User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jun 2004, 02:41   #1
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts
GOD &%*$ing &$*#it

CHANGE THE DAMN LOGIN QUESTIONS.

"The highest mountain in the world is"

Answer: Everest?, Mt. Everest?, Mount Everest?, Mt Everest?

Am I even spelling Everest right? Only one of the above is correct.

I get on average 1.5 questions out of every 5 wrong because of stupid shit like this. The math questions are also bullshit. Sometimes I cant see if its a 7 or 2 because the jaggy lines aren't a different font then the questions.

What is 2 * 10? 20? Nope, it actually was 7 * 10, Sorry! Account locked! The Norway capital one is still giving me shit too. Is it Oslo or Olso? I keep thinking I already tried one, and its always the wrong ****ing answer. I shouldn't have to explain to my family why I have a ****ing piece of paper next to my laptop with obscure capitals on it. How about this? Why don't we stick to answers that have only one possible spelling, and questions that cant be randomnly changed depending on how the lines are generated. Also, questions that are geographically friendly would also be appreciated. Is this too much to ask?

Some of this stuff should be common ****ing sense. Get your shit together, NOW.
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 02:59   #2
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
Re: GOD &%*$ing &$*#it

i agree.

why can you just put pictures up like yahoo or geocties does... then you dont have to worry about the lines.. and are bots even a real problem anymore??

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:21   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Olso isn't some alternative spelling of Oslo.

Additionally, I have never managed to answer even two questions incorrectly in a row, let alone the necessary ten or so before it actually locks your account.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:23   #4
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

but it could be made simpler. Coulnded it

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:29   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, they could easily move to a system which does basic numbers, such as many of the other sites which use similar images to prevent bots from using a service.

I think the current login questions, however, are more amusing. Considering it's pretty difficult to answer multiple questions wrong in a row, I don't see an incessant need to adopt a new system, however.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:37   #6
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Even I answered whats the capital of Oslo wrong..... and I'm norwegian

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:44   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
Even I answered whats the capital of Oslo wrong..... and I'm norwegian

See, Planetarion is good for your education, kids.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:55   #8
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

what is the capital of oslo? is it norway
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 10:51   #9
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough

It's just another thing to add to the shit list of pax, the game is a complete jumble of shitty ideas none of which contribute to a working adhesive game.

atleast ******** starts soon

Last edited by A2; 25 Jun 2004 at 16:41. Reason: censor evasion
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 12:56   #10
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Of the 3 people I've spoken to since rd9.5 who've written 'bots' for PA, all have managed to find a different, reliable and in 2 cases ridiculously easy method of getting around the anti-bot questions.

In the olden days one of the more widespread forms of bot usage was people using timers to click their mouse and launch a fleet while they were asleep... but that's a non issue now. Anyone with enough technical knowledge to write a proper bot (which actually does something useful in today's PA) will quickly notice how lame the bot stopper is and get around it.

Furthermore, I don't even believe there are people now who want to write bots. Everyone still playing PA obviously enjoys playing it a lot. So why would they write a bot to do it for them. Of the 3 people I mentioned at the start of this post, 2 did it to 'for the challenge' of getting past the bot stopper, and 1 did it to download the alliance rankings each tick. Hardly hardcore cheating.

So all the questions do now is annoy legitimate users (aside from Leshy)... good eh :/

I hope we'll see them abolished in round 12.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:07   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

I want them to be harder, so I can be educated while playing PA
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:37   #12
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcomplex
It's just another thing to add to the shit list of pax, the game is a complete jumble of shitty ideas none of which contribute to a working adhesive game.

atleast ******** starts soon
**** off our forums and go to the ******** ones then, dick.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:42   #13
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
what is the capital of oslo? is it norway
"O"

The capital of Norway however is Oslo.
You may also need Sweden or Denmark (Stockholm and Copenhagen respectively)
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:47   #14
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

I think the worst i ever heard was getting 7 or 8 in a row wrong and that person was totally drunk

Yes - some questions can't be answered right on the first try, but with 10 tries it is really very unlikely that you cant answer 10 in a row. Instead of making a drama about nothing, you could simply skip questions which are too obscured or have too many possible different spellings. I doubt you would ever have to skip more then 3.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:04   #15
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

The point isn't really getting locked out of your account, it's the annoyance of being forced through the unnesessary trivia excersise. It's annoying at 4am when your beeper's going crazy and you have 2 minutes to the tick, and it's extra-especially annoying when you've been waiting until 10 seconds before the tick to recall an attack and suddenly your session times out. Infact, after a while, it becomes pretty annoying on a relaxed sunday afternoon halfway through the tick when you're only logging in to spam the gal forum.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 20:39   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Alunan, you have to be pretty stupid if you answer the questions wrong like 10 times in a row And if you don't know the answer, I'll give you a little tip: www.google.com
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 22:11   #17
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

The original post made me laugh, maybe pa team should make you guess the punch line of jokes too?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:24   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

My cat can answer the questions

oh and I almost got closed myself once when i was drunk...

The everest q is lame tho. Had it right second time I got it tho Mount Everest

-JOnas

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:49   #19
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Norway is the capital of Sweden.
Sweden is capital of Scandinavia.
Santa Claus is our king.
Spinner was prime minster for a while.
We have polar bears as pets.
It's so cold here we can hardly go outside.

I'm not funny I'm just stupid.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:46   #20
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

lol !

I have to be honest the questions annoy me, but google does it for capitols if u dont know them surely..
flikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 19:27   #21
Shakuras

Shakuras is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a question about what time is it when both hands are up or somin'

i though: 00:00 i tried some others. But whats the answer of it?
Shakuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 19:36   #22
_o0o_
ostensibly Obscure oddity

_o0o_ is an unknown quantity at this point

noon? midnight? 12:00? 12 o'clock? obviously not 2400...

Last edited by _o0o_; 29 Jun 2004 at 19:47.
_o0o_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 19:58   #23
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve

Just to be fair A2. You expect most people to know how to spell Copenhagen?
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 22:09   #24
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

it's not exactly hard...
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 00:02   #25
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

The clock one is worse than the Everest one.

Midnight?
12 o'clock?
12?
0:00?
00:00?
Noon?
Twelve?
One hour past eleven o'clock?
12 hours before the next time the hands meet?
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 22:22   #26
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
but it could be made simpler. Coulnded it

That might have something to do with why you get them wrong...