User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Nov 2002, 11:33   #1
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Which is the BEST managed part of the community? (vote on portal poll)

You can vote on the Planetarion Portal - http://home.planetarion.com about this.

This is the list of people responsible for each section:

1) The Game (Spinner, Fudge)
2) Game Support (Oreo, Zeus)
3) IRC ("Channel Manager" Mushroom)
4) Forums (JammyJim, Ashknight)
5) Portal (A2, Kloopy, Harshak, Noctu)
6) Alliance Hosting (Kloopy)

We're not interested in what you think is worst, just the best part.

Personally my vote is between The Game and IRC.
The Game because it exists with 5000 players and very few problems
and IRC because Mushroom is an excellent channel manager and great at sorting out disputes.
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 11:34   #2
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
forums because theyre the only non **** thing about the whole lot
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 12:24   #3
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Taking into previous problems rules the Game out. In the past few years its been far from flawless

Game support is ok upto a point, however biased and wrong it may be (although full credit to Oreo's work). And I spose is Creators hour, creators decisions on rollbacks etc etc is anything to go by (not to mention the 'support' surrounding certain WC prizes ) then that area falls down.

IRC has always ran fine, but it kinda runs itself and is one of the most important parts of the game... as for sorting out 'disputes' ?_?_?_? huh?

Forums are great, they are an important part of the pa community, however went 'off the rails' for a tad with the amount of BS posts that came from the community (although tighter moderation is now in place).

Portal.... uhm, does any1 actually ever go there? I think they lost the chance of capturing the pa audience after years of no updates and revamps, even though it may be running fine now (apart from its bias towards drivel, and other news that really doesnt have an awful lot to do about anything )

AH, seems ok I spose... although im still upset about the @_@ alliance being deleted for 'not being a real alliance'

flame me ahoy
________
Colorado dispensaries

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:09.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 13:59   #4
Johny Jazz©

No support. I've seen reports of bugs from the very start and nothing has been done. I've reported players with players admitting to cheating with nothing done. I've not seen a creator except for Zeus at all to be honest.

Same as above then.

IRC seems to be functioning as it should. But there's not alot to do apart from delete and create channels. Plus I've been IRC inactive for a while so haven't noticed anything special if it ever happened.

Same as IRC. It's more down to the mod as to whether it fucntions or not. I've seen a few posts moved from either the right forum to the wrong one, or the wrong forum to another wrong one.

The portal is just a place for the select few to post ********. Thank god the game is ending, if it wasn't it wouldn't get any new players. People come along and see stupid polls or news items and think the game is run by a group of 13 year olds. Would you really had over credit card detials if you thought that?

Never used it.

It's not what you wanted A2 but it's what your getting.
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 14:08   #5
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Johny Jazz©
No support. I've seen reports of bugs from the very start and nothing has been done. I've reported players with players admitting to cheating with nothing done. I've not seen a creator except for Zeus at all to be honest.

Same as above then.

IRC seems to be functioning as it should. But there's not alot to do apart from delete and create channels. Plus I've been IRC inactive for a while so haven't noticed anything special if it ever happened.

Same as IRC. It's more down to the mod as to whether it fucntions or not. I've seen a few posts moved from either the right forum to the wrong one, or the wrong forum to another wrong one.

The portal is just a place for the select few to post ********. Thank god the game is ending, if it wasn't it wouldn't get any new players. People come along and see stupid polls or news items and think the game is run by a group of 13 year olds. Would you really had over credit card detials if you thought that?

Never used it.

It's not what you wanted A2 but it's what your getting.
could have been my post - you said it all!

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 14:08   #6
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
'the players'

irc and the forums play their part but it has nothing to do with JJ and Ash or that useless twat Mushroom.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 14:53   #7
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing worth voting for there

Overburn def makes it too tough to get roids, and Xandathrii are too powerful. So much for beta-testing :-(

What support?

All the big alliances run their own servers, I wonder why?

Deleting all the bug reports and removing the suggestions forum? pld!

Totally devoid of content - why delete all the old columns and columnists?

All the big alliances run their own servers, I wonder why?

I'd vote for pilkara.com if it was an option. It's fast, well thought out, reliable, free and immensely useful, which is more than you can say for any of the options we are presented with.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 15:15   #8
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Johny Jazz©

this is what i voted. irc that is, however u seem to have "very" little idea of just how much work running a large public irc server is, firstly abuse complaints ... (and a fck load of them id imagine on ng network) secondly monitoring what ppl get up 2, handling racism, etc .. banning ppl, banning ban evaders .. the list goes on .. mainiting server boxes, bringing contingancy plans into effect if a server box (.. or link) goes down, constant recoding of irc'd / chanserv (p in the ng case..) for tweaking and improvemts, appointing staff who r trustworthy to csc, ircd staff positions, removing axx abusers, keeping channel's in order (removing pron links, etc from topics) and the list goes on ... thats before u even account for fcking dos'ers etc (.. i won't go there .. death to dos'ers.. die.. hate ..etc)

wonder if ive made my point *sigh*
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 17:51   #9
Sly
Tzuper

Sly is an unknown quantity at this point
Why the hell do you want to know? PA is the most unprofessional game I have ever experienced.
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 20:04   #10
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
Re: Which is the BEST managed part of the community? (vote on portal poll)

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
You can vote on the Planetarion Portal - http://home.planetarion.com about this.

This is the list of people responsible for each section:

Personally my vote is between The Game and IRC.
The Game because it exists with 5000 players and very few problems
and IRC because Mushroom is an excellent channel manager and great at sorting out disputes.
you missed the last option
7) its all a ****ing shambles and full of Bull ****
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 20:15   #11
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel

this is what i voted. irc that is, however u seem to have "very" little idea of just how much work running a large public irc server is, firstly abuse complaints ... (and a fck load of them id imagine on ng network) secondly monitoring what ppl get up 2, handling racism, etc .. banning ppl, banning ban evaders .. the list goes on .. mainiting server boxes, bringing contingancy plans into effect if a server box (.. or link) goes down, constant recoding of irc'd / chanserv (p in the ng case..) for tweaking and improvemts, appointing staff who r trustworthy to csc, ircd staff positions, removing axx abusers, keeping channel's in order (removing pron links, etc from topics) and the list goes on ... thats before u even account for fcking dos'ers etc (.. i won't go there .. death to dos'ers.. die.. hate ..etc)

Wouldent discribe netgamers as a large IRC network

Undernet has There are 45123 users and 63544 invisible on 36 servers

Quakenet has There are 78652 users and 65331 invisible on 49 servers

Dalnet has There are 1642 users and 86990 invisible on 22 servers

Efnet has There are 8739 users and 102780 invisible on 51 servers

thses are large IRC networks

compaied to the netgamers There are 1285 users and 1465 invisible on 9 servers

heh

the net gamers IRCD is the Undernet IRCD with a few changes
P is Undernets X (Gnuworld) with a few changes

both freely avaible for download from

http://coder-com.undernet.org

look at the 2 source codes for eatch aint mutch been done to them if you want to compaire

and if the job was so hard (i know form persnall expernaice) you just apoint more Opers to corispond to the current work load

dont over elaborate for something that is made to seem hard when it aint that tedious or that time consumeing as you try and make out it is
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 20:38   #12
Johny Jazz©

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel

Mushroom does all that all on his own?

Gees, he's a busy little fella ain't he.
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 01:52   #13
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
This forum community sucks, I'm sure you'll all flame me what I have to say...

You all a bunch of bloody retards. Can you not read, be sensible, be mature, be thoughtful, be kind, be thankful.

The very start of the thread asked what you thought the BEST bit of Planetarion was, not the worst. Read you idiots.

Noone gives a flying-feck what you think the worst thing is, GD is the hole for that. It annoys me, severely, as you can tell.

After a damn long time of this game, you wasting so many hours on it, having a great deal of fun, the least you can be is greatful for the masterpiece that the creators have come up with.

This game was the first real success in online browser based gaming, its part of history, you are too, for playing it.

Have some pride in the game, some respect for the creators and most importantly an understanding that you are just one of many thousands in this community. You should act towards others how you'd like to be acted towards.

You are a real person, just like every other person you take the piss out of, just like every other person you upset and annoy.

It bloody annoys me.

Good night.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 01:55   #14
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: Which is the BEST managed part of the community? (vote on portal poll)

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

Quoting yourself isn't usually done, but in this case it is necessary.

Grow up all of you fs!

We asked for the BEST part, and if you want to whine about PA or any of the parts associated with it then please take your comments elsewhere!

posted in disgust at the forum community,
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 02:32   #15
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

Re: Re: Which is the BEST managed part of the community? (vote on portal poll)

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

Quoting yourself isn't usually done, but in this case it is necessary.

Grow up all of you fs!

We asked for the BEST part, and if you want to whine about PA or any of the parts associated with it then please take your comments elsewhere!

posted in disgust at the forum community,

you shearly do miss the point dont you
we play / played this game becase we enjoyed it but it has deteriorated in to something witch can only be complained about in the most rude and argumentive mannor

i started playing in rnd 1 i was one of the few left in this comunity that can rember Rnd 1 weather it was the game or the comunity it has seen bettter days your question should sit rather when was it better compairing PA now is like compairing the once all mighty british empire to what parts of it have degernated to the lowest leval and witch bits have stayed aceptable

Im sure the mods and long term users will agree with me on this one i know Dead_Meat will as we have talked about this in rl
GD used to be a bastian of inteligent conversation now its degenrated to nothing more than a childish bitching shop

the IRC network has been screwed over by idiots who think above there station and members getting truely fed up with the network and are leaveing in droves, especialy with the Netgamers ego poltics that we have witnessed

PA has dieded quite drasticly for lack of funding and proper biusness managment

i do feel sorry for the guys who put so mutch effort in to trying to keep the game and the comunity alive and i would agree with Kloopy PA was ground breaking at the time for beeing the most sucessfull browser based game
i aplaud Kloopy for his exelent work on the AH but little to late comes to mind

then you have ass kissers like A2 the tipical GLX guys who think the world of very little things but have raley experianced anything grater than a few meger experiances of grateness

i pity those who do flame for no aparent reason as alot of hard work has gone in to the game but mutch of it for no use or effect

LENIN
OLD GRUMPY BASTERD
Herman Goering
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 03:00   #16
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
If you hate the game so much Lenin, fking leave right now. Go! Go on now! Forget about the piece of **** game and leave.

Twat
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 04:47   #17
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Which is the BEST managed part of the community? (vote on portal poll)

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

I'm sorry to have to follow the crowd here, but if the in-game stuff was all PA had going for it I would've quit a long time ago.

The Community is the only thing that's held PA together this long.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 04:53   #18
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: Which is the BEST managed part of the community? (vote on portal poll)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951

I'm sorry to have to follow the crowd here, but if the in-game stuff was all PA had going for it I would've quit a long time ago.

The Community is the only thing that's held PA together this long.
PA is like smoking, you know its **** but your addicted.
________
YAMAHA YP400 MAJESTY SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:10.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 05:25   #19
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: Nothing worth voting for there

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r
Overburn def makes it too tough to get roids, and Xandathrii are too powerful. So much for beta-testing :-(
They let me back in to 'test' with a few weeks remaining So I couldn't help it! heh j/k
Though, the OB feature is one of the best features invented for this game.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 05:44   #20
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Nothing worth voting for there

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
They let me back in to 'test' with a few weeks remaining So I couldn't help it! heh j/k
I hope you're kidding Psi. OB is the worst feature for PA yet. The only way they could have ever saved PA, imo, would have been to make it a more casual game, demanding less time. Instead, they chose to do precisely the opposite, instituting a feature that punishes everyone who isn't a sociopathic, technophilic loner.....you know, the non-ludite Ted Kaczynskis of the world.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 06:08   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Nothing worth voting for there

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
OB attacks are ok. OB defense was supposed to counter OB attacks but, as I predicted during the beta, it's used extensively against non-OB attacks as well. The high E cost was supposed to limit OB defense, but the cheaper E roids all but erased that as a factor. Basically, another case of one step forward and two steps back.
Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
OB is the worst feature for PA yet. The only way they could have ever saved PA, imo, would have been to make it a more casual game, demanding less time. Instead, they chose to do precisely the opposite, instituting a feature that punishes everyone who isn't a sociopathic, technophilic loner.....you know, the non-ludite Ted Kaczynskis of the world.
I think it was already too late to save PA and the Ted Kaczynskis are the only ones left playing. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 06:15   #22
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Nothing worth voting for there

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
OB attacks are ok. OB defense was supposed to counter OB attacks but, as I predicted during the beta, it's used extensively against non-OB attacks as well. The high E cost was supposed to limit OB defense, but the cheaper E roids all but erased that as a factor. Basically, another case of one step forward and two steps back.
This goes back to my theory that everytime PA crew institutes a good idea, they are sure to balance it out with a game-ruiningly awful idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I think it was already too late to save PA and the Ted Kaczynskis are the only ones left playing. :/
Well, of course it was too late to save PA by the time they instituted OB, since they had already announced that it would be the last round. But still, I would argue that this has been the trend from the beginning. In order to keep a player base, they needed to make the game less time-consuming, and more playable for the casual players out there. At every turn, they did the opposite, instituting changes that would benefit the obsessive over the normal.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 08:06   #23
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
im still looking for the "none of the above" option
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 08:37   #24
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy

You all a bunch of bloody retards. Can you not read, be sensible, be mature, be thoughtful, be kind, be thankful.

The very start of the thread asked what you thought the BEST bit of Planetarion was, not the worst. Read you idiots.

Noone gives a flying-feck what you think the worst thing is, GD is the hole for that. It annoys me, severely, as you can tell.

After a damn long time of this game, you wasting so many hours on it, having a great deal of fun, the least you can be is greatful for the masterpiece that the creators have come up with.

This game was the first real success in online browser based gaming, its part of history, you are too, for playing it.

Have some pride in the game, some respect for the creators and most importantly an understanding that you are just one of many thousands in this community. You should act towards others how you'd like to be acted towards.

You are a real person, just like every other person you take the piss out of, just like every other person you upset and annoy.

It bloody annoys me.

Good night.
Your having a laugh mate.

The Game functions reasonably well now, not because of the creators but in spite of them, and the fact that the game community has shrunk from 100K to around 6K over the period of the game.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 10:56   #25
Johny Jazz©

Quote:

Good point, it also stinks abit because people try to flame others al lthe time, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally posted by A2

Perhaps you should take it then, that not many people consider there to be a best part. Or that no-one really cares.

*passes around the peace pipe*
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 12:40   #26
Andy_r
X$X

Quote:
You tried to start a thread where nothing but praise was allowed - all we did is explain why we are not going to praise you.

Quote:
Noone gives a flying-feck what you think the worst thing is,
You asked everyone did you?

Quote:
GD is the hole for that.
Let me explain it to you:
GD is an abbreviation for General Discussions
PD, however, is for Planetarion Discussions

Quote:
It annoys me, severely, as you can tell.
Having threads and polls where we are offered no option but to praise a game that is going down in flames because of mismanagement and big flaws in almost every area that hass been singled out for our approval annoys US severely, as you can also tell.

Quote:
This game was the first real success in online browser based gaming
It's also the biggest failure in online browser based gaming, has lost more customers than any other online game, and it's shutting down. QED!
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 16:53   #27
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r
blah blah blah
You're exactly the kind of person I was referring to in that post.
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 17:20   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
So basically what you are saying is that people should say that the game is well-managed, even when they feel the game is managed incredibly poorly, just because you and others have put a lot of work into it? Grow up. If the users feel that every aspect of the game is managed in a **** way, then they have the right to express that feeling.

You're not holding a poll about the amount of work that's been done - you're asking about the final end product. And if that final product is found to be inadequate by many users, then it doesn't matter whether 5 minutes or 5 years were spent on it.

If you're not up to criticism, then why the fk are you holding popularity polls? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 17:47   #29
Andy_r
X$X

Quote:

You're exactly the kind of person I was referring to in that post.
You were referring to me when you said "You all a bunch of bloody retards."?

Unread 22 Nov 2002, 18:34   #30
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
watch out Leshy, the 'I'm stuck up Zeus' arse crew' will come and shout at you!

hi Kloopy!
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 19:32   #31
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
So basically what you are saying is that people should say that the game is well-managed, even when they feel the game is managed incredibly poorly, just because you and others have put a lot of work into it? Grow up. If the users feel that every aspect of the game is managed in a **** way, then they have the right to express that feeling.

You're not holding a poll about the amount of work that's been done - you're asking about the final end product. And if that final product is found to be inadequate by many users, then it doesn't matter whether 5 minutes or 5 years were spent on it.

If you're not up to criticism, then why the fk are you holding popularity polls? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

well put Leshy
Herman Goering
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 11:18   #32
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Quote:
Originally posted by Torz

hi Kloopy!
I voted Mushroom. Torz, that kinda thing is also exactly what I was referring to.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 11:27   #33
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz

hi Kloopy!

from my experience of working there, i didnt see anyone "as* lick" Zeus the only thing i noticed was how the people changed be it a power trip, be it a ego thing one way or the other 99% of the team became people that i wouldnt care to spend time with or work with ( excluding Legolas Zippy and Mushroom who always will be top top top guys)
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 14:32   #34
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road
Well, this is certainly fun.
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote