User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 19 Sep 2015, 13:29   #1
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold
Santa Stats

http://speedgame.planetarion.com/man...n=109875664182

Main body is done. Ships/Classes/Targeting/Inits
Editing to balance is only required. Pretty much ready for tweaking to make them playable. A/C D/C Cost etc are all pointless to fill out right now. As i'm not going to do the eff calcs in my head.

Please look over them. Emo about the extra's I added to spice up our lives. I'm not against changing and removing the extra. I just think they would work and be a fun round.

If this helps.
FI targets Co 5 times fr 3 de 3
FI gets Hit Co 5 times fr 4 times de 3 times
Co targets fi 5 times fr 3 times de 3 times
Co gets hit fi 5 times fr 3 times de 3 times
Fr hits fi 4 times co 3 times cr 4 times bs 3 times
FR gets hit fi 3 times co 3 times cr 3 times bs 3 times
de hits fi 3 times co 3 times cr 3 times bs 3 times
De gets hit fi 3 times co 3 times cr 3 times bs 3 times
CR hits fr 3 times de 3 times bs 3 times
Bs hits fr 3 times de 3 times cr 4 times

Fi gets hit total 12 times(ter/etd team)
Fi hits total 11 times (ter/etd team)
Co gets hit total 11 times (xan/zik team)
Co hits total 11 times (xan/zik team)
Fr gets hit total 12 times (etd solo team)
Fr hits total 13 times (etd solo team)
De gets hit total 11 times(cath/zik team)
de hits total 12 times (cath/zik team)
Cr gets hit total 11 times(ter/xan team)
cr hits total 10 times (ter/xan team)
Bs gets hit total 10 times ( Cath solo team)
Bs hits total 10 times (solo team)

No countering classes fire during same init...

I've also balanced targeting for attack/def. They are even. No attack class fires unevenly against def or def vs attack. Inits were writen out for each class firing on each class, and i made sure they are balance. FR will never fire 3 times before CR fires once etc.

Last edited by SantaCruz; 20 Sep 2015 at 00:14.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 13:30   #2
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Santa Stats

Appoco said something about another server to put those up on. If this happens, i will do the eff's half of the stats
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 13:38   #3
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Link is dead.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 20:38   #4
SantaCruz
I've been around

Fixed
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 20:52   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Go ask Apppco for access to either speedgame dot or xmas dot planetariom

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 21:01   #6
SantaCruz
I've been around

already got it. i will be uploading tonight when the kids are in bed and the wife wants me to stop bugging her lol. I will also start eff.cost etc tonight. I should have my stats pretty solid by morning.

I noticed we both have taken the same kinda outlook with our stats. We believe its time for abit of a change ;-D
Unread 19 Sep 2015, 21:04   #7
SantaCruz
I've been around

Also BB i will take a better look at your stats this week. If mine don't get chosen, i will rather help the other stats also. I hope you are able to take a good look into mine.

Whatever stats are chosen we need them to be the best they can be.
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 00:14   #8
SantaCruz
I've been around

Updated to speed server
http://speedgame.planetarion.com/man...n=109875664182
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 00:17   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Also BB i will take a better look at your stats this week. If mine don't get chosen, i will rather help the other stats also. I hope you are able to take a good look into mine.

Whatever stats are chosen we need them to be the best they can be.
Well at first glance they are very playable, and looks very clever set up.
Guess it will be easier to get a overview when they are set up on the server.
Cath BS is alone, i think setting zik up to steal into a playable BS fleet should be considered.

Suggest re-doimg brigand, atm you certainly wont have a CR roiding fleet.

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 20 Sep 2015 at 03:16.
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 00:26   #10
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well at first glance they are very playable, and looks very clever set up.
Guess it will be easier to get a overview when they are set up on the server.
Cath BS is alone, i think setting zik up to steal into a playable BS fleet should be considered.

Suggest re-doimg brigand, atm you certainly wont have a CR roiding fleet.

I set ETD BS up into playable Bs fleet with cath BS. Same idea you are thinking only Zik has 2 team up races. Where cath and etd only have 1 atm.
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 00:42   #11
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I set ETD BS up into playable Bs fleet with cath BS. Same idea you are thinking only Zik has 2 team up races. Where cath and etd only have 1 atm.
Well the issue with only one BS race, cath, there wont be much BS around, and going for such a strat based around BS stealing will be very hard. Making cath BS a good solo option by making em strong might change it a little.
Lets be honest, capital hulls were never favoured by majority of the community due to travel speed, and strats based on only cath is very rare.

Unread 20 Sep 2015, 00:52   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Guess you know the pods not right atm?

Unread 20 Sep 2015, 00:58   #13
SantaCruz
I've been around

I didn't notice cath had wrong pod. Am i missing something else?
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 01:01   #14
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Well the issue with only one BS race, cath, there wont be much BS around, and going for such a strat based around BS stealing will be very hard. Making cath BS a good solo option by making em strong might change it a little.
Lets be honest, capital hulls were never favoured by majority of the community due to travel speed, and strats based on only cath is very rare.
That's very untrue. I've hc's for like 40 rounds now. I always have people complain when I pick Fi/Co strat over eta 8 +. Higher eta is favoured in planetarion. If you don't believe me, think of it like this
Queue Constructions
Run and hide
Prelaunched Fleets
Incoming Scans showing Launched fleets...
The game is built for lazy players. Only active HC's don't care if people want eta 9 or 7. They pick the best setup they believe for their members.

Plus the idea for cath bs solo is simple. You pick another strat for your ally. Say Ter/Xan CR. Then you take 10-15 caths. Make them go BS and use their emp for def. It's a setup i've used in ally almost very round i can think of. No not every alliance does it. But it makes it a usable class
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 01:03   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I didn't notice cath had wrong pod. Am i missing something else?
Well some armor/cost/dmg

Unread 20 Sep 2015, 01:14   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
That's very untrue. I've hc's for like 40 rounds now. I always have people complain when I pick Fi/Co strat over eta 8 +. Higher eta is favoured in planetarion. If you don't believe me, think of it like this
Queue Constructions
Run and hide
Prelaunched Fleets
Incoming Scans showing Launched fleets...
The game is built for lazy players. Only active HC's don't care if people want eta 9 or 7. They pick the best setup they believe for their members.

Plus the idea for cath bs solo is simple. You pick another strat for your ally. Say Ter/Xan CR. Then you take 10-15 caths. Make them go BS and use their emp for def. It's a setup i've used in ally almost very round i can think of. No not every alliance does it. But it makes it a usable class
Well either way, prefered hulls, why does brigand steal CR? Do you even want CR in your fleet if you cant build them yourself or following up what you aiming at, team em with your BS?
Its a small change, i dont see it having much effect on the dynamics

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 20 Sep 2015 at 03:16.
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 02:46   #17
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Well some armor/cost/dmg
I hadn't done a/c d/c cost. I had said that.

Saying that. i've got the basics molded for every race but etd. That's tomorrow job. Then i will start to play with eff's and such. Get each ship to were it needs to be.
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 02:49   #18
SantaCruz
I've been around

What are your suggestions on brig than? I need to hit cr with fr. I've already got 3 normal and 1 emp for zik. I would think brig being norm would be worst no?

I've switched Mara to CR from BS. I'll look over this more tomorrow and see if i can keep it.

Does this help your worries about brig?

Last edited by SantaCruz; 20 Sep 2015 at 02:55.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 03:10   #19
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
What are your suggestions on brig than? I need to hit cr with fr. I've already got 3 normal and 1 emp for zik. I would think brig being norm would be worst no?

I've switched Mara to CR from BS. I'll look over this more tomorrow and see if i can keep it.

Does this help your worries about brig?
I guess you say you need ot hit CR with FR due to xan(the pod class are wrong there btw) having their anti CR in FR class?

Unread 20 Sep 2015, 03:37   #20
SantaCruz
I've been around

Yes that and just targeting balance. Right now If i removed it Cr wouldn't be targeted enough with FR. It would become stronger. Having one less opinion to defend against it.
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 22:29   #21
Kez

Kez has a spectacular aura aboutKez has a spectacular aura about

No resource steal option?
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 22:36   #22
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

It's really hard to try to understand these stats. It seems like such a mish mash, but I think there are some hidden gem combos.

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is FR. It looks unplayable as an attack fleet, but everything else has something plausible to go with based on targetting and inits alone.

I think i need a couple of hours to look at every other class/race combo, but thats the first thing that stuck out to me.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2015, 22:41   #23
Kez

Kez has a spectacular aura aboutKez has a spectacular aura about

Saw the terran red stealer. I actually like the look of this. Lots of options. I could see this being fun.
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 01:21   #24
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
It's really hard to try to understand these stats. It seems like such a mish mash, but I think there are some hidden gem combos.

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is FR. It looks unplayable as an attack fleet, but everything else has something plausible to go with based on targetting and inits alone.

I think i need a couple of hours to look at every other class/race combo, but thats the first thing that stuck out to me.
Please do take the time. Cause everyone that has really actually taken time to look into these stats don't feel that way at all.

I will look into the Fr point. However I'm not sure FR isn't play able. It fires First on everything but Emp. If anything i would say Fr has the upper hand in almost all breps.
Ranger will have a pretty nice eff. I would assume around 160%

Whenever appoco is able to fix the speed server issues i will be tweaking eff's more. Atm i get a server error when i try and view analysis page.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 06:36   #25
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Lol attitude. Sort out your effs. Emp ac at 450/500? Sorry but no.

Who is everyone else? Butcher? Nelito? This is why there's no point giving you my view. Cos people like you are to arrogant to understand it. Like you thought tia's stats were that playable.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 08:29   #26
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Lol attitude. Sort out your effs. Emp ac at 450/500? Sorry but no.

Who is everyone else? Butcher? Nelito? This is why there's no point giving you my view. Cos people like you are to arrogant to understand it. Like you thought tia's stats were that playable.
Im sure nobody outside the stats mafia has ever claimed that any stats Tiamata made(apart from the ST ones, r59?) was playable.
Nobody in their right mind wants tiamata to make stats based on his past record of them.

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 08:55   #27
Krypton
KK

Who is in the stats mafia? Because Santa was the only one that said Tia's are the most finished on forums last round and they got picked...
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 10:32   #28
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Who is in the stats mafia? Because Santa was the only one that said Tia's are the most finished on forums last round and they got picked...
Then its safe to suspect he could be connected to it

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 13:02   #29
SantaCruz
I've been around

I can't do my eff actually. Server is down the me.
It's not attitude is common sense. You can't figure out someone's stats in 20min. II was asking for help. "please take the time"... Not random comments. And I wasn't being rude. I told you I would look into.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 13:08   #30
SantaCruz
I've been around

I would like people to break them down. Come up with problems and support. Not fr is unplayable. How does that help anyone.
Explain why you see it is so I can address it.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 13:30   #31
Krypton
KK

I told you why. It is out initted and weak, emp'd easily by fi and bs and has only one attack fleet - unless you are asking Xan to cov op pods with crap rp. And then you are giving Xan the option to 3 pod fleet again? I'm guessing you dont want Xan having 3 pods for obvious reasons which is why you haven't given them pods from the start, so why have you given it a basic fr fleet where this can be achievable?

Etd as a race in your stats has way to many emp ships. It is Cat lite.

I also dont really get what you are doing with Xan in these stats. Going against usual protocol and race characteristics again. Let's go back to basics.

Xan, crap armour, decent damage. i.e. armour significantly worse than steal ships and emp ships. And why would they have a normal ship? I guess it's to give them a disadvantage as it makes what they send as defence ships obvious, but it just doesn't make sense. All Xan ships should be cloaked. I like what you've done with Xan co. That is about it.

Terran heavy armour, slow init. Terrans armour is comparable with all emp ships and etd? Like I said, your stats are all over the place.

I looked at them for 20 mins before. If you don't appreciate my time, pointing out obvious issues then you carry on, give them to apocco, let him not make any reasonable changes and we can have another crap round.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:10   #32
SantaCruz
I've been around

Your right. I won't bother with you. I've said the times I can't access effs right now. So Basicly Mr ac dc and shit isn't finished. And if you actually took time to look. Like I said etd fr fires first on everything but emp. Seeing I can't edit E/R atm. How can you say they emp to easily? Just making shit up in your head. That's how.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:16   #33
Krypton
KK

lol, generally emp is at 130-150% value. Then again, you did think Tia's stats were good with almost 180% emp value in some cases, so I guess I just made a calculated guess...I'm sorry for that fail on my part. I know I shouldn't use calculations and reasonable justification with you!
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:24   #34
SantaCruz
I've been around

Go troll else where. You aren't helping. To busy trying to be right over nothing. Please your ego else where.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:25   #35
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

I've been looking over the stats here and butchers I like the idea of structure killer fleets being apart of main roid fleets as we do have structure defence constructions which hardly ever get built so adds abut more diversity to construction u build with these stats it offers u either the fast attack fleets without structure killers or slow attack fleets with structure killers so it's alittle different which pa needs I feel alittle change all races seem playable to me and for once terran hasn't been sacrificed like so many other rounds the fact no co pods for cath is nice makes a change from them eta 7 badass cath co fleets so much diversity I see in these stats. Normally I don't wanna sound stupid but I don't respond to stay threads as end of day apocco just picks what he wants anyway just please allow santa stats to be passed this time for the sake of pa will make for a very interesting round I hope

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:35   #36
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Emp ships have usually emp eff of 160-175% toward first target and 130-135% toward second target. It can be reduced in order to make the ship worse, but I dont see effs higher than these.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:43   #37
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
lol, generally emp is at 130-150% value. Then again, you did think Tia's stats were good with almost 180% emp value in some cases, so I guess I just made a calculated guess...I'm sorry for that fail on my part. I know I shouldn't use calculations and reasonable justification with you!
You dont play much cath do you?
If you think emp eff is normaly at 130 you cant have been playing many rounds?
Out of curosity what is your round history, so atleast i can know what you base these claims on AC/DC and EMP EFF/RES?

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:50   #38
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Emp ships have usually emp eff of 160-175% toward first target and 130-135% toward second target. It can be reduced in order to make the ship worse, but I dont see effs higher than these.
This is wrong?
T2 is reducing eff by 60%? So 96-105%?

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 16:58   #39
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Even in T2 emp effs are not around 100, more around 130. And if T1 is 175 in order to T2 be 130, probably E/R and costs are adjusted so it is not a simple calc multiplying by 60%.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:06   #40
Krypton
KK

It varies from round to round. Go check previous round stats.

And for the record, Santa I'm not trolling. You're just an egotistical retard who cant take criticism. Enjoyed your bias in picking this rounds failed stats tho! They turned out well didn't they?
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:07   #41
SantaCruz
I've been around

Exactly. Even 180% against xan is normal.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:13   #42
Krypton
KK

I'm referring to it vs other races...not Xan seeing as Xan has weakest emp resistance.

Either way you are just strengthening my point that fr sucks in your stats and being hypocritical
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:13   #43
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Even in T2 emp effs are not around 100, more around 130. And if T1 is 175 in order to T2 be 130, probably E/R and costs are adjusted so it is not a simple calc multiplying by 60%.
Well its a simple calc, in theory, and 130-135 sounds very high.

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:17   #44
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I'm referring to it vs other races...not Xan seeing as Xan has weakest emp resistance.

Either way you are just strengthening my point that fr sucks in your stats and being hypocritical
You didnt reply to my post though.
What do you base your idea what is "normal" eff?
You simply cant look at old stats and calc the eff in your head

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:18   #45
Krypton
KK

I'm using a range that is logical BB based on previous rounds stats. I know it's something that comes hard to you.

I havent used just the recent rounds stats to make calculations because the stats are f**king terrible.
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 17:19   #46
Krypton
KK

Besides, why would I reply to you when Mz has already provided the data and where to get it in your very own stats thread. If you are to incompetent to get there, that's your problem not mine
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 18:54   #47
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Besides, why would I reply to you when Mz has already provided the data and where to get it in your very own stats thread. If you are to incompetent to get there, that's your problem not mine
R62:
14% top100 - 22% total planets

R61:
12% top100 - 10% total planets

R60(know as the worst stats ever):
33% top100 - 23% total planets

R59(skipped due to ST):

R58:
18% top100 - 12% total planets

R57:
33% top100 - 32% total planets

R56:
18% top100 - 22% total planets

R55:
10% top100 - 19% total planets

R54:
10% top100 - 13% total planets

R53
34% top100 - 24% total planets

Overall:
23% top100 - 22% total planets

This round:
26% top100 - 26% total planets

If you just look at the numbers, the percentage of xan planets in top100 is more or less the percentage of the total xans in the univers.

Rounds they were overly favoured or overly represented in the top100:
IsildurX R60
SantaCruz R57
TheoDD R53

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 19:29   #48
Krypton
KK

Ok, so im going to make a concerted effort not to be rude.

Whats your point? And why does this have any relevance to what i have said?
Unread 21 Sep 2015, 19:46   #49
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

If i read it correctly.
R60:
TER/ZIK/CAT/ETD: A/C 440 D/C 433
XAN: A/C 361 D/C 437

R57:
TER/ZIK/CAT/ETD: A/C 512 D/C 421
XAN: A/C 395 D/C 481

R53:
TER/ZIK/CAT/ETD: A/C 465 D/C 417
XAN: A/C 359 D/C 455

R55(outlayer for bad xan round):
TER/ZIK/CAT/ETD: A/C 433 D/C 412
XAN: A/C 337 D/C 423

Santa stats:
TER/ZIK/CAT/ETD: A/C 488 D/C 441
XAN: A/C 384 D/C 436

Unread 21 Sep 2015, 19:52   #50
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Ok, so im going to make a concerted effort not to be rude.

Whats your point? And why does this have any relevance to what i have said?
The discussion is about xan being overpowered in terms of A/C-D/C over the past few years.
Im just trying to give you numbers that says that xan hasnt been much better than any other race.
I think its down to how the stats are built up, not due to xan being to heavy armed.