User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2006, 15:45   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Overkill with Negative Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Nod. Who cares if a post is shit? You think taking away reputation actually helps to improve them? No. Your consistent negging of me hasn't changed me so stop trying to control something you have no control over.

You can use the ignore function so use it. It's your loss at the end of the day.
So maybe you're just a terminal spastic...

I mean it's just endless moaning and moaning and being shit at the internet and spastication and more moaning and assertions of the existence of a hidden cabal manipulating the forums and it couldn't possibly be because you put ZERO effort into your posts it has to be those people out there but why are they neg-repping you do you think they do it to make themselves feel better about themselves it must be that it can't be because they're trying to help you and if you don't want their help you're probably better turning off your computer and going to take part in something a little less intellectual strenuous like watching the international women's paint drying championships but no it could never be that.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 9 Jul 2006 at 15:56.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 15:54   #102
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Jon dude that is your SHITTEST post EVER!!

Actually so shit I would posrep you, if possible.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 16:06   #103
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
So maybe you're just a terminal spastic...

I mean it's just endless moaning and moaning and being shit at the internet and spastication and more moaning and assertions of the existence of a hidden cabal manipulating the forums and it couldn't possibly be because you put ZERO effort into your posts it has to be those people out there but why are they neg-repping you do you think they do it to make themselves feel better about themselves it must be that it can't be because they're trying to help you and if you don't want their help you're probably better turning off your computer and going to take part in something a little less intellectual strenuous like watching the international women's paint drying championships but no it could never be that.
I entirely agree.

People need to start taking more responsibility for their posts rather than running around crying and pretending that they recieve neg rep because they are black/white/asian/christian/over40/under40/female/male (delete shit excuse as applicable)
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 16:09   #104
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
Thats true, but if you intended to take over the GD forums because for example "the space game died", paying for it should be the smallest problem. At most 5 Euro a month should easily give you stable and responsive forum hosting with full control.

Hosting services like a forum is dirt cheap nowadays..
I am just reminding certain individuals "the side their bread is buttered on"
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 16:27   #105
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I´m not talking content. I mean the lack of periods and commas.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 16:29   #106
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
I´m not talking content. I mean the lack of periods and commas.
It's supposed to be a stream of consciousness post. It's just a variation. Like writing short sentences. Like these. Do you see? It works well. Or would you disagree?
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 16:31   #107
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Ah okay, right. Did not get that. I get really confused after reading four verbs without commas and periods - it´s a foreigner thing I guess.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 17:57   #108
JonnyBGood
Banned

Here's a suggestion for our angrier viewers. If you find that you've been neg-repped for a post and you think it's unjustified you can delete that particular post and the rep will be removed from your user cp. Your score will stay the same but now it's twice as easy to get rid of those nasty odours! I mean comments.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 18:57   #109
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Nod. Who cares if a post is shit? You think taking away reputation actually helps to improve them? No. Your consistent negging of me hasn't changed me so stop trying to control something you have no control over.
I would actually say that this is because of you though. If you make a bad post, and get a negrep, and you don't learn from it - you can expect to get more negreps. And if you do what you did just now, you admit that you aren't looking to improve, I don't think the situation is going to change for you.

What I'm saying is that if you post what people consider shit, and then they tell you, and you openly say that you don't care if they tell you, as you won't change anyway, then they will probably just think even worse of you.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 21:32   #110
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Seems to me this rep shite gets you kids all hot under the collar.

Bad grammer, bad posts, bad yish bad yadda.

I didn't have to take an IQ test to post here so why the stress?

Saying that like it makes an amusing read.

Oops, did I say 'like' mid sentance. Collequialism helps makes us. Dyslexia is certainly part of what makes me. I've made very few posts here and I gots loads of neg rep for my grammer. That does'nt bother me, nor does PM's telling me about how I'm going to be a slave. Like I said, its all amusing.

Seems to me this rep shite gets you kids all hot under the collar. Try f**k*** once in a while. Its much better when the shirts off.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 22:49   #111
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

IF someone doesnt agree with your opinion they just neg rep you, there's no such thing as freedom of speech in forums unless you want 1up members to neg rep you all day.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:06   #112
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That kind of eliminates the point of reputation, my good chap. This isn't a game, it isn't desireable to create a world for the people with lots of rep and a world for the bottom feeders, particularly as these groups actually interact in the forums, they don't in the game.

You're coming at the rep system from the totally wrong direction. This suggestion seems to have been made with the assumption that "getting lots of rep" is the purpose of the system.

It isn't.

It's supposed to be a system by which users can rate eachothers "value" to the community, in the ways that have been described before in this thread.

If you're receiving lots of neg rep, then that's actively YOUR fault. YOU have done something to deserve it, and there are two obvious candidates - complaining about neg rep (which is fairly pointless at best, because it just brings to peoples attention that you're a bit of an arse) or the fact that within 5 minutes of arriving here you posted one of the most offensive opinions I've ever read.

The "GD Conspiracy" has been, supposedly, going on for years at this point. When Dante arrived on the boards, people who were disliked were complaining about a "GD Clique" which didn't accept newcomers.

Dante is now regarded as part of this clique.

When Toccata and Fugue arrived, people were complaining about a GD Clique which didn't accept newcomers.

T&F is now regarded as part of this clique.

1-X, Proteus, and almost all the other people who have been regarded as "core" or good posters on GD in the last few years were not the ones posting when the first accusations of GD cliquey-ness arose, at least the first accusations once GD because a proper posting community and not just spam about Legion or Fury.

So, if it's so easy to get into, why are there so many complaints? In most cases, it's because they're awful posters, or awful people. This is, to a definite extent, a meritocracy. Claims of a grand conspiracy are unfounded.

As are the claims of "unpopular ideas". Tacitus certainly is one who holds what you would call "unpopular ideas". Yet he was pos repped for his posts.

Why? Because he constructed valid arguments, and didn't strawman and ignore his way through threads, like certain people who shall remain nameless except you who I'm going to name, Travler, have done. When you first arrive, ignoring all valid counterargument, seeming not to actually read what either you or the other people are writing and generally being offensive is hardly the way to get accepted anywhere, not just in places where there is some sort of mysterious list of "permitted topics".
Wow, I did not realize you hated me so much.

BTW I was on the forums for over a year before even bothering to read what GD had. Your intolerence shines through just as I was told. So predictible. I wish you all the best and God Bless.

PS: I don't respond to every single one of your contensious nit picky points because to me it's mostly drivel. You seem beligerant to me.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:08   #113
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
IF someone doesnt agree with your opinion they just neg rep you, there's no such thing as freedom of speech in forums unless you want 1up members to neg rep you all day.
What?

There is very little limit on what you can say here - of course there is freedom of speech on the forums.

I could say that all the mods are twats and so is everyone else on the forums.

In fact, you know what?

I just did!

Noone will remove it or change it. That's freedom. At worst people will complain by neg-repping me.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:10   #114
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
Bad grammer, bad posts, bad yish bad yadda.

Seems to me this rep shite gets you kids all hot under the collar. Try f**k*** once in a while. Its much better when the shirts off.
I think you mean to say "It's much better when the shirt's off"!

I want to just get out my super teacher red pen and correct all your posts! My poor monitor has seen better days. It's now covered with biro
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:13   #115
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I am someone who argued against the rep system being implemented.

To be frank I never saw what it had to offer GD.
Days long gone, eh Yahwe?
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:15   #116
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
no I would not be.

this sort of idiotic post is why you are disliked. you can pretend that you are disliked because you are a christian all you want but frankly it is posts like this. presumptuous bollocks.
Geez, I am sorry if you felt insulted by this comment. Most Republicans in American act in a similar fashion to the way you act. They feel that they can buy their way in and out of anything. Some would take it as a complement and tribute to their wealth but you as usual resort to name calling. Do you even like yourself Yahwe? Perhaps the self loathing needs attention.

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 00:22   #117
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think you mean to say "It's much better when the shirt's off"!

I want to just get out my super teacher red pen and correct all your posts! My poor monitor has seen better days. It's now covered with biro
That's cool, as long as I can be covered in hope and vasoline, what the hell!
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 01:41   #118
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Looking to buy inner circle invite !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 01:52   #119
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I can't say that my grammar is perfect, being a non-native and all, but I've never got a negrep for it.

The only inner circle is the people who have been around for awhile and know eachother. It's not a conspiracy, nor is it a group of people who all share the same views on everything. It would be a pretty dull discussion forum if we all agreed, eh?
The thing is, I've frequented a lot of forums over the years, but GD is the only place I bother to check nowadays. And that is beacause of that "inner circle" or whatnot. GD gives interesting reads, debates and sometimes a touch of humour, and it's the people that inhabits it that makes it great. If you don't like them (as in the ZOG here), what is the point of fighting to fit in or complain about negrep?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 01:54   #120
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
You do realize that most of the people here dont even play the game anymore?
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 02:01   #121
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
You do realize that most of the people here dont even play the game anymore?
That is the real tragedy of GD.

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 02:03   #122
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
That is the real tragedy of GD.
Explain please.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 02:15   #123
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This is GD, not AD.

And I dont go round neg repping everyone who disagrees with 1up opinions. I negrep idiots. Although there is a correlation, there are exceptions.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 03:10   #124
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
This is GD, not AD.

And I dont go round neg repping everyone who disagrees with 1up opinions. I negrep idiots. Although there is a correlation, there are exceptions.
I got to admit it would be interesting to see maximillan and robban on GD just for a laugh.

Hopefully these of types threads in future will be reduced if not eliminated as soon as the Mods (namely JammyJim) sort out the Non anon rep system.
I will be damned if I am changing my nature of my posting to suit other people, you either like me or hate me, deal with it.

As for GD users not playing PA, each to their own.
What I do ask is to is to show the same tolerance towards PA players as it would be expected to show tolerance to Forum users lifestyle practises.
Examples would be homosexuality, christianity, and so forth.

Last edited by Paisley; 10 Jul 2006 at 03:25.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 10:35   #125
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Wow, I did not realize you hated me so much.
I don't hate you, I think you're a bit of a fool. There's a significant difference.

Quote:
BTW I was on the forums for over a year before even bothering to read what GD had. Your intolerence shines through just as I was told.
I'm reminded of the "controversy" a few years ago when some girl didn't get into Oxford to study medicine, and instead went over to America to study Biochemistry. She had, or was predicted, the top A-level grades, and a great broohaha was made of this. Oxford and Cambridge were criticised for being "elitist" institutions.

Tell me, what's the point of them if they are not elitist?

You can decide for yourself how this is relevent.

Quote:
PS: I don't respond to every single one of your contensious nit picky points because to me it's mostly drivel. You seem beligerant to me.
You didn't actually respond to any of my points. Furthermore, if you consider "People from outside the supposed inner circle have come in to be regarded as members of the inner circle, therefore the hypothesis that there exists an inner circle that rejects those outside it must be false" to be a nitpicky point, I dispair for anything you do in life which requires logic or understanding.

[edit]

As an intependent matter, as a courtesy from me to you, please try to remember that shouting "NO IT DOESN'T, I DIDN'T SAY DEM TINGS", like you have on several occasions previous, doesn't work on an internet forum, where we can see your posts for all eternity. I'd also advise you to stay clear of that in real life as well, as you'd just be being an arse.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 10 Jul 2006 at 11:41.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 10:39   #126
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Freedom of Speech doesn't mean speech without consequences. It means speech without punishment from the ruling body.

Let us assume that I am somewhere with Freedom of Speech. I am free to call everyone I meet a "stupid wanker", and I am free to do so. The consequence that people won't want to talk to me any more is not inconsistent with my right to say what I said.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 10:43   #127
JonnyBGood
Banned

Myself, tk, jer, snurx, cf all have at least a thousand posts on GD and play PA. There are loads more who post occasionally but manage not to come off like complete assholes. There are a few things people don't like. Blatant logical fallacies and a consistent inability to grasp basic spelling and grammar would be the two biggest ones. So people dislike poor ideas and people who communicate poorly. Given that this is a discussion forum I'd be rather worried if they didn't.

Of course then we have the wonderful alternative of travler's quite magnificent response to MrL's post. Lord knows a few more of those and I'll have to give myself a full frontal lobotomy just to make the hurting stop

Edit: Some time today or tomorrow I'm going to write a thread explaining logical fallacies.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:40   #128
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Overkill with Negative Rep

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Travler again.
((((((((((((((((
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 11:44   #129
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Logical fallusy? WTF¿

Anyway - on a serious note (really hard given the splitting headache I have today) I think this thread reached its criticall mass a few pages back. But allow me to summarize. Correct if wrong, but only if wrong.

Negrep does not make better posters (this is proven in abundance - the most negrepped people still post shit). They just make posters more determined to get their point proven. If you recieve negrep you should question your posts, not the people sending it, unless in specific cases where people just really hate you - wich happens more than enough. Most people prefer to be told publicly what is wrong with their post/point/train of logic than be stabbed in the back by a ´high rep power person´ (HRPP (c) xtra 2006) with the following comments ´ ´(yes nothing), ´OMG you are such a fag´ or ´please die´, wich makes up most of the negrep for some people. That is not the way it should be and we all seem to agree on this.

Did I forget anything? I feel we need to get this over with, you see.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:22   #130
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

inner circle my ass.. as i cant give pos rep to anyone (or neg for that matter) i dont care what other green blob morons negrep me with but its fun to get blank or unsigned ones... not.
are you so stupid that you actually do the effort to negrep a guy pls sign it or go back a wank the other green blob in the circle

the pep system is gay make it so the red blob guys can give red/green rep too so it make a diff to the forum mess here or remove it all together

peace out robban
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:27   #131
JonnyBGood
Banned

Now xtrasyn, that was a post with a definite lack of full stops or commas. Unfortunately robban last time I asked JJ we didn't have a way of making grey (as in non-effectual) blobs green or red (as in merely coloured). I think since then he found some vb gimmicks for the forums o maybe that's one of them. What you could do until then is just put the word pos or neg at the start of your rep.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:32   #132
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Well even to my drugged up, over-pornofied standards that was an oscenely bad post indeed, Jay.

But negrep I´ll not give it, as I don´t see how that would improve the poster... It would be a loss of DB resources.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:36   #133
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well even to my drugged up, over-pornofied standards that was an oscenely bad post indeed, Jay.

But negrep I´ll not give it, as I don´t see how that would improve the poster... It would be a loss of DB resources.
Most likely not however with this public discussion we can rather hope he'll be inspired to make his posts slightly more readable in future, sparing me the effort of deciphering his post with a slide-rule.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:46   #134
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not putting effort into formatting your posts is just rude =( It demonstrates a lack of respect for the people you want to read it, makes it harder to read whatever point you're trying to get across and is just a pain in the ass.

Whoever posrepped me for using [ list ][ /list ] tags gets it.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:48   #135
JonnyBGood
Banned

That's either 1-X or leshy and as leshy isn't around as much at the minute I'd put a solid wager on it being 1-X.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:53   #136
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Negrep does not make better posters (this is proven in abundance - the most negrepped people still post shit).
Doesn't follow, because that's exactly what you expect if the opposite was true (at least some of the time).

Let us consider four groups: good posters who pay attention to rep, good posters who don't, bad posters who do, bad posters who don't.

Your supposition is that only the "posters who don't" sections exist. However, I put it to you that, if the bad posters who do pay attention group does exist, they will, in a short space of time, become identical to the "good posters who do" group, which is (supposedly) the point of the system.

Therefore, your stated evidence is insufficient to support your assertion.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 12:54   #137
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
but its fun to get blank or unsigned ones... not.
You know when you're really out of touch when Mark Lawrenson uses that same idiom when commentating.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:06   #138
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
You know when you're really out of touch when Mark Lawrenson uses that same idiom when commentating.
who cares m8
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:15   #139
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey it turns out that the comment box is pretty big! I almost managed to fit a whole paragraph in that mother.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:26   #140
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
who cares m8
I'm hip to the down groove.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 13:55   #141
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd actually like to see Mark get down wiz some niggaz and shoot the shit out of central Cambridge.

Imagine it though; with their physical strength and drive-by shooting accuracy, and Mark's academic connections, intelligence and general evil genius propensity, he could set up the most successful and lucrative protection racket in history!
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 15:14   #142
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Doesn't follow, because that's exactly what you expect if the opposite was true (at least some of the time).

Let us consider four groups: good posters who pay attention to rep, good posters who don't, bad posters who do, bad posters who don't.

Your supposition is that only the "posters who don't" sections exist. However, I put it to you that, if the bad posters who do pay attention group does exist, they will, in a short space of time, become identical to the "good posters who do" group, which is (supposedly) the point of the system.
Are there any posters who've actually turned their rep around (large negative -> large positive)?
Quote:
Therefore, your stated evidence is insufficient to support your assertion.
I think the null hypothesis has to be that rep has no effect on post/poster quality and the burden of proof should be on those who assert that it does.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 15:39   #143
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Indeed your ´stated evidence is insufficient to support your assertion´.

(With all the effort I put in to speak english you´d expect others to be courteous enough to do so as well but this aside)

I must repeat, no it will not have any influence on post quality, and it will at best NOT have an adverse effect. In this thread there are numerous examples of people that do not know how to make a point even if there was a pencilsharpener in front of them, and if I would or would not negrep them does not influence that at all!

Ofcourse there are people that do learn a bit but they will only learn that the person who negrepped them is having a problem with them. Because rep is personal they will not have a window of comparison by discussing it in the open (the very reason these type of threads pop up every now and then), and that is in the very hypothetical case that the repper actually put in something constructive (and thus not ´lol fag omg ur so gay u oxfort twat´).
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 15:43   #144
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I must repeat, no it will not have any influence on post quality
I think the point is you don't know this to be true, and it's a bit rich to assume you speak for everyone else who has ever been neg repped. I agree that criticism of people (in whatever form) can entrench people's shitness but you can't say for definite that x or y will have no effect.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 15:46   #145
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Okay then I put in ´mostly´ a few times but then we´re there aren´t we.

(I have never seen anyone become smarter because the others said he was dumb. Maybe they were WRONG, but it did not make him any smarter in the end.)
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:13   #146
JonnyBGood
Banned

I've seen people become smarter because others told them they should learn more about something and told them how to go about it.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:17   #147
Marilyn Manson
Gone

lolers. Someone just neg-repped me for 'taking a thread off-topic.'

I've been doing that for the last five years.

I wouldn't mind, but the original, magnificent topic was JJ's GCSE certificates.

I mean, ffs.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:36   #148
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I've seen people become smarter because others told them they should learn more about something and told them how to go about it.
I´ve witnessed that first hand.

But those were people who really wanted to learn...
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:41   #149
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Are there any posters who've actually turned their rep around (large negative -> large positive)?
I don't know of any examples, but that doesn't really matter, to my mind at least; if the rep has any qualitative effect upon the person who receives it, it would probably do so before the poster acquired an enormous negative reputation (which takes not a short length of time to occur).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I think the null hypothesis has to be that rep has no effect on post/poster quality and the burden of proof should be on those who assert that it does.
The default position should be one of doubt; we neither have conclusive proof for or against the supposition, and indeed they are rather difficult to extricate from eachother, as I demonstrated. Neither hypothesis, to my mind at least, has sufficient evidence, although having said that there is a third alternative; that people, who when neg repped initially, leave not to return. This also has identical results to the above cases.

It is not helped that the general rep altering power of the community is enormous; we'd be able to see more divisions in the groups of people if there was some distinction between 11 green blobs and 5 red, but, alas, there seems not to be.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 16:48   #150
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

I just got back from vacation, and I tried to read this whole thread but frankly a lot of you are boring and shit.

Anyway, at no point did I see anyone point out the very obvious and relevant:
That post jt89as or whatever showed appeared to deserve neg-repping, as he makes it sound like he has no idea what procrastination is. Since the neg-rep for it recommends he work on his english, it seems to me to be rather constructive and whoever left it deserves a pat on the back.

anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Still, I'm pretty sure I've neg repped everyone in the top 50 posters. So I'm not really sure who is in the "inner circle" but it sounds rather gay so I presume Manson's involved.
just curious if i've ever gotten the official dante stamp of disapproval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
The reputation system is a good idea because it allows people to give others feedback without every thread having about twenty "lol gud 1" posts. The numerical score isnt particularly important - all that really matters is that its easy to leave private comments on posts. We could get rid of the 'reputation score' idea altogether, except that I think the current system makes people more likely to leave feedback, since you know that when you rep someone it actually counts for something (even if it's just changing numbers in a database).
i agree with the first part,

but to the second, the score system actually kind of discourages me from leaving comments because usually i'll just get a "spread some rep around." **** that.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote