivers, and the ****ing thing is all over it. Is there a full list of games with Starforce Protection system on them, as it would explain a helluva lot about some of the recent shutdowns ive had on the system (Device drivers have randomly failed on startup several times in the past few months).

Using the utility now to remove it.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:35   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Just checked out my hidden device drivers, and the ****ing thing is all over it. Is there a full list of games with Starforce Protection system on them, as it would explain a helluva lot about some of the recent shutdowns ive had on the system (Device drivers have randomly failed on startup several times in the past few months).

Using the utility now to remove it.
The link MrL posted has a list of games using Starfarce. Of course, if you remove the Starfarce, you won't be able to play any protected games (i.e X2 or X3)
We shall remember them.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 21:03   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
The link MrL posted has a list of games using Starfarce. Of course, if you remove the Starfarce, you won't be able to play any protected games (i.e X2 or X3)
It was X2 or FF V The Third Reich that did it on mine.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 10:18   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's a great pity, because the people who lose out by using Starforce are the game developers and the game players. The publisher does fine, because they say to their shareholders that they're winning the fight against piracy, but with so many copy-protected games people will either just not play the game, or pirate it rather than buy it, and the person who loses out is the developer who has so little say about what crap goes on their disk.

Developers with some kind of power include Valve and Epic; Valve have Steam, but Epic have ALWAYS put out a no-cd patch a month or two in. It's just considerate.

[edit]

Oh, and http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4862/ohmy5ys.jpg

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 13 Jan 2006 at 10:29.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 12:28   #28
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
It was X2 ... that did it on mine.
There's a no-cd patch for X2 on the egosoft site. It should allow you to install the game, patch it up, use the the no-cd then remove the Starforce drivers with the removal tools and still play the game, assuming you have a Starforce version - not all of them used Starforce - and want to play the game again without this (apparently) dodgey driver on your machine.