User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:05   #1
The Subotai
Bong Commander

The Subotai is an unknown quantity at this point
Proud to be FAnG

As many know FAnG has undergone an evolution, if you will. The job of HC is grueling, time-consuming, and largely thankless. I know this from having spent much of my PA life as the only job more challenging that HC: BC. We should be short in casting blame on those who would move on and slow to derive meaning from such departures.

I am honored to take this spot in the development and survival of the PA FAnG community. And a community is exactly what it is. The diversity of members, behaviours, thoughts, and ideas has always served to make FAnG a special place and to make it's members better people.

There will be countless changes and further evolutions I'm sure... but one thing is to remain certain: the FAnG spirit of community, cameraderie, and friendship shall live on. In fact, it will grow as we learn in the next few days exactly who has the resolve and resliency to stick out this last month. Our participation in the game and our support of the FAnG community shall grow and prosper in response to this transition.

Proud to be FAnG? Indeed.

True HiddenDragon
The Subotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:10   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Subo, your friends, HC and ex-HC are embarrassing themselves and FAnG in #lockhead right about now. You should make them stop. It's pathetic.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:17   #3
Dari
Just Gosu

Dari is an unknown quantity at this point
Scouse get a rl and stop refreshing the board every 5 secs
R4: 134:15:8 Cell
R5: Not really played
R6: 16:10:9 Deus
R7: 14:24:1 Wrath peon
R8: 16:9:10 FAnG and member of gôsu
R9 46:9:7 FAnG BC
R9.5 7:8:6 FAnG Tech Officer and gôsu
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:26   #4
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't like the blatant incompassion from Titans towards this Fang crisis. Perhaps Titans need to be reminded of the compassion they recieved in limited quantity the end of last round when their walls came crashing down.

I've never really liked or had any respect for Fang but even I can't help but feel sympathetic towards their current struggle. Being beaten by Titans and their BotArmy allies.

Titans(or Scouse in particular) need to learn a little something called modesty. Kicking your opponent when he's way down is not very rythmic with 'Honour and Loyalty'.

-p0ma
Proud to be a FAnG Sympathizer

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:30   #5
ado

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
I don't like the blatant incompassion from Titans towards this Fang crisis. Perhaps Titans need to be reminded of the compassion they recieved in limited quantity the end of last round when their walls came crashing down.

I've never really liked or had any respect for Fang but even I can't help but feel sympathetic towards their current struggle. Being beaten by Titans and their BotArmy allies.

Titans(or Scouse in particular) need to learn a little something called modesty. Kicking your opponent when he's way down is not very rythmic with 'Honour and Loyalty'.

-p0ma
Walls came crashing down ? how so... i remember fury declaring war... I remember lots of titans fleet catching. Inside titans there was no "walls" crashing.. and no member migration.

Explain further....
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:31   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
poma titans never had much respect on ad....still people (besides fang/fury) don't like to hit em alot...as they know their ships talk mostly

and as for botarmy allies....isn't that getting old now? you the only one who still talks about that?

*back to topic*

congrats subo, hope you do well and keep up the fight too bad i can't def you anymore(((
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:45   #7
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by ado

Walls came crashing down ? how so... i remember fury declaring war... I remember lots of titans fleet catching. Inside titans there was no "walls" crashing.. and no member migration.

Explain further....
Well the Roidletts galaxy we're asking my tiny little bashed NEWX galaxy to roid their Titans guy before everyone else did. And another good Furgion gal I know did the same thing.

Did Titans or did they not even try getting the shriveled, sticky, burtn out ruins of NEWX to aid them in the last few weeks of PA?

These things tend to display some walls crashing down, speaking in terms of rankings, ect. If you say there was no migration I'll take your word for it.

You you weren't even in half the poor shape Fang is in, yet you can't get off the high horse and show a little respect/sympathy? Didn't they put up a good fight this round?

I'm just questioning your Honour and Loyalty slogan. I could be way off here...

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:47   #8
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
poma titans never had much respect on ad....still people (besides fang/fury) don't like to hit em alot...as they know their ships talk mostly

and as for botarmy allies....isn't that getting old now? you the only one who still talks about that?

*back to topic*

congrats subo, hope you do well and keep up the fight too bad i can't def you anymore(((

LDK have always been professional cheaters, their still professional cheaters, and they'll always be professional cheaters.

Honour and Loyalty

heh

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:53   #9
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:

You you weren't even in half the poor shape Fang is in, yet you can't get off the high horse and show a little respect/sympathy?
We were in a much worse shape during round 6, and we didn't stop fighting once, and no members defected to the winning side.

And IIRC it was FAnG rallying the entire universe last round to help them fight Legion, not Titans.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:54   #10
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Well the Roidletts galaxy we're asking my tiny little bashed NEWX galaxy to roid their Titans guy before everyone else did. And another good Furgion gal I know did the same thing.

Did Titans or did they not even try getting the shriveled, sticky, burtn out ruins of NEWX to aid them in the last few weeks of PA?

These things tend to display some walls crashing down, speaking in terms of rankings, ect. If you say there was no migration I'll take your word for it.

You you weren't even in half the poor shape Fang is in, yet you can't get off the high horse and show a little respect/sympathy? Didn't they put up a good fight this round?

I let my cluster roid me at the end, so they'd end in better hands than Fury. If I was going to use my fleet to hunt Fury I didn't want to have loads of roids at home base, increasing the risk I'd be attacked.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:56   #11
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse

We were in a much worse shape during round 6
Quote:

and no members defected to the winning side.
So...you weren't losing all yer members, but we're somehow in worse shape than Fang is now? I don't see how that is possible.

What in particular would you say had Titans in worse shape than Fang is now? I think losing yer HC's, yer members, yer top rankings, ect...put you in much worse shape than whatever it is Titans was struggling with in R6.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:09   #12
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:

So...you weren't losing all yer members, but we're somehow in worse shape than Fang is now? I don't see how that is possible.

What in particular would you say had Titans in worse shape than Fang is now? I think losing yer HC's, yer members, yer top rankings, ect...put you in much worse shape than whatever it is Titans was struggling with in R6.
I'm talking about planet wise, defence covering wise etc. They still have a few big players and something worth fighting for.

The reason they have all the HC leaving and member leaving problems is because they can't take the beating they are getting, which brings me back to my point. We took a much greater beating in round 6, had more incoming and fewer big planets, and we kept fighting, instead of running off.

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:14   #13
Emyn^
A Fresh Prince

Emyn^ is an unknown quantity at this point
dari

#spacehamsters \o/
  • R3 - n/a - 223:22
  • R4 - MI/GI - 121:11
  • R5 - MI - 27:21
  • R6 - Deus - 34:20
  • R7 - ViruS - 14:24
  • R8 - n/a - n/a
Emyn^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:22   #14
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

LDK have always been professional cheaters, their still professional cheaters, and they'll always be professional cheaters.

Honour and Loyalty

heh
i seriously doubt that LDK is cheating more than the rest of us...

i might not be on the Titans/LDK side of this conflict, but i still respect my enemy. U should, too

[edit] on another note: GL on ur way, fang. u'll prolly need it
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:30   #15
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
well done subo, best of luck to you.

but we dont need more proud to be fang threads!!!!

best wishes 2 u and all fang HC

Cyanide
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:37   #16
Dari
Just Gosu

Dari is an unknown quantity at this point
emyn still playing? you can find me in #fang
R4: 134:15:8 Cell
R5: Not really played
R6: 16:10:9 Deus
R7: 14:24:1 Wrath peon
R8: 16:9:10 FAnG and member of gôsu
R9 46:9:7 FAnG BC
R9.5 7:8:6 FAnG Tech Officer and gôsu
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:44   #17
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
Good luck Rumad, Hinch and Subo, just a word to tell you that plushlabs supports your efforts to keep FAnG alive.

That's from another thread, but fits here nicely. That right there is the attitude to match the Titans slogan. Assuming he wasn't being sarcastic ofc
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 22:14   #18
HoberMallow
#random reader#

HoberMallow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Heh lo there p0ma :-)

That roidlet thing is from a talk with me afaik. We were kinda upset about fury backstabbing our allies at the time (titans). We never did anything like it though, but the thought maybe was evil.

anything but giving it to Fury that came on "authed retals" to collect the roids, efficiently stopping all possible defence (hello Kileman).

The roidlet galaxy was of ppl with good morale, no matter what. We managed to keep them (fury) off most of the roids in the end

I gotta say to FAnG though; Youve done better than i thought you could. After beeing efficiently targetted by almost everyone (even fury at first), but still beeing the alliance outside the block (tit+vir+ldk) with the best planets it seems.

[edit] i miss having the smilies in the cluster though. You were a lotta fun! [/edit]
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 22:26   #19
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:

That's from another thread, but fits here nicely. That right there is the attitude to match the Titans slogan. Assuming he wasn't being sarcastic ofc
even tho people might not wanna believe it...i really hope they can keep fang alive :/ as tbh else i see this round getting boring...
even tho they flame me way too much (while i'm so nice and cute ofc:P ) they're still fun to play around with in pa, just can't believe people change so much over a game..
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 00:55   #20
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The reason they have all the HC leaving and member leaving problems is because they can't take the beating they are getting, which brings me back to my point. We took a much greater beating in round 6, had more incoming and fewer big planets, and we kept fighting, instead of running off.
I understand, and you're correct of course.

However, winning graciously is beneficial - wishing FAnG well in their time of need would in turn gain Titans a better public image than the one you have now... rubbing it in puts you in a bad light

But yeah, I see your point, I just don't think it's that great an idea to voice it.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:29   #21
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
High time you were appointed to a high level command position. I'm certain nothing but good can come from the Eskimo's appointment. Good luck.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:36   #22
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

-p0ma
Disliked FAnG for their heavy postings in round 7. Allways the Proud to be FAnG thingy... said so numerous times... but seems Titans is taking over that spot =/

And we all know the "Honour and Loyalty" line they are so proud of never had any real meaning when put together with Titans.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:40   #23
ado

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo

Disliked FAnG for their heavy postings in round 7. Allways the Proud to be FAnG thingy... said so numerous times... but seems Titans is taking over that spot =/

And we all know the "Honour and Loyalty" line they are so proud of never had any real meaning when put together with Titans.
O jesus your like a small child who's had his teddybear stolen, its pathetic
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 03:58   #24
The Subotai
Bong Commander

The Subotai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
High time you were appointed to a high level command position. I'm certain nothing but good can come from the Eskimo's appointment. Good luck.
thnx for the vote of confidence Hobbie

True HiddenDragon
The Subotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 04:13   #25
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Subo for president

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 04:24   #26
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by The Subotai
thnx for the vote of confidence Hobbie
I couldn't decide between Davis and Simon, so I gave my vote of confidence to you.

Unread 18 Nov 2002, 12:58   #27
SeaN
the mongrel cat

SeaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ado

Explain further....
If you were doing so well, why did the GC of your flagship galaxy (WebAngel) log into most of the accounts in his galaxy and put them into vacation mode?

Anyway on subject, congratulations to Subo, another person who doesn't know the meaning of "Proud to be FAnG" being pushed to the top of the alliance. FAnG was great in r7, but you could see the HC turning to apathy at the close of last round and the mass recruitment was never gonna work, people stopped playing for each other and only for themselves. Even with FAnG having 8 planets in the top15 and my fang rank at 24 whilst I was ranked #85 in the universe, I didn't feel it was worth staying and playing. Most FAnG r7 felt the same way and just simply stopped caring, the collapse of things was inevitable. If FAnG had stuck with r7 members for the open command positions, people like myself, irvine & aliasx (ie people that were trusted by people who cared about FAnG because they knew we cared too), then I don't believe things would have turned out this way. I feel sorry for LEFF, he worked his ass off while the rest of the command idled away. He made mistakes though, with the exception of Slash, I disagreed with pretty much every promotion that was made post round 7 and putting in *expletive* like FeNiX who accused "day1 FAnG members" of being spies etc etc, really boiled my blood.

As for Rumad and hinch riding in on a white horse to save the day, you both should realise you're as guilty for this as everyone. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE at LEFF's side or at least supported his decisions if you weren't willing help run things yourselves. I hope these days help FAnG restore to what it was in r7, a place of peace and love, where everyone knew everyone and people shared a dream: to annoy VtS with bad AD postings

LEFF, come back to FAnG even if you hate PA, FAnG is a communinty not a PA alliance. I know you deserve better than this, but it's your home, and speaking for EVERYONE, you're still wanted.
SeaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 13:34   #28
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
i would love to know why we needed a thread about this
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 13:37   #29
PiaZava
Pip the magic pe0n

PiaZava is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
I let my cluster roid me at the end, so they'd end in better hands than Fury.
Does that mean they farmed you, Eol? ;]

~Pia

&Omega;
PiaZava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 13:58   #30
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SeaN

If you were doing so well, why did the GC of your flagship galaxy (WebAngel) log into most of the accounts in his galaxy and put them into vacation mode?
I have posted many times, about it but some people can't understand without telling the same thing over and over again. So here we go again:
I have never logged into anyone's account to put them into vacation mode. The end of round 7 was boring hence some in 17:6 planed to go on holiday (even before the first attacks on Titans). That's the main reason why some of us (4 maybe) went into vacation mode. The attacks on titans were an argument for some of us to stay even more active (heya LaNiCoR, Darki). This vacation periode lasted about 2 weeks then we went back and had some nice attacks on Fury.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 14:08   #31
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Honour and Loyalty

heh
Laughing at Dumb little KoRnNut since round 4

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 14:12   #32
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
bah i puke on this kind of threads. ok, titans beat fang R8.
great
but why the fk do you need the audience the congratulate you on that? just move on fs. let the game speak for itself.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 14:15   #33
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
1. Ldk did not cheat this round, nor did they cheat last round or rd 6 to my knowleadge. stop the **** about them using bots, its simply worthless.....
they are without doubt the most concentrated/coordinated/active alliance i can think of.

(note that i never liked ldk, nor did i play allied to them in ANY round, i say this because i respect them, and frankly cant stand this useless flaming of a better alliance than yours).

2. fang is beaten in rd 8, there are many reasons why we lost, but yes among them is that titans/ldk were stronger than we are.

now can we stop this useless thread and go back to being friends?
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 14:28   #34
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Quote:

-p0ma
If ur referring to LDK as bot army then plz die incely u fckin clueless tosser..
Im not LDK, and not in any way related to em this round.. But I do know from beein a Xanadu HC r5-r7 that they are infact the best alliance ever in PA, and yeah I honestly mean that... And I also know they have less cheaters then ur NoS army (or x-NoS army..whatever really)... Then again wiv ur elite mass recruiting skillz from previous rounds who hasnt got less cheaters then you ?

Tesla

Last edited by Tesla; 18 Nov 2002 at 14:37.
Tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 15:01   #35
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesla

If ur referring to LDK as bot army then plz die incely u fckin clueless tosser..
Im not LDK, and not in any way related to em this round.. But I do know from beein a Xanadu HC r5-r7 that they are infact the best alliance ever in PA, and yeah I honestly mean that... And I also know they have less cheaters then ur NoS army (or x-NoS army..whatever really)... Then again wiv ur elite mass recruiting skillz from previous rounds who hasnt got less cheaters then you ?

Tesla
The best alliance in PA ever, has their country banned from paying for PA with credit cards. But no need to examine logic. And your right it is beating a dead horse and wasn't meant to sidetrack this thread.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 17:50   #36
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Honour and Loyalty

heh
well what shall i response to this genius comments ...

and idiot like u from an alliance which is to stupid to cooperate to with their allys (or not want) can't hurt anybody realy hard with posting bull**** on the boards

just as little addional the moral in xan r7 wasn't the best ...
the r6 spirit was mostly gone etc
only at one point i saw it realy comeing back and that was on the point we declared war vs NoS

wondering why?

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 18:00   #37
SeaN
the mongrel cat

SeaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel

I have posted many times, about it but some people can't understand without telling the same thing over and over again. So here we go again:
I have never logged into anyone's account to put them into vacation mode. The end of round 7 was boring hence some in 17:6 planed to go on holiday (even before the first attacks on Titans). That's the main reason why some of us (4 maybe) went into vacation mode. The attacks on titans were an argument for some of us to stay even more active (heya LaNiCoR, Darki). This vacation periode lasted about 2 weeks then we went back and had some nice attacks on Fury.
While they were on holiday 2 of them came on IRC whining that they'd been put into vacation mode... Honour & Loyalty to them, because they didn't whine about being hacked by evil Fury like so many other lamers would have
SeaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 19:04   #38
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
We were in a much worse shape during round 6, and we didn't stop fighting once, and no members defected to the winning side.
I suppose that depends on who you think the winner of R6 was.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 19:26   #39
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

Quote:
Originally posted by Demented Turnip

I suppose that depends on who you think the winner of R6 was.
there was a winner r6?
i mean sliekas had #1 planet so he won the round in fact and jurgens galaxy got top spot too

but i dunno a alliance who could say they won r6

Unread 18 Nov 2002, 19:29   #40
Maka
insidious

Maka is an unknown quantity at this point
C'mon, Round 6 was a joint victory for WP and NoS, some may not like how they got there, but people cannot deny that at round end they were on top....

DAMMIT!
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 19:34   #41
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

Quote:
Originally posted by Maka
C'mon, Round 6 was a joint victory for WP and NoS, regardless of how they attained it, people cannot really deny that at round end they were on top....
well in fact there were still enough xeta galaxys (the most low on roids but still with enough ships) on top and fltv was on the comeback trip and had some decent ranked galaxys already

also wp and nos were part of fos and i don't see them in any special possition in that block (their attacks were crap most of the time at last the ones i saw on top xeta galaxys)

if xeta and fltv would have teamed up against them how long would they have hold top spots?

Unread 18 Nov 2002, 19:40   #42
Handsome Sailor
Turbojugend

Handsome Sailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope

well in fact there were still enough xeta galaxys (the most low on roids but still with enough ships) on top and fltv was on the comeback trip and had some decent ranked galaxys already

also wp and nos were part of fos and i don't see them in any special possition in that block (their attacks were crap most of the time at last the ones i saw on top xeta galaxys)

if xeta and fltv would have teamed up against them how long would they have hold top spots?
His point was that they DID hold the top spots...
NoS and WP were the two alliances who could be called winners, though it was a FoS victory. Still FoS was so loosely built up that it isnt the shocker that those two claimed victory
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 19:44   #43
Maka
insidious

Maka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

It is irrelevant how long they would have help the top spot if Xeta and FLTV teamed up against them, because they didn't. The fact that if they did then FoS would not have held top spot means nothing.

And by choosing NoS and WP as the winning alliances over others in the FoS block, I am basing that on the gal rankings at the end.

I think you are forgetting that we are not talking about which were the best alliances, but the ones who were on top at the end.

DAMMIT!
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 20:15   #44
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
As I remember, FoS had basically fallen apart by then to the point that it really didn't exist anymore. Also, by looking at the tags at the end of the round I can agree with the Nos/WP sentiment. Even my galaxy which finished 4th had NoS/WP in it though we didn't tag as the GC was Xanadu.

In any case, I was referring to something entirely different.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 20:17   #45
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope

well what shall i response to this genius comments ...

You also state in another thread hirr shouldn't defend their member who just got fleet hunted. So maybe yer wild rebellious opinions on how other people should run their alliances are not accepted by most. Not by me anyways.

--
And excuse me, how in the hell did a R6 WP/NoS victory topic find it's way in here? I'm not really complaining, just very shocked on how in the hell it happened.

Had the week lasted another week or so, we'd have gotten mauled. I was fully expecting NoS/WP to get spanked. Was actually amazed XETA and Furgion we're so bitter towards eachother they left it up to the second half of FoS to be the only thing capable of changing the result.

And Dues toasting millions of their ships was another major factor. I still can't believe that happened tbh. How many ships died that day?
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 23:34   #46
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

Quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Sailor

His point was that they DID hold the top spots...
NoS and WP were the two alliances who could be called winners, though it was a FoS victory. Still FoS was so loosely built up that it isnt the shocker that those two claimed victory
they had the galaxy we had the planet?

clear victory would mean to have both

Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:02   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by SeaN

Anyway on subject, congratulations to Subo, another person who doesn't know the meaning of "Proud to be FAnG" being pushed to the top of the alliance. FAnG was great in r7, but you could see the HC turning to apathy at the close of last round and the mass recruitment was never gonna work, people stopped playing for each other and only for themselves. Even with FAnG having 8 planets in the top15 and my fang rank at 24 whilst I was ranked #85 in the universe, I didn't feel it was worth staying and playing. Most FAnG r7 felt the same way and just simply stopped caring, the collapse of things was inevitable. If FAnG had stuck with r7 members for the open command positions, people like myself, irvine & aliasx (ie people that were trusted by people who cared about FAnG because they knew we cared too), then I don't believe things would have turned out this way. I feel sorry for LEFF, he worked his ass off while the rest of the command idled away. He made mistakes though, with the exception of Slash, I disagreed with pretty much every promotion that was made post round 7 and putting in *expletive* like FeNiX who accused "day1 FAnG members" of being spies etc etc, really boiled my blood.

As for Rumad and hinch riding in on a white horse to save the day, you both should realise you're as guilty for this as everyone. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE at LEFF's side or at least supported his decisions if you weren't willing help run things yourselves. I hope these days help FAnG restore to what it was in r7, a place of peace and love, where everyone knew everyone and people shared a dream: to annoy VtS with bad AD postings

LEFF, come back to FAnG even if you hate PA, FAnG is a communinty not a PA alliance. I know you deserve better than this, but it's your home, and speaking for EVERYONE, you're still wanted.
true, though a few corrections.

As rumad stated, subo is a fine choice and I'm sure he'll surprise each and every of you.

I know it sucks, I know leff and lock had to do all the stuff this round while me and cray and rumad were inactive whores. Though I wouldn't put it that bad either. I was in the same situation as lock and leff were in r7, when entire HC retired and lock got on holiday for few weeks

nway, point is, that's not the reason (or sole reason) why certain Hc's left. think you're well aware of the reasons

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:30   #48
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by PiaZava

Does that mean they farmed you, Eol? ;]

~Pia
It means that I instigated them to attack me and refused to accept any defense (I would have needed some).
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:37   #49
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

What about 28:11, a flagship galaxy, not attacking Xeta for a certain time while they were talking about defecting?

Sounds like a stoppage in fighting to me and the logs I saw showed pretty close to a defection aswell.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 09:11   #50
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Ofcourse the grass is always greener on Titans Side
We will see, i predict them being cnutted in the end.....tbh i hope so...hot air balloons nothing more nothing less without LDK-Virus-Ely-Wp ..... they would be less then nothing suck on that scouse

and suck on this too oh how i love to always be right :P muhahahaahhahaa

~ Queen ~ ~ Hearts ~ 2,484 32,250,270 0.77 -15.70% -9.08%

Last edited by Spearhead; 19 Nov 2002 at 11:07.
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote