User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 17:23   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
there is no point in smoking cannabis alone, its just pathetic tbh. I see no reason why it isnt as socially frowned upon as drinking alone.

Oh, that and the fact that the effects of cannabis are highly overexaggerated on the internet, on TV, and from most peoples second hand stories. Its a different feeling, but in general, there is no real difference from being moderately drunk.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 17:26   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
That depends on what type of cannabis, just as different types of alkohol has different effects.
I mean, the difference between weed and hash is pretty big, and different types of weed gives different effects. Plus, you got skunk/pot and all that too.
Also, the effects are different from each and every person, everybody got a uniqe tolerance for different things, and thus, different effects.

Smoking cannabis alone is not neccesarily bad, as it is a exelent painkiller, for instance. It's the best cure for hangovers that i've found, for example.
Smoking to get to the floor alone is stupid. But smoking alone is not different from taking a paracet alone. If that's why you're using it, of course.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:03   #3
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
The affects of cannabis arent the same as alcohol and I dont see why smoking it alone is frowned apon. Smoking a cigarette alone is allowed and for most cannabis users both situations are the same. Most people dont smoke weed to get ****ed (teenagers/students not included ofc)

And yes the cons of smoking weed out weigh the pros no matter what any pot head tells you.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:16   #4
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Smoking canabis in moderation is not particularly bad for your health, and brings pleasure to many. It's effects (positive or negative) aren't particularly more dramatic than a nights drinking.
Not quite, didums.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:23   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Not quite, didums.
Cannabis 'worse than tobacco'

Did you READ my post? Where the hell did I compare tobacco to cannabis?

A nights drinking (which is what actually I did compare it to) can land you up in hospital (and does, regularly) and indeed causes many, many deaths per annum. In addition, the long term effects are pretty bad. If anything, I was underplaying the dangers of alcohol.

Smoking cannabis probably does increase your chance of dying of lung cancer slightly. Eating red meat increases your chance of dying of heart disease. Both of them I'd say weren't particular risks to your health though. Binge drinking (which is the analogy I bring up) definitely is, in the short and long term.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:29   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

A nights drinking (which is what actually I did compare it to) can land you up in hospital (and does, regularly) and indeed causes many, many deaths per annum. In addition, the long term effects are pretty bad. If anything, I was underplaying the dangers of alcohol.

Smoking cannabis probably does increase your chance of dying of lung cancer slightly. Eating red meat increases your chance of dying of heart disease. Both of them I'd say weren't particular risks to your health though. Binge drinking (which is the analogy I bring up) definitely is, in the short and long term.
Ban salt! All newspapers owned by the government! All power to the communes!
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:31   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Ban salt! All newspapers owned by the government! All power to the communes!
Commie #1 : After the revolution, everyone will eat strawberries and cream.
Commie #2 : But...comrade, I don't like strawberries and cream.
Commie #1 : After the revolution, everyone will eat strawberries and cream.

p.s. I like salt.
p.p.s. All power to the soviets.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:45   #8
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

I havent had anything to smoke for 3 weeks today \o/
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:51   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
The affects of cannabis arent the same as alcohol and I dont see why smoking it alone is frowned apon. Smoking a cigarette alone is allowed and for most cannabis users both situations are the same. Most people dont smoke weed to get ****ed (teenagers/students not included ofc)
thats retarded. Its an illegal drug used to give pleasure. and most people dont use it to "get ****ed"? absolute bull****. Thats like only eating half of a pie because i was eating it for the taste rather than because i was hungry.

If you dont smoke cannabis to get "stoned", theres even less point than usual. Thats just as pointless as smoking a fag. (Which i frown upon too, fag smoking is beyond me, and fag smoking alone is just.. word.)

Cannabis and alcohol dont give identical feelings but its one of the same really. They both make you stupider, slurrier, less coordinated, things are funnier, etc.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:37   #10
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
thats retarded. Its an illegal drug used to give pleasure. and most people dont use it to "get ****ed"? absolute bull****. Thats like only eating half of a pie because i was eating it for the taste rather than because i was hungry.

If you dont smoke cannabis to get "stoned", theres even less point than usual. Thats just as pointless as smoking a fag. (Which i frown upon too, fag smoking is beyond me, and fag smoking alone is just.. word.)

Cannabis and alcohol dont give identical feelings but its one of the same really. They both make you stupider, slurrier, less coordinated, things are funnier, etc.
I have been a regular cannabis smoker for the last 6 years, I dont smoke so I pass out surrounded by pretty colours, I smoke to relax after work and to chill over the weekend, 90% of the people I know are the same.

As with alcohol, theres a difference betweeen havng 12 pints after work each night and having a couple. Most people who have grown past being a student dont have 12 pints/spliffs every night.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:46   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
I have been a regular cannabis smoker for the last 6 years, I dont smoke so I pass out surrounded by pretty colours, I smoke to relax after work and to chill over the weekend, 90% of the people I know are the same.

As with alcohol, theres a difference betweeen havng 12 pints after work each night and having a couple. Most people who have grown past being a student dont have 12 pints/spliffs every night.
i completely and utterly fail to see the point. Fags / Cannabis makes you smell disgusting, makes your breath taste disgusting.

Fags have no point.

Cannabis however, can be smoked in degrees to cause various effects. Im not saying you should be lying in a hospital bed to have "experienced" it, but surely if your going to go to the trouble, the cost, and the effort of smoking cannabis, not forgetting the fact your breaking the law in most countries, you might as well cause an effect on yourself to some degree.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:49   #12
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
i completely and utterly fail to see the point. Fags / Cannabis makes you smell disgusting, makes your breath taste disgusting.

Fags have no point.

Cannabis however, can be smoked in degrees to cause various effects. Im not saying you should be lying in a hospital bed to have "experienced" it, but surely if your going to go to the trouble, the cost, and the effort of smoking cannabis, not forgetting the fact your breaking the law in most countries, you might as well cause an effect on yourself to some degree.
"and most people dont use it to "get ****ed"? absolute bull****. "

i was pointing out the fact that you were wrong, tis all
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:56   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

this is when you bring out your oh so macho definition of "****ed" in drugs terms being when your paraletic or close to death

i meant "****ed" to mean when the drugs, or when alcohol takes an effect. not just tipsy, or dizzy, but drunk, or stoned.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:08   #14
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
this is when you bring out your oh so macho definition of "****ed" in drugs terms being when your paraletic or close to death

i meant "****ed" to mean when the drugs, or when alcohol takes an effect. not just tipsy, or dizzy, but drunk, or stoned.
thats what i mean, most weed smokers over the age of 23 smoke to relax rather than get stoned. Cannabis is a misunderstood drug by non smokers. People immediately think "Its an illegal drug, when you use it you become incoherent and starting stealing things" which simple isnt true.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:10   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
You can't even compare cannabis to alkohol, as the effects are waay to different. It would be like comparing pizza whit milk, it's simply too stupid.
Sorry deff
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:12   #16
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
You can't even compare cannabis to alkohol, as the effects are waay to different. It would be like comparing pizza whit milk, it's simply too stupid.
Sorry deff
he is simply not wise to the world of drugs, life experience will teach him in time
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:35   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Sorry deff
Drowsiness?

Cannabis: Yes
Alcohol: Yes

Poor co-ordination?

Slurriness of speech?

Slower?

Able to drive when under influence?

Cannabis: No
Alcohol: No

oh look, a large number of accurate comparisons

sorry snurx.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:38   #18
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
some uninformed comparisons
have you ever smoked weed on a regular basis or at all ?
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:42   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I don't know what i smoked, but after that night I am certain that cannabis is bad and alcohol is infinitely superior.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:44   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
thats what i mean, most weed smokers over the age of 23 smoke to relax rather than get stoned. Cannabis is a misunderstood drug by non smokers. People immediately think "Its an illegal drug, when you use it you become incoherent and starting stealing things" which simple isnt true.
And where the hell is there a difference between "relaxed" "stoned" and "****ed" ?

To relax, i sit in a ****ing chair. Or take off my jacket.

Now here you have crossed two lines.

I presume you are either 23 or 24, because youve used a strange defining line, usually done by people trying to distance themselves from others in a condescending manner.

Congratulations, your an agist.

Also you presume im a non smoker. I was retarded enough to smoke cigarettes when i was younger, thankfully i snapped out of it. Part of the reason was that now im slightly older, cannabis is easier to attain. I smoke dope when im at parties, and i smoke whatever i have to a point where i stop, or i smoke other peoples stuff. or we share, you get the point.

Claiming your precious little drug is misunderstood is laughable.

And i didnt say it makes you steal things. But it does make you incoherent, and it does make you stupider. Just like alcohol.

Quote:
he is simply not wise to the world of drugs, life experience will teach him in time
Go **** yourself you pretentious wank

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:48   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
have you ever smoked weed on a regular basis or at all ?
Yes, and yes. The last time? Four or five nights ago at a party.

I dont see it as a boast, i dont see it as anything special. Talking about alcohol is bad enough, but talking about dope is just ****.

Some "uninformed comparisons".

Yeah, right. Im beginning to wonder if someones been selling you Oxo cubes for six years

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 20:59   #22
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
*ramble*
Smoking weed at parties in no way what so ever makes you know about the drug in any way.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:01   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Smoking weed at parties in no way what so ever makes you know about the drug in any way.
whereas not answering anything properly and being a smug twat means you know everything, of course.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:02   #24
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
whereas not answering anything properly and being a smug twat means you know everything, of course.
im not going to contiue this as its both off-topic and you clearly dont know much about cannabis
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:07   #25
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
what do you want answered ? as a seasoned smoker I will be glad to help
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:08   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

no, your not going to continue it because you cant. You cant argue with me, because you think the DF3 "your wrong but i wont say why but i can honest mister" approach is working for you.

As it stands in this thread, i appear to know more about cannabis than you, as you arent willing to impart your "knowledge"

I suppose i have to sit alone in a dark room and smoke cannabis to "know anything about it".

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:09   #27
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
no, your not going to continue it because you cant. You cant argue with me, because you think the DF3 "your wrong but i wont say why but i can honest mister" approach is working for you.

As it stands in this thread, i appear to know more about cannabis than you, as you arent willing to impart your "knowledge"

I suppose i have to sit alone in a dark room and smoke cannabis to "know anything about it".
dude you're going off on one, theres no need to get worked up, let me help you understand
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:10   #28
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Drowsiness?

Poor co-ordination?

Cannabis: no

Slurriness of speech?

Cannabis: no

Slower?

Able to drive when under influence?

Cannabis:yes
Alcohol: No
I just put a no where i thought it would fit. Of course this is the effects i feel, and they are in no way universal.
Some more comparisons. Also, it depends on how much i've smoked. But, now im talking about how much i usually smoke.

Drunk people absoluteley CANT listen to music. They just go over, turn the speakers on full, and let it skar and make awfull noises and stuff. While high/stoned, i always play the music in a softer way, just beacause i listen more, and pay more attention to detail.

Drunk people figth all the time. I've been in countless figths while drunk, NONE while stoned. Not one. And im pretty "aggresive", im told.

Drunk people can't talk properly. I can, almost no matter how stoned i am.

Drunk people usually get sick the day after, and often while drinking too. People who smoke cannabis usually feel better, more relaxed and less painfull. It's the best painkiller i know.
Mixing the two, thought, (for me at least, when i've been drinking before smoking) usually gives me a type of sickness.

Drunk people are always stupid. When you're smoking, youre not neccesarrily stupider, just slower, beacause you focus your thought on one or two thoughts, instead of normal where you process much in few seconds. The difference, is that while drunk, you always act stupid, but while stoned, you merely seems stupid. Some of the most "genius" scetches i've done (most stylish, best flow, cooles letters, im talking graffiti here) i've done while stoned. If i even try to make tags while drunk, it just gets ugly as hell.

I can go on and on for hours.
And, i have very much experience whit this "drug". Too much, as you can misuse this "drug" to a great extent if you really want to..

So, Mong, how did the meeting go?
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 21:11   #29
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I've been hit by stoned guy, but that was probably more to do with him being a ****ing ****.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:21   #30
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
<snip> Its a different feeling, but in general, there is no real difference from being moderately drunk.

well, currently moderate alcohol use (ie: 1 glass of wine/day) is considered "healthy" whereas some

recent studies indicate an increased susceptibility to mental illnesses like schizophrenia for regular cannabis users
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:30   #31
Snurx
Dirte

(copy pasted as a reply to the last entry in the promotion thread )

But, then, were simply back at the different effects per type user and per type hash/weed.
It's as simple as that, and whit that in mind, the original thing about "it's stupid to smoke alone" solely depends on the user and the amount consumed.

Oh, and on the creativity thing, it's not just a figment of my imaganation. I work better, but slower, when stoned, as im much more able to focus my thougths on a single idea over a longer period of time.

Music-wise, i don't know about stoner music. Im talking all genres. When i'm stoned, i turn the volume down, just to hear the music better, and enjoy it more.When im drunk, i pump up the volume, only really caring about noise and the bass.

Also, im often slower when stoned. But, not beacause im stupid, as im while drinking, but beacause, im just more "laid back".

Driving after smoking a joint is fine, driving after a six-pac of beer is not. That is, in my eyes, comparable amounts.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:36   #32
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually there is another study on that same link that indicates that a marijuanna smoker may be a more cautious driver than one who has had a drink
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:45   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

driving on either is not good. thats surely not up for debate

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:47   #34
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
trust me, there is sum stuff out there that will floor you after one J, so no-one can say being drunk is worse.

i think that recreational drug usage is fine, i mean, how is large amounts of ganja different from large amounts of alcohol?
cannabis only became illegial in 1912 i believe, so it has been smoked in the uk for ages.

properly made, regulated, taxed and sold, cannabis could become what alcohol or tobacco is, widely accepted due to the fact it's been around a long time.

but, for my 2 pennys, the best thing about being stoned is going into a lesson and arguing totally mashed out of your skull about some completly random thing you don't have a bloody clue, then giggling throughout the counter argument...
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:48   #35
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Talon
Actually there is another study on that same link that indicates that a marijuanna smoker may be a more cautious driver than one who has had a drink
90% of the lifts i get around reading are from people who smoke on the way, they drive perfectly normally
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:55   #36
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Not to Deffeh: Come back when you know what you're talking about.

Oh and read my last reply in the "Promotion" post.

Innit

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:58   #37
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Talon
If you've had a little smoke, then you are naturally more aware of your surroundings. It's true, and your reactions aren't particularly slowed either. However you do tend to get distracted more easily.

It's very very very rare I drive on drink/skunk. And when I say "drive", I mean after one joint or one drink. I never drive over the drink limit, or any theoretical drug limit.

I'm a sensible chap who does the odd illegal substance, in strict moderation.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:01   #38
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:

You didnt, but:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks but deleted cos he knew it was a pile of bollocks
Smoking canabis in moderation is not particularly bad for your health, and brings pleasure to many.

Quote:
Smoking cannabis probably does increase your chance of dying of lung cancer slightly.
Tabacco increases risk of any number of diseases not just lung cancer by 14 times! And canabis is as bad, if not worse. I think 'slightly' is not an acurate word to use...

And will you please stop using the 'canabis is ok cos it's safer than alcohol' arguement plz.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:06   #39
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Tabacco increases risk of any number of diseases not just lung cancer by 14%!
I think that's lies.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:13   #40
StaticX

StaticX is an unknown quantity at this point
It can now be acquired legally on prescription for medical use in Canada.
Barney is singing about, dancing away the blues, while a racially balanced group of mutant children twitch arrhythmically behind him. And you wonder why rock stars throw TV sets from hotel-room windows.
StaticX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:18   #41
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Tabacco increases risk of any number of diseases not just lung cancer by 14 times! And canabis is as bad, if not worse. I think 'slightly' is not an acurate word to use...
indeed, smoking the weed is worse for you than smoking the tobacco alone. (weed burns at a higher temperature and 99% of the time there is no filter to cut out alot of the crap a normal cigarette does)
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:21   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
Remember, this is Deffeh, who smokes cannabis prolifically, but is not a stoner.
i never said that, i merely answered the questions put to me. I would never ever be as pretentious as to label myself as a "stoner", a term that has no boundaries. Now that you mention it, i wouldnt call myself a "prolific" smoker of it. I know how to roll, i know how to smoke. Apparently it seems im one of the few that likes the affect more than the stigma.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:24   #43
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php...hima&ID=158503
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:27   #44
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I think that's lies.
http://www.ash.org.uk/html/factsheets/html/fact02.html
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:37   #45
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Not to Deffeh: Come back when you know what you're talking about.

Oh and read my last reply in the "Promotion" post.

Innit

M.
so your continuing the Kumnaa line of "Your wrong. end of story" ?

Whats the point in smoking one small joint? Its not going to do anything to you, youve in effect wasted your time, and your supplies.

I cant see how what im saying is difficult to explain. We use drugs and alcohol to provoke a response from our bodies - different levels of response yes, but a response.

So i dont understand why some people insist on drinking _one_ can of beer if they dont intend to follow it up. Why not take a nice cold cola? It tastes nicer, its cheaper, and healthier.

And if cannabis isnt addictive, why bother smoking one at all on its own?

To me this is like, having a wank and then giving up 2 minutes in. Or putting food in your mouth then spitting it out before swallowing it.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:40   #46
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Quote:
To me this is like, having a wank and then giving up 2 minutes in.
OMG THAT WOULD BE A HORRIBLE THING TO DO!!!
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:41   #47
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
so your continuing the Kumnaa line of "Your wrong. end of story" ?

Whats the point in smoking one small joint? Its not going to do anything to you, youve in effect wasted your time, and your supplies.

I cant see how what im saying is difficult to explain. We use drugs and alcohol to provoke a response from our bodies - different levels of response yes, but a response.

So i dont understand why some people insist on drinking _one_ can of beer if they dont intend to follow it up. Why not take a nice cold cola? It tastes nicer, its cheaper, and healthier.

And if cannabis isnt addictive, why bother smoking one at all on its own?

To me this is like, having a wank and then giving up 2 minutes in. Or putting food in your mouth then spitting it out before swallowing it.
it is something you will understand with experience, most of us thought the same thing at your age, just give it a couple of years
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:43   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php...hima&ID=158503
excellent

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:58   #49
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
it is something you will understand with experience, most of us thought the same thing at your age, just give it a couple of years
you really arent getting me. im not against using it for an effect.

If you dont do something to have a point, there is no point.

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:59   #50
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
And will you please stop using the 'canabis is ok cos it's safer than alcohol' arguement plz.
I never said cannabis was OK because it's safer than alcohol. Remember, I think heroin should be freely available for anyone over 12 so safety isn't something I'm overly concerned with.

I've got no particular feelings toward cannabis either way (I think I've smoked 4 times in my life - 2 cigarettes and 2 joints of cannabis). What I do reject is :
[a] Pointless health worrying.
[b] People who externalise their opinions to the point where they seem to think they are objective. Drinking heavily, or smoking pot, or taking LSD all obviously have "benefits" to their users in the form of enjoyment. They wouldn't do it otherwise.

"Oh no, they've been brainwashed into thinking it's cool. They're not really enjoying it."

Negative stereotyping of drug users ("Oh, you smoke drugs alone so you're obviously a drain on society") or rejection of individual choice ("You are only smoking drugs to be cool") is the road to totalitarianism.