User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Do you prefer old (r1-9.5) PA or new (r10->) PA?
Old! 67 71.28%
New! 27 28.72%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:46   #51
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Old or New

btw... why are we having such polls... basically everyone knows the general public likes old style PA more anyways, but it's not like it's gonna be changed back to old style PA...........

so why bother with such threads?:/ to make people dislike pax even more?:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:47   #52
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
then how can u do well theese days nadar

combat is simpler, roid intiating is simpler, wave amps and disruptors are simpler

i.e. the core game is simpler
I'm not doing good now as I ain't playing Just logging in now and then to produce some ships It's too ****ing easy to do well in todays PA, whoever wants to can be top50-40-30-whatever..
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:50   #53
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
then how can u do well theese days nadar

combat is simpler, roid intiating is simpler, wave amps and disruptors are simpler

i.e. the core game is simpler
I would actually say combat is actually more complicated. I could easily roid without calcing now its essential due to specific targetting.

Roid initiation maybe simpler, but its dull. Even when I as a newb I loved the initiation sequence.

Wave amps and disrupters are fairly useless now in my view compared to old days.

I guess its all on percepion kal, but you can see from the poll its a failry even split between purists and gadget lovers like you
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:52   #54
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I'm not doing good now as I ain't playing Just logging in now and then to produce some ships It's too ****ing easy to do well in todays PA, whoever wants to can be top50-40-30-whatever..
/me hugs nadar

your right in so many ways - old PA 4evah!!!
Proud to be Independent
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 14:23   #55
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
new PA by far is more simplistic and you don't need any real skill to do well.
is that why you're on top? :P j/k
You need skill, but the margins between 1337 and good has become lesser.
Also, with limited targets in a small universe, you need a lil skill finding good targets(if you dont have a bc doing that for you)

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 14:46   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
btw... why are we having such polls... basically everyone knows the general public likes old style PA more anyways, but it's not like it's gonna be changed back to old style PA...........

so why bother with such threads?:/ to make people dislike pax even more?:/
To let people discuss matters pertaining to Planetarion. There's a poll because the original poster requested it and I felt that it would improve the thread. As we've had a few interesting points I'd say it was a good idea to have the thread and poll. People enjoy expressing their opinions for some unfathomable reason it seems.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 15:13   #57
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I liked the old and the original game (pre-races and with original r6 races) etc, quite a bit. But after a few rounds, they both got dead dull and boring. This current set-up > that, because it`s different and a a tad interesting, although it`s lifespan of interest is much elss as the time it takes to be successful at the game is much shorter than the olden days (mainly due to the lesser amounts of players ofc.)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 15:56   #58
nathan123

nathan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
To let people discuss matters pertaining to Planetarion. There's a poll because the original poster requested it and I felt that it would improve the thread. As we've had a few interesting points I'd say it was a good idea to have the thread and poll. People enjoy expressing their opinions for some unfathomable reason it seems.
well said jonny
nathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 16:50   #59
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

please bring back 6 tick attacks, holoroids, thiefs and Ghosts.

Old
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 17:12   #60
Rumad
th0ng gimp

I think I like jonny as a mod - what am i sayinG!!! i feel crazy!!!
Proud to be Independent
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 17:45   #61
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough

I'd hazard a guess and say that 99% of the people voting for new PA never actually played old pa heh.
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 17:57   #62
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

You`d be wrong.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 20:12   #63
nathan123

nathan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

not quite 99% maybe 50%. But for all we know they might of all played old... u just dont know....
nathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote