User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2005, 14:27   #51
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Star Wars: Episode 3 - Your Opinion

For a story which was supposed to have Anakin as the lead character, it mostly felt like Palpetine was the lead. Largely this was because Iain MacDairmid was so good, compared to that boy who played Anakin, who was so bad, and as many of the scenes were Palpetine speaking alone to Anakin, this was rather noticeable. It doesn't help that whoever plays a Jedi is forced into a being an essential non-entity by the nature of the role - Samuel L. Jackson has never shined in these films. But whoever casted whatsisface as Anakin needs to be shot.

P.S

"If you're not with me, you're my enemy!"

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes, Anakin."

Did anyone else pick that up?

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 21 May 2005 at 14:32.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:43   #52
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Star Wars: Episode 3 - Your Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson

yes. i believe my exact words were 'good work there, George'
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:46   #53
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the queue to get in was possibly the biggest queue I've ever seen.

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous.
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:11   #54
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think this film (like the other 5) would have been better if George Lucas had not ritten the script. His story-writing (stealing) abilities are pretty good, but I find that the dialouge is always really poor.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:18   #55
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
"If you're not with me, you're my enemy!"
That line was so forced. It doesn't even make sense coming from Anakin--who's just doing Palpetine's bidding.
Quote:
Yeah, the Jedi just want to peacefully coexist with the Sith.
Quote:
Lucas should stick to fiction.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:26   #56
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I liked the movie. From beginning to end. "Kiss me like you did by the lake on Naboo" is about the shittiest line I've ever heard in a movie. I think Snoopy from Peanuts can write better lines LOL.
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:29   #57
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

has geoge lucas written any other movies?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:30   #58
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
has geoge lucas written any other movies?
Yes
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:36   #59
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
95% of those are star wars or indiana jones. He wrote the star wars parts. He did not write indiana ojnes, just came up with the plot and characters. None of those give him credits for the screenplay, which is what I was asking.
Unread 21 May 2005, 17:03   #60
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
95% of those are star wars or indiana jones. He wrote the star wars parts. He did not write indiana ojnes, just came up with the plot and characters. None of those give him credits for the screenplay, which is what I was asking.
Then the answer is no.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 17:53   #61
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

american graffiti?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 18:06   #62
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
# "Untitled Clone Wars TV Series" (2006)
# "Untitled Star Wars TV Series" (2006)

???

does anyone have any further informations about that?
Unread 22 May 2005, 20:35   #63
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

I saw the film friday and it was fantastic, a feast of action
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:02   #64
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
# "Untitled Clone Wars TV Series" (2006)
# "Untitled Star Wars TV Series" (2006)

???

does anyone have any further informations about that?
Clone wars is just out on dvd, its like star wars 2.5 really..

the other one i presume is what lucas was on about when he said he would do more like clone wars and let other people follow the story...
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:04   #65
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I liked the movie. From beginning to end. "Kiss me like you did by the lake on Naboo" is about the shittiest line I've ever heard in a movie. I think Snoopy from Peanuts can write better lines LOL.
I'm pretty sure 'You're either with me or my enemy' takes that accolade.
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:05   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I'm pretty sure 'You're either with me or my enemy' takes that accolade.
Hell no.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:14   #67
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not the younglings!?
Unread 22 May 2005, 23:14   #68
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I thought the Vader 'NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!' scream at the end deserved the major-hunk-of-cheese accolade.

Great film though.

Hayden Christensen has the acting proficiency of Steven Segal's retarded cousin.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 23:17   #69
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

"The Sith are evil!"
"Well from MY point of view the Jedi are evil"

and

"Anakin you're breaking my heart"

Had to be the worst lines, with those others not too far behind. The action wasn't that great to be honest, which is probably a reflection of it being the sixth time I'd seen space/lightsaber battles. They had a really good thing going with General Grievous, but he was quite a let down (he died fairly easily).

Christensen I think did pretty well, when he wasn't talking to anyone. The Jedi were annoying, and telling me that Sith deal in absolutes and desire absolute power didn't do much to put me off morally, seeing how I deal in absolutes and desire absolute power.

I think Padme became the new Jar-Jar. "Oh my God Anakin you killed children what have you done? *crycrycry*". WELL HE DID IT TO SAVE YOUR LIFE YOU UNGRATEFUL WHORE, AND YOU REPAY HIM BY GALLAVANTING AROUND WITH THAT VOCAL STRAITJACKET OBIWAN. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO, NOT CHOKE YOU OR SOMETHING?
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 23:18   #70
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I watched it tonight, it was shit.

I don't know why people say it's the best of the 3, Episode I was a lot better; I can't remember Episode II very well but I think that might have been marginally better too.

The acting was fine, much better than in Episode II. The dialogue was still crappy, especially between Amidala and Anakin. The special effects were good. In the last two films they seemed to want to cram as much special effects onto the screen as possible, didn't happen in this film though.

The story was just shit.
Unread 22 May 2005, 23:58   #71
All Systems Go

Anakins transition to the dark sde seemed rather sudden as opposed to the slow gradual transition I was hoping for.

the general was a let down and why was he sick?

How come the rest of the Jedi were so pathetic and easy to kill?
Unread 23 May 2005, 00:24   #72
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

Until I saw his heart and assumed some sort of suit like Anakin gets I thought someone was taking the piss by designing a hunchbacked ill robot heh.
Unread 23 May 2005, 00:25   #73
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:

To emphasise his partially droid/partially alive state

Or said the guy in charge of him
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 03:38   #74
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Lucas had a cough when he wrote that part of the script and he needed something characteristic for Grievous and thus voila - a cough.

That is actually true btw.

They made up a reason in history- as during the Clone Wars, Grievous fought Mace Windu and Mace managed to damage Grievous torso.

Quote:
How come the rest of the Jedi were so pathetic and easy to kill?
The Jedi were heavily outnumbered and none of them realized the armies they were leading would actually turn on them. It was a perfect execution move really, something I found rather beautiful when all the Jedi were being eradicated. It was similtaneous across the galaxy.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 03:50   #75
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
The Jedi were heavily outnumbered and none of them realized the armies they were leading would actually turn on them.
So much for the famous Jedi "sixth sense."

I was especially disappointed when Master Windu goes to arrest Chancellor (and suspected Sith Lord!) Palpatine. I mean, who takes three red shirts on a mission like that??
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 05:46   #76
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

good movie, but seriously the acting was utter wank all round, the only believable thing all round was that frickin beast obi was riding>.<
Unread 23 May 2005, 08:12   #77
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
So much for the famous Jedi "sixth sense."

I was especially disappointed when Master Windu goes to arrest Chancellor (and suspected Sith Lord!) Palpatine. I mean, who takes three red shirts on a mission like that??
The three Jedi with him have all been named also. Kit Fistu was one of them, I cant remember the others - they were all actually fairly good Jedi in theory/history. Perhaps they were shocked that an old man had suddenly become nimble enough to charge them and utilize a lightsaber. Who knows. I think Palp was abit lucky.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 23 May 2005, 14:16   #78
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Yoda is shit because he couldn't beat Palpatine.

In fact, as I recall, Yoda couldn't beat Dooku either.
Unread 23 May 2005, 19:51   #79
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Aren't those two the "meanest" guys in the galaxy?

If you said he was crap because he couldn't beat Jar Jar then I would agree
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 19:54   #80
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yea, but Yoda is supposed to be the cream of the crop so to speak.

I think Yoda failed to beat Dooku because he decided to save obi-wan and anakin instead.

Not sure why he didn't beat Sidious though when Windu did it with apparent ease. (Or was that part of the plot to lure Anakin?)

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 20:00   #81
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

He should have chucked his lightsaber straight into the back of Dooku and then get on with the saving.

And Dooku taught Grievous how to fight, shouldn't that make him THE best lightsaberuser in the universe? (considering griveous take four jedis at once)
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 21:25   #82
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon

I think Yoda failed to beat Dooku because he decided to save obi-wan and anakin instead.

Not sure why he didn't beat Sidious though when Windu did it with apparent ease. (Or was that part of the plot to lure Anakin?)
Palpatine let Windu beat him, that much I am pretty sure.

Dooku was trained by Yoda remember also and did anyone else catch the utter look of surprise on Dooku's face when Palpatine said to kill him? I think Dooku was expecting Palpatine to step in and save him, and only then realized what a sham his entire involvement had been.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 23 May 2005, 22:05   #83
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Yeah, the bit where Palpatine ordered Anakin to kill Dooku was one of the best bits of the film.
Unread 23 May 2005, 22:20   #84
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon

Mace Windu is supposed to be the best swordsman of the Jedi (or was...).

Yoda is top hard and wise, but he isn't a master-swordsman.

Or so I've been told by my friend(s), who've watched the Clone War cartoon things.
Unread 23 May 2005, 22:30   #85
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

please tell me we're not really discussing this and its all just a product of gin withdrawl
Unread 23 May 2005, 22:53   #86
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
please tell me we're not really discussing this and its all just a product of gin withdrawl
Why, do we get a prize if we do?
Unread 23 May 2005, 22:54   #87
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
You're just jealous of my lightsaber.

TomKat is right btw. Mace Windu was 'apparently' the best Form fighter for the Jedi Order in the lightsaber art. But I still do not believe he beat Palpatine without Palpatine wanting it to happen. I believe Palpatine doesn't actually lose his lightsaber till after Anakin has arrived at the Chancellor Office building.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 23 May 2005, 23:32   #88
Tomkat

Quote:
You're just jealous of my lightsaber.

TomKat is right btw. Mace Windu was 'apparently' the best Form fighter for the Jedi Order in the lightsaber art. But I still do not believe he beat Palpatine without Palpatine wanting it to happen. I believe Palpatine doesn't actually lose his lightsaber till after Anakin has arrived at the Chancellor Office building.
That means that Palpatine wanted to turn into a horrible ugly person

Oh, by the way. This confused me.

In Episodes 1/2/3, Palpatine, when talking to anyone through the hologram thing, was all wrinkled and stuff underneath his hood (watch again to check). But in reality, he was relatively youthful (until he became gnarled by the lightning reverse thing with Windu). Explain?
Unread 23 May 2005, 23:39   #89
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it Was All Badly Written And Ill Thought Out
Unread 24 May 2005, 05:21   #90
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road

1) Poor acting
2) Average storyline
3) Excessive use of special effects
relik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 05:35   #91
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The battle scenes were fantastic and the backdrops were breathtaking. Unfortunately the dialogue between obi-wan and anakin and anakin and padme was horribly laboured. Some of thoses lines really did register a plus ten on the cringe factor. The emperor made up for a lot by being staggeringly great and making me up for him by the end of the movie. I don't think George Lucas can really invest his characters with a lot of depth and this shines through, especially with the less experienced actors. He goes all out for drama and meaning and fails pretty emphatically. Saved to a certain extent by the performance of Ian McDiarmid and the coolness factors though.

On a slightly different note has there ever been a film where so many people spent so much time staring through so many windows? I'm pretty sure the galaxy could have completed a few revolutions in the combined time everyone spent gazing blankly out of their windows.
Unread 24 May 2005, 05:49   #92
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
That means that Palpatine wanted to turn into a horrible ugly person

Oh, by the way. This confused me.

In Episodes 1/2/3, Palpatine, when talking to anyone through the hologram thing, was all wrinkled and stuff underneath his hood (watch again to check). But in reality, he was relatively youthful (until he became gnarled by the lightning reverse thing with Windu). Explain?
Use of the dark side brings along corruption of the flesh anyway - Palpatine understood that which is why he had clones set up of himself (EU material). So it didnt really matter at that point - he was already going to be using the dark side extensively so he could drop any charade onto his image.

Read up for the hologram thing - I would have to watch the holograms again for the holonet visage to see if they are wrinkled - I dont recall them being so, but if you're right, it was a charade to maintain a more healthy appearance.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 24 May 2005, 11:17   #93
Tomkat

I am curious.

When I eventually have children, as I hopefully will.

Should I show them the Star Wars saga from I through to VI?

Or do it how we all have seen them - IV, V, VI, I, II, III ?
Unread 24 May 2005, 11:29   #94
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

I though this episode actually made up for the crapfest of Episode I, and the mediocrity of Episode II. Sure there were some cringeworthy lines (most of which have been mentioned here already) but it's not something that makes the movie hard (or annoying) to watch.

The movie isn't perfect but in the end it's bad sides (a few bad lines, some wooden acting (anakin), and some other minor things) are overshadowed by the total awesomeness of the rest of the movie (badass lightsaber fights, palpatine, anakin slaughtering a room full of annoying children, palpatine, beautifull backgrounds, good action scenes and palpatine).

A 9/10

my 0.02$ (I don't have a euro sign on my keyboard)
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 11:39   #95
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Or do it how we all have seen them - IV, V, VI, I, II, III ?
Its got to be that way. If you do it the other way the 'i am your father' bit wont be a surprise .
Unread 24 May 2005, 11:52   #96
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Until I saw his heart and assumed some sort of suit like Anakin gets I thought someone was taking the piss by designing a hunchbacked ill robot heh.
heh, I was rather fond of the unconventional idea, I was later disappointed when they revealed he was part biological. MInd you, what I don't understand is how an open exposed heart and simular organs can be sustained like that. If you look at his armour its not fully enclosed at all, more like plating of a sort with plenty of open air exposed bits.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 12:16   #97
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
If you look at his armour its not fully enclosed at all, more like plating of a sort with plenty of open air exposed bits.
Yeah, I dunno why Obi-Won didn't just open it up using Force powahs
Unread 24 May 2005, 13:23   #98
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Its got to be that way. If you do it the other way the 'i am your father' bit wont be a surprise .
I doubt there are many people who aren't old enough to have watched the first three films when they were first released for whom it was a surprise. I certainly knew Vader was Luke's father before I watched any Star Wars film.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 13:29   #99
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
heh, I was rather fond of the unconventional idea, I was later disappointed when they revealed he was part biological. MInd you, what I don't understand is how an open exposed heart and simular organs can be sustained like that. If you look at his armour its not fully enclosed at all, more like plating of a sort with plenty of open air exposed bits.
A droid would be rather crap in using lightsabers in theory. As the lightsaber-force-user attunement is what makes lightsaber weilders deadly.

Saying that in the EU there are cases of non-force sensitives using lightsabers and there are plenty of references to droids being used for training purposes in lightsaber techniques. (Darth Vader in Shadow of the Empire for example). Although such things are hardly a challenge.

I didn't understand the heart thing myself to be honest. I was under the impression it was just his brain that was still organic before getting to see the movie which would have made somewhat more sense.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 24 May 2005, 13:35   #100
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
in the EU
The EU is a load of nonsense. Trying to see the actual Star Wars universe through an EU perspective just makes the whole thing absurd.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote