User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Nov 2006, 01:58   #1
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold
My Masquerade Ball (ideas needed)

Right, im helping to put on a masquerade ball on the 20th of january.
We are going to be putting it on for 16-18 year olds, we already have a lot of people interseted so getting the people there isnt going to be the problem.
Its going to be Formal dress (suits , dresses) and masks.
What we want to do is a "twist" or theme that will make it more interesting.
Im just wondering what ideas GD can offer me...
We've had the ideas of a "murder" and a dance off.
What do other people think we can do?
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 03:07   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My Masquerade Ball (ideas needed)

dress properly - white or black tie.
wear masks if you must.
drink.
copiously.

oh and you'll need to heat the marquees
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 12:25   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Surely the masquerade idea is enough to make it different?

Like Yahwe said - make it white or black tie. Otherwise it's just scruffy.

Also if you have lots of interest, you don't need to try to add in events do you? It just sounds like making work for the sake of it. Just throw a DJ and a dancefloor in and the 16-18 year olds will do what they do!
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 12:33   #4
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Ow ow ow awesome

Do you really need a theme?
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 15:15   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont know for certain about Britain, but i was under the strong impression that juvenlies (ie <18) were not permitted to, among other things, attempt to obtain/obtain/purchase/bring/consume alcohol on licensed premises, as doing so would commit an offence.

Wouldnt it suck to see only some of the patrons drinking all the 'copious' booze? Wouldnt you be setting yourself for a fall if the police happened to stop by?

As for themes, i'm not sure you need one per se as a masquerade ball is already unusual enough, however you might try someting like Heaven and Hell, Life and Death, that sort of bipolar thing.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 10:59   #6
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Something topical to the time they are living in - after all they are unlikely to attend another one for a while.

Concidering the age group, something to engender a bit of social concience maybe.

Freedom or world unity or peace (flags of every nation, doves of peace)

Supporting maybe Amnesty International

remind them that in the current climate of hate and anger there are still people who fight for freedom and eqaulity and peace for everyone without the use of a gun.

or Save the planet theme .. dress the place up like a rainforest...

basically anything that will make them stop and think whilst having fun.

mocktails provide enough colour and fun without the alcohol for under 18's, make them a fund raising idea for it .. all profit from each one sold going to the *cause* you have chosen.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL

Last edited by Mistwraith; 13 Nov 2006 at 11:07.
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote