User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 Feb 2007, 13:36   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Eitraides - The Race of the XP Whore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe XP Page

Top 100 XP Planets
Rank Uni Rank Coords Ruler Planet Race XP
1 1 15:9:1 8GB Diet Schedule Qebabs Mum Eitraides 17151
2 3 9:8:11 Mein Herz Brennt Weisses Fleisch CCCP Eitraides 15624
3 4 8:8:4 The Slave The Great Wishmaster Eitraides 15611
4 5 4:10:3 Displacement the perihelion Eitraides 13477
5 6 1:5:7 the stupidity a blonde Eitraides 12682
6 55 12:3:11 Antonio Gramsci Regina Coeli Cathaar 12427
7 39 13:7:3 Transcendence Mortality Cathaar 12293
8 52 9:1:9 Zharke Zharpe Eitraides 11995
9 12 7:6:8 DeLoS Leopard 2A6 Eitraides 11946
10 25 1:5:5 Dr Claw MAD Cathaar 11862
7 of the top 10 xp planets are eitraides. is this really the only way to play the race?

also looking at the top 50 planets i see only 11 xan, 3 zik and 1 terran ...the rest are etd and cath.

its a shame tbh :/

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 13:41   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Eitraides - The Race of the XP Whore?

No, it's probably not the only way to play the race, but it is probably the dominant strategy of the round. And eitrades are stats and race abilitieswise superior to other races (yes face it), so it's just "normal" for them to be on top of it. It's been said over and over again, how shit the statistics are, so there's no use of repeating it, but I guess I did it anyways.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 15:37   #3
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

well, as much as i hate "XP playing" i found it REALLY REALLY hard not to gain alot of XP whilst using ETD chips. The firepower is so intence (and defence has so many holes in it !) that its really hard not to play XP, and to do so you have to take inferior targets purposely.

The question should be more like: ETD - Finally usefull Xan-type statset ?.

yes, i am an ETD xp whore i dont know how that happened, wasnt my plan, i swear...
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 21:07   #4
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

the stats sucks and combined with the eta advantage in cluster that makes allies crap you get an xp friendly round

betatests my ass

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 00:19   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Both Etd attack fleets can be easily countered with 0 loss def (Clipper, Chimera, Apparition). This race may take the same losses if they attack a big or a small target... guess what they choose. But I feel that those who are careless about their value will find it more and more difficult to land as the round progresses.
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 03:58   #6
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

The problem is thats its near impossible to keep roids as Etd. A simple check will show only 5 Etd in the top50 value planets and only 9 in the top100. Only Terrans are doing worse. I think most Etd never intended on being XP-whores but were forced into that role by the gaping holes in defence

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 04:56   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Value shows more the size of your fleet than your ability to keep roids
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 09:26   #8
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
so are you saying value somehow magically piles up?
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 09:33   #9
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
No, it's probably not the only way to play the race, but it is probably the dominant strategy of the round. And eitrades are stats and race abilitieswise superior to other races (yes face it), so it's just "normal" for them to be on top of it. It's been said over and over again, how shit the statistics are, so there's no use of repeating it, but I guess I did it anyways.
This about sums it up. Also Makhil, all those ships you mentioned are in attackfleets (apart from apparition maybe, but who needs those).
Quote:
I hope you realised how incredibly wrong this statement was by now?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 09:39   #10
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Well I'm xp-whoring... but at no point did I intentionally set out to do that. Just ever since I got to top10 I've had nonstop incs and couldn't keep hold of the roids I got.

No doubt a lot of other etds are the same.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:04   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I just ****ing can't believe PA descented down to the level of using a racename from a legendary book as a race in their game. So much for profesionalism.
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:28   #12
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
oh yeah sorry, and here i was thinking roids provided the resources needed to grow in value. how silly was i :/

Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:35   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
The problem is thats its near impossible to keep roids as Etd. A simple check will show only 5 Etd in the top50 value planets and only 9 in the top100. Only Terrans are doing worse. I think most Etd never intended on being XP-whores but were forced into that role by the gaping holes in defence
Now which race does not have gaping holes in defence? I'm sure you're about to say xandathrii, but then again the anticruisers and antibattleships xandathrii have are utterly useless. An average eitd BS fleet wipes the floor twice with your shadows before you get to fire.
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:44   #14
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I just ****ing can't believe PA descented down to the level of using a racename from a legendary book as a race in their game. So much for profesionalism.
what book?
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:52   #15
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Dune, House Atreides

(i havent actually read dune. is it worth reading?)

Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:55   #16
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Dune, House Atreides

SilverSmoke seems to think so.
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 10:59   #17
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh yeah sorry, and here i was thinking roids provided the resources needed to grow in value. how silly was i :/
refineries! It's all in the refineries!
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 11:27   #18
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dune, House Atreides

Yes. Yes. God Yes.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 15:09   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

It starts to get boring after the second part in my opinion.
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 15:33   #20
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Dune, House Atreides

o...m...g... and u think you have a place in our small geeky community !?!?

go... read.... now.... come back when youre done reading all the books...

its like were living in the dark ages, i swear...

Know your geek classics... (and, pretty much, just classics period)

and i dont know why do i skip a line before writing another :/ can someone explain ?
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 19:34   #21
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
refineries! It's all in the refineries!

thats what alki said, until he realised he coulda had alot of dists.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 06:49   #22
Makhil

Quote:
Don't play smartass, i said 'more' not 'only'... what would be your value without your ships ? What would be your value without your roids ?
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 14:56   #23
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Don't play smartass, i said 'more' not 'only'... what would be your value without your ships ? What would be your value without your roids ?
how nice of you to miss the point twice, which (the point) is that you cant build a fleet if you cant hold on to your roids. hence if a race cannot hold on to its roids it cannot gather enough resources from the roids (which you had lost) to build a fleet (which then represents value). or to join your great game of rethorical questions, what would your fleet be without any resource income?

Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:56   #24
Makhil

Quote:
how nice of you to miss the point twice, which (the point) is that you cant build a fleet if you cant hold on to your roids. hence if a race cannot hold on to its roids it cannot gather enough resources from the roids (which you had lost) to build a fleet (which then represents value). or to join your great game of rethorical questions, what would your fleet be without any resource income?
Your faked stupidity looks so real... starting from tick 1 your scenario just doesn't work. ofc if you start from tick 500 with a planet having 0 ship you get it right...
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 22:19   #25
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Didnt Elder Scrolls:Morrowind nick the Atreidies Name as well ? Im sure i seen it n some elder scrolls game
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 23:39   #26
Partypopp
[X-Virus]

Partypopp is an unknown quantity at this point

as a eritrades with twin fleet tacitcs i see it as impossible to avoid xp if ur playing seriously any race....good cap gets u good xp/score. and score is the reson ppl play....and value. it gives u rank and gloating rights over ur fellow comerades. ive just been attacking like i always do and end up decent ranked.
so this discussion kinda reminds me of those idiots stating that if u was dumb u whent terran last round cauze it was the easiest. what ppl needs to realize is that alot of ppl arent playing just for fun...theyr playing to win. hence they need to xpwhore to get the score gains needed to be in the good company.
Partypopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 23:52   #27
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

With r16 as exception XP whores never won a round though. So if you are really playing for the win, you might question the choise of actually playing XP whore instead of value heavy.

Mind you the term "XP-whore' is still not really clear to me in PA. Some ppl call themselves XP whores when they attack larger planets than their own. While this is true to some extent, i do not believe you can really speak of an XP whore unless that person is willing to sacrifice its own protection by focussing on a pure attack fleet and doesn't mind losing (large) amounts of value/fleet for decent XP. I believe most players are somewhere in the middle, they like to keep a decent fleet/value, and at the same time try and get as much score from their targets as they can without losing alot of ships in the process.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 07:14   #28
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Basically, lets finish this thread by saying, ETD is an XP race, whether u want it to be or not, so easily for ETD BS to attack huge xans, if they have 200 Tycoon, gonna take like 3.5k shadow to stop them, and even then, me as a xan would prefer to run due to the shadow losses.

so it works out like this
ETD hits big xan, gets lots of roids lots of xp score
Other races come and take etd roids with fi etc
ETD is left with just XP score
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 09:44   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Yeah. It works a bit like that with eitrades frigates and a number of other races too. Wonder who was the idiot behind the stats.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 11:07   #30
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Yeah. It works a bit like that with eitrades frigates and a number of other races too. Wonder who was the idiot behind the stats.
he sure is shit thats for sure
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 19:09   #31
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Can we get some better terminology than 'whore' please?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 23:01   #32
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Can we get some better terminology than 'whore' please?
nah its suits kinda nicely on the playstyle those guys have

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote