User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2005, 13:24   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
ITT I am looking for some advice

So I have this job from 9-18. It pays shit and my boss is the biggest asshole in the world.

Today I got paid (yes we´re talking the februari wages here, and yes this is written on the 7th) and I saw there was a good 10% missing.

This was deducted because I was sick for four days.

It pisses me off, and I think it´s illegal.

The 1st of April I start my own firm. I have a legal 15 days notice period. I would like to tell him I´m leaving NOW, but I don´t know what to do. I´m afraid he will not pay me what I´m entitled to in the end.

What to do, GD?
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 13:28   #2
DaWoodster
Registered abUser

DaWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ITT I am looking for some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
What to do, GD?
As little as possible without getting fired before you hand in your resignation.
Then give your boss a seriously bad report in your exit interview.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 13:38   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

The question is: are you short on cash?
If you can take it financially, just leave.
Else you'd be better off trying to get the money off him (the 10%) and then leave.

I'm not sure if he can keep the money from you for being sick. Not here atleast. Or you must have a 0 or 1 hour contract, meaning that you only get paid for the time you work.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 13:42   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I´m pretty damn sure it´s illegal here as well. I´m benefiting from a solid 40hr indefinate contract.

ATM I´m pretty short on cash, indeed. It´s gonna resolve itself in april, but oh well.

I´m so angry right now I could well kill the first person that starts breaking my balls.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 14:09   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Better stay away from your balls then.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 14:24   #6
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

if you think they will give you the money stay until the end but dont do very much
but if you think they wont pay the missing feb or your march money then walk out right now and tell them to shove it
then put on a nice suit and help your gf sell houses for lots of commission to keep the bills paid or raid your savings and have a holiday
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 14:32   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
if you think they will give you the money stay until the end but dont do very much
but if you think they wont pay the missing feb or your march money then walk out right now and tell them to shove it
then put on a nice suit and help your gf sell houses for lots of commission to keep the bills paid or raid your savings and have a holiday
She sells houses?
Incidentally for Mani mi Casa?
I know he sells Spanish villas.
Not that I know the guy, but my aunt has an acquantaince who works for him here in the Netherlands. She (my aunt) pointed out that he might need someone for his website.
Not from him personally, but from the acquantaince and stuff who incidentally said that maintaining the website was a lot of work and she didn't have the know-how....

But anyway...

Have you already made your mind up X?
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 14:45   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
It pisses me off, and I think it´s illegal.
more than likely. where are you? I suggest reporting him to the authorities.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 21:57   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Tomorrow I'm going to tell him that he has 24 hrs to transfer the money he owes me or I'll report him to the authorities for all the charges I can think of.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 22:04   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Check your contract. Lots of places don't pay you if you're sick. It'll be made clear in the terms and conditions of your employment. In most countries there is some kind of statutory sick pay system in place, but you need to have been working for a set period for that to come into effect (or at least, in the UK this is the case).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 22:20   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Check your contract. Lots of places don't pay you if you're sick. It'll be made clear in the terms and conditions of your employment. In most countries there is some kind of statutory sick pay system in place, but you need to have been working for a set period for that to come into effect (or at least, in the UK this is the case).
How long is it in the UK? (I know temperorary staff are covered by different rules)
Also, I don't get private healthcare until 5 years after I've been working Though I can get it out of my 'benefits' package (I'm covered on Dads though, so shan't be taking this option).
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 22:20   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

I'm telling half the story. I work late every day. I have been on non stop 24/7 call duty since June 2004, and not formally as I am called out 2/3 times a week, for which I am not paid extra.

Last friday my in-laws were over from Holland (2500km flight) and as I was having dinner with them in a restaurant I was called for an emergency. It's part of my job, so I go. No problem. I do near everything for the good of his company.

The sad deduction is in my opinion a weird way to say thanks for that. Even if it's illegal by law I strongly feel it's illegal by social standards. You must really really be an asshole to do that. Or am I overreacting?
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 22:24   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The sad deduction is in my opinion a weird way to say thanks for that. Even if it's illegal by law I strongly feel it's illegal by social standards. You must really really be an asshole to do that. Or am I overreacting?
I'd be pissed off if I was you but could it be automatic from payroll?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 22:28   #14
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

We're like a 7 person company. The boss is the owner, payroll manager, managing director and master bullshitter in one.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 00:36   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

**** him over, see what you can get on him before you leave and hand it over to the authorities