User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Jun 2005, 21:31   #1
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Unforeseen sequences

Now that i asked a work hours/wage reduction so i could be at home playing more, i finally found out that games, in general suck! here is a list of games ive played recently:

Doom3: Cheap horror with intense noises and pitch black darkness lead only to annoyingness and horrible gameplay
FarCry: Sometimes buggy IA and the damm "Do what we tell you to do, this isnt a democracy, its a game, so you ought to follow the plot or youre outahere!!", not to mention that the crygenics(sp??) are the most boring/irritating foe since serious sam´s skeletons (which is only surpassed by quake´s 1 Fiend)
Swat4: Oh so boring "make sure you read and understand EVERYTHING before going into the action", which is the reason why i stopped enjoying rainbow six (the first one was ACE.. the others sucked cos you had to plan EVERYTHING)
Leisure Suit Larry IV : Magna cum: What a pointless little game! repetitive and useless quests ruin the fun!!
The battle for middle Earth: Oh jesus, ANOTHER RTS???
The new hitman game(forgot its name): They got rid of some of the mandatory thingies, but it is still annoying as swat4 and R6

Am i getting too old to play or games have turned to crap?
The only game which remotely entertained me was Half Life 2. I have to admit it IS great. The misterious, yet interesting plotline was a key to its sucess.
Can you people list games which where a major disappointment?
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 21:40   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Unforeseen sequences

You need World of Warcraft Mr Muslim. You really do.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 21:41   #3
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Trying some more recent games would be a good place to start (for gaems that are good).

HL2 is the best of the FPS's
Rome:Total War is the best of the RTS's
WoW/Guildwars are great MMORPGs
I'd say Elderscrolls III is the best of the single player RPGs
Footbal Manager 2005 if you like management sims.

I try not to play the 'disappointing' games by reading all the reviews before i buy* them.

*read download.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 21:55   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
The battle for middle Earth: Oh jesus, ANOTHER RTS???
this is actually the worst reason for disliking a game I've ever, ever heard.

Protip: if you don't want an RTS, DON'T GET AN RTS.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:16   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I quite enjoyed The Battle for Middle Earth, but I do think you have to be somewhat of a Tolkien fan for it. Currently most of my spare time goes into World of Warcraft, which is a highly satanic yet deviously godly invention by Blizzard.

Oh, and if you want some good games, get Knights of the Old Republic, and it's sequel. Although the latter is in my opinion somewhat worse than the first, but still good.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:20   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im currently hooked (again) on Resident Evil 4 on the gamecube.

i absolutely love it. Ive just completed it for the second time (stupidly i saved over my completed gamesave so didnt restart with any of my previous weapons)...however ive just staryted playing through a 3rd time and i have my fully upgraded pistol and various other weapons....im hoping to cut my play through time from 11hours to about 5 due to the weaponry now being 'hard ass shit'.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:20   #7
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

FPS: Painkiller, excellent, old school FPS, no relent in the action, great stuff, available incl shipping for €26 off blahdvd.com [NB. this is the black edition, including the expansion- what a steal] enough there to push even a newly bought PC.

RPG: Vampires: Bloodlines [patch it!] fantastic, immersive gameplay, it will steal weeks of your life

RTS: Empire Earth 2- sooooooooo in-depth, you gotta be a big RTS fan to stomach it, the depth is what makes it so appealing. Graphics are a let-dow, but hey, its a RTS.

My reccomendations. I have yet to complete them all, i want to do it on my new rig, which is being left till after the exams.

Disappointment? Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Unreal Tournamnet 2003, Icewind Dale 2, NWN (shudder...), Far Cry.....
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:35   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

spelapelle
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:41   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Oh, and if you want some good games, get Knights of the Old Republic, and it's sequel. Although the latter is in my opinion somewhat worse than the first, but still good.
yeah. two main criticisms: all the stuff they ripped out because it wasnt finished and they needed to release it quickly, and all the times you have to break up your party.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:48   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
RTS: Empire Earth 2- sooooooooo in-depth, you gotta be a big RTS fan to stomach it, the depth is what makes it so appealing. Graphics are a let-dow, but hey, its a RTS.
i dont know, i think that game had 'something' missing. i had a lot of great new ideas, but still, it didnt really convince me.
i only played single player though. ill wait for age of empires 3 before i start playing online again
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:56   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got CM5 a couple of days ago, my life has changed rather a lot......

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 23:23   #12
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You wish you'd bought FM 2005 i take it and are feeling rather depressed?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 23:30   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I got CM5 a couple of days ago, my life has changed rather a lot......
Youre feeling depressed at the fact you spent £30 on a bug ridden POS that you have to pay to play after a month?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 00:41   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
Rome:Total War is the best of the RTS's
Oh yeah... Sometimes I'm afraid of starting it up because I know I'll be sitting for hours while I should do other things. Really good game imo.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 03:14   #15
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Biig disappointment: Xwing versus tie fighter: I learnt to love the Xwing game becouse of the TODs and story driver architeture of the game, with its animations and movies.
Xwing Vs tie fighter was a mp game where the solo missions were there only to train
Shitty game! its like making counter strike in 1995 where noone had internet or a 2.048 baud....
Doom II: So hiped... just to see crappy scenarios and one, only one godam new weapon!!!

people who bought these games should be refunded!!
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 03:23   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Unforeseen sequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
Now that i asked a work hours/wage reduction so i could be at home playing more, i finally found out that games, in general suck!
'Leap, then look' is pretty much the story of your life, isn't it?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 03:27   #17
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
this is actually the worst reason for disliking a game I've ever, ever heard.

Protip: if you don't want an RTS, DON'T GET AN RTS.
It was another way of saying that its like making a crappy movie about WW2, which is the subject of most movies (like 4% of all movies bear relations to that, which is the highest percentage by far from any other subject)
If you are going to make one, you better make it count.....
and this game just sucked, no inovations no nothing =(
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 03:28   #18
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
'Leap, then look' is pretty much the story of your life, isn't it?
true.dat brother.....
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 11:18   #19
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is it me or is muslim about 10 years behind?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 14:36   #20
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Youre feeling depressed at the fact you spent £30 on a bug ridden POS that you have to pay to play after a month?
Spent ? Pay ?

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote