User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:11   #1
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Characters

Every alliance has them or had them. Its a great time to share some of the characters you have known in your alliance whether it be the flamboyant BC , the overzealous alliance player or even a lovable retard magnet

All of them have helped shape your alliance or dealings your alliance has had but lets limit it to just 3 people.

Its very difficult I know so here goes.

Torz gets a special mention as he is definately one of the people who makes me laugh. His logs from round 3 of TiG and Grendel still hold a special place in my memories for the sheer laughter it brought so many. He has been in my alliances a few times and when he plays before getting bored he is also an amazing ally.

Some of you will remember Aussie. He always seemed to have a new lady friend and some amazing stories of his dealings with them. He stayed at the motel here once and we had many laughs and beers but ofc .... he brought a new lady with him to visit. Always there to have a laugh and always ready to lend a hand when needed.

Third is BDB. Reason being is Ive never seen a guy do typos so consistantly with English as a first language. Sure Alien in rnd3 Legion was a fun with his typos but English wasnt his first language. Also a fond side for Bob as round 3 I tried with decoy and krolle to kill him but he always seemed to wriggle out of it somehow and even had one very amusing galpic to go with it. Rather than get angry with it all we had many fun chats on irc before we eventually joined the same alliance.

There are many many others but lets keep it to 3 people no matter how hard that is.

ps If you are wondering why I started so many threads lately I think its time we all got to know each other a bit more before the round ends and alliances split and people leave so keep it nice please.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:34   #2
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
1- Insanity : his nick says it already. I can't really pinpoint exactly how he was colourfull, but i doubt anyone can deny he was heh.
Freakish, overzealous when he smelled roids or the chance to piss ppl off, the all-round f00l and i wish he was still around heh. Mind you, he sat in LOST public chan with g0at for a week non stop gathering all coords they gave in public chan when their members came running in : send me def at xx:xx:xx He was gloating for days

2- JustinT2 : he 'had' the copyright on the one word sentences (he somehow learned to type normal )
logs like :

<JustinT2> heh
<JustinT2> erm
<JustinT2> lol
<JustinT2> yeah
<JustinT2> heh
<JustinT2> NO
<JustinT2> FFS
<JustinT2> !!!!

were common.

3- I can't name a third one, cause then i'll have to chose between too many examples.
These i gave come obviously from my earlier rounds when i was still sitting in awe at those weirdo's that ran around on irc heh, now i'm too blazé i guess (Hmm maybe i should have left you sitting in awe, would have saved a lot of ppl Ash)
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:49   #3
Zitoz

Duke Leto
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:52   #4
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
in MI we had a chap called wizzeh. some of you may hav had the (dis)pleasure of encountering him at one stage of your career.
this poor lil lad was the epitome of spamming skill. he cud send 50 lines into a pm window within a minute. and that was just to ask you what color underwear u were wearing. as much a source of annoyance as amusement he will, (un)fortunately be one of my fondest memories from MI. and to an extent he did shape the alliance. no one cud take things serious when he was around. hed join an attack, ask who the biggest player was, launch one tick erly, land, then innocently wonder why his fleet got twatted...
simply. as much as i hate to say it, i miss his bloody annoying presence....

most of my current good friends have stayed with meh for rounds, i spose id count ado among them. despite what ppl say, a damn good leader (albeit too damn inactive). we had a lotta fun "back in the day". he cud idle for the planet. i dont think ive ever managed to keep his attention for more than 30 mins but we had some laffs. one of my few long term irc m8s who ive managed to stay in contact with since i started.

and then parra, i dont think ive ever met a more arrogant cnut. and the sad part being that hes a great player, leader and BC. he knows what hes talking about as he has proven on many occasions. we were never really that close, and weve had our disagreements in the past. but despite how i may feel towards him at times hes still one of the ppl in the game i have the most respect for.

the more astute of you will have noticed that every one of these ppl has been MI. i dont deny the fact that its the one alliance that ill always have fond memories of. but its also the only alliance ive ever really felt truly a part of. was the only alliance i ever spent more than a round in (end rnd 3 - mid rnd 5, xan end round 7 for 2 weeks, adelante for a month at start of rnd 8. and now.. well.. figure it out...).

ive completely forgotten what i was talking about now... ths has taken meh 30 mins to write.. damn interruptions. so ill just leave it at that.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 01:20   #5
SeaN
the mongrel cat

SeaN is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I'd struggle to pick just 3 people from each round I played. Isn't that what kept everyone playing PA for so long?
SeaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 01:33   #6
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, almost wanted to put myself on the list here
But ....

Beholder. He can be so utterly childish, especially early on, when his english was worse than it is now (Sorry B ), his standard reaction: *brum*
Later on, when i left, he pretty much took over my role of pissing off HCs hehe (I'm sure B still loves you Sastul )
I guess he'd be the lovable retard magnet

FuryousMerc. Used to be a galaxy-mate of mine, always bragging "I will get us covered, I have friends!". "Sure boy, whatever" pretty much summed up my thoughts. But somehow he always managed to get it covered, amazing guy.
He's the overzealous alliance player, he literally played the alliances

Don't know a third one atm, perhaps later...

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 01:53   #7
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Korenchkin - Good god this man is hilarious. He has the ability to be sarcastic, lead others, and run a damn good alliance and galaxy at the same time. I was in his R6 galaxy, and we clearleh owned, as I finally got ranked. He has shown us many good times and he is the best person in PA in my book.

The Guild - I had to put the entire alliance (while it stilll existed). This was truly the BEST alliance I have ever been in. Before all of the conflicts, and SC problems, it was the ONLY alliance where i felt at home and comfortable.

ViruS - Again, I have to break the rules. ViruS is, in my opinion, the most FUN alliance in the game. All of the sex0r, people, and events that go on will always keep me smiling, and willl always be in my memory. The people in ViruS are unique, not all of them are famous, but god are they funny.

Sorry again for breaking the rule by putting alliances on... but it was worth it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 03:47   #8
Xavier March

zzhou
Troutz :eek:
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 04:27   #9
splatpack

I'll have to agree with Fred, on behalf of Aussie, he was a good mate for me, he was there to kick start me when i first joined PA, and was there for me every time up till he left for good.

The majority of TPE, no group in PA could ever match the utter comical genious that had arisen from TPE, I, and many other TPE members spent countless hours mocking people and chuckling to spiteful antics and heartless comments.

The round3 attack group '****0rs', never will i find a more amazing bunch of lads, JustinT2, Mr_Durden, Biggdogg, stealthy, Ghengis (The Fury one), Keltorak, Salteh, and MANY more...

Superb blokes, i loved it.

Game, mista Wintle, i have to give credit too, i think aswell Steve_G....the both of you have always had an awkward relationship with me.
Always seemed hostile but always friendly when needed, very odd, but an amusing time both Wintle and Steveh have given me.

I _have_ to mention Gunn3r, i think he deserves a say....one very odd individual with a bent mind and a very amusing atmosphere about him...fun to ridicule, but also fun in general.

Paul2, i love him, from day one he has insulted my aussieness...an ace time with you mate, ****you

Many other mates i have know throughout PA, there is a select few i really love, Avie, Petal, Kiz, Patrician, Lokken, Mista^cool, Furbie_Fanatic, Saytan, Hobbie, Bobzy, and so forth, if i have missed you, tough ****
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 08:36   #10
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
i will put a legg out here and nominate myself before i get it from everyone else DDDDD

lets see round 3-4-5 Bluetuba being famouse for (give me def and il give you a pic of my leggs )

all my pa career prob they worst typest pa has ever seen BDB beign close if not maybe +1 point ahead of me been told him and i will be put in a room for a battle of wits and spelling and to see who kills who first

LO ALBY AND AGA HEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEH.......
Ihave so beat you to this

now im done with beign funny

my votes are

1.malingworlock for all his legghumperdays
2.Zhil no matter how stuffy prude and "offical Fury " he can be he is a wonderful person with great sense of humor
3. i couldnt think of only three so i list them all here yeh,splatpack,allfather,rumad,cryptic,lokken,patrician,jester,Rob when he is drunk BDB,leto and so many others over the round who have entertianed us all via bords and irc for w/o you guys pa would have been def boreing over the rounds
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 08:53   #11
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen DAX

1.malingworlock for all his legghumperdays
i miss MaLiGnWaRlOcK he left caus of some stupid #vts op argument
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 09:40   #12
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
for me~~

Zhil - by far the most outstanding Fury personality on these boards and in my time in Wrath his word was law after sids =p

BDB- spellin..... Freds reason truly an hournou to have been in his gal~
good BC too from what i have seen

Eylsia~ my time in Ely has shown her impact noone else has done to the current Ely as Eyl has~

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 10:17   #13
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My retard magent would have to be Bud. A french canadian by birth and after he ended up in my galaxy we seemed to get on fine as I was the only person that could understand his fragmented english. behind the scenes he was plotting to replace me as GC I was glad to see the back of him and even happier to boot him out of Tuba for plotting to farm his old planet when his next galaxy had removed him as GC for being an arse

McIvan has god like status with me (he will hate me for that). He put a hell of a lot on the line getting Tuba going again and for that we are eternally greatful.

3rd would have to be everyone in round 2 tuba that didnt bail out and kept the faith

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 10:25   #14
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
zzhou without a doubt gets my vote.

Most annoying guy i have ever had the pleasure of being in an IRC channel with. Always wanting to compare his fleet with yours to see if he could get roids off you. Always insulting everyone andf generally being a pain in the arse.

However, all that aside he is a good player and I would have him in any gal I was in.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 10:26   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Forest (no need to explain for those having shared channels with him)

An honourable mentioning for SUPERCATZZ, the only bloke I met on IRC who could get away with writing everything in all caps.

hAl
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 10:35   #16
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
mokke = best player i had the joy so far to have him in my galaxy and and excellent bc when it was needed

MrJ = quiet but dangerous the man who is mostly quiet sometimes over days and when u need him he start talking

LDK = wouldn't be fair to name only a single person from there since only ****ing funny & nice guys

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 11:31   #17
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Daywalker : Been the best of m8s with him ever since I met him in PA round 4 when I started playing. He's a great guy and you can always have a good laugh with him. He's now sadly quit PA, but you might be able to find him on IRC every now and then.

Gaurdian and Piketa: Well, I put them here together because they are my 2 rl best m8s, and they are the best of friends you could ever have. Piketa especially is a great PA player, and Gaurdian as well, you can always have a laugh with both of them, and they are great leaders.

4D: I will also break the rules in mentioning an alliance, but I do it because 4D means everything to me, I've been with it's forrunners since I joined in round 4, and it is the funnest alliance in all of PA I can tell you, the times we've had, the great attacks in round 7 with Piketa and Nitros staying up till deep in the night thinking them out, the great people we had in it, none of them were famous, but all of them were peace for peace great people. I have seen many good m8s leave PA from that alliance, and this round it has fallen to me to be SC. I wouldn't leave 4D for ANYTHING. And many other think that way as well, Piketa gave up Fury this round for 4D, and I would to, and have passed up opertunities for larger alliances. Well, 4D is just the funnest group of people around, and we're also doing ok as an alliance.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 11:37   #18
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by QazokRouge5
Korenchkin - Good god this man is hilarious. He has the ability to be sarcastic, lead others, and run a damn good alliance and galaxy at the same time. I was in his R6 galaxy, and we clearleh owned, as I finally got ranked.
Your r6 gal owned ? It wasn't very active at all. I rembember both you and korenchkin asking for def in C with one or maybe two planets getting def whilst already being at ETA's only for cluster fighter cover.

Korenchkin was a nice bloke though I agree with you one that one.

hAl
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 11:55   #19
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
You'll find very little arguments to argue 'Kaplan' or 'Kappeh' as the person who will likely be most remembered in the NoS family. I remember meeting Kaplan for the first time and wanting to find where he lives and kill him, or piss on his momma's rose garden.

Then just 5 rounds later I found myself exchanging phone numbers with the guy. I'll never forget the time he called my housae for the first time and saying "Hi is my ghey GC home?".

FFS....thank god my family didn't answer the phone, but hey that's just Kaplan for yah. I know many others share a story in a very similar fashion.

Nothing beats the day we found out Kaplan is from Kentucky, the funniest joke of a state in the United States. To uphold such a high reputation for so long, having it slapped down by Kentucky Bashers. Heh.

"Why have I been allowing a Kentuckian to degrade and belittle me for all these rounds now?" many people asked themselves. Turns out the new era of jokes and insults were not coming FROM Kaplan as in the old days, but directed directly towards Kaplan.

"Hey Kaplan, how's yer cousin's heiny feel this morning?" <---and it just hasn't gotten old since.

I've been dreaming of the day when Kaplan and Nodrog would clash on IRC in a channel. They both have a similar attitude imo. Please let this happen before PA dies for good. I guarantee you it'll be a laugh for everyone.

Please contact me Nodrog if you wanna rumble with Kaplan, I'm sure you'll win but it would be such a high quality IRC bickering.

I feel like Don King here....

What can I say that you can't say better?

Last edited by KoRnNut; 8 Nov 2002 at 13:52.
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 12:27   #20
zzhou
zz-crew

zzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to beholdzzhou is a splendid one to behold
Matt22 is without a doubt one of the most annoying people I have ever had the pleasure meeting.

I thankyou for englightening me and putting the people i previously thought stupid on a high high pedstal.

You have showed me a new low.

Just for a overview, matt22 is a selfish annoying guy, who last round joined the cluster allianace channel only when he needed defence, spammed for def even when he was mostly covered (oh i lose 3 roids!!!!), and had nothing interesting in general to talk about.

Also the random numbers after his name piss me off

Last edited by zzhou; 1 Feb 2023 at 09:34.
zzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 13:38   #21
Miccksey

Miccksey is an unknown quantity at this point
There are lots of people I like and hang out with but too name a few :

- Kalin, he retired in rnd6 due to RL being around the corner. One crazeh fella, introduced me 2 the game after we had lots of discussions in a game called battlemail. Played with him for 3 rnds, been in several alliances with him. Also I blame him for destroying my RL hehe. I miss him though since he is truly a great character

- Mastah, Denniz, Pyrowired, Extreme, cypher ==> A couple of dutchies with whom I always maintained a friendship and have had great laughs throughout the rnds of Pa and even the worldcup.

- Rha, Rumad, Delinquent, Aquilla, Petru, Avie, Ikarus, Frucht, Willetelle, Cupelix, [frank], mikee, Kejome, Bohu, Steve_G and many more

Personally , I am not gonna talk in numbers but those mentioned have all had some effect on me. Mostly positive and enjoyed many many many hours havin a great laugh with them

Tnx you all

For those I didnt name, come find me and yell at me.

P.S. : Dont forget to bring those soft love paddles ;-)

P.P.S. : soz Fred hhehehe, simply couldnt resist to break these rules for once

Last edited by Miccksey; 8 Nov 2002 at 23:19.
Miccksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 14:10   #22

Koen - heh ... one of my best mates ... the logs within #fryingdutch late in the evening .. pure fun (LONG TIME AGO TOO HEH)

RaH - says it all
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 14:36   #23
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
if were goin for characters

splatpack and gunn3r, both have a very odd sense of humor

valle, had sex live on his webcam!!! norty hamster

killmark, the man most of you hate, a good friend of mine since the earlier rounds, im not sure just how many people know the real killmark

those are just a few i can think of (9am and no sleep - no brain power)
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 15:05   #24
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Characters

All my pr0nstars and the people in #ostraka has a very special place in my memories of PA, when this is over.

Some i will definitely keep in contact with. And will meet up with again.

Special Thanks has got to go to.

Xtrac - A more loyal and dedicated player, is hard to find. He is playing his 4th straight round as a scanner.

Daevyll - You set me up round 5, to get the contacts that has gotten me to where I am today.

Hearne - The rock i leaned on r6-r7, when I was burning out.

Zzhou - Your "comedy" at times misplaced, has at least at times cracked a smile in stressfull times, at other times, it has cost me a little more of my thinning hair.

Prestel - You are GOD.

Genghis - Possibly the best player, I have ever been in gal with.

McNaughton - You have the way of the words. Great work as MoC of the pr0nstars.

Golan - despite our differences in r4, you are one of the people I have been honoured to know.

Ruther, Sokar - My german ensemble. you two have a good sense of humour despite my consistent claims to the contrary.

DP - Source of Intel. Never showed the potential, people keep saying you have.

Mo - Got to know you r3. Was in gal with you r4-r7. You were the one who shaped me as a GC in r4, and gave good advice throughout the rounds.

Jester - For bossing me into Deus and being an overall awesome guy.

Heartshunter - Thank you for taking me into Titans, after Deus disbanded. You only knew me sparingly, and I had no Vouches.
Titans became my new "home"

I willl edit this later. :-D

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 15:10   #25
Rythms

Frucht - FRuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nacho_OuZo - he's marrying me!!! :-)

Draki - lo biatch :O)

meddy - sex00r!!
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 15:51   #26
Dreaded Life

Desse you spanner, 3 people

Anyway, as to selecting just three It's tough, but I'll give it a crack ...

Davidb - One guy that I've kept a very solid relationship over the rounds. And to think, a simple plant was what brought us together We could have rocked PA mate, but the forces of evil kept us apart most of the time Bong on dude!!

TAG_Dread - We haven't know each other that long, but in that short time, it's amazing to see how powerful and precise you are as a PA player. Heck, you can extend that to the real world aswell

Nacho - You are one funny dude mate You (and Tatu) gave me the oppurtunity of a lifetime when you accepted me on board, and I'll always be thankful for that. And remember, whenever you finally make it down here to Aus, I'll have the chicas waiting for you

As for the rest ... Pcma, Dammit, The Llamas, Silvercity, you all have given me fond memories throughout, thanks.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 16:16   #27
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm so many,right,

1) ofc my aussie friend coopy aka toon_fan ive had the pleasure of knowing this guy since i started in rnd2/3 (or when ever long time ago) and we have always stuck with each other from PCMA,had many a lauhgh's,thank you my friend

2) Anakin i suppose,not known him the longest but is a real nice guy to talk to at times and get along with,gotta thank him for getting me into adelante and giveing me some friendly help,
pitty he is a chicken boy though

3)crazyman,known him since my lost days so that was a along time ago when i sort of just started out,we use to have a great time and he followed us into many battles and alliance's,pitty he is retired now or very inactive but still u wont be forgotten my friend
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 16:52   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by splatpack
The majority of TPE, no group in PA could ever match the utter comical genious that had arisen from TPE, I, and many other TPE members spent countless hours mocking people and chuckling to spiteful antics and heartless comments.

the truths.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 19:21   #29
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quite difficult to name just three but I would probably have to say:
Irvine
Biggie
Yogibear
Im off out so haven't got time to go into more detail, might add why when I get back.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 20:03   #30
Keiju

I miss all these ex olmit and vts members, we had fun with them in vts tho i dont know why people hate skaut so much? :E

BomBom : We where in same gal at r3 "39:13 Dawn of Victory :E " Great guy.

Skaut : nut, but still i like him :>

Canoun: Were did u go? /: Tho still idling in our channel.

Masada & Praeda : The Family

Eb: We had fun in mw

(See all those cool smiles im using)

And all the other vts/dominion members i have played with. Gl to all em
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 21:38   #31
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Shonk
Alien
Can't think of another
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 22:10   #32
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point
_are_ - what I can say...man with big heart!

Phantom - taught me to bcalc! =)

DukePaul - spamm0ring....

Suedey - I miss you...

Hot - true friend

+many more...

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 22:34   #33
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
The number one character for me would have to be JustinT2. Went from just a weird guy in Fury to a good friend who *cough* found his way into my galaxy back in R2...he tormented the cluster alliance more than I did. Unfortunately he fk'd off to EverQueer for a good long time, and even though he idles on IRC now...he's still an EQfag :P

The second choice would be Biggdogg, actually. He turned Legion (in my mind) from a bunch of arrogant elite *******s to a laid-back bunch of arrogant elite *******s. Was a lot more relaxed after that point.

My third choice...anyone in our lovely 1:10 gal channel. Each one of us has certain...traits...that make life there ever-so-amusing.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 01:00   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
Never a truer quote said steve. Some ppl hear the hype, see the mistakes and make massive assumptions.
Rumad, my old friend, this is so naive I want to make a funny comment about it.. but Im gonna let it go.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 04:22   #35
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad

Never a truer quote said steve. Some ppl hear the hype, see the mistakes and make massive assumptions.
It's easy to hate someone for their actions. Just about as easy as it is to like someone for who they are, despite their actions.

Nothing wrong with either.

Jester
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 04:24   #36
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
The second choice would be Biggdogg, actually. He turned Legion (in my mind) from a bunch of arrogant elite *******s to a laid-back bunch of arrogant elite *******s. Was a lot more relaxed after that point.
You speaking about r5 here?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 04:43   #37
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
LB|away - makes the game worth playing (suffering).

Rumad - the man has no shame.

Valy - she was funny, used to laugh with an accent.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 07:27   #38
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Miltonite - Longest lasting Legionnaire other than Grendel. APod is great, and nothing will ever beat the coffee filter pictures. :eek:

Watson - The Man. The man.

Perkeo - Legion Chief Cook. Leg-man. Hilarious while drunk.

Several others deserve honorable mention, but those three will forever stick out in my mind above all else.
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 07:31   #39
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
i wish BDB would reply here

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 13:03   #40
Ak`Shen

Wow, long time since ive posted here now..

But its fair to mention the ldk guys, ure all nice and i wish more ppl would c that

When it comes to 3 rolemodels i would have to say

Lrytas - Wierd nobody else mentioned him, most evil man in pa :P

Killmark - Why would i have him as a rolemodel? Besides the bad things everyone mention about him he`s a very nice guy and a master at organizing. Wish i could play more by his side.

And Lockhead, remember my early days from cell when u and fenix where there bossing around it was fun, and u embrace me as a m8 still eventho im LDK :P

There`s so many deserved to be mentioned that i wont mention anyone else, but this game has produced so mange good laughs and times that its such a shame to c it go
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 15:11   #41
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

Your r6 gal owned ? It wasn't very active at all. I rembember both you and korenchkin asking for def in C with one or maybe two planets getting def whilst already being at ETA's only for cluster fighter cover.

Korenchkin was a nice bloke though I agree with you one that one.

hAl
Our Round 6 gal (25:6 I think) was active and only had incoming hostiles land on it 1 or 2 times. The first time was early in the round and was 5:24 (the eventual winners I believe) and I made Jurgen apologise for that a few times

The second time roids were taken was when Storbeo had his gal (25:10) launch at us in cluster because he believed I'd ordered a FoS assault on 25:10, which I hadn't. Storebo was HC of the cluster alliance, so screaming for defence in cluster channels at that point would've been pointless. And most of those incomings got recalled once I'd cleared stuff up with Storebo.

Other than those 2 occasions there were no other major attacks that got through, especially on me. Whenever I got incoming (which as I said wasn't very often) it seemed like the whole of 'The Guild' wanted to defend me (and there was a lot of members back then)
I did used to ask for defence in the cluster channel for another of our gals in that cluster. 25:3 was not so active and often needed lots of defence.

Sorry for going off topic, but I wanted to set that straight.

As for my 3 people...

1. Yasmin/Snuffie - she was always ready to listen to your problems and was very comfortable to chat with. She would rarely disappear mid conversation and always knew the right things to say.

2. Ronnie - A complete and utter n00b when we met (I brought him to PA [I'm sorry about that Ronnie]). He was constantly PMing me, be it for confirmation of what 'lol' means, which research he should be doing next or what his score should be by so and so time. Refreshing to chat with. Back then anyway.

3. Brolly/Darkside - He's memorable because he's such a complete cnut

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 16:04   #42
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm biased due to not travelling much throughout the community (I had to ask Scorpio who Xanadu command were back in r5 )

1) Sid - The personality associated with The Fury. Ruthless, cold and calculated he leads the most famous and most successful dictatorship. Even after the last round where he did not participate his name was still spoken. His return to Planetarion heralded the direction politically for this round - and he has always been at the center of politics since Fury's rise to power.
However, he is very approachable as a person - its the myth and propaganda that surrounds that causes a hint of reluctance, fear, and disbelief when conversing. Notably - Sid doesn't lie.

2) Duke Leto - One of the best personalities imo. Witty, intelligent and political minded it is a wonder why hirr is not considered a 'major alliance'. This is simply due to Leto's lack of ruthlessness and desire to win. Leto wishes to have fun, and his personality is seen as 'hirr'.

3) Grendel - The iron man of The Legion. Much quieter in the latter rounds, but led Legion through thick and thin. Politics from r5 onwards seemed in my opinion to personally affect him. Creator of the most famous galaxy banners within Planetarion history. Also designed the Cathaar graphics. Victori te Salutant

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 03:09   #43
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov

You speaking about r5 here?
No. Round 2, original Fury/Legion alliance. I went into it not trusting VtS a bit, and a week later, I was comfortable with them.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 01:03   #44
Carpeia
a norteh -[LoCo]-

Carpeia has a spectacular aura aboutCarpeia has a spectacular aura about
-Dinoman-
------------------------------------------------
Carpeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 01:13   #45
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Carpeia
-Dinoman-
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote