User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 May 2003, 15:10   #1
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Who will pull through?

Seeing as round 9.5 is quite near now, im wondering about something.

Which alliance do you think will 'win' round 9.5?
And is there enough time to make a 'clear' winner?
And do you think every alliance will go on its own??

Im wondering if the bashed sides of this round will manage to get their activity back up, so that they can fight against the winners of this round.

Or else we might end up with a catfight between Eclipse and ToT?
Unread 14 May 2003, 15:12   #2
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who will pull through?

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Seeing as round 9.5 is quite near now, im wondering about something.

Which alliance do you think will 'win' round 9.5?
And is there enough time to make a 'clear' winner?
And do you think every alliance will go on its own??

Im wondering if the bashed sides of this round will manage to get their activity back up, so that they can fight against the winners of this round.

Or else we might end up with a catfight between Eclipse and ToT?
The answers to your questions are quite impossible to predict.

Doubt anybody has a crystal ball.
Unread 14 May 2003, 15:15   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I'm guessing there will be some attempts at revenge, and much horrible posting on here will ensue.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:05   #4
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Santa Clause will win
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:08   #5
Dreadnought!

nobody really cares about 9.5 apart from the alliances that screwed up r9
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:21   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
nobody really cared about r9, except those that screwed up r8 =]
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:53   #7
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Olympians.
They'll probably let it run as long as possible.
The ones that count will.

Jester
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:56   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
depends on who takes it serious enough to forget carrying grudges thru to this rd and just concentrates on gettin big quickly but top be honest i would have prefered if they had not opened it up to more sign-ups , give farmers and multi's that extra help they need to get big fast, although havin news scans straight away may help to deter this

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:10   #9
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
i would have prefered if they had not opened it up to more sign-ups , give farmers and multi's that extra help they need to get big fast
A free round is the only way to get more new players in, and r9.5 could be a very good way of doing that. Does anyone really care about farms and multis in a non-serious free round? I think that getting some genuine new players in is worth the cost of a few farm planets.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:14   #10
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
A free round is the only way to get more new players in, and r9.5 could be a very good way of doing that. Does anyone really care about farms and multis in a non-serious free round? I think that getting some genuine new players in is worth the cost of a few farm planets.
A good idea to reinsert the fun factor and the unseriousness of r9.5 would be to remove any universal stats from the game itself. This would mean there is no winner declaration and no competition incase of "winning" something. If there is nothing to win then there is nothing to cheat for is a simple logic in my eyes.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:39   #11
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
A good idea to reinsert the fun factor and the unseriousness of r9.5 would be to remove any universal stats from the game itself. This would mean there is no winner declaration and no competition incase of "winning" something. If there is nothing to win then there is nothing to cheat for is a simple logic in my eyes.
it'd probably be more fun if someone knocked up some unbalanced ship stats and keep them private so no one knows them outside of the creators.

all this planning which ships to build pre round is very dull.
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:46   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
it'd probably be more fun if someone knocked up some unbalanced ship stats and keep them private so no one knows them outside of the creators.

all this planning which ships to build pre round is very dull.
Tend to disagree there, unbalanced stats = ruined fun if you learn you dont have to bother attacking because you clicked the wrong buttons at the start or if you find out your roids are for free for anyone who comes hehe.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:22   #13
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
wow where did you learn psychology? Removing the in-game rankings doesn't take away a persons' competative nature. Besides which there has been little/no prize for the number 1 galaxy of previous rounds as it is.. what exactly do you want them to take away?
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:38   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone would just use pilkara to see the rankings, so removing the Universe page wouldn't exactly change much.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 14 May 2003, 19:06   #15
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Everyone would just use pilkara to see the rankings, so removing the Universe page wouldn't exactly change much.
Obviously the dbdump would go with the universe page. Though this would probably just mean we'd get bots trawling through the galaxy pages for alliances. Just like in round 2.

Jester
Unread 14 May 2003, 19:37   #16
isildurx

Quote:

u may call it a non serious free round, but i always play to 'win', so just loafing around aint a option for me, thou i dont do it at any price liek certain allies this round did

hopefully well get some new players though, ill certainly do my best to alert me m8s.
Unread 14 May 2003, 19:41   #17
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
Obviously the dbdump would go with the universe page. Though this would probably just mean we'd get bots trawling through the galaxy pages for alliances. Just like in round 2.
Wouldn't that be fun
Unread 14 May 2003, 21:24   #18
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
u may call it a non serious free round, but i always play to 'win', so just loafing around aint a option for me, thou i dont do it at any price liek certain allies this round did
theres a difference between winning at any price, and having victory handed to you on a plate.

when people realise that, they'll realise that most of the actions this round were not part of some devious master plan to win, but was mainly due to the ineptitude of other alliances.
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:15   #19
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
theres a difference between winning at any price, and having victory handed to you on a plate.

when people realise that, they'll realise that most of the actions this round were not part of some devious master plan to win, but was mainly due to the ineptitude of other alliances.
yes, but unless society has changed recently, peoples' need to blame other people greatly outweigh that of self perception and personal responsibility.
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:17   #20
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
They will still be bashed by multies and farm planets though, and I doubt it will give enough fun to sign up for a p2p round for them.
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:21   #21
Cochese
Retired

The key word here is free.

I'd guess we'll get a large influx of "new" "players" which will then mysteriously dissapear after r9.5 and the r10 free trial, replaced by anonymous board posters complaining about "why can't Planetarion be free again?!?".

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:29   #22
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
nice idea Focht lets hope the creators take note
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 23:40   #23
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
They will still be bashed by multies and farm planets though, and I doubt it will give enough fun to sign up for a p2p round for them.
Oh well, I guess we should all **** off and give up any hope of PA ever being worth playing again then, shouldn't we?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 01:57   #24
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
now now, eclipse wasn't all that bad dread

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 02:55   #25
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
This is still a round that players will play for a reason.

I'm lost why we have to condition our/players mind this early that this should be a non-serious round, i wonder what's the basis? because it's a .5?(i assume it's not because it's free, since rounds 1-4 are, the most serious rounds in history) And to make it worst we have to make it non-competetive, just to solve the cheating problem? That's a pathetic solution for a dull goal.
Unread 15 May 2003, 07:37   #26
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
well wouldnt we all win?? short rd without blocking and its free...then who care bout #1

Last edited by mcnally; 15 May 2003 at 08:13.
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 08:15   #27
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
now now, eclipse wasn't all that bad dread

rgds Kj

no offense..but was it eclipse who screwed the rd?? kind of have the feeling it was all of us..hmm seems i quoted the wrong post

Last edited by mcnally; 15 May 2003 at 10:08.
Unread 15 May 2003, 11:22   #28
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
[+] Templar

i am not biased

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 12:00   #29
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by mcnally
no offense..but was it eclipse who screwed the rd?? kind of have the feeling it was all of us..hmm seems i quoted the wrong post
heh, I was merely joking m8, like I care what eclipse did or not did

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 May 2003, 12:00   #30
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Oh well, I guess we should all **** off and give up any hope of PA ever being worth playing again then, shouldn't we?
Maybe if we just all ****ed off, there would be hope of PA ever being worth playing again :P
Unread 15 May 2003, 13:45   #31
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
well

I am not going to say much about this round, cause almost all were responsible for the worst round in PA for many players.(since i didnt play round 1/2 there is nothing much i can say about those. )
I hope round 9.5 will be more like round 8, cause that round ruled, mainly cause we had no "gigantic" powerblocks like many other rounds (Hoorah for random ) . I sincerely hope that many alliances learned from this round and know what to do now. Of course everyone wants to win the round and of course people do all they can to win this, but i think many agree to not let r9 be repeated in r9.5 .
I can say on behalf of Vision that we will be here fight til the bitter end and wont give up! We will do our best to win the round ( prolly won't happen, but a little optimism is never wrong ) , so you will hear from us
peace out and happy r 9.5 all

TAFKAJ Vision Head DC
Unread 16 May 2003, 12:24   #32
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

pretty sure rd5 was as ****ed as this 1..but just a guess
Unread 16 May 2003, 12:57   #33
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
mmz yeah

Round was pretty boring too being on the winning side, but the round didnt end after 3/4 weeks like this one
Unread 16 May 2003, 14:18   #34
isildurx

Re: mmz yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by TAFKAJ
Round was pretty boring too being on the winning side, but the round didnt end after 3/4 weeks like this one
this one pretty much ended after 1 week imo.

the little upgulp, descriped as 'wars', between EWET vs NaR and
EW vs TE, was really no biggies at all.
Unread 16 May 2003, 17:33   #35
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The first 72 ticks was fun, at least.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 17:44   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
More, in fact. We've had what, a fortnight of stagnation at most?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 22:10   #37
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
I would assume Eclipse and ToT will have had enough and won't really try too hard. Most likely to win are the bad loser type that will take R9.5 seriously. Probably Wolfpack or Elysium HCs will farm their members to win or something.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 22:19   #38
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
I would assume Eclipse and ToT will have had enough and won't really try too hard. Most likely to win are the bad loser type that will take R9.5 seriously. Probably Wolfpack or Elysium HCs will farm their members to win or something.
Better to prepare for r10 than take r9.5 seriously. I might just sign up a planet to let people take out their anger and revenge upon me and get it out of their system to feel superior.

Takeaway - Zhil's Place

Metal Roid - 3 FI
Crystal Roid - 4 FI +2 CO
Eonium Roid - 2 CO + 2 FR
Childrens Meal (2 Metal, 2 Crystal, 3 Eonium) - 12FI+4CO+8FR
Extra Value Meal (4 Metal, 3 Crystal, 3 Eonium) - 18FI+5CO+8FR
Family Meal (10 Metal, 8 Crystal, 5 Eonium) - 56FI+25CO+10FR

Max your meal (+1 Metal, +1 Crystal, +1 Eonium) - 5FI+4CO+2FR

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 01:24   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
what a load of crap ...

so just cause someone would enjey playing r9.5 he HAS to be one of the losers of r9? So no eclipse/tot member will do good r9.5?

get real

(ohh and I won't play r9.5, got exams)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 May 2003, 01:41   #40
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran

(ohh and I won't play r9.5, got exams)

rgds Kj

I hoipe you keep posting on AD atleast
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 17 May 2003, 08:33   #41
isildurx

Quote:

i seriously doubt hes gonna go away

(P.S i have exams too )
Unread 17 May 2003, 09:32   #42
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Let's not.
Unread 17 May 2003, 10:17   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
heh, but it all made sence though, didn't it? Or do also believe r9.5 is only for the "bad losers" as maddix describes it?

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community