User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 May 2005, 12:03   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
tv-shows

is it just me or is there nothing worth watching running anywhere on the planet anymore? since btefnet got shut down i kind of lost the overview on this subject.
as far as i know
end of season:
- alias
- scrubs
- gilmore girls
- desperate housewives
- west wing
- lost

end of show
- enterprise
- andromeda

the only thing i watch thats still running is Dr. Who. Stargate SG-! and Atlantis seem to start in a new Season in two weeks, but thats still only 3 shows :/

tell me, GD, what else is there to watch? (i know i have done this a few times before, sorry, but i still have nothing right now )
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:09   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: tv-shows

download the whole series of clone high
it's brilliant

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:18   #3
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

There is always the new series of Family Guy. Does anyone know what happened to episode 4 btw? I thought it would have been shown last weekend but I haven't been able to find it yet.

There is a new series of "Have I got News for You" if you are interested in that and if you haven't seen them "Black Books", "Peep Show" and "Spaced" are worth watching.
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:18   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Eastenders is and will always be on though!
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:35   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Battlestar Galactica?
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:37   #6
Nantoz

Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

-Tru Calling ( I've only watched one episode of this, while properly drunk, but it seemed good.)
- The O.C. (Very silly show, but the girls are rather fit)
- House (Interesting medical series, staring a very bitter and sarcastic MD, my hero)
Nantoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:38   #7
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
There is always the new series of Family Guy. Does anyone know what happened to episode 4 btw? I thought it would have been shown last weekend but I haven't been able to find it yet.
Was wondering the same thing myself.

If you've got access to challenge TV there's plenty of humour available on the form of Takeshi's castle, Extreme Dodgeball, Crystal Maze and late night poker to boot.

UK Gold has classic fawlty towers and fools and horses regularly.

No doubt the main channels will ply us with some obscene shite until the good stuff returns.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:43   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
-Tru Calling ( I've only watched one episode of this, while properly drunk, but it seemed good.)
I liked it, but they bloody well cancelled it part way through season 2. :/
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:46   #9
Nantoz

Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nantoz has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
I liked it, but they bloody well cancelled it part way through season 2. :/
They did? What a shame. Eliza Dushku is hot!
So many series with great potential are canceled.
Like Crusade - granted it was not in any way fit to lick Babylon 5's dirty boots, but it was good and exciting and i liked it bobdamnit!
Unread 31 May 2005, 12:59   #10
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Anything todo with derren brown
Unread 31 May 2005, 13:02   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

New series of Family Guy's an obvious one. Then there's American Dad (by the very same Seth McFarlane) which starts slow but has picked up. Four eps of that available so far, I think there'll be another by the weekend though I've not checked the listings (seems both Family Guy and American Dad lost a couple eps there).
Unread 31 May 2005, 14:10   #12
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Quote:
They did? What a shame.
Yeah, shouldnt really be suprised, it was on FOX. :/
Unread 31 May 2005, 14:13   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They did? What a shame. Eliza Dushku is hot!
So many series with great potential are canceled.
Like Crusade - granted it was not in any way fit to lick Babylon 5's dirty boots, but it was good and exciting and i liked it bobdamnit!
There's a lot of B5 fanboys on here so I'm not even going to bother arguing it, but personally I found Crusade was everything B5 should have been. I even bought the DVD set.

All that aside, I'm in the same position, most of the good shows have come to an end (and no, I despise family guy so don't bother suggesting it). What I'm ideally looking for though is something different from the ordinary and totally original (firefly as an example mixing westerns and space). Does not have to be sci-fi, just different, another good example I rather liked Carnivale.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 14:23   #14
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

yesterday i saw "kicken!" on (dutch) TV.

it was about a group of people who do a tour of 2 months through New-Sealand before they start with working fulltime and all.
one guy in the group was being a total twat and pissed everyone off, including his gf who then decided to get another guy (his brother that is i believe).
then they went rafting on some river. met 4 americans. the twat made fun of the americans and insulted them and threw their flag in the water etc. then they got annoyed and took revenge next morning by hunting them down on the river, making them stop and almost rape their women. but then some other guys came back right in time and beat up the yanks. they phoned the police and all was good again.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 14:24   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

These boards are descending into faggotry I tell you.
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:12   #16
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

summer has always been a wasteland of shite tv programming.

sometimes i'll watch reruns of shows i haven't seen to see if i'm missing out on some good shows.

the answer is usually 'no'

ps: for 24 i wait for the dvd to come out so i can watch it properly (i.e., in one sitting)
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:29   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Days of Our Lives. It's great, you can watch for 3-4 months, come back after a year or so, and you still know what is happening. However, there has been great drama these last months. Bombs, killings, missing babies and unknow fathers.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:43   #18
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i forogt about galactica and tru calling, i also have them, i didnt watch them yet, though. (another one i liked, but which got canceled is dead like me, the women were not hot, but the show had something)
ill see what i can find of the rest, thanks everyone. (id really like to see that babylon5-spin-off, but never found it anywhere )

oh, and did anyone watch 'joey'? is it really as bad as the first few episodes made me think it is?
Unread 31 May 2005, 16:02   #19
Nantoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
i forogt about galactica and tru calling, i also have them, i didnt watch them yet, though. (another one i liked, but which got canceled is dead like me, the women were not hot, but the show had something)
ill see what i can find of the rest, thanks everyone. (id really like to see that babylon5-spin-off, but never found it anywhere )

oh, and did anyone watch 'joey'? is it really as bad as the first few episodes made me think it is?
I havren't seen Dead Like Me. What's it about?
You can find several Crusade-torrents on thepiratebay.com, check it out.
And yes, Joey sucks, nice women sometimes though.
Unread 31 May 2005, 16:23   #20
wu_trax

Quote:
I havren't seen Dead Like Me. What's it about?
You can find several Crusade-torrents on thepiratebay.com, check it out.
And yes, Joey sucks, nice women sometimes though.
some girl dies. ( http://www.tvtome.com/DeadLikeMe/ )
Unread 31 May 2005, 18:12   #21
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

king of queens

bill cosby

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 18:54   #22
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

I liked B5:LOTR but not many other people seemed to. Whats worse than the absence of sci fi (god we're geeks) is their place seems to be taken up by generic 'comedic sit-com' shit that pops in and out of existence.
Unread 31 May 2005, 18:59   #23
wu_trax

well, at least Stargate is still running.
Unread 31 May 2005, 19:06   #24
Nantoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
I liked B5:LOTR but not many other people seemed to. Whats worse than the absence of sci fi (god we're geeks) is their place seems to be taken up by generic 'comedic sit-com' shit that pops in and out of existence.
LOTR was a tad interesting, and I would have liked it if it had in truth become a series. I can't reall appreciate it enough when the storyline is so utterly incomplete.
But there were some very real issues with the show:
- The cast was mediocre, but with a certain potential.
- The "bad guy" was the most obvious in history.
- The banter was a completete let-down. I loved how B5 managed to crack me up.
- The story was overly simple.
Unread 31 May 2005, 19:28   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: tv-shows

I listen to Radio 4. Mind you, half of that is mind-numbing shit.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote