User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 15 May 2007, 11:23   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Keep the Aspidistra Flying

Last night (after being inspired by George Orwell) I decided to send some of my writings off to some literary magazines. I was feeling really optimistic and my creative juices were flowing.

this morning I had recieved an e-mail saying they would like to use my work on-line (which wasn't going to be published in the magazine, but it's a start) and I was rather happy. I also sceptical. It said that it would take upto six weeks.

I was aware that if they took six weeks to reply then they wouldn't want to use it, but one day seemed a bit sudden. But hey, maybe I'm that good.

I had to go to the job centre so I delayed sending an e-mail to make sure they were serious. After (another) disasterous experiance there I returned home to compose said e-mail. I had new mail.

It was entitled 'mistake.' this did not seem to me to be a positive step forward. I was bracing myself but all morning I was unable to see this as anything other than some kind of step forward so I was not fully prepared for the contents of this so-called 'mistake'.

Basically, it said

Sorry Graig*, I sent you an acceptance mail, but I have looked at your work carefully and find it does not fit what I have in mind for PNG. In the main I like what your write, please keep in touch.

Best,
Pasquale

Needless to say what was keeping my day from turning into an absolute myriad** of dispair was instantly wiped from beneath my feet and the literary feeling I had on the bus home has come crashing to the ground and my 5-a-day plan for writing seems to have come to an abrupt halt before it even began.

So what's your most recent disappointment?

*yes, the bastards couldn't even spell my name correctly
** sup horn
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote