User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 18 May 2008, 09:10   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Wallpaper

I know this is a really, really shit question but I can't remember what to do.

I have a wallpaper which I can only see for a brief moment, whilst my laptop is shutting down.

What do I do to show it all of the time?

Thanks.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2008, 11:17   #2
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Wallpaper

Go to

Control Panel > Display
Click the desktop tab, then browse to the file you want displayed

I hope its as easy as that if not you'll have to a bit more informative

Do you not have the file and want to get the image from the shut down screen, or is it as simple as setting a desktop background?

If you are using an XP theme then as far as i know you'll need some method of extracting the image from the theme (not sure how sorry) might be a registry method

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"

Last edited by [DW]Entropy; 28 May 2008 at 11:27.
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2008, 22:49   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i think you are on about the logon wallpaper.
Get yourself the tweakui / tweakxp powertoy from microsoft and set it via that
Unread 29 May 2008, 19:03   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I know this sounds a little abstract but this is the problem:

My desktop wallpaper is 'behind' the colour set as my background.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 30 May 2008, 01:43   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

like i said, it sounds like the logon wallpaper.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx is a link to some powertoys, you want tweakui to alter it.
You can find out what the filename is from that if you wanted to as well, and use that to set the desktop wallpaper in the regular manner (via control panel, display, etc)
Alternatively you could use something like picasa to scan your hard disk for image files, and find out that way

Last edited by Phil^; 30 May 2008 at 02:29.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2008, 12:41   #6
All Systems Go

I know the filename. It was my background.
Unread 30 May 2008, 12:46   #7
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

I'd usually say a problem like that is related to spyware or previous virus if you couldn't see the picture at all, but if you can you should perhaps try Phils suggestion

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 30 May 2008, 16:40   #8
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

here is a proposed solution
BEWARE EDITING YOUR REGISTRY CAN CAUSE SERIOUS BAD STUFF AND IM NOT USED TO WRITING WARNINGS SO THIS IS IT, YOUVE BEEN WARNED

try going to the regeditor
Start > Run > regedit

navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

"Wallpaper"=SZ:C:\WINDOWS\desktop.html (sometimes a bit different on different PC's)

Click on this entry and press delete, click yes, then close the registry