User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Apr 2004, 17:16   #51
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: Second thing FAnG are famous for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
other games give out life time bans.....

surly it depends in what way they cheated and fro what reason
How do you ban someone in an anonymous world?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 17:20   #52
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
How do you ban someone in an anonymous world?
Would that be the world where vouches and reputation are required to join any decent alliance?
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 19:32   #53
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

if pa indeed would have offered somekind of a rewardscheme for players in the past, losing everything, i.e. getting banned, would be quiet a pain.
Alongside a public announcement and slandering campaign of the person and last but not least his ip, userdetails, emailaddy and ircnick beeing suspended/blocked.

Sounds harsh but puts abit force behind the empty threats.

Additionally the threatening to those alliances who sleep around with cheaters to get penalties up their ass, i.e. memberlists beeing published or allianceeta be removed. I think the last 2 steps would make every hc to be a first class multihunter and cheatfinder.
If you combine it with the need to report why someone was kicked from his alliance (ingame pull down menue) you would have the perfect view of who was kicked for cheating (investigate if true) and what alliance actually takes steps against cheaters or supposed to be cheaters.

The problem is exactly burried in rumads words, hope for anonymity and that youre not caught, if youre not caught go on. If caught go to the losing party of last round, they surely will try to get good players at any cost to cover their defections and quitters, admittingly without asking many questions.
Or to add a dig, apply to fang where everyone is innocent until he admits himself, is closed and there are 500 other evidences.

*edit* its soooo full of mistakes that i cba to correct them since i write an exam in 20h so sod off if you dont get what i mean. *edit*
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:42   #54
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Forest, you cheating scum, how about getting off your high horse and stop being so hypocritical?

... Unless you're saying its just ppl who cheat nowadays (when PA is all but dead) that are the scum of society and should be castrated - whereas those who cheated in ... oh I dunno, r8 for example (or was it r9?), are ok.

I personally have nothing against cheaters - its always gone on, so why make such a big fuss!? god you morons are exasperating at times. especially the hypocrits amongst you.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 22:15   #55
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
Forest, you cheating scum, how about getting off your high horse and stop being so hypocritical?

... Unless you're saying its just ppl who cheat nowadays (when PA is all but dead) that are the scum of society and should be castrated - whereas those who cheated in ... oh I dunno, r8 for example (or was it r9?), are ok.

I personally have nothing against cheaters - its always gone on, so why make such a big fuss!? god you morons are exasperating at times. especially the hypocrits amongst you.

So if you were ever winning and then didnt because a cheater got past you, you would be ok with this? even though they didnt deserve that position

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 22:25   #56
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

If I had never cheated in PA ... then I'd probably be pissed off. As it is I cheated liek a Forest in r6 (to help myself) and r7 (to help others) .. and I once had a flatmate log in for me in r8 to stop my fleet suiciding itself when i was top60 or so.

So although I never cheated to get a super big rank, for me the big word "hypocrit" would still come into play.

This doesn't seem to be the case for Forest or I would say 90% of ppl on this forum.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 00:27   #57
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate it when you make sense Focht
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 08:28   #58
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Or to add a dig, apply to fang where everyone is innocent until he admits himself, is closed and there are 500 other evidences.
Just as innocent as the Ecl and earlier the Fury block ever was.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 10:04   #59
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Would that be the world where vouches and reputation are required to join any decent alliance?
everyone has friends who will vouch for someone using a fake nick - done it myself in past rounds for different reasons.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 10:16   #60
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
if pa indeed would have offered somekind of a rewardscheme for players in the past, losing everything, i.e. getting banned, would be quiet a pain.
Alongside a public announcement and slandering campaign of the person and last but not least his ip, userdetails, emailaddy and ircnick beeing suspended/blocked.

Additionally the threatening to those alliances who sleep around with cheaters to get penalties up their ass, i.e. memberlists beeing published or allianceeta be removed. I think the last 2 steps would make every hc to be a first class multihunter and cheatfinder.
If you combine it with the need to report why someone was kicked from his alliance (ingame pull down menue) you would have the perfect view of who was kicked for cheating (investigate if true) and what alliance actually takes steps against cheaters or supposed to be cheaters.

The problem is exactly burried in rumads words, hope for anonymity and that youre not caught, if youre not caught go on. If caught go to the losing party of last round, they surely will try to get good players at any cost to cover their defections and quitters, admittingly without asking many questions.

*edit* its soooo full of mistakes that i cba to correct them since i write an exam in 20h so sod off if you dont get what i mean. *edit*
Firstly there is a debate about reward/penalties for players that cheat and are caught. But you totally neglect the big percentage of cheats that go undetected. Fury had one round 5 who was in wrath (forget his name but he moved bac and fro from fury to legion, but he finished t5). But you start punishing for the not so clever how do you find the very clever?

Then you have what I said - the truth is in the fact that everyone on the internet uses a persona - and I know from past experience that players can use old players nicks wh have quit pa quite effectively to get a new persona or even completely pretend to be someone else and start building up frinedships and status.

You cannot effectively bar someone from a game and should you in fact do that when you consider that its their choice and there money they lose if they cheat. Also to put the policing on the HC's of various alliances is a bit much. HC's are dedicated to ensuring the betterment of there communities which this would include, but on changing th emphasis from game technicians (multihunters) to HC's means HC's get more responsibility on top of that they have already agreed to in there community.

We cannot effectively police it, nor would i agree with it. I am a believer in that individuals should be given opportunity to proove they have rehabilitated. The community is already small and by throwing out more people you mae it smaller.

Perhaps a 3 strikes and your out policy is possible, but how do you make it work? As already stated everyone has anonymity on the internet as you are rarely "yourself". How do you actually stop someone signing up again?

Also how do you know the truth behind the whisper you hear about the deletion? How can you proove that that person you are about to kick has actually cheated?

Then you have the issue of double standards. 50% of the people saying cheating is bad HAVE CHEATED at one point or another (including you). How can that be fair and reasonable?

*EDIT* GL with your exam
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 28 Apr 2004 at 14:34.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:08   #61
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

annnnnnddddd this is a part 2 to the other thread. So I have no new arguement. Someone pull a new topic out of thier arse so I can comment on it.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:44   #62
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If your remove the ETA advantage in an alliance cause they have a cheater then it'll change PA to an entire new strategy. Like spying, alliances might put cheaters in other alliances that "conveniently" get caught (using a fake nick etc). That way, you easily handicap your enemy.

Punishing is good thing, yet there should be a more suble punishment, one that cannot be abused so obviously.

rgds Kj

P.S. gl on yer exam

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 15:32   #63
newt
Banned

anyone else amused by all this?

I've been around long enough to know that the vast majority of you will have cheated at some point, even those amongst you who are driving the bandwagon (lo Forest).

Cheating will always go on. Known cheaters will always be accepted into at least one of the top alliances, whether it be that they change IRC nicks and re-create themselves .. or are low profile enough for hcs not to give a shit. You can't change this.

Also, lets face it, cheaters give you all summat to talk about on AD. Think of planetarion without any scandals over the years. urgh!! eg the touriqet scandal this round - sure , hes a bad egg that should have been put down at birth and you all wish you could og over and rub shit in his face before running it through a meat grinder ... but it all added a bit of 'fun' to another wise dismally boring round.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 17:57   #64
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Cheating will always go on. Known cheaters will always be accepted into at least one of the top alliances, whether it be that they change IRC nicks and re-create themselves .. or are low profile enough for hcs not to give a shit. You can't change this.
Indeed.

I think it's more a degree of cheating though. Like you said, you got a flatmate to recall you when you were set to land and die, etc etc. That is ok. I don't think I'd delete you on that, as long as it was a one off.

For instance, in round 7 I was playing in a gal with ChipZ^. He's a real life mate, who introduced me to PA. We'd go round to each other's houses and login occasionally for each other (comps had saved passwords) while the other was there. Say, I'd be watching TV and go "can you do my res/con on my comp, I cba" and he'd go "ok". Of course, that's cheating, but it's nothing on the scale of farming or multying properly is it?

So yeah, cheating is always a part of PA - the game lends itself to it. But some are a lot worse than others.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 18:51   #65
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

We'd go round to each other's houses and login occasionally for each other (comps had saved passwords) while the other was there....

that's cheating....

So even when you weren't at each others houses you had access to each others accounts?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:33   #66
newt
Banned

I'd just prefer the people who lay into cheaters, asking for them to be banned - to not have cheated in the past themselves.

I don't know about the rest of you, but since I know Forest cheated in the past (swapping accounts from galaxy to galaxy and so forth) beyond any shadow of doubt - I'd be quite sure that a lot of the other 'leaders' of the anti-cheating campaign are similar.

It's annoying. Especially Forest's extremely arrogant approach to it all. Well, to anything AD related.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:44   #67
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's annoying. Especially Forest's extremely arrogant approach to it all. Well, to anything AD related.
You'd think he'd have changed during those 5 years...

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 01:15   #68
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
So even when you weren't at each others houses you had access to each others accounts?
Yes, my username/password was saved on his, and his was on mine. We didn't actually know each other's logins, but on each of our computers they were saved. So yes, we had access to each other's accounts. Didn't use it unless the other was there though.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 04:15   #69
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

http://www.eviltone.pwp.blueyonder.c...s/capacity.jpg
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 15:10   #70
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Yes, my username/password was saved on his, and his was on mine. We didn't actually know each other's logins, but on each of our computers they were saved. So yes, we had access to each other's accounts. Didn't use it unless the other was there though.
Cheating
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 15:41   #71
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Cheating
What he said I'm afraid. Doesn't matter which way you look at it you have the availability to use each others accounts.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 15:47   #72
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
What he said I'm afraid. Doesn't matter which way you look at it you have the availability to use each others accounts.
I know it's cheating!
That was my point. It was cheating, yet there are certain degrees of cheating. I wouldn't say that was particularly serious. It was hardly as if we were farming, or using each other's planets without the other present.

My point is that cheating goes on throughout planetarion. You can stick your head in the ground all you want, and pretend you know nothing of it, but that's just stupid.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 15:56   #73
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I know it's cheating!
That was my point. It was cheating, yet there are certain degrees of cheating. I wouldn't say that was particularly serious. It was hardly as if we were farming, or using each other's planets without the other present.

My point is that cheating goes on throughout planetarion. You can stick your head in the ground all you want, and pretend you know nothing of it, but that's just stupid.
I'm not disagreeing with you on any of those points apart from playing down your act. Of course you say those accounts were never used by each other, but it's kinda hard to believe. Just like Newt saying he got someone else to recall his fleet to stop it being trashed and saying that "wasn't such bad cheating", ofc it is. If he hadn't account shared he would have lost his fleet, it has a direct impact on the game.

There are no grey area's of cheating. Cheating is cheating and it enevitably ends up scrrewing someone over by means of unfair play.

Quote:
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 20:20   #74
newt
Banned

lol.. I would have lost my fleet?

don't be a dumbass!

I would have just skipped the lectures innit if someone wasn't willing to enter the pigsty that was my room and click on recall.

oh, and although its just my word on this - how many others in PA who live with other people playing planetarion would only have cheated once in an entire round - especially considering you and your flatmates have completely different body clocks. I think I did pretty well *pats self on head and eats a cookie*
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 00:09   #75
Tomkat

You rock Newt ;D
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:37   #76
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Weathermen aren't trolling when they give warning about the arrival of a hurricane, lightning storm, or other natural disaster to a city.
So why I am trolling when I warn of your imminent arrival in a thread?
Pointing out the predictibility of morons is provocation without adding anything to the discussion.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:15   #77
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
According to your boards you vouched for walken...
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 21:34   #78
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
According to your boards you vouched for walken...
According to pa you have been closed.
Point ?
Xtothez's trust might have been abused by someone, dissappointments happen and Ely unless Fang immdieately removed walken from their rooster, while fang was always hoping for a miraculous reopening or looking for another cheap excuse they could try to go off on.

Pot calling cattle black, didnt you just reinvite Irvine to become Fang hc in r10.5 ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:02   #79
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

I got walken closed although he was my GC and I considered him being a friend. Later on I apologized for that as I clearleh did a mistake in helping a biased multihunter crew who arbitrarily closed and reopend planets during that round, me included. But ofc you wont be informed of this since according to pa you dont even play nor does your alliance even exist who could tell you about.

Wanna go on?

Are you actually aware of you denying xtotheZ the right to speak for himself? You should have a little more confidence in your former allies... or did you in fact discouvered a new ambition to stand up for Ely while fighting for them last round and want to continue this tradition on the boards now ?

On a sidenote a lil story from Neocron.

On our server once existed an indeed impressing Clan. Most of the time they were around our relations were quite good. They presumably had the best Players at the early stages of the game and 2 or 3 of them winning vs entire Clans of 10 and more Runners was rather common then something special. They even were feared and respected after they started to get inactive and later on totally left the game and their outposts still were untouched weeks after the last of their members cancelled his account.
But since they appeared to be bored, they kept spamming the boards by telling everyone how great they were. They just kept repeating, that none of the current existing Clans would ever have had a fair chance vs their team when they still were around and gave arrogant comments on current politics like they still would dominate the world. Their ambition in doing this was so great, that slowly but steadily the entire community got pissed off, and nowadays their remembrance is nothing more then a joke.
But unlike other Clans who just have a laugh and attack abusers on the boards ingame they cant do anything else then either swallow it or make even a bigger joke of themselves by flaming on without the slightest chance to ever restore their reputation...

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 7 Jun 2004 at 22:01.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:15   #80
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
According to pa you have been closed.
Point ?
Xtothez's trust might have been abused by someone, dissappointments happen and Ely unless Fang immdieately removed walken from their rooster, while fang was always hoping for a miraculous reopening or looking for another cheap excuse they could try to go off on.

Pot calling cattle black, didnt you just reinvite Irvine to become Fang hc in r10.5 ?
1: LEFF isn't HC nor doesn't even play r10.5. So no, he did not reinvite Irvine to become FAnG HC again. Get your data right if you're retired, out of the loop but STILL wanna respond on stuff.

2. Like LEFF said, Xto is capable enough to reply for himself.

3: The point in leff saying he vouched Walken, is that Xto claims FAnG vouches cheaters etc. He vouches Walken and as you said, his trust got abused. Odd isn't it, when it happens with him it's "his trust has been abused" and when it happens with us it's more like "he vouches a cheater" ...

stop using double standards.

to LEFF, nice story about Seader Krupp, I knew some pple in there but luckily they never had to fight us

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:46   #81
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road

the 2nd thing fang is know for is Rumads th0ng danceing ta
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:49   #82
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_OPPS
the 2nd thing fang is know for is Rumads th0ng danceing ta
what about my boyband :'(
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:51   #83
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
2. Like LEFF said, Xto is capable enough to reply for himself.
i always find it funny when you all go into your hypocritical modes.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:57   #84
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
care to explain, respected and integer AD poster ... ?

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 May 2004, 00:00   #85
newt
Banned

I'll leave you to ponder about that one. It isn't rocket science so I'm sure you'll get there in the end.
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:03   #86
LB|away

Quote:
what about me?
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:14   #87
newt
Banned

Exclamation gotta get my post count up so that i is respected

You don't have a hypocritical bone in your body! But if you did I'd find all your posts even more lolly rofflingly funny, and prolly get the urge to load up your netgamers gallery pic and give my trophy a good polishing. Which I do every morning anyway.
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:18   #88
LB|away

Re: gotta get my post count up so that i is respected

Quote:
You don't have a hypocritical bone in your body! But if you did I'd find all your posts even more lolly rofflingly funny, and prolly get the urge to load up your netgamers gallery pic and give my trophy a good polishing. Which I do every morning anyway.
newt you nub, you are retired and funny.... hush it now peon
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:23   #89
newt
Banned

no!!

I'm even (for the first time ever I hasten to add) disobeying Mitre by continuing to post on the forums. So I'm not gonna start obeying you

Must be reaching a mid life crisis - can't resist the temptation to rebel against the powers that be. But AD is about as interesting as an ant's life, so I tend to stick to PD these days. A lot more random retards to have digs at.
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:27   #90
LB|away

Quote:
no!!

I'm even (for the first time ever I hasten to add) disobeying Mitre by continuing to post on the forums. So I'm not gonna start obeying you

Must be reaching a mid life crisis - can't resist the temptation to rebel against the powers that be. But AD is about as interesting as an ant's life, so I tend to stick to PD these days. A lot more random retards to have digs at.

wait till you come on wemeethere
I'll whip yer ass till it bleeds!

AD rawks though
I will start posting on it too
to get some more intelligence on the forums
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:38   #91
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
I will start posting on it too
to get some more intelligence on the forums
dear god. I don't know whether to rejoice or to cry

Don't go in wemeethere anymore either got tiresome talking to myself after 2yrs. Shit channel since intguru and ppl stopped chatting.
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:43   #92
LB|away

Quote:
dear god. I don't know whether to rejoice or to cry

Don't go in wemeethere anymore either got tiresome talking to myself after 2yrs. Shit channel since intguru and ppl stopped chatting.

heartbreaker

nuff said
Unread 3 May 2004, 16:33   #93
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Simply the people that post here probably hvae at one time broken the rules. Some have even probably been deleted for such abuse of the game rules. Yes we recruited a player who may or may have not been deleted in the past. we look for players who are active and to a certain extent we work on trust. Our trust is repaid or in this case abused. Either way to stop running your alliance like that would be no worse than becoming a paranoid witch hunters. i have much more valuable things to do with my time like sex and drinking and having a laugh outside pa.

Someone cheated, account is closed, member kicked etc. Get over it and move on.
Ok. Deep breath.

The fact that you just accused EVERY single reader of this thread of cheating is a big insight into the mindset of the type of people who make up the ranks of Fang. Can you even understand the fact that there are people who want to play a fair game? For whom cheating would actually ruin the whole round?

No, I suppose you can't.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 19:18   #94
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to that - do you not see the fallacy in your argument?

"Everyone has done it. Why get mad at us for doing it?"

The assumption that 'the people that post here probably hvae broken the rules' is little more than a red herring. It's wrong. Regardless of who has broken the rules, written the rules, followed the rules, or even read them.

Wrong.
Unread 3 May 2004, 20:26   #95
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Getting threads closed that dont portray FAnG as god's gift to PA.

In addition, Abe openly lied in that FAnG recruitment thread- I believe he was kicked from Fury (or Wrath) at some point for being an idiot.

Now before FAnG scurry along to get this thread closed, I congratulate Forest on reporting a fellow member. The problem in my view is that this seems to happen far too often within FAnG, I suggest you don't recruit people with past cheating history or try and investigate abit more before recruitment.

But, it's your alliance and your reputation. I won't say this has tarnished it, because it might just edge into an improvement due to Forest being the reporter. However I do wonder if your HC are suspectable to such scrutiny also
Second thing? With all the shit they pulled this doesn't even come close to top ten.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 09:20   #96
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
Ok. Deep breath.

The fact that you just accused EVERY single reader of this thread of cheating is a big insight into the mindset of the type of people who make up the ranks of Fang. Can you even understand the fact that there are people who want to play a fair game? For whom cheating would actually ruin the whole round?

No, I suppose you can't.
Actually I have accused nearly everybody of posting of cheating ins ome way or another since round 1 (not every round either).

My mindset is that cheats are caught and punished, however I will nt be part of the hipocrisy of saying cheats should be banned, burned to the steak etc.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 4 May 2004, 14:14   #97
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Of course you, as a cheat, don't want to see more severe penalties for cheating. I'm shocked, I am.

I haven't cheated at PA. Ever. I'm fairly insulted, and I'm sure I'm not alone, to be lumped in with someone like you, and effectively accused of breaking the rules.

Even if I won from cheating, it wouldn't feel like victory. So what would be the point? Don't you understand this?
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 14:27   #98
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
Of course you, as a cheat, don't want to see more severe penalties for cheating. I'm shocked, I am.

I haven't cheated at PA. Ever. I'm fairly insulted, and I'm sure I'm not alone, to be lumped in with someone like you, and effectively accused of breaking the rules.

Even if I won from cheating, it wouldn't feel like victory. So what would be the point? Don't you understand this?
actualy round 6 was the ast i cheated in in any degree of seriousness (since then and the way that galaxy and sme friendships fell apart i concentrated on clean galaxies).

I am quite happy for severe penalties (deletion being the harshest penalty anyone can have who would risk cheating), I just think that most of the people here have at least logged into someones account or done something they shouldn't. You may vry well be in the 10% but please dont be naiv enough to hin that the majrity or even 30% of pa is lie that.

also in a lot of senses a lot depends on what you classify as cheating. many get away with it round after round from account sharing through to proper farming and escorts.

If you weekend out all the cheats PA would have no paying players (not enough to play a round).

I am sorry you are disgusted with my stance, but at the end of the day this is a game, not life or deatha nd penalties should be set according to the fact it is only a game.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 5 May 2004, 00:57   #99
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you aren't in favor of "weekending out" all cheaters (I assume you mean 'weeding out') - but you are in favor of deleting cheaters - then ... wait a second...

Give back your cake. I'll eat it.
Unread 5 May 2004, 08:29   #100
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Well, if you aren't in favor of "weekending out" all cheaters (I assume you mean 'weeding out') - but you are in favor of deleting cheaters - then ... wait a second...

Give back your cake. I'll eat it.
I never said i wasn't in favour of that - i just hin you can't take punishments too far. You al talk and whinge about how the community is dying when in reality if PA was run to the rules then you woul dhave deleted around 50% of the playerbase. I don't accept that cheating is right or cool, just that it happens and most of the people postin here are hippocrits.

Cheatinga nd deletion fr me is th correct action, but banning them is just plain stupid as is some of th which hunts that happen after.
Proud to be Independent