User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 May 2004, 17:39   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
[Football] Next season... ?

These days with the world of bosman you kinda know what's already going to happen so I'm going to ponder about certain things for next season.

Like....

How will Celtic manage without their 40-50 goal a season man?

How will Man Utd fair with Rio Ferdinand back in the fold (even more so if they pick up Woodgate who I would think would rather hang out with his old teammate than a bunch of foreigners down in london).

Who the **** will be managing tottenham and will it make a ****ing difference?

Will Arsenal replace Lehmann?

Who will own and who will be managing Sheff Wed Next season (I'm betting on Bates and Ranieri)

Will Bobby Robson retire?

What about you?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:42   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: [Football] Next season... ?

Fine

2nd

**** knows and yes.

No

Bates, someone who isn't Ranieri.

No
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:44   #3
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I'm sure they'll still win it, but not by as much or as early or as easily.

Quote:
How will Man Utd fair with Rio Ferdinand back in the fold (even more so if they pick up Woodgate who I would think would rather hang out with his old teammate than a bunch of foreigners down in london).
Wouldnt you sooner go to the Champions? I think Arsenal might make it their 1st back to back next season.

Quote:
Someone shit - probably George Graham again!! No difference made!!

Quote:
They've said they wont. Is their young keeper fit again soon? Maybe he'll get a look in. also I expect Jans to be severely punished by Arsene in private if he fks up with anger.

Quote:
Who will own and who will be managing Sheff Wed Next season (I'm betting on Bates and Ranieri)
Bates and no way Ranieri! Danny Wilson again!? Dunno dont care!!

Quote:
No

How will the newly prmoted do? Maybe West Brom will stay up, just.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:57   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Celtic should buy Kevin Phillips.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:59   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Because as a team celtic havent scored >100 goals in the league this season?!
Unread 15 May 2004, 18:23   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I'm sure they'll find someone to bag 20 goals a season for them, hopefully it will be Yorke.

Quote:
If he moves i would expect him to go to Man U as well, if simply for the reason that Man U can still out buy Arsenal. That would them a pretty solid defence, all they need now is a right winger and someone to replace RvN if he goes to Madrid.

Quote:
Ranieri, he wont drop from nanaging a team in the Champs League semi to a 2nd div club. They probably wont flirt with relegation next season, but until they stop acting like Champions league contenders they probably wont achieve anything more than their usual mid table mediocrity.

Quote:
Wenger has already said he wont.

Quote:
Bates will buy them. No idea on the manager. Reid maybe?

Quote:
No and he wont get sacked either.

Quote:
What about you?
I'm pretty good thanks, yourself?
Unread 15 May 2004, 18:52   #7
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

Just fine I think.

Quote:
No difference at all.

Quote:
Look here.

Quote:
A team cannot replace a keeper. However, another keeper can replace him.

Quote:
Everyone's saying Bates but I think someone else. As for manager, I never cared about who'll take over as manager for them. They might as well fade into the lower divisions.

Quote:
Doubt it. Loves his job more than anything. I want to put a bet that Fergie retires by the end of the new season. I think he's lost his tactical genius status in English football.

Quote:
What about you?
I should be playing for a local team since I'm getting notorius as a goalkeeper. Then I'll switch for a professional team. Leyton Orient, here I come.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 19:14   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Bates will buy them. No idea on the manager. Reid maybe?
Isnt he at Coventry or am I bein dumb?! (probably!)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 19:18   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

No you're right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/3681639.stm
Unread 15 May 2004, 19:34   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Oh well i'll have to think of someone else.
Unread 15 May 2004, 19:45   #11
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

No-one else have any pondering thoughts about next season?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 15 May 2004, 20:01   #12
JC
lolly roffle

Not sure who will win the Premiership next year. Arsenal have never done the double and i can see Ferguson making some big signings this year to make up for what has been a pretty poor season for them. If they lose Ruud to Real though they will be struggling to find a replacement.

If Ranieri stays at Chelsea then they have a chance next year but i very much doubt he will, which will mean a host of summer signings and probably rule out their chances because they wont gel fast enough.

It looks like Liverpool are going to reject the Moore's bid and go with this Thai bloke, which seems idiotic to me. Moore is a proper Liverpool fan who wants to inject cash into the club and start the process of making some much needed changes to the management team and players. Instead the board will go with a Thai bloke who only knows 1 Liverpool player and has no interest in the club other than its name as a brand. That means Houlier will stay as manager and bring in some more overpriced players (Cisse), meaning that Liverpool will be in a battle for 4/5th again next season.

Newcastle should do better next season if they dont get as many injuries. However, if they sell Woodgate they will be flirting with relegation if Mr Bramble has anything to do with it.

Birmingham will be a force to be reckoned with again next year. Forsell for another year, Dunn might be back fit if he doesnt slip on his McDonald's burger wrapper and at least £10 mil to spend in the summer.

I've mentioned in another thread somewhere that i think Rovers will be challenging for 6th place next season . I can always blabber on about that is you insist.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:16   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
It looks like Liverpool are going to reject the Moore's bid and go with this Thai bloke, which seems idiotic to me. Moore is a proper Liverpool fan who wants to inject cash into the club and start the process of making some much needed changes to the management team and players. Instead the board will go with a Thai bloke who only knows 1 Liverpool player and has no interest in the club other than its name as a brand
Moore is valuing the club at half the board expect, and half of what the 'Thai bloke' is offering.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:21   #14
JC
lolly roffle

That means the board value the club at something like £120mil?

Chelsea didnt cost that when Abromovich bought them and they were more successful than Liverpool and in a better location. Liverpool are a bit like Spurs, they are living in the past.

Anyway i was just pointing out that i think accepting Moore's big would put them in a much better position than taking the easy route out with this Thai guy (sorry i cant be arsed to go find his name).
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:24   #15
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Chris Turner is a quality coach, i think he's already kicked 10 players out, if sheff wed have any sense then they will stick with him

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:24   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Chelski were a week away from administration.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:25   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Relegation battle me up next season, moosh.

Must buy Smertin and Lua though.

ONE MILAN
WITH ARRY N' JIM
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:26   #18
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Newcastle should do better next season if they dont get as many injuries. However, if they sell Woodgate they will be flirting with relegation if Mr Bramble has anything to do with it.
they'll struggle to match this season a mon avis. I cant c them finishing above chelsea, liverpool, arsenal or man utd.

Boro might do quite well if they hand on to mcclarn and sign a centre forward

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:31   #19
JC
lolly roffle

I wouldnt expect them to finish above Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea, but i see no reason why they shouldnt be challenging for 4th with Liverpool. If they hadnt been hit by injuries in the last few weeks they would have finished 4th this season.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:37   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All depends on what Liverpool spend their money on really - Cisse at £14M is an utter rip off considering Arsenal got Reyes for comparable money.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:38   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
That means the board value the club at something like £120mil?
It's not an offer for the club per se, it's offers for shares. Of the £60m he's offering, only £30m is earmarked for these shares, the rest is for the team building. The shares are supposedly valued at £60m.

ps.

Abramovich bought Chelsea for £1 or something stupid like that.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:42   #22
JC
lolly roffle

Heh, i thought he bought it for £60 mil or something in that region. My bad.

Oh well i'll look forward to seeing who Houlier brings in next season to entertain the Kop.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:42   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Heh, i thought he bought it for £60 mil or something in that region. My bad.
Well, maybe not quite that low, but the substantial investment was the debts of £80m.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:44   #24
JC
lolly roffle

Yep now i remember it was the debts that cost him all the money not the actual buying of the club. I was getting myself all confussled.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:47   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yep now i remember it was the debts that cost him all the money not the actual buying of the club. I was getting myself all confussled.
He'll probably have invested close to £1,000m in 4 years time. £250-300m this yeah, and probably a similar spending spree next summer, getting rid of the dead wood (gronkjaer) and getting in some world class players (Beckham, Joaquin, Robben (well, in a few years)).

If they get rid of Lampard, it'll be a mistake.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:48   #26
Evergreen
the merciless

heh may I add that Birmingham are probably buying the horridly overrated Heskey which means Clinton Morrison will kick up hell and piss up birminghams season until he's sold on.

On the flipside let's see if Cisse can be another heskey in the making.

Unread 15 May 2004, 20:58   #27
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
If they get rid of Lampard, it'll be a mistake.
Abromovich knows **** all about football but surely his advisors will tell him that Lampard has been their best player. If they do get rid of him they wont be able to replace him no matter how much they are willing to pay.
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:02   #28
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
All depends on what Liverpool spend their money on really - Cisse at £14M is an utter rip off considering Arsenal got Reyes for comparable money.
he's after joey barton and wright-phillips. dawson from forest too

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:11   #29
JC
lolly roffle

Once again he is spending money on unproven players or players that simply arent Champs League standard.

Barton is best mates with Gerrard, i cant think of any other reason Liverpool would buy him. Wright-phillips is a good player, but if you want to compete with the best you need to be buying the best. Dawson has the potential to be a great player, but he needs time to mature so i cant see him being at the heart of Liverpool's defence next year.
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:20   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Cause Reyes has done what?

I agree with Sunday on Birmingham, except that I'd expect Emile Heskey to have a good season in a blue shirt, i suspect he plays better in a smaller pond

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:21   #31
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Gerrard will probably make Barton look quite good in midfield, but then i'd look good if i had gerrard in the team, he sounded awsome 2nd half today

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:40   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
He has shown promise for one so young jumping in mid-season at Arsenal.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:24   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Reyes has scored some fantastic goals, and everyone knows what skill he has.

He wasn't bought for this season though, he was bought for next. And the one after. And the one after that. And so on.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:33   #34
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Will arsenal fair as well next season as we did this season?

Will new management at spurs be able to take advantage of the wealth of talent they have?

Will Gerrard and Owen stick with that team of deadbeats?

Will Chelseas new manager trim down the squad, removing half the shit Ranieri signed before spending another £200m or so.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:36   #35
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Not that it makes much difference but Moore is the current owner, it was Steve Morgan who had his bid rejected. I also thought that his offer was for more? He was offering to underwrite a £73mil share issue while the Thai bloke was offering £60mil, both for 30% of the club.

Personally I would reject both offers though. Liverpool have spent a lot of money recently so it isn't so much more investment needed it is just a wiser choice of purchases.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:36   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Will Chelseas new manager trim down the squad, removing half the shit Ranieri signed before spending another £200m or so.
The only bad signing was Veron, imo.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:38   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Abromovich knows **** all about football but surely his advisors will tell him that Lampard has been their best player. If they do get rid of him they wont be able to replace him no matter how much they are willing to pay.
There's problems with signing a new contract, it seems that Chelsea don't want to pay him as much as 'some of the new signings' (Mutu, Crespo and Veron in other words). I suspect if they don't give him a new contract he'll put in a transfer request, because all the clubs in Italy want him (I've seen quotes from Inter, AC and Juve that say that he's desired)
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:43   #38
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The only bad signing was Veron, imo.
I dont think Ranieri made many bad signings, but he bought a LOT of people who I'd consider squad players. I dont doubt their individual abilitys, but I'd not consider them to be outstanding either.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:48   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I dont think Ranieri made many bad signings, but he bought a LOT of people who I'd consider squad players. I dont doubt their individual abilitys, but I'd not consider them to be outstanding either.
Well, I wouldn't have bought Makelele, I'd have gone with Parker throughout (Lampard + Parker central midfield = godlike), and he really needed a right winger, and a centre back. Almost all of his purchases were english youth though.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:50   #40
Rids
The Bad Guy

Mutu, despite showing a lot of early promise, seems to have regressed a great deal.
Geremi was a waste of money.
Crespo, I just dont see him being a worthwhile investment.
Duff, is outstanding, but injured way too much (((
Makele has proven to be toss.

I agree with you on Lampard and Parker in the middle, I'd personally stick Joe Cole infront of them though, playing the Zola / Bergkamp role.
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:58   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Oh, I forgot Geremi. He wasn't too good. Crespo has been pretty good, he's scored one for every two starts, and he hasn't had a run in the side.
Unread 15 May 2004, 23:48   #42
Blastoderm
________

I've read somewhere that Chelsea will not go on a spending spree this summer. However, they'll be releasing some of their players to make way for more new young English top guns. I'm looking around 5 players to be brought in and 6-7 will leave.
Unread 15 May 2004, 23:51   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I've read somewhere that Chelsea will not go on a spending spree this summer. However, they'll be releasing some of their players to make way for more new young English top guns. I'm looking around 5 players to be brought in and 6-7 will leave.
If I were chelsea, I'd get (or try to get):

Beckham
Joaquin
Gerrard
Samuel
Saviola/Tevez
Ronaldinho

And let Gronkjaer, Hasselbaink, Veron, Desailly and Makelele go.

[edit]

Maybe send Cole out on loan too.
Unread 15 May 2004, 23:54   #44
Blastoderm
________

From what I know/heard:

Beckham
Samuel
Emerson

And Gronkjaer, Hasselhoff, Desailly, Melchiot, Babayaro to go.
Unread 15 May 2004, 23:57   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
From what I know/heard:

Beckham
Samuel
Emerson

And Gronkjaer, Hasselhoff, Desailly, Melchiot, Babayaro to go.
I'd get rid of Melchiot if they could get Puyol, but that's not happening. Babayaro is an ok understudy to Bridge.

Emerson instead of Gerrard would do if you couldn't get Gerrard, and some people say Samuel's signed for Chelsea, others have said they're doing a 3 in 1 sale to Madrid with Totti and someone else who I forget.

We're also forgetting people that Mourinho's going to bring from Porto, but the shopping list IS:

CB/RM/CM/CF
Unread 16 May 2004, 00:05   #46
Blastoderm
________

CB - Samuel
RM - Beckham
CM - Emerson
CF - well they could try to get Ronaldo
Unread 16 May 2004, 00:10   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Ronaldinho would probably be the best bet for CF. (Well, more of the Zola role).
Unread 16 May 2004, 00:12   #48
Blastoderm
________

You're definitely right.
Unread 16 May 2004, 11:08   #49
JC
lolly roffle

Beckham comes as a package with Ronaldo according to Ronnie. If that happens Man U will lose RvN.

Chelsea have already got Robben, who i guess is Duff's replacement when he is injured. Maybe he can play on the right as well? I dont know much about him tbh.

Isnt Melchiot on a bosman this summer?

If Chelsea are going to continue this trend of buying the best young British talent they might get Woodgate, as well as Samuel and Gallas can always play at right back if needed.

Looks like Lampar is leaving, so Chelsea are pretty screwed in midfield unless they get Gerrard, Viera (no chance), Emerson or Beckham (play him at CM).
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:40   #50
Blastoderm
________

Melchiot is on a bosman this summer.

And I doubt Lampard is leaving. He'll get his £80,000 a week that he's asking for.