User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Sep 2014, 16:53   #1
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Public planet tags.

Id like to see whats Peoples opinion on the idea of having your alliance publicly known, stated right next to planet/ruler name.
As the univers has gotten smaller, and incs are self Reporting, the idea of putting time into a intel Department in each alliance is less important.
The small tag limits have from my point of view been a catostrophic for planetarion, and now certain alliance have perhaps 70-80 players outside tag, or as spies in other alliances.
Each round ive been HCing lately its been very common for me to go around to the other alliances trading intel early on to fill up Our coord database With alliance and nicks.
For me this is a stupid, but neccesary task for my alliance to function, and for us to Reach the goals we set for ourself.
Having alliances coords listed Public in game would make it easier for smaller alliances/New alliances to get going in this game, and perhaps it would rule out the need of doing "unethical" Things as posting other alliances phone numbers/coord list Public when youve manage to plant a e-spy in them.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:07   #2
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about
Re: Public planet tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Id like to see whats Peoples opinion on the idea of having your alliance publicly known, stated right next to planet/ruler name.
As the univers has gotten smaller, and incs are self Reporting, the idea of putting time into a intel Department in each alliance is less important.
The small tag limits have from my point of view been a catostrophic for planetarion, and now certain alliance have perhaps 70-80 players outside tag, or as spies in other alliances.
Each round ive been HCing lately its been very common for me to go around to the other alliances trading intel early on to fill up Our coord database With alliance and nicks.
For me this is a stupid, but neccesary task for my alliance to function, and for us to Reach the goals we set for ourself.
Having alliances coords listed Public in game would make it easier for smaller alliances/New alliances to get going in this game, and perhaps it would rule out the need of doing "unethical" Things as posting other alliances phone numbers/coord list Public when youve manage to plant a e-spy in them.
I fully support this idea!

This would make round easier as i can quickly see who is without tag and in general is free roids. It will also make it a lot easier to target a given alliance, and will let us stop doing a important part of PA which is to try and gather and update intel trying to get an advantage.

I am fully for us to be handed everything that require a tad of effort. And on top of that it makes targetting either tagless planets or smaller tags for various reasons a lot easier. ( for example finding HEROES at tick start) will be a lot easier.

Idea sounds like a win win situation for me!
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:08   #3
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

NO this just makes it easier for alliances to get bashed from the start there re some alliances who are known for having bad defence culture and if the whole uni has them mapped from the start its gunna suck for them. Also there are alliances that have built somewhat of a reputation and are disliked/envied by majority of the community and what you are suggesting will just stick a target on them from tick 1

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:09   #4
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

In conclusion i am COMPLETELY unable to see any way at all this could be abused.

WIN WIN SITUATION
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:10   #5
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

And also as Motti has so eloquently put it those who are tagless also become easy marks early on, these planets tend to be new players and if everyone knows they don't have an alliance they are not going to have a good experience.

Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:31   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoops^ View Post
NO this just makes it easier for alliances to get bashed from the start there re some alliances who are known for having bad defence culture and if the whole uni has them mapped from the start its gunna suck for them. Also there are alliances that have built somewhat of a reputation and are disliked/envied by majority of the community and what you are suggesting will just stick a target on them from tick 1
Well it will easier to retall and do some payback.
No top allies would want to land in a fight With a alliance who has a "bad def culture", as they are less likely to be in a good spot in the run it. Targetting that alliance will only give u enemies.
There are more to PA than just "easy" roids

Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:32   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

and this would help the alliance with "bad def culture" get all the needed intel to hit the oppurtunist early on, as they seem to be the same ones with "bad intel kulture

Unread 1 Sep 2014, 17:38   #8
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
and this would help the alliance with "bad def culture" get all the needed intel to hit the oppurtunist early on, as they seem to be the same ones with "bad intel kulture
Can you clarify to which alliance you are refering?
I.e. which alliance(s) has/have a "bad def culture" and "bad intel kulture"?
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 18:16   #9
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

might as well remove the need for scanners and let pa make a battlecalc whenever attacking fleets are faced with defense. This way everyone has time for everything else you can do in pa, like randomly setting population, init roids and ofc sending up to 3 slots to do something.
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 18:29   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Can you clarify to which alliance you are refering?
I.e. which alliance(s) has/have a "bad def culture" and "bad intel culture"?
I got no Clue, im just makign assumptions, gotta ask snoops

Unread 1 Sep 2014, 19:58   #11
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

for me, gathering intel is one of the most fun parts about this game. And while you may fully rely on coord trading for political favours, I personally tend to do very little of it. I definitely never traded my own alliances coords outside of a NAP. Coord trading is a political favour mostly, often even the first step into diplomacy all together. As usually you don't trade (a lot of) intel with an alliance you plan to target for a prolonged period of time.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 22:29   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
for me, gathering intel is one of the most fun parts about this game. And while you may fully rely on coord trading for political favours, I personally tend to do very little of it. I definitely never traded my own alliances coords outside of a NAP. Coord trading is a political favour mostly, often even the first step into diplomacy all together. As usually you don't trade (a lot of) intel with an alliance you plan to target for a prolonged period of time.
Who are you planning to target for a prolonged period at pt24?
The univers is so small these days, its not like its hard at all gathering coords.
I usualy fill up my alliance within the first week.

Unread 1 Sep 2014, 22:30   #13
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
I fully support this idea!

I am fully for us to be handed everything that require a tad of effort. And on top of that it makes targetting either tagless planets or smaller tags for various reasons a lot easier. ( for example finding HEROES at tick start) will be a lot easier.

Idea sounds like a win win situation for me!
Not like HEROES are hard to find, seeing how most if not all write their r/p names in CAPS expressing HEROES in 1 way or the other.

On another side note: I fully support this to be a very shitty idea!
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2014, 22:45   #14
snoops^
p1mp

Quote:
Well it will easier to retall and do some payback.
No top allies would want to land in a fight With a alliance who has a "bad def culture", as they are less likely to be in a good spot in the run it. Targetting that alliance will only give u enemies.
i have no clue what you're saying here...top alliances wont go for easy roids?
wtf game are you playing here pal

Unread 2 Sep 2014, 08:58   #15
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Awful idea and only limits the game further
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2014, 22:07   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

After tick 300, intel is widely known, but limited to people in alliances. It is only a secret for people who aren't in an established alliance. Making this information public after it's become known by the part of the universe that matters doesn't hurt anyone, and helps newbies. How about making each planet's intel public ~200 ticks after it joins a tag? This preserves the early round uncertainty while giving allianceless players a chance to see the universe for what it really is. Win/win?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2014, 17:22   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

After 200 ticks would work aswell, not as how i would like it, but atleast it will give small allies or New players the chance to see what alliances are attacking them in the early parts of the round.
We had Public tags back in r2-r3, and i think it was quite funny hitting the alliances that had hit me back, and it was quite easy to find a retall list.

Unread 3 Sep 2014, 17:54   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
No thank you. Terrible. Why would non-allied planets need intel if they don't have any allegiences.
they could have friends playing the game.
And smaller alliances would enjoy this more, you could actualy be less IRC dependant too

Unread 3 Sep 2014, 19:23   #19
TheoDD

Quote:
they could have friends playing the game.
And smaller alliances would enjoy this more, you could actualy be less IRC dependant too
it still doesnt justify or make this idea good in any fashion.
tbh if i were without an alliance i couldn't care less who is what, when it comes to defending incs or attacking. And i see no reason why anyone else would, this idea is just benefitial for the bigger tags.
Unread 3 Sep 2014, 20:03   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
it still doesnt justify or make this idea good in any fashion.
tbh if i were without an alliance i couldn't care less who is what, when it comes to defending incs or attacking. And i see no reason why anyone else would, this idea is just benefitial for the bigger tags.
how is it benfitial for bigger tags?
Early on the smaller alliance have a chane making a bigger impact on a larger tag than later in the game.
All the alliances ive been in get their intel into tools very quick anyway.
The fact that PA has not yet impleted into alliance tool wich alliance is attacking you the most is quite suprising to me.
Wiich semi dedicated players would want to go around gather intel on all the planets in the univers just to find out who is your most hostile?
All the small 3 waves troll wave tags we have this round is more or less from my point of view just trying to ruin the community spirit of the game With some of their actions(no the troll waving), but i think the general idea of semi dedicated players should be able to teach those alliances that goes for "easy roids" a lesson.

Unread 4 Sep 2014, 00:20   #21
TheoDD

Quote:
how is it benfitial for bigger tags?
Early on the smaller alliance have a chane making a bigger impact on a larger tag than later in the game.
All the alliances ive been in get their intel into tools very quick anyway.
The fact that PA has not yet impleted into alliance tool wich alliance is attacking you the most is quite suprising to me.
Wiich semi dedicated players would want to go around gather intel on all the planets in the univers just to find out who is your most hostile?
All the small 3 waves troll wave tags we have this round is more or less from my point of view just trying to ruin the community spirit of the game With some of their actions(no the troll waving), but i think the general idea of semi dedicated players should be able to teach those alliances that goes for "easy roids" a lesson.
Again a player that has no loyalty to anyone, but himself couldn't care less what tag he "may" have an impact on. A tool that shows stats with different search criteria based on hostility towards alliance is a completly different idea. And tbh useful, but it should have limitted search criterias based on your alliance intel: All planets ranked from top to bottom based on hostility over x pages. (Should display X ammount of hostile fleets and defensive.)
Hostile alliances. Displays list of ingame tagged members of alliance picked. Same Criterias; Most hostile and downwards.
Maybe a Galaxy search aswell, displaying most hostile galaxies.

But what is the difference between the "trollolwavers" and your "dedicated" players? Aren't they dedicated to what they do?
Supplying universe all intel removes one huge factor of the game on alliance level, and does in no way help the smaller ones. The bigger ones can easier coordinate through their agendas. The smaller ones will be farmed like a shit storm from both other small and big tags.
...and like most other people know 3 - 60? fleets will most likely struggle vs any alliance with a 150 fleet+ capability.
Unread 4 Sep 2014, 18:43   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Supplying universe all intel removes one huge factor of the game on alliance level, and does in no way help the smaller ones. The bigger ones can easier coordinate through their agendas. The smaller ones will be farmed like a shit storm from both other small and big tags.
The big alliances already have the intel. For example, the Ultprime bot has HR almost fully mapped out, even though there's no interest in hitting them in an organized fashion, not even for trolling purposes. The people who have something to gain from this suggestion are those in smaller alliances, which tend to have much worse intel, and people who aren't in alliances, who don't have intel at all.

Now, obviously that doesn't mean that suddenly all is right and good in the universe. But sharing the intel that you and me have access to as a manner of course with people who aren't as fortunate or dedicated (hah!) cannot help but lead to a more inclusionary game for all.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 03:17   #23
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The big alliances already have the intel. For example, the Ultprime bot has HR almost fully mapped out, even though there's no interest in hitting them in an organized fashion, not even for trolling purposes. The people who have something to gain from this suggestion are those in smaller alliances, which tend to have much worse intel, and people who aren't in alliances, who don't have intel at all.

Now, obviously that doesn't mean that suddenly all is right and good in the universe. But sharing the intel that you and me have access to as a manner of course with people who aren't as fortunate or dedicated (hah!) cannot help but lead to a more inclusionary game for all.
if everyone avoided hr, they would be much higher ranked round after round. Hr are clearly not avoided but farmed, even tho they are close to a FULL TAG! THEY ALSO will get a clear advantage over the smaller tags. And like i said in my last post. 3 - 60 fleets (1 - 20 members) will ALWAYS struggle to make an impact against an alliance with 150+ fleet capability. Quantity over Quality, and in a game like this quantity matters way more than quality sadly.
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 08:37   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
if everyone avoided hr, they would be much higher ranked round after round. Hr are clearly not avoided but farmed, even tho they are close to a FULL TAG! THEY ALSO will get a clear advantage over the smaller tags. And like i said in my last post. 3 - 60 fleets (1 - 20 members) will ALWAYS struggle to make an impact against an alliance with 150+ fleet capability. Quantity over Quality, and in a game like this quantity matters way more than quality sadly.
Some alliances will avoid HR for tactical reasons while other will avoid say p3nguins for tactical reasons.
Perhaps if it was made easier for smaller/newer/less dedicated tags to hit back alliances/planets that KNOWINGLY are attacking them, the risk of hitting into an alliance like say RainbowS, ND or HR this round would not be worth the gain. Ofc it differs from alliance to alliance what they decide to do with the alliances hitting them, but at the moment finding out who is your most hostile takes a lot of time counting incs from the intel list ingame, if you got anyone in it at all.
If you had all alliance planets listed from round start, and that it was a menu with total inc from each tag, it would make it much easier to choose targets based on this.

Quantity over quality is just an illusion, what matter is how many fleets and value of the fleet each alliance manage to send out daily in my opinion.
How you are able to tacticly use the stats and fleets avaible to your alliance is most important.

Unread 5 Sep 2014, 09:54   #25
TheoDD

Quote:
Some alliances will avoid HR for tactical reasons while other will avoid say p3nguins for tactical reasons.
Perhaps if it was made easier for smaller/newer/less dedicated tags to hit back alliances/planets that KNOWINGLY are attacking them, the risk of hitting into an alliance like say RainbowS, ND or HR this round would not be worth the gain. Ofc it differs from alliance to alliance what they decide to do with the alliances hitting them, but at the moment finding out who is your most hostile takes a lot of time counting incs from the intel list ingame, if you got anyone in it at all.
If you had all alliance planets listed from round start, and that it was a menu with total inc from each tag, it would make it much easier to choose targets based on this.

Quantity over quality is just an illusion, what matter is how many fleets and value of the fleet each alliance manage to send out daily in my opinion.
How you are able to tacticly use the stats and fleets avaible to your alliance is most important.
I dont get your logic, READ MY POSTS PROPERLY and UNDERSTAND THEM. Before you comment against what i said with what i said.

Quote:
A tool that shows stats with different search criteria based on hostility towards alliance is a completly different idea. And tbh useful, but it should have limitted search criterias based on your alliance intel: All planets ranked from top to bottom based on hostility over x pages. (Should display X ammount of hostile fleets and defensive.)
Hostile alliances. Displays list of ingame tagged members of alliance picked. Same Criterias; Most hostile and downwards.
Maybe a Galaxy search aswell, displaying most hostile galaxies.
You go round after round lecturing "everyone" about how this game is supposed to be played, and when you do have a chanse of running an alliance like you've said others should... You do the exact opposite.

How is it easier for smaller/newbies/less dedicated like you keep saying to attack bigger tags back? And seriously... YOU CAN ALWAYS RETAL THOSE WHO HIT YOU... WITHOUT NEEDING INTEL OF ANY SORT!
You will by that hit whatever alliance that is hitting you.

As for quantity over quality being an illusion... What kind of illusion is that? And why wouldn't it be worth hitting into Rainbows/HR or ND?
Do they give crappier XP or roids? They have some default lowered caprate against them? Seriously Bitcher... Think before you write, because your logic is just retarded
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 10:28   #26
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

how about the addition of a scan that reveals such information about a planet
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 10:30   #27
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
how about the addition of a scan that reveals such information about a planet
which information? ammount of hostiles? as that you can manually check through alliance intel. or what tag they have? as that you can check through trading intel, doing news or jumpgates.
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 11:03   #28
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

and how do solo planets trade intel? un allied planets dont have access to input intel
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 12:58   #29
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
if everyone avoided hr, they would be much higher ranked round after round. Hr are clearly not avoided but farmed, even tho they are close to a FULL TAG! THEY ALSO will get a clear advantage over the smaller tags.
Care to elaborate what advantage this would give HR over the smaller tags?
All smaller tags (less then 10 members where mapped in HR intel between tick 1 and tick 2.

Mapping the planets with more members took a bit longer but the last alliance was fully mapped at tick 259. (And that was rather late to some very specific circumstances).

So I'm pretty sure that we already have the 'clear advantage' we would have with having public planet tags..

More to the point:

What are the advantages/disadvantages of public planet tags?
If I were playing without an alliance and there are public planets tags then I would quickly started avoiding all the bigger alliances..
What's the point in attacking them if they have a lot more fleets to defend your inc, to retall...
And the result of that is that those without an alliance will start attacking others without an alliance..

So yes, they should have it easier to land an attack but they themselves might be attacked by (even) more planets..
First they are farmed by the bigger alliances and then they are farmed by there fellow members not in an alliance..

So in the end I've no idea whether or not this would actually change something meaningful for the planets without an alliance/in a small tag...
Fact is: if you are playing without an alliance then it will be difficult to be successful no matter what...
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 15:45   #30
TheoDD

Quote:
Care to elaborate what advantage this would give HR over the smaller tags?
All smaller tags (less then 10 members where mapped in HR intel between tick 1 and tick 2.

Mapping the planets with more members took a bit longer but the last alliance was fully mapped at tick 259. (And that was rather late to some very specific circumstances).

So I'm pretty sure that we already have the 'clear advantage' we would have with having public planet tags..

More to the point:

What are the advantages/disadvantages of public planet tags?
If I were playing without an alliance and there are public planets tags then I would quickly started avoiding all the bigger alliances..
What's the point in attacking them if they have a lot more fleets to defend your inc, to retall...
And the result of that is that those without an alliance will start attacking others without an alliance..

So yes, they should have it easier to land an attack but they themselves might be attacked by (even) more planets..
First they are farmed by the bigger alliances and then they are farmed by there fellow members not in an alliance..

So in the end I've no idea whether or not this would actually change something meaningful for the planets without an alliance/in a small tag...
Fact is: if you are playing without an alliance then it will be difficult to be successful no matter what...
So back to the opposite wish of Butcher? You want all public tags to avoid the bigger ones if you were alone? While butcher wanted public tags to hit the bigger ones if he was alone. And personally i say: I couldn't care less who i hit if i were without tag. (aslong as my attack might be profitable)

And to go back to your first point, i guess there is an agenda behind mapping every tag with less than 10 members tick 1 - 2. ( not sure how you guys did it, and don't really care.) But i expect you guys took advantage of it? There are several ways to have advantages in this game, if you can't tell the difference between advantages / disadvantages then i'm not sure if i SHOULD ELABORATE.
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 15:52   #31
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
You might want to tell everyone else that...? I see every major alliance hitting 2:8 with huge waves time and time again, eventho there are no planets in the big allies in that gal. CT, BF, ND, and p3ng has all hit that gal several times this round, and allies like rainbows has done so once. So i would assume you are dead wrong? There is ONLY "easy" roids to PA. If you're not parttaking in the "easy roids" race, you belong to a group of 10% of the pa players and that makes you a minority and your general unsupported statements void.

Implementing a basher friendly machanism to prevent 1 or 2 people from spreading phone numbers is so far out there that i don't know what to say.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 16:06   #32
Bram

Quote:
And personally i say: I couldn't care less who i hit if i were without tag. (aslong as my attack might be profitable)
Exactly.
And where do you have the most chance of success?
Hitting a 60 tag alliance alone or hitting a planet that is not in a tag?

Quote:
And to go back to your first point, i guess there is an agenda behind mapping every tag with less than 10 members tick 1 - 2. ( not sure how you guys did it, and don't really care.)
Having these tagged to their appropriate tag means mapping the rest becomes easier and easier.. since these can be excluded.

Quote:
But i expect you guys took advantage of it?
If by "advantage" you mean we started by targeting/raiding/farming them then no.
All attacks so far have just been gal raids (but that's besides the point).
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 17:34   #33
TheoDD

Quote:
Exactly.
And where do you have the most chance of success?
Hitting a 60 tag alliance alone or hitting a planet that is not in a tag?

Having these tagged to their appropriate tag means mapping the rest becomes easier and easier.. since these can be excluded.

If by "advantage" you mean we started by targeting/raiding/farming them then no.
All attacks so far have just been gal raids (but that's besides the point).
Quote:
How is it easier for smaller/newbies/less dedicated like you keep saying to attack bigger tags back? And seriously... YOU CAN ALWAYS RETAL THOSE WHO HIT YOU... WITHOUT NEEDING INTEL OF ANY SORT!
I dont get you either, you ask rethorical what i've already have!
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 19:45   #34
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I dont get your logic, READ MY POSTS PROPERLY and UNDERSTAND THEM. Before you comment against what i said with what i said.

You go round after round lecturing "everyone" about how this game is supposed to be played, and when you do have a chanse of running an alliance like you've said others should... You do the exact opposite.

As for quantity over quality being an illusion... What kind of illusion is that? And why wouldn't it be worth hitting into Rainbows/HR or ND?
Do they give crappier XP or roids? They have some default lowered caprate against them? Seriously Bitcher... Think before you write, because your logic is just retarded
Exact opposite of what?
My alliance has been open to new/returning players.
We have not NAPed the Whole, actualy the only NAP deal we have had so far is ND.
We have hit who has hit us, and will continue doing this.
We will stay away from bottom feeding, or fighting for rank number #2.

You say quantity > quality, right, and if #1 keep hitting ranks far below them it will cause a lot of reasons for them to get some sort of revenge.
On round i played with Spore we occasionaly had HR planets in our raids, as often as any other alliance, and the last 200 ticks HR kept crashing fleets at us for troll so we would loose a small amount of value every night due to this. If not the biggest reason for Spore getting beatne at the finish line, atleast a major one.
Im pretty sure if HR hadnt seen that many Spore fleets earlier they would notve partaken in this at the last stages of the round.
Lets see if anyone hits HR/ND and RainbowS a lot, lets see if it will ever bite then in the arse come pt900

Unread 5 Sep 2014, 20:35   #35
TheoDD

Quote:
Exact opposite of what?
My alliance has been open to new/returning players.
We have not NAPed the Whole, actualy the only NAP deal we have had so far is ND.
We have hit who has hit us, and will continue doing this.
We will stay away from bottom feeding, or fighting for rank number #2.

You say quantity > quality, right, and if #1 keep hitting ranks far below them it will cause a lot of reasons for them to get some sort of revenge.
On round i played with Spore we occasionaly had HR planets in our raids, as often as any other alliance, and the last 200 ticks HR kept crashing fleets at us for troll so we would loose a small amount of value every night due to this. If not the biggest reason for Spore getting beatne at the finish line, atleast a major one.
Im pretty sure if HR hadnt seen that many Spore fleets earlier they would notve partaken in this at the last stages of the round.
Lets see if anyone hits HR/ND and RainbowS a lot, lets see if it will ever bite then in the arse come pt900
not one question of mine answered, all i read from this shit is a threat: "We will war whoever hits us."
You neglect the consequences of your own actions, but everyone else should be aware of theirs? Get a grip, and this isnt AD, so don't seem like a fitting place to advertise your politics.
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 20:46   #36
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
not one question of mine answered, all i read from this shit is a threat: "We will war whoever hits us."
You neglect the consequences of your own actions, but everyone else should be aware of theirs? Get a grip, and this isnt AD, so don't seem like a fitting place to advertise your politics.
Im not advertising my politics, just my idea how my views could perhaps help the game grow.
I dont see why intel need to be something else than publicly know.
Perhaps this could be tested out a round or two, and then we could see if there was any change to the game

Unread 5 Sep 2014, 23:53   #37
TheoDD

Quote:
Im not advertising my politics, just my idea how my views could perhaps help the game grow.
I dont see why intel need to be something else than publicly know.
Perhaps this could be tested out a round or two, and then we could see if there was any change to the game

if?
Unread 6 Sep 2014, 22:49   #38
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point

in a smaller universe where players struggle to find something to do on such a boring game as PA, where every attempt to play the game with a different approach gets hammered by "some" people with no imagination whatsoever, you came along with yet another useless idea..

the idea is ment to help smaller tags/allianceless players right? Wrong.. even a 10 player tag only needs a dedicated scanner to gather intel. It may be a boring job but hell its something useful and all his mates will thank him for it. Allianceless/new player dont need free intel, they need a bloody alliance! PA is ment to be played within a group, smaller or bigger, for the win or not, as long as u have fun.. u have absolutely no chance of success playing alone, and there's not enough intel that can save you.

Why not create some kind of apprentice alliance, supported by PATeam or by anyone interested in playing that role? I know there is and has been lots of allys playing that role, but im talking about something more intuitive, a place all self-identified new players can be sent to learn the basic rules of playing the game within a group..

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 12:32   #39
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confraria View Post
in a smaller universe where players struggle to find something to do on such a boring game as PA, where every attempt to play the game with a different approach gets hammered by "some" people with no imagination whatsoever, you came along with yet another useless idea..

the idea is ment to help smaller tags/allianceless players right? Wrong.. even a 10 player tag only needs a dedicated scanner to gather intel. It may be a boring job but hell its something useful and all his mates will thank him for it. Allianceless/new player dont need free intel, they need a bloody alliance! PA is ment to be played within a group, smaller or bigger, for the win or not, as long as u have fun.. u have absolutely no chance of success playing alone, and there's not enough intel that can save you.

Why not create some kind of apprentice alliance, supported by PATeam or by anyone interested in playing that role? I know there is and has been lots of allys playing that role, but im talking about something more intuitive, a place all self-identified new players can be sent to learn the basic rules of playing the game within a group..
I dont see why this idea is useless tbh.
Atleast it would be moved closer to a game where you dont have to use IRC and have fancy tools to gather intel.
My first experince going to "war" some alliance was looking up their planets using the ingame tag system that was avaible back in r2-3, and launch my fleet at them.

PA and alliance security quickly shifted during the early rounds, suddently it alliances started setting up their own servers because of little trust in the netgamer IRC OPs.
Wthen when PaX came with "random" gals alliance set up their own "def channels" where people could report incommings of their gal mates who all were using fake nicks to hide their Identity.

Most alliances had relay bots in every other alliance out there, it was pretty normal and accepted back then.

PA is changing all the time, how people play the game and what tools are avaible ingame will be the deciding factor how people run their alliances, big or small.
I think its just something we have to embrace, if this game is gonna continue on running in the future there has to be change to what you need to play it actively.

Unread 7 Sep 2014, 21:15   #40
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont see the relation about ur idea and not using IRC.. you dont need it to gather intel, the majority of gals post a members list with nick/ally/phone number on the overview, you only need to check their def fleets to map other ally mates. I started playing on r3 but honestly i dont remember that much about those days, too many alcohol, drugs and not enough sleep, but i had no problems with intel back then i just chose a fat target and hit it, who cared about who he was? The game changed alot since then and i dont think IRC is its main problem, probably 99% of current players love to use it..

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 23:28   #41
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

IRC is actually the most important thing to keep this game alive for so long
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2014, 12:52   #42
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
IRC is actually the most important thing to keep this game alive for so long
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2014, 14:57   #43
snoops^
p1mp

IRC is the only reason i still play! All the pals i've made over the years, being able to play with (or against), hang out and chat with them is what keeps me coming back. I'm sure many others feel the same.