User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Jun 2012, 01:49   #151
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: Jagex - Ominously silent

For fitness, ofc!
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 20:15   #152
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Please Jagex, I beg you, don't shut down Planetarion too, its history deserves more. I am more than willing to pick up the work and costs to run it. On my spare time if you don't wish to pass it on to a company. Sign it over to me, and you won't have to think about it anymore. Commercially, it has lost its real value, bit it is worth something to me. I will happily let you advertise for other titles you might produce, free of charge ofc, so you keep that opportunity. Now you are just strangling the game and community, and everyone loses.
For the love of the game, if nothing else.
Please.
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 20:52   #153
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Hmm, censorship, gotta love it.

I know you may not mention other similar games in here, since that might lure the remaning 10 players to game <x>.

But, I wonder, could i say....

Jagex sucks?
PA Sucks?
Could i offend the royal house?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 21:02   #154
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

The weirdest thing I experienced at PA was after my 15 rounds break (or even more).
When I came back, the game looked exactly the same as before with minor features changed or added.

Now that's sad. We get a new owner with new promises making us all hope for more. They secretly delete posts apparently so they watch this. Why the hell don't they make ANY statement? Any announcement? ANYTHING at all please! Hell, you are a professional game company, don't act like zPeti!!!

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 01:10   #155
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

spinner man, id lvoe you to have PA back. A person who cares about the game and the community would be great.

our volunteers can only do so much.

P.S you took a certain game outa your sig i see :P
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 01:48   #156
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Spinner maybe you should directly contact Jagex for this? We don't even know if they know we exist after all

And...

Unread 24 Jun 2012, 02:07   #157
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
spinner man, id lvoe you to have PA back. A person who cares about the game and the community would be great.
our volunteers can only do so much.
P.S you took a certain game outa your sig i see :P
PPS: I did not, but someone did.
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 02:10   #158
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Spinner maybe you should directly contact Jagex for this? We don't even know if they know we exist after all
Mr Appocomaster, would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction as to who I can contact?
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 11:51   #159
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Mr Appocomaster, would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction as to who I can contact?
I get the impression he doesnt know :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 15:44   #160
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Spinner -- for the record the moderators do have access to every post they have deleted. Poke appocomaster or one of the mods of this forum and maybe they will help you out.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 16:07   #161
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Game needs an active admin and a coder. the suggestion forum is allready full of unplanted ideas and doupt no one is bothering to add more, untill there is someone to actually make them happen.
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 17:38   #162
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
Game needs an active admin and a coder. the suggestion forum is allready full of unplanted ideas and doupt no one is bothering to add more, untill there is someone to actually make them happen.
spot on.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 12:52   #163
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

So my posts are getting deleted too now?

This is fooking ridiculous all round
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 13:32   #164
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

So, teh current status seems to be:
  • Jagex has news, but tells no-one what it is
  • Appocomaster, seen by everyone as the leader of PA, knows nothing
  • Posts in threads that complain about PA/Jagex get deleted
  • Jagex closes down several games
  • Jagex makes a lot of promises, but after 2 years, what has come from them?

Really, what a mess.

I hereby officially ask MarkG (or whoever is Jagex Liaison for PA) to make a formal statement about the future of Planetarion, including any news. I also ask the liaison an explanation regarding the suspected deletion of posts in this thread. Why were they removed? Which rules were broken that merited deletion? Finally, I ask a formal explanation about all promises made in the past, and their current status.

I ask this as HC of one of the major alliances of this game, as Player since round 2, as former PA Staff member (Multihunting and support), AND not in the least, as PAYING customer.

Who will second this?

Last edited by Remy; 25 Jun 2012 at 13:40.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 13:41   #165
Forest

second
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 13:58   #166
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

aye
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 15:06   #167
Catwoman

Catwoman is a jewel in the roughCatwoman is a jewel in the roughCatwoman is a jewel in the rough

agree time to show their face
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 15:24   #168
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

as much as i agree with this, i really dont see what you think you will achieve by demanding this. you have no leverage at all and why would they respond to this and not the 100's of other requests?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 15:25   #169
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
So, teh current status seems to be:
  • Jagex has news, but tells no-one what it is
  • Appocomaster, seen by everyone as the leader of PA, knows nothing
  • Posts in threads that complain about PA/Jagex get deleted
  • Jagex closes down several games
  • Jagex makes a lot of promises, but after 2 years, what has come from them?

Really, what a mess.

I hereby officially ask MarkG (or whoever is Jagex Liaison for PA) to make a formal statement about the future of Planetarion, including any news. I also ask the liaison an explanation regarding the suspected deletion of posts in this thread. Why were they removed? Which rules were broken that merited deletion? Finally, I ask a formal explanation about all promises made in the past, and their current status.

I ask this as HC of one of the major alliances of this game, as Player since round 2, as former PA Staff member (Multihunting and support), AND not in the least, as PAYING customer.

Who will second this?
JageX has pending news which hasn't been finalised.
I know roughly what it is but not the detail; we can't really move on it until it's been finalised. p.s. I am equal to the other PA Team members in terms of ultimate authority.
I believe the posts were deleted due to discussing what has to be a close rival and non-constructive anti sentiments about the game; I am not sure that all the relevant information has been posted.
My understanding is that there is no plan to close Planetarion; this hasn't been absolutely guaranteed but my understanding is that there is no plan to shut down Planetarion at the current point in time.
I understand that, apart from shifting us to far better servers, Jagex have not changed the status quo or provided new support. I know it is not an ideal situation by far, and unfortunately I can't comment on it further.

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that MarkG no longer works for Jagex. I have pointed the Jagex official rep to this thread; I believe they're waiting for official news to comment. I can only ask again for comments.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 16:06   #170
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Being a paying customer gives you certain privileges in-game. It does not entitle you to all the ins and outs of JageX' future plans.

As much as I would like that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 19:40   #171
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Being a paying customer gives you certain privileges in-game. It does not entitle you to all the ins and outs of JageX' future plans.

Oh come on...
You have to oppose everything right? Jagex has to please its paying customers. If they don't do this the customers run away. Remy is using this power to put some pressure on Jagex. What are YOU doing other than flaming constructive criticism posts? Instead of supporting this idea which under no circumstances will harm you (you can only profit from its outcome) you just oppose it for the sake of being against it. There is really nothing more behind your posts I fear.

Regarding Appocomaster's post:

You posted exactly the same thing as last time.

1) You have news
2) You can't announce them as you are waiting for details
3) You contacted Jagex

Will we ever hear anything new?

And...

Unread 25 Jun 2012, 20:24   #172
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh come on...
You have to oppose everything right? Jagex has to please its paying customers. If they don't do this the customers run away.
So run away. It'll do more good than repeating the same complaint over and over again.

Quote:
Remy is using this power to put some pressure on Jagex. What are YOU doing other than flaming constructive criticism posts? Instead of supporting this idea which under no circumstances will harm you (you can only profit from its outcome) you just oppose it for the sake of being against it. There is really nothing more behind your posts I fear.
What idea? You have no ideas. You're just going around whining your whims aren't being catered too. And to be quite frank, this is really quite amusing, coming from the guy who posted this today in response to a concrete suggestion for improving the game:
Quote:
I once suggested something similar. The target system needs to be overhauled. The feedback from Appocomaster was "I don't like it, it would need too much stuff changed". That's what all suggestions await.
So take your ****ing high horse and stick it where the sun don't shine.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 20:33   #173
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
So run away. It'll do more good than repeating the same complaint over and over again.

What idea? You have no ideas. You're just going around whining your whims aren't being catered too. And to be quite frank, this is really quite amusing, coming from the guy who posted this today in response to a concrete suggestion for improving the game:

So take your ****ing high horse and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Do you actually read posts? Remy invited the players to side with him and to support his call. First learn to read then come back and cry more. Or just go on being anti that makes you look so cool. Your personal insults emphasize your coolness.
Go buy some manners before you do anything else.

And...

Unread 25 Jun 2012, 21:02   #174
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Do you actually read posts? Remy invited the players to side with him and to support his call. First learn to read then come back and cry more. Or just go on being anti that makes you look so cool. Your personal insults emphasize your coolness.
Go buy some manners before you do anything else.
Says the guy that is clearly too young to understand that there could be serious legal repercussions if Appocomaster provides us ANY information regarding the matters being discussed here before it is finalized.

Being a member of the community, like you and everyone else here, I feel confident enough that I could assure that that Jagex is aware of the conversations here and they have most likely warned Appocomaster not to give any specifics until they are good and ready for the information to be finalized and released.

Patience truly is a virtue I guess.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 21:41   #175
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
as much as i agree with this, i really dont see what you think you will achieve by demanding this. you have no leverage at all and why would they respond to this and not the 100's of other requests?
I ASKED, i did not DEMAND, you dimwit.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 21:43   #176
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
JageX has pending news which hasn't been finalised.
I know roughly what it is but not the detail; we can't really move on it until it's been finalised. p.s. I am equal to the other PA Team members in terms of ultimate authority.
I believe the posts were deleted due to discussing what has to be a close rival and non-constructive anti sentiments about the game; I am not sure that all the relevant information has been posted.
My understanding is that there is no plan to close Planetarion; this hasn't been absolutely guaranteed but my understanding is that there is no plan to shut down Planetarion at the current point in time.
I understand that, apart from shifting us to far better servers, Jagex have not changed the status quo or provided new support. I know it is not an ideal situation by far, and unfortunately I can't comment on it further.

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that MarkG no longer works for Jagex. I have pointed the Jagex official rep to this thread; I believe they're waiting for official news to comment. I can only ask again for comments.
Ok, so there is pending news that hasn't been finalized...

For two years, there have been plans, intentions and communication between PaTeam and Jagex.
For two years, while running a community-based game, nothing has been done for the community. They have been kept in the dark or filled with hints of big things to come. There are plans, and there is news, but unfortunately we can't share it with you.
I am the first one to admit there are times, or kind of "news", that one doesn't want to blurt out with without carefull wording and consideration. There are pieces of information that one might not wish to make public.
But really, not having communication for, what, 2 years, after the introduction of the new "mods", is extremely poor treatment of a small but loyal and spending user-base.

Allow me to bring up some quotes from August 2010, then Jagex was introduced:
1: "- Our primary focus now is to see how we can improve Planetarion in its current incarnation."

"Will there be official Jagex representative for PA? and will we be able to bring our issues to jagex directly?
2: - Yes and yes! Initially Mod Mac (me) and Mod MarkG will be working with the PA team to decide how best to move the game forward. More Jagex staff will be introduced to the Planetarion community as and when they are assigned. At this time, all issues should be still passed to the PA team who will contact us."

"<Kargool> as many people is wondering about how Jagex will run the game from now on, have you been able to establish a timeline for what you intend to do with the game in the future?
3: - We are working with the PA team now to finalise a timeline for any changes (including IRC usage) immediately following the server move. We will let you know as soon as this is agreed."

"<Reincarnate> has there been an actually budget set for Planetarion development? Will planetarion stay the same code based as it is now or wil it go to java like many of the new owners games?
4: - We have a budget we can tap into for Planetarion; the key thing for us next is to work out how we should spend it. There are no plans to move to Java. "

"<Reincarnate> can we expect Jagex to do some for of advertising PA? whether that is in their current games or elsewhere?
5: - As far as advertising and attracting new players is concerned: yes, we are definitely planning to introduce new players to the game in the future, although we need to be mindful of how this will affect the current game and community as well as how new players will integrate."

"<m0rph3us> could we have in future...a comment from pa crew/jagex about suggestions on the suggestion forum, such like "no **** off" "sounds cool, we are thinking of it" "will be implemented shortly"
6: - We are keen to collect all suggestions however big or small. At this time please post on the suggestions forum and we will be avidly reading through all of them."

7: "They're not promising anything; they'd prefer to let their delivery do the talking. I think they'd not prefer to say "ok, we're doing this" and then have to backtrack at a later date. They want to plan twice, announce once, or whatever."

1: Now, after 2 years, one would expect their primary objective to have gotten somewhere. Admittedly, their primary objective was not to improve PA, but rather to see how it could be improved. Surely their primary objective must have come to something? Is this something the community can be part of?

2: I guess "at this time" can be interpreted as a very long time indeed. One of the mods is apparently not working there anymore, and the other official representative hasn't said a word. Yes and yes? Hm, I suppose maybe and maybe might be more accurate, hmm?

3: 2 years to "finalise" a timeline? I can't wait to see the fantastic timeline that takes 2 years to finalize, it has to be absolutely spectacular! Cheekyness aside, is there anything to see for the loyal community?

4: A budget, good stuff. I assume this is still largely untapped. Will the timeline hint as to how it will be spent?

5: We are now 2 years into the future that was mentioned. No marketing-activities has been registered on my radar.
It could be just mindfulness, of course, and concern for new players and their integration..But, if this is a concern, why has nothing been to done to meet this concern? What exactly is the concern about, and what has your mindfulness taught you about how to find the best marketing-strategy? And it that something that can be shared with the community?

6: Avidly reading, perhaps. Responding in any way, not so much. I am supposed to be an evil competitor with a hidden agenda, yet I have posted much more in the suggestion-forum for the past week than all Jagex-officials since their acquisition, to help Planetarion, just because I care.

7: Kudos to you, Appoco, for being loyal, polite, patient and politically correct. I am afraid though, that you might be wrong. You see, they have indeed promised...
They promised that their first priority was to find out how PA could be improved. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but they have decided not to tell the community if they did.
They promised that the community would be able to communicate directly with Jagex.
They promised to finalize a timeline " immediately following the server move". Ok, they didn't promise to show it to anyone, fair enough, but they should have a pretty good reason for wanting to keep their entire community in the dark...
If not a promise, Jagex pointed out that there is a budget to tap into for Planetarion. I hope this will result in something tangible very soon.
They promised to market the game, to introduce it to new players, after being mindful of course.

And now there is pending news that hasn't been finalized...It is very difficult to relate to that claim.

I have feelings for Planetarion, no doubt, as it was the first game I designed and produced from nothing. I do not want it die this slow death of strangulation. I have no hidden agenda, no desire to compete it to death, if I did why would I want it back? Why would I bring suggestions to the corresponding forum here?
The game, being a small but funny part of the "netstory", deserves more than this. The small but loyal player-base deserves more than this. The mods, the MHs, everyone deserves more than this.

There were no plans to close down Stellar Dawn either, before the decision was taken. It's not something you "plan on doing".

I have the utmost respect for "plan twice, announce once", but when it leads to "do nothing", it's no longer that impressive. Jagex had all the opportunities they could want for a flying start, and I believe they had great intentions. Then something got difficult, and they vanished completely, at least that is how it looked to the community. Not communicating is always the worse alternative, much worse than bringing bad news.

What they are doing, what they have been doing for 2 years, is simply to kill the game, intentionally or not.
Jagex know much about communities and games, so of course they have known what is going on, and what would happen as long as they stayed on their course. No, it is wrong to say they have not communicated here just because they are busy with Transformers. If they wanted to, someone there would have found the 30 minutes it would take to leave a post once a month. And show up during EORC. And send a diploma or something to the winners. Someone would.

I had hopes when Jagex bought this 2 years back. Finally a serious owner, someone who COULD do something, who WOULD do something, who understood the market, the scene and eventually the game and the community. Someone who was well equipped to take good care of my baby. I was happy.

Now I'm just sad. I don't understand why they outbid me, when this is what they have done afterwards.

I know I have no rights, I know Jagex has no reason to listen or care, but I am allowed to hope; Hope that they will make good on their promises, deliver what they should, or, if not, allow the game to find its way into the hands of someone who is willing to take better care of it. Is Jagex served by a broken community and a dying game? I doubt it. So I beg of you, Jagex, if you reach the conclusion to close it down, at least consider the possibility to let PA retire in the hands of it's creator. It would mean a lot to me, and it would be very "right" and a fitting end. And I do believe you could gain something from it too, if nothing else, it feels good to do the right thing.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 21:45   #177
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:

I never said it gives me that privilege, mz :-)

I just wanted to make sure that Jagex realises that they only exist by the grace of paying customers (Be it PA or any other paid game they offer). And i formalized my request, which I never had done before.

Appocomaster has, on behalf of Jagex i suppose, answered my formal question, and it still does not contain any real answer. But it is more then Jagex itself told us (which is nothing). Thank you Poco.
Unread 25 Jun 2012, 22:13   #178
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Yeah, I guess I was just reminded of other posts that went with the "I gave you some money, so you must give me X" theme that always kind of annoys me.

I see your point, though, fair enough.
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 01:20   #179
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
Says the guy that is clearly too young to understand that there could be serious legal repercussions if Appocomaster provides us ANY information regarding the matters being discussed here before it is finalized.

Being a member of the community, like you and everyone else here, I feel confident enough that I could assure that that Jagex is aware of the conversations here and they have most likely warned Appocomaster not to give any specifics until they are good and ready for the information to be finalized and released.

Patience truly is a virtue I guess.
Hey,

no I am not demanding anything unrealistic from Appoco. In fact I have asked him several times to maybe put some "pressure" on Jagex to move some stuff. I never demanded he gives out internal secrets. All I want is someone who's word has a weight to knock on Jagex' door and ask them to keep their promises up!

Regarding Spinner:
Quote:
Now I'm just sad. I don't understand why they outbid me, when this is what they have done afterwards.
Especially this is sad and I didn't even know this. Your post was very good, but now back to work

And...

Unread 26 Jun 2012, 04:54   #180
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think Spinner, you just have to accept the fact that planetarion soon will be dead, and i think when they finaly announce that they are putting it to sleep we can all get on with our real lifes or new games
Even though if it would get a new owner that did care and put a lot of time and effort into trying to make the game better, i dont think making up new stats, new changes, etc etc will do anything, atleast PaX didnt expand the playerbase even though it was made more newb friendly.
I dont realy understand how you think you are gonna get new players, or the old players back, the fact that there once was so many people signing up for this game was because it was something new, something the net had ever seen, and something everyone was playing. That aint gonna happend again.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 06:47   #181
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

If the game dies, i am a jobless techie! That cannot happen!
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 07:59   #182
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

@Spinner: question (maybe you already said it somewhere, dunno), IF Jagex would decideto get rid of PA, would you be interested in taking charge again? If so, under what conditions? Would you need resources? Would you pay (even if a small amount?) If for free, would it become free again?
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 09:17   #183
Kan3
The Kan3 is back!

Kan3 is infamous around these parts

Christian, if you're keen to get it back, why don't you contact them using the proper channels:

Jagex Game Studio
St John's Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge
CB4 0WS

Tel: 0844 500 6699
Kan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 12:44   #184
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I think Spinner, you just have to accept the fact that planetarion soon will be dead, and i think when they finaly announce that they are putting it to sleep we can all get on with our real lifes or new games
Even though if it would get a new owner that did care and put a lot of time and effort into trying to make the game better, i dont think making up new stats, new changes, etc etc will do anything, atleast PaX didnt expand the playerbase even though it was made more newb friendly.
I dont realy understand how you think you are gonna get new players, or the old players back, the fact that there once was so many people signing up for this game was because it was something new, something the net had ever seen, and something everyone was playing. That aint gonna happend again.
Don't misunderstand me, I certainly agree it is headed for the end.
It's the "putting it to sleep" I wish to avoid.
Planetarion is a piece of internet-history, and I feel it deserves to live, and tbh so much wrong has been done to it, it has never had a chance since going pay2play.
Thousands and thousands are not going to sign up again, I have no illusion of that happening. But it deserves a shot at becoming what it can be, the name deserves a chance to be brought into a more modern era. Maybe that means becoming "not Planetarion", maybe the changes required would be too much for the comparison to be valid, and maybe it is destined to be played by only 500-1000 people from here on. But at least I can run it and not close it down, at least I can take care of the relic of what I once made.
Or so I hope.

That said, there are things that can be done to breath some life into the old girl yet, and that is exactly what I hoped and thought Jagex would do. I am not without resources, ideas, will or time.
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 12:58   #185
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
@Spinner: question (maybe you already said it somewhere, dunno), IF Jagex would decideto get rid of PA, would you be interested in taking charge again? If so, under what conditions? Would you need resources? Would you pay (even if a small amount?) If for free, would it become free again?
It should be clear by now that I am indeed interested.

As for conditions, I am not sure what you mean. I wish to own it again, to be associated with it, if that are the kind of conditions you mean.

As for resources, what I need first is time; Time to improve it. Make no mistake, I would probably scrap all existing code, so things would not improve overnight.

As for paying for it, I can not afford much personally. To be honest, there is little hope in me making an offer that Jagex would not laugh at when it comes to money. I am rather appealing to them as a once young man who sold his first game to stay alive, and that it might be fitting for him to once more pick up the reigns for the last time as an alternative to put it to rest.

As for the game becoming free or not, there is little doubt the game needs an "updated business model adjusted to it's current stage in life". I am thinking along the lines of "free to play, pay to personalise", if you know what I mean. But the whole "business model question" is really not a primary question or issue, as long as it does not conflict with the overall objective: To try to make the game what it can be, to conserve a piece of history and to safeguard "the baby".
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 12:59   #186
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kan3 View Post
Christian, if you're keen to get it back, why don't you contact them using the proper channels:

Jagex Game Studio
St John's Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge
CB4 0WS

Tel: 0844 500 6699
I was hoping Appocomaster could put me directly in touch with the correct person, so I would not have to be transfered around in their phone-system.
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 14:29   #187
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
I ASKED, i did not DEMAND, you dimwit.
semantics. however, my post was not intended to be having a go at anyone. i was mostly just pointing out how many similar posts/threads there have been with the exact same outcome; everyone agrees, appoco posts some standard rhetoric.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 21:11   #188
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I'm baffled that you guys put so much effort in to moaning about what you "deserve" on these forums when it's so easy for you to just pick up the phone and actually make yourselves heard (the wonders of Google and most of you are UK based).

As for me, well I was going to walk the 15 minutes to their front door about 10 months ago, but then I realized I just don't care anymore

Last edited by ellonweb; 26 Jun 2012 at 21:18.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 21:59   #189
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Some times, communicating through back-doors is more effective. (-:
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 22:04   #190
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Ok Jagex what price do you want for Planetarion?

Might be an Idea to start a consortium
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 22:10   #191
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

As I said, this can't be done with money, unless we're talking about a symbolic amount.
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 22:21   #192
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
As I said, this can't be done with money, unless we're talking about a symbolic amount.
You sold it in the first place :P

Might have to do a rangers FC here

Liquidate the game and start a NewCo hehe

If Jagex dont get the finger out there is always spinners new game
Unread 26 Jun 2012, 23:43   #193
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

I have been fortunate enough to get in touch with someone at Jagex, and from what I can understand, they have some things to consider. My request has been heard so we'll see if I hear back. Until then, there is not much more one can do but wait for more information.

Waiting for ticks, waiting for ships in production, waiting for recalls, yeah, I can play the waiting-game too (-:

A few days at my moms cabin sounds about right!
Unread 27 Jun 2012, 07:28   #194
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Don't misunderstand me, I certainly agree it is headed for the end.
It's the "putting it to sleep" I wish to avoid.
Planetarion is a piece of internet-history, and I feel it deserves to live, and tbh so much wrong has been done to it, it has never had a chance since going pay2play.
Thousands and thousands are not going to sign up again, I have no illusion of that happening. But it deserves a shot at becoming what it can be, the name deserves a chance to be brought into a more modern era. Maybe that means becoming "not Planetarion", maybe the changes required would be too much for the comparison to be valid, and maybe it is destined to be played by only 500-1000 people from here on. But at least I can run it and not close it down, at least I can take care of the relic of what I once made.
Or so I hope.

That said, there are things that can be done to breath some life into the old girl yet, and that is exactly what I hoped and thought Jagex would do. I am not without resources, ideas, will or time.
Well i think you are bringing PA down to the wrong end if you want to try tweak the game play to become something far away from what planetarion realy was. Then id rather say it would be more dignify just keep running the current code, or some of the old codes untill there is no one playing at all.
Its a piece of internet history, that is true.
But i strongly disagree with making a totaly new game, and use the name of planetarion to "promote" it, or atleast get a kick start with it, with all due respect, if you got a "new game" concept, wich i suspect you allready have, i think you should find another .com to put it in.
This dosnt mean im totaly amish-like, changes for the better would be most welcome, and im sure that you are more capable than anyone to implent them, i just dont see how you are gonna make this game better if you have zero to none funds to use for advertisement.
I dont want to seem all negative and all that, but thats just what i think when i read your posts in here.
I do hope Jagex will be handing it back to you though!

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2012, 08:33   #195
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Spinner created PA. He creates another one. I liked both when they were fresh.
PA has its best days long gone.. So if you are going for an overhaul I'd support you.
PA needs to change I think that is very clear now. As long as you keep core elements everything will be fine

And...

Unread 27 Jun 2012, 08:46   #196
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Problem is: the core elements make it what it is, and the same core elements make it old-fashioned.
Unread 27 Jun 2012, 08:59   #197
Forest

I think the core elements of alliances are what makes it fun. PA as a stand alone is, and always has been, pretty boring. It is irc which makes the game, and that HAS to stay imo
Unread 27 Jun 2012, 09:01   #198
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It's not that there's many things wrong with PA (though there are more than there should be); it's that there are many things that are boring about PA.

The great advantage of restarting from scratch is that you're not constrained by what already exists. Many parts of PA we could ditch without significantly impacting gameplay.

Almost as importantly, you're not constrained by who already exists, by which I refer to the player base. The player base holds back PA in two ways. Firstly, by being the gatekeepers to genuine change. B-B just provided a good example of that in this thread, but its an almost universal ailment (I certainly am no exception). Secondly, by being too good. Imagine you wanted to learn to play chess, or football, or Starcraft, but the only opponent is Garry Kasparov, or Atlético Madrid, or Flash.

I've talked about this before, so I'll keep it short. See here and here.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 27 Jun 2012 at 09:07.
Unread 27 Jun 2012, 09:02   #199
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well i think you are bringing PA down to the wrong end if you want to try tweak the game play to become something far away from what planetarion realy was. Then id rather say it would be more dignify just keep running the current code, or some of the old codes untill there is no one playing at all.
Its a piece of internet history, that is true.
But i strongly disagree with making a totaly new game, and use the name of planetarion to "promote" it, or atleast get a kick start with it, with all due respect, if you got a "new game" concept, wich i suspect you allready have, i think you should find another .com to put it in.
This dosnt mean im totaly amish-like, changes for the better would be most welcome, and im sure that you are more capable than anyone to implent them, i just dont see how you are gonna make this game better if you have zero to none funds to use for advertisement.
I dont want to seem all negative and all that, but thats just what i think when i read your posts in here.
I do hope Jagex will be handing it back to you though!
You got it all wrong.
My new game has nothing to do with my interest in keeping PA alive. My new game has it's own name, it's own url, its own facebook-page, and tbh, any kickstart-effect you mention will happen regardless of where PA resides.
My interest in PA is to keep it alive, as it deserves it, and it's current owners have so far failed to live up to the expectations.
As for funds, not all marketing-opportunities cost money, it's a viral web out there. And truth be told, it's not unthinkable that PA might be able to pay for it's own marketing.
Unread 27 Jun 2012, 09:17   #200
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Honestly, I'd hope for something more than "keeping PA alive".