User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 11 May 2003, 23:03   #1
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Speedgame Discussion

First I want to say, how much I enjoyed this my first speedgame weekend. I have played beta a bit before, but this is my first time in a speedgame.

I was entering the weekend, a bit curious as to how things would be handled in gal, cluster, para and with our other 3 allied gals.

Rumours had been flying about this block and that block, and we had been approached buy a couple of them to join up.

I will elaborate a bit further tomorrow I think, but I just couldn't go to bed without thanking my gal and some of our closest allies.

My winning gal was in numerical order.

#1 Desse. The n00b GC. Thank you all for putting up with me.

#2 Mitre. Awesome player, who were in Olympians earlier r9.

#3 CrazyConrad. My attack partner for most of the weekend.
ZIk fr/de really is painful. Titans/Olympians for as long as me.

#4 Baco. My fellow Olympian HC. Got the worst scanning luck. Grew nicely, before getting hurt badly.

#5 Rohal. Olympian DC, who is just always there. Both in Speed PA, and during crunch times in Olympians.

#6 Bandit.. Crazy german, that I got to know during Beta. Currently playing in 18:2 and a proud ToT member.

#7 Kaifux.. Former LDK member, who is rocking Olympians these days. This guy knows how to play Xan.

#8 Reese.. Our darling Olympians member. Always there. Always attacking and defending.. Thank you. :-)

#9 Fletcher.. Top scoring gal member from The Virus. Attacking constantly and nudging me continually to be allowed on "funny" attacks.

#10 Ruther.. Possibly the hardest working PA-player, I know. He ran our attacks for the whole weekend, coordinating with our allies MoW´s. He is one of the biggest reason we fun. Thank you for your effort, mate. It was Priceless.

I want to throw a lot of kind thoughts to Snowseal and his gal 1:10, who stood by us the whole weekend, helping us get the #1 spot, after they were killed on day 1. Snowseal helped me big time politically and has a huge stake in our win.

4:8 Gresniks gal. Another of our allies from the start. Gresnik ended up with biggest planet. Congratulations for that.

2:4.. The gal that was brought down by the rest of c2 to finish in second place. Thank you to Sirad for keeping the promise of staying off each others back. You were a man of your word.

Thanks to the rest of the competitors this weekend. it was fast and furious and a lot of fun. I hope to see you again in another speed round.

Desse.
GC of 1:6:1

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 23:11   #2
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
lamers

Congrats Desse & Co!!!!
(special awards goes to Ruther and BAndiT..think i know you from somewhere)

-MelAn|proud-

- Snoweh and Gresnik you really helped those guys to get #1 spot? Shame on u!!!
- #1 player was tea ( a girl)?????^^
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 23:16   #3
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about

It has been a pleasure m8

Greetings from 1:10

Yama

*bye now!*

Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 23:46   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Congrats to winners, and to 1:10 - you rocked, I had defence from one of your galaxy (#4) on numerous occasions, and it was great - wish I could have helped you more
Unread 12 May 2003, 00:10   #5
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats to you guys.... even though I'm still sure that my gal was by far the best... I'm just a stupit twat at politics cause I'm to loyal to whom I'm with heh

Nomatter what I'm sure that we have had the most fun of everyone playing this speedgame.

Only thing that bothers me is that Snowseal was stupit enough to make nap with Sad to take down Dragons just to find himself aggainst a block that he couldn't handle on his own... its a bit crasy to NAP some ~15 gals aggainst some 6 gals in a universe of 25 serious gals and especialy when its just to find yourself fighting aggainst some 9 gals when you only have some 6 yourself, but well... that is how it is and interesting it was.

We killed the #1 gal quite a few times and we never gave up, and we had a seriously great time playing this round...

Thanks for this time and especialy thanks to glimmer(ya sexah guy(so sexah!!!)), Jurgen, Gorgo, Biusa and to my gal who was probably the most skilled gal player by player... just me ****ing up politics and didn't think of the fact that anyone would be crazy enough to team up more than we had allready done in those 3 blocks which was FAR more than enough.

And well then a last thing... PA HQ get a NEW POWERFULL server FFS!!!! and yes I said POWERFULL!!!!! and trow that crap you got to hell where it belongs... then I think I have said what I think about that :-)

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 00:17   #6
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cbk100
even though I'm still sure that my gal was by far the best
Quote:
my gal who was probably the most skilled gal player by player.
You can't say that.

Quote:
Nomatter what I'm sure that we have had the most fun of everyone playing this speedgame.
Or this.

And you can't win speed games without playing the politics. Getting a couple of allies and trying to stick to them, and only them, throughout just simply won't work.

It's all about backstabbing, allying, backstabbing, allying, and trying to get yourself on top.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 00:20   #7
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
congrats

finally u need a lot of luck to win the round

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 00:28   #8
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
even though I'm still sure that my gal was by far the best...

Jurgen, Gorgo, Biusa and to my gal who was probably the most skilled gal player by player...
..the term "most skilled " usually make me laugh
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 00:50   #9
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hiya from 1:5, we came 25th of the 25 serious gals.

As you know, we got totally ****ed, and loved every minute of it. We ended up in situations where defending against certain peaple was made priority, just to annoy them. And being small and useless we did tend to annoy alot of people. (Hi Xenta!) \o/

This was our first speedround as everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves; it's been the funniest round of PA I've ever played.

Thanks to all the creators who made it all possible and thanks to the other players, who made it such a fun round.

And a special thanks to the ops in #speedround for being so nice about us /noticing the channel every 20 minutes, lol.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 01:04   #10
Nacho_OuZo
OuZo

Nacho_OuZo is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats from 4.9
Nacho_OuZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 01:15   #11
One_Darling

One_Darling is an unknown quantity at this point
hey you guys wtg i wish i could have joined you guys sorry i was busy but you did me proud and deven will be as soon as he finds out \o/ love you guys very very awesome /me smiles so big and sends hugs to each one of you .
So party at my place byob )

Dovey
Unread 12 May 2003, 01:41   #12
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to tell that I really enjoyed it...
I think I'm goign to play every speed round, from now on, as long as I have time for it

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 01:53   #13
Smurfeh
lol troll lol

Smurfeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats from 4:10

It was good game, we clearleh pwn3d j00 on the first day, the second day we only had 8 planets active. It took the whole of c2 and the work of Spinner closing our top planet (hi Yogi) to defeat us.

Pld guys, im glad c2 didn't come out on top!

Regards,

'Rome Needs You!'

Problem_Child (4.10.1)
coza (4.10.2)
DarK_AnGel^ (4.10.3)
masterjw (4.10.4)
Yogibear (4.10.5)
`smurf (4.10.6) - MEEEE
pl0ddy (4.10.7)
zandar (4.10.8)
Sn00py (4.10.9)
TheMicks (4.10.10)

a very nice bunch of guys to play with. pld

also a ty to Eirik, Nero_x, HaNzI, werewolf + more i cant think of to name atm. ohh and the BIGGEST ty goes to the trusted bot [WC]VanXbot which was an awsome piece of coding and we wud have been lost wivout it in this speedround.

Last edited by Smurfeh; 12 May 2003 at 02:07.
Smurfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 02:21   #14
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Way to go guys. Was wishing all weekend I coulda been there to help out, but seems you didn't need it ;-)

Congrats.
Unread 12 May 2003, 02:42   #15
Oghy

Oghy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Congrats 1:6

It was a fun round

my gal (4:10) w00ped some serious ass the first day, whilest 1:6 got beaten down...

roles changed the second day, and half our gal quit after the first big waves on us...

Our gal still managed to get to #7th eventhough most of the guys playing werent the original owners, as nearly all of them quit.

And then i had to go away for 2 hours, arranged a babysitter, partly cause there wasnt a vacmode and i wasnt going to leave my planet like that

Came back and i was closed
In speedround i guess its something nearly everyone does... Its like speeding on the road, if you get caught, you're ****ed.

Oh well, I had fun the entire time I played

congratz to the winners!

-Yogibear
Unread 12 May 2003, 03:10   #16
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
~
In a pure player by player "skill challenge".
2:3 (Sad's Gal) clearly was there.
We had the politics side easily taken care of.
We had the experience easily over most gals.
And without TiG playing ... well you didn't have the best player
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 06:50   #17
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn
..the term "most skilled " usually make me laugh
I am laughing as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nacho_OuZo
congrats from 4.9
Hope you aint bitter m8

Anyways, thnx to all gal m8s in 1:6 and thnx to all who helped us during the weekend
Unread 12 May 2003, 07:50   #18
Rohal
--

Rohal is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

And the Oscar goes to....

nah, i just want to thank Desse, Mitre, CrazyConrad, Baco, Bandit, Kaifux, Reese, Fletcher and Ruther for those two days. it was a pleasure to play with u guys.

many greetings to 1:10, 2:4. 4:8 and 4:9

Rohal
Rohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 08:22   #19
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
I like to add a few words....

First pld to my own gal... We never gave up... And played till the end!
Second pld 1:6, if it wasn't us... it should have been u!! Coop was great.....
Third pld 4:8, we helped your planet being #1 all I wanted to do, cause I didn't liked a few things.. But no backstabbing, so true allies till the end! Only I had the feeling 1:6 and us did all the dirty work or at least lot of more work.(Could be wrong)

Little short story..

Our roiding machine.. I'm sure nobody can beat that! We attacked 2 days long with a interval of 6 and 10 ticks.. Our maximum rest was about 15 ticks(That's fleet home time).. This happened only if a pause was coming up, or a wave of 6 coming to our gal Then we where a little stressed
We where always out attacking, never scared to hit gals above us..

So let's start with saturday,

being #1 till about 12:30 we had a nice jump start, roiding our asses off, It was simple, just hit anything that wasn't us and moved. I think it was because we pissed off about 6/7 gals at the time that we got incoming.. I think it where 7/8 waves, wasn't really organized but they kept on coming..

Next thing we did was trying to come back, but we still lost fleets etc.. so wasn't a big success. Our allies didn't worked good together, almost no joined attacks, and no defence... Only attacks I organized was with Ruther(1:6), which where doing good... Only thing I wondered.. We where able to claim 5 planets for 2 wave's on top gals.. But we where ranked #10/12.. You guys where top5... WTF where you doing with your ships... Staying home... ??? I never really got that.. But more fun for us

So, we needed a good plan for sundays.. We changed some politics, and I made a WE WILL GET ROIDS plan... See LINK we had a nice special way to attack, and roided like crazy.. We never lost a fleet during these attacks...

Things where changing 4:9 where on top.. This was meddy's gal.. They where our allies at start.. Since the beginning they where also allied with the other block(so I've been told) doing nothing for us.. Never joined an attack..So real fence sitters, and NOT true m8's.. Cause I wanted them dead I made an attack channel... Focht, Ruther, Sirad, Gresnik joined.. We claimed each 2 planets.. And launched for about 2 hours with a 6/10 tick interval.. This was the downfall of 4:9.. Thx guys.. After this we roided some C2 Gals empty, who where the next biggest gals...

1:6 Ruther contacted us for joined attacks on big c2 gals, ofc we where in.. Again we took both 5 planets(WTF where you doing with your other fleets) they where first atm, and we where #10.. But we waved some gals to dead... Which was loads of fun...We used very nasty tactics....

Around 19:00 we knew 1:6 was heading to end as #1, our job was finished.. I wanted them to end up as #1, cause imho they where the best gal to work with.. I pm'd several gals for joined attacks, noticed etc.. often only 1:6 replied! Also they where NOT afraid to take big gals, while some gals where roiding lowbies.. We where playing for fun, which that isn't ofc

So Rudmer said let's make it fun.. He searched for possible fleet catch target.. We launched with all on 1 or 2 planets.. The was very funny.. We all lmao.... around 20:15 we didn't had a nice fleet catch target... I opened Planetranking and saw 2:3:8 being #1 planet. Since 1:6 and 4:8(Gresnik) where the m8 I wanted to help I was thinking about giving him a bash.. A planet of 4:8 was second.. So they could have first planet, while 1:6 had first gal...

So we launched all together, 2 wave's at 2:3:8.. Then Klendau PM'd us, begging to go away, and not attack anymore..
So ofc we launched 2/3 other wave's making sure, he would not get 1.... This all gave us loads of fun, having our allies on top!

I want to thank:
Premium
Kilroy
Eddie_V
Argilus
Fredtje
Yama
Rudmer
Snowseal
Cypher
and
TheMicks

Which was our gal

Greetz
Thunder
Unread 12 May 2003, 08:23   #20
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
4:1 ...
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 08:26   #21
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Re: Congrats 1:6

Quote:
Originally posted by Oghy
It was a fun round

my gal (4:10) w00ped some serious ass the first day, whilest 1:6 got beaten down...

roles changed the second day, and half our gal quit after the first big waves on us...

Our gal still managed to get to #7th eventhough most of the guys playing werent the original owners, as nearly all of them quit.

And then i had to go away for 2 hours, arranged a babysitter, partly cause there wasnt a vacmode and i wasnt going to leave my planet like that

Came back and i was closed
In speedround i guess its something nearly everyone does... Its like speeding on the road, if you get caught, you're ****ed.

Oh well, I had fun the entire time I played

congratz to the winners!

-Yogibear
We where playing at 2 lan's of 5/6 people.. So we never had that problem, NOBODY else logged in at somebody's planet(Till Havoc )

T
Unread 12 May 2003, 08:41   #22
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Congrats 1:6

Quote:
Originally posted by Oghy

You didn't We (2:5) caugh up with you the last 2 ticks (saving resources etc )

Quote:
Originally posted by Smurfeh
TheMicks (4.10.10) <==que?
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball

I want to thank:
Premium
Kilroy
Eddie_V
Argilus
Fredtje
Yama
Rudmer
Snowseal
Cypher
and
TheMicks <== que

Which was our gal

Greetz
Thunder
Damn cheaters
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 12 May 2003 at 09:10.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 09:17   #23
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

For the record...

TheMicks was our 11th man.... He played in another gal, only newsscanned for us...

So what about cheating ffs..

Thunder
Unread 12 May 2003, 09:23   #24
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
Well we were the most unskilled sad bunch of wanna pa-players...and we ended second. Ofc we didnt had any fun AT ALL!
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 09:29   #25
Klendau II
Governor

Klendau II is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I opened Planetranking and saw 2:3:8 being #1 planet. Since 1:6 and 4:8(Gresnik) where the m8 I wanted to help I was thinking about giving him a bash.. A planet of 4:8 was second.. So they could have first planet, while 1:6 had first gal...

So we launched all together, 2 wave's at 2:3:8.. Then Klendau PM'd us, begging to go away, and not attack anymore..
So ofc we launched 2/3 other wave's making sure, he would not get 1.... This all gave us loads of fun, having our allies on top!
3 things:

1. If you call the question "so what have i done to deserve this then?" begging, then label me a homeless tramp.
2. If it wasn't for the sheer politics of the game, I would of still been #1 planet, I had enough stored resources (under directions from m0ns00n) to leapfrog into that position, however I was unable to attack from 6:45pm onwards due to the likelehood of retalliations which a 3 man galaxy (myself, MrPink and m0ns00n) simply could not of handled.
3. Even with wave after wave of attack, I still finished 2nd

On a lighter note - Respect to all those who played the round, it was the most fun i've had in PA for a long time. 4:9 were the clear favourite's to finish on top but sheer determination from their competitors (all be it around 6 galaxies, at once), they were brought down. I can't think the likes of Sad, FeNiX and all the others who organized our alliance, it was a superbly ran establishment.

Finally, all credit to my galaxy, and especially m0ns00n who devised some seriously wicked tools for the round and stuck by me through thick and thin. 2:3:

Klendau, temporary G.C and utter n00b
m0ns00n, absolutely amazing player and ally, stuck with it til the end, was a superb attack partner also.
MrPink, original G.C, did so much work behind the scenes and would of probably kicked my arse had he not of been roided on Sunday afternoon
Sad, arranged almost all our politics, helped the galaxy tremendously.
shak, my spiritual leader throughout, phoned me numerous times on Saturday and Sunday morning to have me at my PC for 9am, a true friend and ally.
Necro, the galaxy's ferret coordinator, did some excellent BC'ing and deserved to do better planet wise.
Psi, superb roider, also deserved to do a lot better.
Pies, spliff smoking n00b who now owes me a r10 account
Anton, utter n00b who stayed in the pub most of Saturday letting his resources build up, and he thought it was a 1337 plan :/ Original organizer of the galaxy, great friend to have.
HeLLsHInE, excellent player who like many others should have done better.

Of the 10, 3 planets were closed for suspected "account sharing" *stares at the top 10 galaxies, heh*. That was Psi, HeLLsHInE and Necro - the only evidence that Spinner had of this were PM's from a certain MadCoW (not to mention any names) with login details which he had supposedly got from our galaxy channel. And to all those who are no doubt going to crucify us once again for cheating, you can kindly sod off - we played entirely by the book.

A final shout out to 1:10, 4:9 and 2:5, excellent allies in 2 cases, and a superb challenge in another. Respect to Rudmer and his galaxy for making the final 3 hours such good fun.

-Klendau
La Ketchup of Final Legacy.

I'll bum 'em all.

<Sad> when ur cyb0ring klen it is
<Sad> he gives u soo much pleasure
<Foxman> and always bring animals into the cyb0r
<Sad> he does yes
Klendau II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 09:50   #26
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
3 things:

1. If you call the question "so what have i done to deserve this then?" begging, then label me a homeless tramp.
2. If it wasn't for the sheer politics of the game, I would of still been #1 planet, I had enough stored resources (under directions from m0ns00n) to leapfrog into that position, however I was unable to attack from 6:45pm onwards due to the likelehood of retalliations which a 3 man galaxy (myself, MrPink and m0ns00n) simply could not of handled.
3. Even with wave after wave of attack, I still finished 2nd

Klendau.. It was ofc nothing personal... And we would have launched wave 3,4,5,6 etc if needed

To bad the fleet catch was miscalled

But plz restate #2 in your list... If it wasn't for sheer politics of the game i would still been #1 planet... That's like: "We would have been #1 gal if politics would have been different"

Politics is PART of the game, not an external factor you can't do **** about...

Still nice to finish 2nd ofc

Greetz
T
Unread 12 May 2003, 09:56   #27
cbk100

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
We had the politics side easily taken care of.
We had the experience easily over most gals.
And without TiG playing ... well you didn't have the best player
I had DaKing and that is enough to have the best player :-) and I think you can also see that of his ranking while the war was still 3 sided and not just a huge gang bang on the 6 Dragon gals.

cbk
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:00   #28
cbk100

Quote:
being #1 till about 12:30
heh, the fun thing is that my gal was #1 for a quite long time so sorry to say it... its not true

cbk
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:03   #29
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
Of the 10, 3 planets were closed for suspected "account sharing" *stares at the top 10 galaxies, heh*. That was Psi, HeLLsHInE and Necro - the only evidence that Spinner had of this were PM's from a certain MadCoW (not to mention any names) with login details which he had supposedly got from our galaxy channel. And to all those who are no doubt going to crucify us once again for cheating, you can kindly sod off - we played entirely by the book.
Either he had real login details with makes it evident those guys did accountshare or he did not have the login information in which case I can hardly imagine you would have been closed.

But frankly accountsharing isn't as bad in a speedgame as it is in real PA. People are expected to be on line for thefull period of a speed game. Playing two accounts is hardly an advantage especially when your gal is under attack and all is very hectic. In normal PA off course accountsharing is a huge advantage. It makes it easy to cover for a player who is not able/wating to get on line in time where in speed PA all players generally can be on line for the full time unless some emergercy or a technical problem arrives.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:08   #30
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of
Unhappy

cbk - u totally forg0t to mention me being teh faithful & loyal mascot for ya all during the weekend

*Sniff* :*(

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:38   #31
Ariados
natural born pe0n

Ariados is an unknown quantity at this point
It was as always a very interesting speed round. Congrats to Desse & rest of 1:6

My own gal had a bunch of real good players

Adeptus
MadeMan
Bladester
at0mic_c0w
XeroX
Krush
Rmaine
Valle
Ariados
adastra

but when we got to #1 we got rap0red in 127434654 waves down to 15th spot And from then on we had some tough inc every now and then.

I'm happy with my round though as I managed to finish my planet top10 for the 4th time (out of 5 speedgames), even though I can't count how many ships & roids I lost through the round

Now looking forward to the random speedgame in 2 weeks
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:40   #32
Miccksey

Miccksey is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
For the record...

TheMicks was our 11th man.... He played in another gal, only newsscanned for us...

So what about cheating ffs..

Thunder
and trust me, thats really hectic when they are attacking all the time

try news-scanning 10 planets during a speedround ( one minute ticks ) at eta3 and eta2 and even eta1 and 0 sometimes :P:P

but we made it work hehe

was great fun and wouldnt have want to miss this for the world
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:49   #33
Miccksey

well this old man is tired but it was one heck of a weekend

Congrats to 1:6 for winning this round, you did a great job m8s, also on the politics side ( /me looks at snowseal hihi )

But maybe the best was being in Zandvoort with all of 1:10.
Has been fun peops, and thanks for having me over. Next time, im going for a less stressfull job then arranging newsscans all the time, bad for your nerves :P

Further, 4:10 (my galaxy ) you surprised me big time, never imagined we would be a contender this much, or that we would drew all the fire of c2 ROFL.

Now for some well deserved rest and see you all soon on the battlefield
Unread 12 May 2003, 10:49   #34
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
heh, the fun thing is that my gal was #1 for a quite long time so sorry to say it... its not true

cbk
Don't wanne burst the bubble, saterday at 12:30 CEST we where 100% #1... Then we got bashed.. When round was really going(after 72 ticks) we where top5 most of the time, and #1 for quit long..
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:20   #35
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
to bad the round ends sunday then eh
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:28   #36
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Don't wanne burst the bubble, saterday at 12:30 CEST we where 100% #1... Then we got bashed.. When round was really going(after 72 ticks) we where top5 most of the time, and #1 for quit long..
Heh yeah your gal and ours were kinda equal till you got bashed right before the brake and 1:6 became the #1 (for the time being, #1 has changed many times after that)
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:40   #37
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
/me is proud to have been 1:6 and 2:4 BunneH mascot on sunday
/me hops around
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:43   #38
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

True...

And indeed we got some bashing, but that's part of the game.. Quiting never came to our mind... We loved attacking and stuff, next speedround i will play again(Not the random 1) and with the same gal(FFS, i know to many people that i like playing with)

If able, same allies, especially Ruther's gal...

I learned again more from 2 days playing BC, and want to test these things in speedpa again
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:48   #39
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
basically you want to be #3 in score and #1 in roidcount for the most of the time and just let those resources build up while being artificially small.
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:57   #40
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
ROFLMAO!"!!!!"!"£"43242544325342653654376
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 11:59   #41
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Tick 201

Top 10 Galaxies
1 1 10 Smoker's Delight 1.8k 3.58M 39% 12%
2 1 6 Go GO gadget ships!!!! 1.6k 3.16M 38% 11%
3 2 5 This could be YOUR planet 1.6k 3.01M 33% 13%

Found this in the other thread.. At that moment we where #1 for about 20/30 ticks i think.. We stayed #1 tilll we got bashed before the pause...

Hehe, 7/8 not good planned wave's are worse then a couple of planned... Cause your fleet has constant chance of getting catched
Unread 12 May 2003, 12:20   #42
Miccksey

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
basically you want to be #3 in score and #1 in roidcount for the most of the time and just let those resources build up while being artificially small.
true, but it kinda slaps ya in the face when the gals above you get bashed and you find yourself in that oh so beautifull picture
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:06   #43
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
funny to see cbk saying they were best whole round while we were 10% higher then anyone till you get that many waves over you (without newsies, so everyone lands) which sucks from so many gals but very well played it's been fun
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:20   #44
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
Congratulations from 2:3 to 1:6
u guys realy deserved the winning, u best played politics ( nearly )
tbh if it wasnt for langemann taking over and removing my alliance and kicking some gals and starting a c2 only Co operation
and sirad napping c1 and working with em to save his gal's ass and giving them info well my gal wouldve owned imo.
Thank you to all gals which played the speed round each and every one of u even 1:1 gave us a fun time.
Thanx to our formal allies specialy meddy for the trustful co operation.
Thanx to my gal:

1: MrPink: clearleh one of the best pa players around these days and a 1337 gc/military organiser.

2: Pies: lol u know what u are i wont write anything :P

3: m0ns00n: 1st time to play with u m8 but u clearleh are teh r0cking dude and thanx for teh stuff u coded for us m8. and the target assining and stuff :-)

4: Anton: heh thanx for organising and inviting me to this gr8 gal :-)

5: Necro: 1337 gal m8 and military orgainser for our alliance!!!

6: Shak: sexeh -nuff said

7: myself = n00b etc..

8: Klendau: best player this speed round clearleh deserved #1 spot And a very good gal m8 and was my attack partner for alot of targets.

9: Hellshine: u proved urself m8 and played very well.

10: Psi: 1337 playa .. didnt acc share and didnt deserve the closing + shouldve been in top10 etc..

Thanx for u all guys i had soo much fun which to me is better than the winning.

And as for the backstabbers: good Work guys u played the politics well.
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:21   #45
Miccksey

lets play pool again cyphie ;-)
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:22   #46
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
also meddy's gal shouldve won ffs!!!
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:27   #47
Torjus
Nacho`s Bitch

Torjus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
congrats to you guys.... even though I'm still sure that my gal was by far the best... I'm just a stupit twat at politics cause I'm to loyal to whom I'm with heh

Only thing that bothers me is that Snowseal was stupit enough to make nap with Sad to take down Dragons just to find himself aggainst a block that he couldn't handle on his own... its a bit crasy to NAP some ~15 gals aggainst some 6 gals in a universe of 25 serious gals and especialy when its just to find yourself fighting aggainst some 9 gals when you only have some 6 yourself, but well... that is how it is and interesting it was.

We killed the #1 gal quite a few times and we never gave up, and we had a seriously great time playing this round...

Thanks for this time and especialy thanks to glimmer(ya sexah guy(so sexah!!!)), Jurgen, Gorgo, Biusa and to my gal who was probably the most skilled gal player by player... just me ****ing up politics and didn't think of the fact that anyone would be crazy enough to team up more than we had allready done in those 3 blocks which was FAR more than enough.

And well then a last thing... PA HQ get a NEW POWERFULL server FFS!!!! and yes I said POWERFULL!!!!! and trow that crap you got to hell where it belongs... then I think I have said what I think about that :-)

cbk
give me more names
Proud To be Xraid Pe0n

Round 6: Pe0n
Round 7: Pe0n
Round 8: Pe0n
Round 9: Still Pe0n|tired|half retired
Round 9.5: 41:2:2 Pe0n| The Rider on the White Horse of The river of Life

=Retired Planetarion STAR=
Torjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:28   #48
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll put in here my comments on the attacks on 4:9.

Firstly, as far as I could see, they were not sitting on a fance. Despite what some galaxies tagged. They were playing a fun, aggressive, game. Yes, they had NAPS and allies, but I did not see those as being excessive.

What 4:9 perhaps failed to realize was (this is based on my pre-round draft of how speed games proceed) this:

Phase 1 of speed game: asteroid initiation
- Only small differences in terms of score and fleet are made during this phase, and these differences usually contribute no further than into the first and second attack fleets. [I had about 100 arrowhead lead as compared to "average" players in mah galaxy - them not having the 5% resource bonus by the time of the first attack]

Phase 2: first attacks
- At this stage, nobody wins. However, some galaxies are taken down - this pretty much qualifies for all galaxies that are really "wanted" down. Political maneuvering can still easily save those galaxies later into the round, though.
- Alliance leaders are still under the illusion that they can hold their organization together.

Phase 3 of speed game: diverging scores
- After the first attacks are done, asteroids will actually start concentrating somewhere, and the fleet sizes between galaxies start seriously diverging. Any galaxy who can maintain decent fleets & fair roids is still in the game.
- Some galaxies get taken down irrepairably, a large contributing factor being not so much constant incomings as a bad morale. Many of these galaxies could still save themselves if they simply stayed online & saved all their fleets.
- Soon, there are galaxies that are too small to hurt bigger galaxies alone, which leads to the big getting a moment of relative calm. One "side" has temporarily won and starts plotting breaking their NAPs.

Phase 5: the bottom realizes they will not win (yes, I skipped ahead some)
- Lemming runs. At this point, the galaxies that have attacked most (ie. pissed most people off) will get hurt. They might not be taken down, their fleets might remain, but they'll simply be taken out because they have irritated enough people. The amount of resources produced during past ticks also starts to mean more than the amount asteroids can still produce.

I, at least, joined the first wave or two against 4:9 simply because they had been a major player in taking us down, as well as being a constant threat incluster. Later on, however, I simply joined the attacks because to me, the fall of 4:9 was a clear proof that the best players would not win the round. From my perspective, 4:9 had played about best (I can't say for my own galaxy, I think we did okay... considering)

Anyone who has played games such as Diplomasy understand how important politics is for present day PA. However, personally I still value real skill with the game over politics, since it is never more than a few people per galaxy doing it, but it takes 10 to play their planets well.

Well, just my views.
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:29   #49
Torjus
Nacho`s Bitch

Torjus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Sad
also meddy's gal shouldve won ffs!!!
meddys gal rocked, they leaded after 1 day \o/
OuZo powah
Proud To be Xraid Pe0n

Round 6: Pe0n
Round 7: Pe0n
Round 8: Pe0n
Round 9: Still Pe0n|tired|half retired
Round 9.5: 41:2:2 Pe0n| The Rider on the White Horse of The river of Life

=Retired Planetarion STAR=
Torjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2003, 13:38   #50
Argilus
KniV HC

Argilus is an unknown quantity at this point
thx to all who played the speedgame

Had a great time with 1:10!

Thunder (thx for great plans they rawked)
Premium (thx for being me attackbudy )
Kilroy (thx for letting me stay @ urs, being part of the gal)
Eddie_V (thx for being good player)
Fredtje (no thx to him :P)
Yama (thx for all the politcs)
Rudmer (thx for owning )
Snowseal (thx for politics taken care off)
Cypher (def eater! :P)
and
TheMicks (diff gal, was with us @ lan tho, thx for being with us)

Also still wanna thanks Bashar, who deffed me few times @ start, only def i got outgal

Hope i will be around next speedround if their will still be ones like they are atm due to not sure what changes come rnd10. (cant play the random one due to me school exams )

THX all for making this speedround fun!

(freggel thx for all m8 )
All through the night.

Argilus, Seraphim Guardian Angel
Argilus is offline   Reply With Quote