User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Nov 2006, 23:47   #1
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
What do you love?

For me it’s simple. It’s my cat, she’s not judgemental, she’s not more intelligent than I, and she sure is demanding of me.

On a less serious note if I could ban three things from love they would be;

Midget Gems
Stalin
Banrock Station Charonnay

So what do you love and what three things are below affection?
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 00:24   #2
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
Re: What do you love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well maybe you would be better placed on a forum populated by cats then.
There's more than enough pussies here thank you. Love.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 04:19   #3
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've never really understood human-animal relationships, i've never had pets so perhaps this is the reason, but in a fairly fundamental way i don't 'get' pets.

Using them as tools, for protection etc i understand but beyond that into anthropomorphisation of the relationship...its just weird. What difference would a teddy bear have over the cat? im interested why this certain level of input that doesn't threaten you makes you love the cat. Would you consider a human with a similar level of care-needs/intelligence ratio a burden or a blessing?
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 05:01   #4
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
What difference would a teddy bear have over the cat? im interested why this certain level of input that doesn't threaten you makes you love the cat.
A teddy bear doesn't have a personality, nor does it show appreciation or affection for looking after it.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 05:33   #5
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I've never really understood human-animal relationships, i've never had pets so perhaps this is the reason, but in a fairly fundamental way i don't 'get' pets.

Using them as tools, for protection etc i understand but beyond that into anthropomorphisation of the relationship...its just weird. What difference would a teddy bear have over the cat? im interested why this certain level of input that doesn't threaten you makes you love the cat. Would you consider a human with a similar level of care-needs/intelligence ratio a burden or a blessing?
The cat does not care if I come in drunk, covered in lipstick with my flies undone.

Conversely it does not offer me the opportunity of buying it drinks to gain long snogs and administering oral sex in a bus stop. But despite the cat flap, she's always in when I do come home.

Its an uncomplicated relationship,
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 05:54   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
A teddy bear doesn't have a personality, nor does it show appreciation or affection for looking after it.
I'm sure you can get a teddy bear which says "Thank you for looking after me, I love you!" when you pull a chord. And on some level I'm sure (thanks to slight imperfections in the production process) that each teddy bear is ever so slightly different which we might as well, if we're horribly abusing the term anyway, call that it's personality.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 06:53   #7
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm sure you can get a teddy bear which says "Thank you for looking after me, I love you!" when you pull a chord. And on some level I'm sure (thanks to slight imperfections in the production process) that each teddy bear is ever so slightly different which we might as well, if we're horribly abusing the term anyway, call that it's personality.
The Teddy Bear doesn't have a choice but say "Thank you for looking after me, i love you!"
If you're nasty to a cat, it isn't going to like you. It may come to you looking for food, but it isn't going to sleep near you, or purr for you, or come running towards you outside your home on your way back from work, surely indicating it's happy to see you?
I suppose you argue that it only does that because it's hungry or whatever, but i have cats who just run to me to be stroked while they sit on my front gate, or if they hear a car they recognise sit by the front door waiting for whoever it is. We have five cats and they each have their own idiosynchracies that clearly put them apart from the others.

(I thought the word personailty may have been wrong, but i must lack the vocabulary to use the correct word.)
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 10:29   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like cats

I love good food. In Croydon I tried to sample every restaurant on the main street near where I lived. I failed but only because noone else would eat out with me

It's the same up here, there are so many nice places to eat that I want to try, And when I go to them I want to try everything on the menu.
But noone up here either likes eating out or can afford it

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 12:56   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've never been one for "large" pets such as cats and dogs. I've kept guinea pigs before though, just because they're utterly hilariously stupid in everything they do.

Lowbrow entertainment? Yes, but I don't care.

On the subject of entertainment and rodents, I would really like to see one of these face to face - they look even more amusing.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 13:48   #10
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
Taking into account dante's reply and your post to him, is any of that behaviour (food for interaction) different from owning a tamagochi egg? or a teddy bear with some sort of algorithm that demands attention.

TBH its more the nature of the relationship compared to human relations im interested in. I may be completely misunderstanding but it seems to be about reflecting attibutes that you'd like in a relationship onto a fairly generic feline. Do you break-up with pets? ie take them back to the store because they do object to you coming home late? that would perhaps be an indicator of fairly significant behaviroul differences between individual cats, as it is people seem to buy 'a cat' from a shop take it home and by some remarkable process 'get along'.

I think if you took all the cats in the world and just swapped them around people would still 'get along' with their new pet, mostly because its a one way 'projection relationship'
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 15:21   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I love carpet.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 15:24   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I love desk.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 15:25   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

I love lamp.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 15:30   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

My girlfriend & Kit Kats.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 17:05   #15
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

guppys.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 17:18   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
guppys.
Just for you

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 17:20   #17
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

my dogs, good food and good ale. I'm a simple lad at heart.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 17:22   #18
milo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
if all i had to do was feed and walk a hot female to do whatever i wanted with her i'd consider it a blessing to the point of joining travler's local church.
obviously the dopamine pay off is less when stroking the cat than sexing a woman, but then the input is also a lot less (unless you're attractive)
Would you consider being the carer of a mentally challenged person a burden?
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 17:36   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
obviously the dopamine pay off is less when stroking the cat than sexing a woman
How would you know?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 19:03   #20
milo

Quote:
if by mentally challenged person you mean a drooling spastic who i'm not getting anything out of then yes, definately.

The trade off of having a human body might make it 'worth it'
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 21:01   #21
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I love toasted almond ice cream.

I don't like:

people who cut in line

seafood

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Not necessarily in that order.

As to cats, we have five cats. All of our cats came to us, we didn't seek any of them out.

Thumbelina is the cat equivilent of a coach potato. She is sweet but doesn't like to exert any more energy than is necessary to get to the cat box or to the food dish. She has grown to be quite a fatty.

Yawny is a male cat who takes it for granted that he owns the house. He likes to spend a fair amount of his time outside and when he is inside his favorite pass time is to sit in the window and watch the activity outside.

Lost is an attention whore. She loves to sit in my wife's lap and if my wife lays down on the couch she will crawl up on top of her and fall asleep. She is shy and doesn't readily approach people. Even though she has been with us for 16 years, if you try to approach her she will usually withdraw from you. She has to come to you for attention, you don't go to her.

Dennis is an outdoor cat. He is very assertive and self-confident. He will go up to just about anyone.

Heidi is more like a dog in many ways than the other cats. She will follow me around the house to keep an eye on what I am doing. She will herd me to areas where she likes to be to get the best petting. She remids me in the evening when I should be going to bed though she then goes elsewhere once I do go to bed.

None of our cats likes to be picked up and handled. Yet all of them like to have attention and to be petted and will sometimes seek out the odd lap to sit on.

Anyone who doesn't note that various animals have different personalities isn't paying attention.

As to why people like pets, it isn't the unconditional love that they give, it is the ability for humans to set aside their fears and to give unconditional love without worrying about being hurt by the object of their love.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 22:58   #22
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I love playing frisbee, or some random other sports for fun, not to be competitive

I'm not a fan of

teenagers
self-righteous fools
vegetables

Mostly in that order.

(And I admit that I read Yahwe instead of Yawny by accident in that bit by dda)
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 01:01   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I were to be stranded on a desert island and had unlimited food/water, then I could probably live happily for 6 months given an mp3 player filled with 40 gigs of music of my choosing (+ good headphones) , the complete works of Wittgenstein (in English), and the ability to play Go + IRC on the internet (via a laptop + wireless connection I guess, I'd need the laptop to charge the mp3 player anyway).

Last edited by Nodrog; 17 Nov 2006 at 01:23.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 01:35   #24
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
If I were to be stranded on a desert island and had unlimited food/water, then I could probably live happily for 6 months given an mp3 player filled with 40 gigs of music of my choosing (+ good headphones) , the complete works of Wittgenstein (in English), and the ability to play Go + IRC on the internet (via a laptop + wireless connection I guess, I'd need the laptop to charge the mp3 player anyway).
If I were to be stranded on a desert island and had unlimited food/water, then I could probably live happily if people who posted shit threads on GD had it pointed out to them that they had posted a shit thread on GD; with repetition of the offense leading to a ban.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 02:09   #25
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
If I were to be stranded on a desert island and had unlimited food/water, then I could probably live happily if people who posted shit threads on GD had it pointed out to them that they had posted a shit thread on GD; with repetition of the offense leading to a ban.
You always romanticise everything!
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 16:05   #26
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Good for you, anything to keep busy eh.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 17:34   #27
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
On the subject of entertainment and rodents, I would really like to see one of these face to face - they look even more amusing.

I like animals. Cats in particular, but dogs and guinea pigs come a close second.
As for capybaras, there's a farm/zoo-type place in Staffordshire (near Alton Towers) that has some. When I was younger, I begged my parents for ages to take me, and in the end they did, and it was definitely worth going to see them. If I could have one as a pet, I definitely would. Imagine the looks walking through the park with one on a lead!
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 01:22   #28
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I love too many things to list here, but in sticking with the general theme of this thread I do love cats also.

* I almost forgot my main love, coffee. I enjoy sampling the many different varieties out there, and I'm constantly on the search for the perfect cup.

As for banning things from love, i'm not sure that ban be applied to inanimate objects cause they wouldn't care lol, but what the hey:

smoking (it may just be cause I'm asthmatic and it affects me in a significant way.... but I passionately hate this)
people that eat with their mouth open
people that have no direction or goal in their life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I like cats

I love good food. In Croydon I tried to sample every restaurant on the main street near where I lived. I failed but only because noone else would eat out with me

It's the same up here, there are so many nice places to eat that I want to try, And when I go to them I want to try everything on the menu.
But noone up here either likes eating out or can afford it
Wow... if you were a female I think I would have found my soulmate lol.

I also love sampling food, especially if it's something unusual or that i've never tried before. I find that lesser cultured people just aren't interested in the experience, so I usually go alone. I also make it a point to try everything I possibly can on the menu just for the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Holy crap! it's the worlds largest rodent.. just looking at that thing makes me wanna lay down a ton of rat-poison :P

On the subject of human-animal relationships. I've owned about 14 cats over my lifetime and every single one of them had their own personality and quirks. I think the simple ability to show an animal affection and have it returned unconditionaly is more satisfying than anything I know. They make me laugh with the antics they get up to and I muse at just how human-like some of the things they do can be.
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 04:10   #29
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neg Rep
crashed into every internet hurdle
That's an interesting if not irrelevant comment, can you please put this into context and explain what those hurdles were?
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 04:53   #30
milo

Quote:
(not that i've ever had sex but y'know )
I think thats what dante meant

Quote:
i don't understand what you mean here. are you saying that i get to keep my body if i care for a spastic or something?

no i was saying that if the human has the same mental abilities as the cat (however you choose to measure that) id support you calling it your property and doing what you want with it
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 10:28   #31
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Wow... if you were a female I think I would have found my soulmate lol.

I also love sampling food, especially if it's something unusual or that i've never tried before. I find that lesser cultured people just aren't interested in the experience, so I usually go alone. I also make it a point to try everything I possibly can on the menu just for the experience.
Well, if you're ever over in the UK I'd be very happy to sample the local restaurants with you
No, it won't be a date but we can call it a GD mini-meet if you like