User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:30   #1
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Severing dilemma...

As i mentioned before, last weekend we were honuored by a visit from the police in the early hours of the morning who broke the window on our front door to gain access to our house.

Now, fast forward to yesterday. I come home, open the door and whilst in the process of trying to text someone i reach behind me to shut the door only to use the broken glass still in the frame of the window to make a reasonable attempt at removing my right index finger.

There was blood everywhere instantly and i could see straight through to the bone, my first thoughts being something along the lines 'dear god, that was awfully silly!'

I didn't panic (ive seen alot of blood and dead bodies as a med student) and knew what to do. At the hospital i received 2 stitches to the extensor tendon in my finger which was 'hanging on by a thread' and a further 4 in the rest of the surrounding tissue.

And now the dilemma.

Next week is exam week, and i am unable to write/draw/type (this took ages with just my left hand) so in a round about way i'm up shit creek with no sign of a paddle.

I'm unsure what the uni will say when i tell them at 9am on monday - 5 hours before my first exam.

My flat mates said i may get someone to write for me to whom i can dictate to - which would be fine and dandy for a few of my subjects but gross anatomy and histopathology both require diagrams and drawings which, among other things, are marked on their accuracy!

I can't envision being able to explian to someone how to draw an accurate diagram of the brachial plexus for example: 'draw a straight line, now another that intersects at 45degress with two branches, label the first.... no you've done it wrong' etc etc

Anyone heard of something similar happening at their uni and any ideas as to what may happen?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:37   #2
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Severing dilemma...

Tell them about it and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

These are extenuating circumstances after all, its not some lame excuse.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:39   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

where there's blame, there's a claim!

(ewwww / sorry to hear about your injury btw)

as for your dilemma, what KaneEd said
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:47   #4
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i have mental image of

'hi everybody!'
'hi dr nick'
'whoops there goes my finger!'

Firstly go on the assumption that you'll be sitting the exams you can dicate to someone - ie don't ****ing slack off the last minute revision. When monday comes go and tell them, i have a feeling they'll make you sit the exams you can and maybe defer the others (do you have resits?).
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:51   #5
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
where there's blame, there's a claim!

(ewwww / sorry to hear about your injury btw)
heh, reckon i'll be able to sue the police?

Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:54   #6
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
do you have resits?
Yea, not til summer tho.

dont really want to do them then tho

Unread 26 Mar 2006, 14:58   #7
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

I'm sure theyll be understanding if you explain the story to them.
I broke a bone in my right hand during the world cup a few years ago (ironic really, i was playing football at the time), which was convinient for me as i got a good few days off to watch the footy, but not for the school as they had to allow me some slack because i was using my left hand to draw/write/type (Therefore it was untidy and slow)

If your allowed a resit im sure they'll put you in for that. If not then tell them to "shove their asswipe tests up their hairy ass". Also inform them that "GD is a far better place to be"

Meanwhile, sue the bastard cop who did this to you and make him pay you thousands in compenstion!!! SUE PEOPLE FTW!!
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 16:47   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should be fine. Just go and find your tutor and show them your finger.

I didn't know you were a medical student. Where are you studying?

Does this mean we can all post our ailments on here and you'll give a rough diagnosis of what's wrong with us?
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 16:53   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

TK, it means that when we do ask, he can tell us to go and see a doctor.

He'll probably get angry at us when we do ask too.

Its the doctors way
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 16:57   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You should be fine. Just go and find your tutor and show them your finger.

I didn't know you were a medical student. Where are you studying?

Does this mean we can all post our ailments on here and you'll give a rough diagnosis of what's wrong with us?
a rough description like for instance "yes tk you've got lymphoma" would be cool.
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 17:23   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

Or, no TK you don't have a penis, thats just a bit of skin
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 17:55   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My sister's a medical student and she happily goes "well it's probably this or this"

I guess she knows I've been going to the doctor though and that what she tells me isn't a replacement for the real thing.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:22   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yahwe. What do you think? Sue for loss of consortium?
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 23:35   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Yahwe. What do you think? Sue for loss of consortium?
In the UK I think we'd call it a novus actus interveniens