User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 11:19   #1
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
Official Launch of FA Onilne Gaming and FA Servers

With great pleasure i finally get round to announcing the launch of FA online Gaming and FA Servers.

FA Online Gaming is an extension of Furious Angels Counter Strike and FAnG

We have brought all our other clans under the same banner to create a whole community thingie.

We have also launched FA Servers at the same time.
FA Servers will be supplying gaming servers to gaming clans.

Due to our launch we are also running a special offer on the price of gaming servers
£25 a month for a private 12 player server ideal for practices or clan matches.
Or
£55 a month for a fully international 18 player public server

This offer will run until we fill our first 5 machines.

For more information on FA Online Gaming and FA Servers including the history of FA visit

www.furious-angels.co.uk
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 11:28   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
is that a 'full server' or just a 'gaming server'.

Whats the b/w?

And how do you intend to make it 'not suck' with rumad involved?

I don't even wanna know your 'real' prices if this is supposed to be the 'offer'

Last edited by ParraCida; 22 Jan 2003 at 11:33.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:08   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
How funny.

PA alliance switching to real world business. I will be very amused if you manage to do any profit out of your rather funny venture.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:10   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Dyb will take over the world.
We are just waiting for "the right time".
If you know what I mean.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:19   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
How funny.

PA alliance switching to real world business. I will be very amused if you manage to do any profit out of your rather funny venture.
Funny how?
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:21   #6
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
is that a 'full server' or just a 'gaming server'.

Whats the b/w?

And how do you intend to make it 'not suck' with rumad involved?

I don't even wanna know your 'real' prices if this is supposed to be the 'offer'
gaming server

bw is however much you need even if you have an 18 player server and its full 24/7 you wont run outta bandwidth

rumad isnt involved appart from i think perhaps he runs the fang in pa but i dont know as im not directly involved in pa anymore

and you`ll find those prices are in excess of 100 cheaper than jolt and at least 40 cheaper than our closest competitor
Even the full prices are gonna be about 30 quid cheaper so trying to rib us on price is abit pointless as you`ll loose every time
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:23   #7
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
How funny.

how funny a clueless moron fa started in 1992 along time before pa even existed

the pa alliance side is a minor part of the whole
being active in the development of cs over the years as well as providing official mirrors of files etc makes us a million times more important in cs than in pa

as for profit not trying to make profit just cover costs and supply decent servers to clans unlike the ripoff they call jolt
and making money outta games? ive been doing it for years
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:23   #8
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
The website is.......
...well....

....very grey.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:26   #9
ado

Quote:
Originally posted by hinch
gaming server

bw is however much you need even if you have an 18 player server and its full 24/7 you wont run outta bandwidth

rumad isnt involved appart from i think perhaps he runs the fang in pa but i dont know as im not directly involved in pa anymore

and you`ll find those prices are in excess of 100 cheaper than jolt and at least 40 cheaper than our closest competitor
Even the full prices are gonna be about 30 quid cheaper so trying to rib us on price is abit pointless as you`ll loose every time
HI!!!!!!!!!!

lets do some maths shall we,...

ok we all know that a 18 player public CS server / TFC server will pretty much be in use about 18 hours a day constantly if it becomes popular..... so

18 players * 4k per second = 72 k per second

* 60 = 4 megs per minute

* 60 = 250 approx megs an hour

* 18 = 5 gigs a day

* 30 = 130 gigs a month approx

so how exactly do ou intend to make a profit only charging 55 ukp a month ?

Do the maths.. it dosnt work out

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:27   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ado
Do the maths.. it dosnt work out
You aren't seriously that stupid are you?
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:28   #11
ado

lets add to this hardware cost.. and hosting base cost + those bandwith charges.

Hinch I just started a uk software development company with 100k financing approx.. and I would trouble to make money with double your costs and that is without "making a profit".

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:28   #12
hinch
Banned

ok you wanan do the maths

remove worries about bandwidth then see point A about running servers

each machine is capable of running 5 18 player public server without any heavy load on the machine

how do i intend to make money? i dont i intend to cover costs
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:29   #13
ado

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
You aren't seriously that stupid are you?
Clearly I must be... I have only ran a TFC server on a ex uni machine for a few years and know EXACTLY how much a decent public server uses in bandwith.

ANd since I have a 15% share in a Development company now.. i know how much bandwith costs....

So yes... I am THAT stupid

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:30   #14
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ado
lets add to this hardware cost.. and hosting base cost + those bandwith charges.

Hinch I just started a uk software development company with 100k financing approx.. and I would trouble to make money with double your costs and that is without "making a profit".
well
a) your not me
b) you dont have the connections i have
c) i was owed alot of favours by very important people

as for running costs on 100k i could run us at our current size for 2 years and thats without making profit
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:30   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by ado
Clearly I must be... I have only ran a TFC server on a ex uni machine for a few years and know EXACTLY how much a decent public server uses in bandwith.

ANd since I have a 15% share in a Development company now.. i know how much bandwith costs....

If you honestly believe that someone would sink funds into something who's been doing this since '92 without first considering if its viable or not?

Quote:
Originally posted by ado
Well done.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:34   #16
ado

Quote:
well
a) your not me
b) you dont have the connections i have
c) i was owed alot of favours by very important people

as for running costs on 100k i could run us at our current size for 2 years and thats without making profit
Hinch I am glad I am not you.
As for your connections...well yes I agree mine arnt stupid enough to consider a non finacially viable venture....
and c) good for them.... money.... black hole.... lost

I hate to say it.. but you have thus far been incapable of running a stable IRC network.. your portal looks to be developed by a artistic retard or certainly a stock theme of a standard portal code... you list no decent specifics.....what reason do we have to believe this will be anymore sucessfull than fang itself

If it suceeeds good luck to it.. i am glad.. but dont expect and "respect" for simply an announcement....

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:41   #17
ado

from your Ip range you look to be using dedipower.com

I wonder if its the 75ukp or 105ukp a month server.. with the 4 ip's option.. your gambling that the included 80 gigs or 75 gigs of bandwith will be enough for all the gaming servers you use.

And they have no minimum contract so you can bail if you need to.

Smart move hinch

or maybee the dedipro with garenteed pipe and 320 gigs a month bandwith limit

I can see the maths already..... still struggeling if you over use the servers.

O well.. ill watch and see

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:49   #18
hinch
Banned

or maybe theres someone at dedi who owes me big time
or perhaps i own a % share in asuk the parent company

the design images/layout of the site were done by playertz the person who i believe did the last titans banners last round.

as for the code base initally based on something called asp nuke however this is in french and runs off an ms access backend

having rewritten it into english and fixed alot of the bugs its upgraded and running off a dedicated sqlserver database back end so yes i did base it on so many other peoples code just like you based your stuff on vbb and vbportal

as coders you know as well as i do we`ll cut corners to save time wherever we can
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:54   #19
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Clearly being owed favours is the way to go, especially if you can't cut it technically speaking.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:55   #20
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
as coders you know as well as i do we`ll cut corners to save time wherever we can
I still can't get ******* to work Obviously I suck too much

[edit]WTF? p-h-p-n-u-k-e is CENSORED? [/edit]
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:57   #21
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Clearly being owed favours is the way to go, especially if you can't cut it technically speaking.
an mcsd and an mcsd.net do disagree with you

however when you leave school and get a job then i believe your comments will bevalid
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:58   #22
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Clearly being owed favours is the way to go
HELL YES!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 12:59   #23
ado

Quote:

however when you leave school and get a job then i believe your comments will bevalid
/me laffs , I have not seen someone so proud of there "mickeysoft" qualifications in a long time.. why not get a real slip of paper and get sun certified or rhcse certified.

And as for getting a job.. wansnt it a certain someone who not so long ago was sat at home for 6 months playing PA unable to get employment ? or am i imagining things again ey ?

How the fallen have gained such a big ego.. and how its easy to look big on a space game forum

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:10   #24
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
gayle: p-h-p-nuke is extremely easy to install and configure, i know hardly any php and did it in a few minutes, then looking at the source etc learned a little bit of php (enough to edit a few things, etc)

oh and hinch stop 0wning the annoying little kiddy, it's not like you need to dignify his ramblings with a response or anything
Are the best i've ever had
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:17   #25
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
gayle: p-h-p-nuke is extremely easy to install and configure, i know hardly any php and did it in a few minutes, then looking at the source etc learned a little bit of php (enough to edit a few things, etc)
I know, all I get is a blank page though when I access the index or admin URLs. DB is all setup to spec etc but it just doesn't work. I THINK I know what the problem is, Redhat included Apache 2 in their latest distro, DUMBEST MOVE OF THE YEAR! WHY RUIN THE BEST LOOKING DISTRO EVER WITH A ****E WEBSERVER THAT EVERYONE KNOWS IS STILL BROKEN?!?!?!?

*ahem*

Sorry about that
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:50   #26
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ado
/me laffs , I have not seen someone so proud of there "mickeysoft" qualifications in a long time.. why not get a real slip of paper and get sun certified or rhcse certified.

And as for getting a job.. wansnt it a certain someone who not so long ago was sat at home for 6 months playing PA unable to get employment ? or am i imagining things again ey ?

How the fallen have gained such a big ego.. and how its easy to look big on a space game forum
wouldnt waste my time on sun as for rhce i have one of them from my time at bt
as for sitting at home it was 8 months and that was partly through choice and then bad timing as the market collapsed
kinda fixed that now just run your own company (again funded by me)
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:52   #27
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Good luck with the venture Hinch. Unlike some I will quite happily assume that you do know what you are doing

Vaio
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:54   #28
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:

If I you were the real market, and your ass would be those two mockeries of ict certification, and my penis would be a bank...

ANyway

We point
We laugh
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 13:59   #29
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
If I you were the real market, and your ass would be those two mockeries of ict certification, and my penis would be a bank...

ANyway

We point
We laugh
luckily you arent in the market

and for those you you stuck in dream world

the market wants microsoft people and ms developers knowing ms languages

if they wanted php ones etc i`d just have to do php instead but they dont want that do they
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:03   #30
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
luckily you arent in the market

and for those you you stuck in dream world

Oh Hinch control your temper.

You say such incredibly stupid things when you're angry.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:10   #31
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
the market wants microsoft people and ms developers knowing ms languages

if they wanted php ones etc i`d just have to do php instead but they dont want that do they
I got my employers to install PHP/MySQL/Apache (windows versions though, linux would have meant actual cost as opposed to using existing kit) and wrote them a web/DB interface \o/ Could this be the first move towards dumping ASP and finding the joys of open source? I bet it's not
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:16   #32
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
www.Clan-Serv.co.uk are pretty good too.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:19   #33
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ado.
DO shut up, there's a good chap.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:19   #34
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I like it... advertising business in direct competition with Jolt... on a Jolt-owned site!

Nice!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:21   #35
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I like it... advertising business in direct competition with Jolt... on a Jolt-owned site!

Nice!

M.
Heh, that fact hadnt even crossed my mind.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:21   #36
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

It's not as if they care what we do here.

Look at df3.

[/topical]
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:50   #37
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
hinch has me for technical bull****. So hinch's lack of nix qualifications is hardly relevant. If you would like to attack my skills, go right for it.

As for your bandwidth 'calculations'. The majority of clan servers are busy for 5-6 hours per day IF THEY ARE VERY POPULAR. Your 'university' server (methinks someone plugged his computer into the wall and ran a tfc server ..) it was quite probably set up as a lan server, with the ensuing comical sv_maxrate.

Either that, or you didnt actually measure the bw of that process, just the total used for that machine, and had a bunch of file sharing services or similar running.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:58   #38
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
silence MT
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 15:04   #39
Idi

hmm 'attack MT's skillz'

IT TOOK YOU 4 WEEKS TO DO WHAT I DID IN 1 AND HAVE WE BEEN PAID YET?

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 15:46   #40
ado

Quote:
Originally posted by MT
hinch has me for technical bull****. So hinch's lack of nix qualifications is hardly relevant. If you would like to attack my skills, go right for it.

As for your bandwidth 'calculations'. The majority of clan servers are busy for 5-6 hours per day IF THEY ARE VERY POPULAR. Your 'university' server (methinks someone plugged his computer into the wall and ran a tfc server ..) it was quite probably set up as a lan server, with the ensuing comical sv_maxrate.

Either that, or you didnt actually measure the bw of that process, just the total used for that machine, and had a bunch of file sharing services or similar running.
Hinch's lack of unix qualifications is very relavant for a post which directly attacked them.. or lack theorof.

My bandwith calculations are very accurate since my TFC server has between 8-12 people on 24/7 and the other server I played on also had similar number ... bear in mind this was at the pont that TFC was very popular. And it wasnt my personal machine it was a computer adminned society sever.. in other words pretty much my personal toy on janet ( 100mbps -> 155mbps - > 1gbps at the time). So yes.. was a nice machine all in all.

If you take a look at some decent CS servers they have constant usage too....

As for MY *nix knowledge.. the bandwith calculations were taken using process accounting (i dont have to explain that if you know your stuff) so they are very much accurate.. and were graphed using a combination of MRTG and a custom perl based graphing tool.

My point is.. hinch is saying bandwith dosnt matter.. it DOES.. there is no provider in the world that will negate bandwith costs unless there is something dodgy happening.. if hinch has contacts with bottomless pockets best of luck to him.

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 15:55   #41
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by ado
Hinch's lack of unix qualifications is very relavant for a post which directly attacked them.. or lack theorof.

My bandwith calculations are very accurate since my TFC server has between 8-12 people on 24/7 and the other server I played on also had similar number ... bear in mind this was at the pont that TFC was very popular. And it wasnt my personal machine it was a computer adminned society sever.. in other words pretty much my personal toy on janet ( 100mbps -> 155mbps - > 1gbps at the time). So yes.. was a nice machine all in all.

If you take a look at some decent CS servers they have constant usage too....

As for MY *nix knowledge.. the bandwith calculations were taken using process accounting (i dont have to explain that if you know your stuff) so they are very much accurate.. and were graphed using a combination of MRTG and a custom perl based graphing tool.

My point is.. hinch is saying bandwith dosnt matter.. it DOES.. there is no provider in the world that will negate bandwith costs unless there is something dodgy happening.. if hinch has contacts with bottomless pockets best of luck to him.
so what you are saying is that..

1) you are gay
2) it doesnt matter if the people that administer hinches servers know unix, the fact that he does not means he will fail
3) you are gay
4) you tried to do the same thing before at uni and failed
5) you are gay
6) even though hinch has clearly got something up his sleave and has been 'doing' 'it' since forever and has countless people and company that owe him favours he still cant be as good as you because you are the most gay person in the world
7) you are gay
8) you know how to use a perl tool and do process accounting for bandwidth so you must be the most important man in the world because noone else knows how to use them
9) you are gay
10) you are gay

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:01   #42
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
By scientific research and personal experience, i can confirm that ado is not gay.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:02   #43
ado

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
so what you are saying is that..

1) you are gay
2) it doesnt matter if the people that administer hinches servers know unix, the fact that he does not means he will fail
3) you are gay
4) you tried to do the same thing before at uni and failed
5) you are gay
6) even though hinch has clearly got something up his sleave and has been 'doing' 'it' since forever and has countless people and company that owe him favours he still cant be as good as you because you are the most gay person in the world
7) you are gay
8) you know how to use a perl tool and do process accounting for bandwidth so you must be the most important man in the world because noone else knows how to use them
9) you are gay
10) you are gay
I know you are you said you are.. so what am I.... lets all have the intelligence of a 10 year old !

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:02   #44
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
PHP is the best choice if your site is only going to display 10 photos of britney spears and a guestbook.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:03   #45
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
PHP is the best choice if your site is going to display only 10 photos of britney spears and a guestbook.
I actually know off a pretty good PHP site.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:04   #46
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I actually know off a pretty good PHP site.
Im not saying its impossible to do anything semi-complex in PHP, I'm saying its stupid, and youll end up doing 5 times as much work as you would otherwise, just so you can masturbate under the table when youve finished about how good open source is.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:05   #47
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Im not saying its impossible to do anything semi-complex in PHP, I'm saying its stupid, and youll end up doing 5 times as much work, just so you can masturbate under the table when youve finished about how good open source is.
Oh.
What are the alternatives, really? (im thinking off setting up a PHP type site)
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:09   #48
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Oh.
What are the alternatives, really? (im thinking off setting up a PHP type site)
J2EE is pretty
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:11   #49
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
J2EE is pretty
SICK MAN!

I don't have a VM. Sun's is too slow and the MS one isn't standards compliant, welcome to Programmers Hell!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 16:11   #50
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
I got my employers to install PHP/MySQL/Apache (windows versions though, linux would have meant actual cost as opposed to using existing kit) and wrote them a web/DB interface \o/ Could this be the first move towards dumping ASP and finding the joys of open source? I bet it's not

by "wrote them a web/DB interface" im assuming you meant "installed phpMyAdmin"
Closed Thread