User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:18   #1
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Winning alliance?

It occurs to me, how will the winning alliance be decided at the end of PaX? Although the obvious choice would be score, it's not really fair to pick on an alliance that fills up its 150 spots when an alliance with half the players isn't far behind. And average planet score, while being a better representation of skill than the ability to mass-recruit above, can easily be abused by trimming memberlists.

This is the first time an alliance can be officially declared 'winner' by official ingame stats, rather than the impact the players percieve them the have. I'm just wondering if PA crew have considered this...
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:23   #2
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Although the obvious choice would be score, it's not really fair to pick on an alliance that fills up its 150 spots when an alliance with half the players isn't far behind. And average planet score, while being a better representation of skill than the ability to mass-recruit above, can easily be abused by trimming memberlists.
That's how it's always been, and I assume that's how it will be this round as well. It's just backed by the ingame alliance ranking system this time. Whereas in the past we had to rely on tags and memberlists to get a clear view of who was on top.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:37   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
a list of average scores would be nice though.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:57   #4
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
That's how it's always been, and I assume that's how it will be this round as well. It's just backed by the ingame alliance ranking system this time. Whereas in the past we had to rely on tags and memberlists to get a clear view of who was on top.
Well previously it was more often decided by the alliance with the most top 10(0) planets and control of top gals. But now its more in the domain of the alliances with a low average score but the numbers to look big on paper as it where.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:02   #5
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
My prediction would be:
The alliance winning pax will be the alliance beeing able to keep atleast a minority of its members motivated to play this great new game while the rest of the universe just quits and plays ********

P.S. spinner was atleast wise enough to remove the delete button so the disgusted customer cant show him the middlefinger by leaving the game in an obvious way
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:48   #6
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
My prediction would be:
The alliance winning pax will be the alliance beeing able to keep atleast a minority of its members motivated to play this great new game while the rest of the universe just quits and plays ********

P.S. spinner was atleast wise enough to remove the delete button so the disgusted customer cant show him the middlefinger by leaving the game in an obvious way
Heh, another ******** convert, slight problem in that ******** is down though, ah well, it's back in two weeks.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 08:10   #7
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorinn
Heh, another ******** convert, slight problem in that ******** is down though, ah well, it's back in two weeks.

back already then??

geat

Need to move up to top10 lol :P
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 14:53   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
It occurs to me, how will the winning alliance be decided at the end of PaX? Although the obvious choice would be score, it's not really fair to pick on an alliance that fills up its 150 spots when an alliance with half the players isn't far behind. And average planet score, while being a better representation of skill than the ability to mass-recruit above, can easily be abused by trimming memberlists.

This is the first time an alliance can be officially declared 'winner' by official ingame stats, rather than the impact the players percieve them the have. I'm just wondering if PA crew have considered this...
well tbh, galaxy ranks and individual rankings of (look we got #1 player) means NOTHING anymore which is good. It's the alliance that counts, not the individual skills of their players.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:05   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
PA will just pick whatever alliance has the most score at the end of the round to be the official winner. I mean, that's what they do with galaxies, they never say 'well you guys were fence sitters so you don't deserve it' etc. It's only on here that it'll be debated, which it has been done with planets, galaxies, and alliances since forever.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:08   #10
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
well tbh, galaxy ranks and individual rankings of (look we got #1 player) means NOTHING anymore which is good. It's the alliance that counts, not the individual skills of their players.

rgds Kj
I thought you would say that.

rgds Xto
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:13   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
I thought you would say that.

rgds Xto
so you value individuals skills higher? you think it's better to have "selfish twats" that end up #1 then having active and loyal but alliance team players?
Infact you're a louzy HC if your goal is to get the #1 gal and player instead of having your entire alliance end up first.

I figured my answer would be one of every decent HC, which is playing for his alliance and only caring about his alliance's performances.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:18   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Focht in "making-sence-shocker" post!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 16:18   #13
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
what exactly is your definition of 'alliance-winning'?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 16:50   #14
Drea`D
dutchy

Drea`D is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
what exactly is your definition of 'alliance-winning'?
Highest ranking alliance by total score at the end of ticks...

There are a few dozen of other ways to 'catogarise' an alliance but most of them are too biased.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 16:51   #15
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
so you value individuals skills higher? you think it's better to have "selfish twats" that end up #1 then having active and loyal but alliance team players?
Infact you're a louzy HC if your goal is to get the #1 gal and player instead of having your entire alliance end up first.

I figured my answer would be one of every decent HC, which is playing for his alliance and only caring about his alliance's performances.

rgds Kj
With all do resepect, just because an alliance HC wishes to have 'top finishers' does not mean that HC is a lousy one. In fact, because of the reasons stated above, what may well determine 'the winning alliance' is individual scores.

This is all subject to how the Creators and the Community itself decides to 'rank' planets, galaxies, and alliances (wether the same as rounds before or not).

rgds Ho
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:30   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
With all do resepect, just because an alliance HC wishes to have 'top finishers' does not mean that HC is a lousy one. In fact, because of the reasons stated above, what may well determine 'the winning alliance' is individual scores.

This is all subject to how the Creators and the Community itself decides to 'rank' planets, galaxies, and alliances (wether the same as rounds before or not).

rgds Ho
not really. For a player, becoming #1 is an individual victory. For an alliance, you have to rank yourself towards the other alliances. Having more top planets doesn't make you better. the total score and thus power your alliance presents, is what matters when you wanna claim you won.

Nway, that's my view on it. And maybe "louzy" is abit strongly put, though it has some truth in it.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:54   #17
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
not really. For a player, becoming #1 is an individual victory.
Yes. Additionally, it is an alliance victory, not to mention a galactic one as well. I was damn proud of the Legionnaires who were in the Top 10 each round. I was damn proud of Kileman, and much of Fury in Round 7 ('much' does not include everyone, ho ho). Get it?

Quote:
For an alliance, you have to rank yourself towards the other alliances.

My alliance has more top spots than yours. I win.*

Quote:
Having more top planets doesn't make you better.
It does in the eyes of the Universe (and logically as well; all that matters is who's on top when the ticks end - because then you get to have a nice lovely orgy in #creators [OOOH AHHH SPURT]).

Quote:
the total score and thus power your alliance presents, is what matters when you wanna claim you won.
Or we can pretend every round never has two different sides claiming 'ultimate victory.'

Fact of the matter is, if one's alliance is 'so powerful' in 'total score' that means **** all if it can't claim a few top spots. Especially if you do a comparison to something as simple as 'Tag rankings' feature in-game:

Just because [YOU] has 1k planets, average score 200.000, [ASS] has 300 planets, average score 300.00, and [KJ] has 1 planet, average score 200.000.001, essentially comes to meaning [KJ] is the big wiener-winner.

Quote:
Nway, that's my view on it. And maybe "louzy" is abit strongly put, though it has some truth in it.

rgds Kj
Actually, it has no truth, as it's not a word.**

*Disregarding issues such as allied alliances and 'blocks wars.'

**rgds Ho
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 18:33   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
[/i]
like I mentionned, that's how I feel about it. Ofc it's fun having the #1 player and top galaxy, but it's hardly priority of my alliance.
Priority is to do well as an alliance and let the pple in it have fun, after all this is just a silly game.

rgds Kj*

* rgds Kj > rgds Ho

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 18:36   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Ofc it's fun having the #1 player and top galaxy, but it's hardly priority of my alliance.
But we're not talking about 'your alliance' here, we're talking about the generalized criteria for winning a round -> rankings.*

Quote:
Priority is to do well as an alliance and let the pple in it have fun, after all this is just a silly game.
Not everyone shares this priority, some even claim it, and still venture to the same goal -> rankings.*

*Winning.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 18:50   #20
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
[b]But we're not talking about 'your alliance' here, we're talking about the generalized criteria for winning a round -> rankings.*

Not everyone shares this priority, some even claim it, and still venture to the same goal -> rankings.*

*Winning.
tbh spinner gave us the perfect tool for ranking alliances.
the ingame thing does have its faults, but the ranking is good.
it cant be exploited by having 3k members so the difference in membercount is neglible (unlike common rumours we do not have 150 members, we arent even close).

#1 player has got its merits, but in a random round #1 gal means **** all.
my gal is top 10 atm, we got eclipse, rah, nd, fang and inactives, now if my gal were to win all of those could claim victory if we used that.

concerning #1 player, i'd rather have 20 top 100 members than 1 defence hogging top 10 player, who grumbles when he cant have 3 fleets out roiding. so maybe it is an honour to have #1 player, but it isnt the goal my alliance strives for. we strive for a victory as a team, and that means that no one gets special priviledges because he might make top 10 if he does
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 18:59   #21
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher
concerning #1 player, i'd rather have 20 top 100 members than 1 defence hogging top 10 player, who grumbles when he cant have 3 fleets out roiding. so maybe it is an honour to have #1 player, but it isnt the goal my alliance strives for. we strive for a victory as a team, and that means that no one gets special priviledges because he might make top 10 if he does
Incase you missed the choo-choo, you've only just caught onto the fact that, according to yourself, rankings do matter. Makes no difference if it's Top 10 versus Top 20, fact is, compartively, you'd be better off if you had more high-ranked; that is to say, yes, team effort is wonderful, but it all comes down to ranks - how it was achieved or otherwise (not including cheating methods etc.).
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 20:12   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
[b]But we're not talking about 'your alliance' here, we're talking about the generalized criteria for winning a round -> rankings.*

*Winning.
exactly, but I said "in my opinion" and I was refering to my situation, how I would feel about it. And How else to do that with using my own alliance?

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 21:04   #23
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
exactly, but I said "in my opinion" and I was refering to my situation, how I would feel about it. And How else to do that with using my own alliance?

rgds Kj
Simple: Don't use FAnG, because this thread, alas, is not about FAnG.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 21:52   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
its a bit like formula 1 - u have the drivers and construcotrs championship. differnet teams play in differnet ways e.g. ferari play to have michael win everything and thus try and win the drivers and hope rubens gets enough points to give them the constructors as well. whereas mclaren and willaims are much more about a balenced team effort. But every team at the end fo the day wnats to win all the champinships hence its hte same in pa... the winning alliance will be the one that tops the alliance ranking simply becuase thats how everyone will asusme it will be so will play for that goal.... of course that alliance really wants the #1 planet and #1 gal to go with it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 23:01   #25
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
havin the #1 planet just means u got a greedy 3 fleets out attacking def whore in ur alliance , they have set up in game rankings to solve the prob of who wins so its no-ones fault if the X alliances has a few more members to give them the overall victory as its a level playing field with the alliances limited to 150.

regarding the top gal no alliance can claim it in a random round cause there are 10 planets in it so unless there was blatant acc swapping how is it possible to have more than 2 from 1 alliance in any gal

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 23:46   #26
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
havin the #1 planet just means u got a greedy 3 fleets out attacking def whore in ur alliance
may i point out its PaX now? getting only roids is not all that gives you score mister

I don't mind to much who wins, as i am sure that the alliance that ends up @ the #1 position deserves it. But some recognition for the #1 player would be nice aswell as such a player worked hard for it aswell (and his alliances getting him there most likely =) ).
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:15   #27
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:

rgds Kj
Please don't put words into my mouth. I know you are perfectly capable of comprehending my first post, and how this is relvevant to my opinion:
Quote:
it's not really fair to pick on an alliance that fills up its 150 spots when an alliance with half the players isn't far behind
I never once mentioned top planet or gal was essential to winning. However I do feel that higher ranked planets, combined with a higher average planet score reflect more on an alliance than total score does. After all, mass-recruiting isn't exactly a skill.

But of course you knew that.
Troll.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:23   #28
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
havin the #1 planet just means u got a greedy 3 fleets out attacking def whore in ur alliance
On what exactly do you base that assumption?

It isnt exactly a very educated view at all.

Your alliance having and finishing with the #1 planet means that your alliance was so 'powerful and strong' that no other party was able to take down that particular planet and replace it with one of their own. You will never see a #1 planet that isnt from the best 'alliances' of the round (taking into account blocks and allys).

Having the #1 planet (without cheating -_-) is the product of a:
1) Strong alliance able to withstand all adversary
2) A strong galaxy (and or cluster in the case of galaxy being crap), that is able to support the said planet with low eta travel (in pax this is now the 'alliance')
3) Having a dedicated planet manager, that knows their stuff extremely well, has ludicrious online times and the ability to entice the masses to fight for their cause (keeping them #1).

Pissing a lot of people off has also never done wonders for the rankings of a #1 planet, along with arrogance and cheating.

Regardless of the in game ranking system, the #1 planet (and galaxys when they are private) will always be representative of the top alliance and or block. No matter what the bs total score is. Because if that overall alliance score cant be mobilised at any one time to take out the top planet, then its not exactly effective or hugely useful at all
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:23   #29
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Please don't put words into my mouth. I know you are perfectly capable of comprehending my first post, and how this is relvevant to my opinion:

I never once mentioned top planet or gal was essential to winning. However I do feel that higher ranked planets, combined with a higher average planet score reflect more on an alliance than total score does. After all, mass-recruiting isn't exactly a skill.

But of course you knew that.
Troll.
hmm your argument doesnt work imho.
last round the whole top 25 together had more score than about 500 people from rank 400-900.
so just recruiting 150 players wont win you the scores.
it would be nice if spinner added an avg value for the alliances, but imho total score is what should be ranked (thats the way rd 2 got decided as well in case anyone remembers).

1 last point, if spinner is looking at this he might fix the recruit exploit (people added as recruit not adding to score of alliance) a certain officer of a certain alliance always brags about
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:21   #30
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Distracting me on AD while your alliance launches on my planet is not funny.

:((
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:42   #31
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
hmm your argument doesnt work imho.
last round the whole top 25 together had more score than about 500 people from rank 400-900.
so just recruiting 150 players wont win you the scores.
it would be nice if spinner added an avg value for the alliances, but imho total score is what should be ranked (thats the way rd 2 got decided as well in case anyone remembers).
Last round was the old score system. Exponential growth was removed thats why we have atm the situation where a casual player is not too far behind a hardcore player.
So in a conclusion of this logic 150 casual players could beat 100 hardcore players scorewise.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 07:01   #32
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road
no i think it merely means the hardcore players will have to struggle a lil longer in the end they will succeed and will have much more score than their enemies anyway...
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 07:59   #33
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough

Quote:

rgds Kj
for someone who posts alot you never seem to say much do you
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 09:08   #34
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
well said dj
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 09:21   #35
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Lei~
no i think it merely means the hardcore players will have to struggle a lil longer in the end they will succeed and will have much more score than their enemies anyway...
Is that not sort of the point?
They may have more score than their enemies, but high score doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to "bash" their enemies to the ground, like in previous rounds.
The "hardcore" players definitely deserve to win, i don't think anyone would argue there, the problem in previous round was that them winning came at the expense of everyone else losing (badly...), which (hopefully) shouldn't be the case so much this round.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Because if that overall alliance score cant be mobilised at any one time to take out the top planet, then its not exactly effective or hugely useful at all
It won't be easy at all for an alliance to take down a #1 player in 1 (set of..) attacks, again due to the new scoring. Score now, rightly imo, doesn't just show how good at playing the game a planet it, it shows how well the planet has played for the whole round.

Its entirely possible, that you could kill all someone's ships, steal all their roids and them still have the #1 spot due to their attacks/defences/cov-ops/whatever earlier in the round.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 11:51   #36
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
for someone who posts alot you never seem to say much do you
yet I make more sence in 1 post as all your posts added so far

get a life or just stay away from AD, troll

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 11:57   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Last round was the old score system. Exponential growth was removed thats why we have atm the situation where a casual player is not too far behind a hardcore player.
So in a conclusion of this logic 150 casual players could beat 100 hardcore players scorewise.
yup, but you can't come on AD claiming it's not "FAIR" cause the rules are the same for everyone. Nothing forbids those 100 hardcore players to recruit to 150. They have that ability, if they don't want to use it then they cannot use an arguement such as "but they had more members" cause that's something you chose for. It's a choice you and your alliance made, it's NOT an excuse that can be called in at the end of the round so you can still claim you did good and would have done better IF you had ...

rgds Kj

p.s. I replied to Focht, yet it is not directed to him personally or his alliance, it's a general remark (to avoid nasty replies )

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:02   #38
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
yup, but you can't come on AD claiming it's not "FAIR" cause the rules are the same for everyone. Nothing forbids those 100 hardcore players to recruit to 150. They have that ability, if they don't want to use it then they cannot use an arguement such as "but they had more members" cause that's something you chose for. It's a choice you and your alliance made, it's NOT an excuse that can be called in at the end of the round so you can still claim you did good and would have done better IF you had ...

rgds Kj

p.s. I replied to Focht, yet it is not directed to him personally or his alliance, it's a general remark (to avoid nasty replies )
yup, but you can't come on AD claiming it's not "FAIR" cause the rules are the same for everyone. Nothing forbids those 150 average players to play well. They can have that ability, if they don't want to get it then they cannot use an arguement such as "but they played better" cause that's something you chose for. It's a choice you and your alliance made, it's NOT an excuse that can be called in at the end of the round so you can still claim you did good and would have done better IF you had ...

I'll say this for clarification - Mass-recruiting is not a skill. It is an option for HC who don't have members capable enough to compete otherwise. The ability to mass-recruit doesn't make you deserve a top ranking, it just highlights how **** your members , that you have to resort to such measures to compete.

An alliance with 75 members and 3 million score is 'better' than one with 150 players and 3.1 million score in my book, and I'm sure quite a lot of other people's as well. I just want to know if the people in charge care enough to reflect that.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:07   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

An alliance with 75 members and 3 million score is 'better' than one with 150 players and 3.1 million score in my book, and I'm sure quite a lot of other people's as well. I just want to know if the people in charge care enough to reflect that.
yes Xto, yet the alliance with 3.1 mill score will be the official winner. Ofc the individual skills of your members do matter, but only to an extend. The example you gave was a drastic one, you know that aswell, If you end up with the highest allaince score in total in PAX, then you must have top 100 players, quiet some cause otherwise you wouldn't have that score.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:13   #40
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Also, do you guys wanna take a lunch break and resume this afternoon? I could use something to eat, covering and killing your suicide fleets makes me hungry.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:15   #41
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Also, do you guys wanna take a lunch break and resume this afternoon? I could use something to eat, covering and killing your suicide fleets makes me hungry.
nah, we are cooperating with all other alliances to take you down m8, yup. Call it blocking vs Xto. Infact, you're that important that we will waste all our efforts on bringing you down for the rest of the round.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:17   #42
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
nah, we are cooperating with all other alliances to take you down m8, yup. Call it blocking vs Xto. Infact, you're that important that we will waste all our efforts on bringing you down for the rest of the round.

rgds Kj
[derail_own_thread]
I did wonder why so many fleets were needed. Am I allowed to get the Dragon in my gal to defend against you, or do their members not know you share an arbiter? [/derail_own_thread]
Thanks for clarification.

rgds xto
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:23   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
[derail_own_thread]
I did wonder why so many fleets were needed. Am I allowed to get the Dragon in my gal to defend against you, or do their members not know you share an arbiter? [/derail_own_thread]
Thanks for clarification.

rgds xto
could you ask dragons to add me aswell so I can have access to their arbiter aswell? thx

rgds Kj

P.S.: just to show how rediculous this remark of xto was, FAnG has not arbiter, no board and no site or PAtools atm. So yes, we share our NOT YET EXISTING arbiter ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:37   #44
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:

rgds Kj

infact you didnt reply to my post which is kinda funny that you quoted me. You might feel the need to adjust your postings this thread was not about fairness and not about fang but about predictions of the AD posters on how the winning alliance of r10 may look like. Infact my reply was aimed on unf slasher (admittingly also fang) but in no way towards fang or how fair they played or not but basically pointing out he made a wrong estimation of last rounds scoreing system compared with the new system implemented in paX. Infact i find the arrogance you dictating anyone what is the right way to count score or what is NOT an excuse highly amuseing. Please keep in mind we are not your fang peons so free choice of speech and free opinions cant be limited by thy highness kj

P.S. try in future to "reply" to the point i made rather than quoting me and trying to push something else forward which has nothing to do with my post at all.

Disclaimer: i doubt anyone here spoke of fang as an alliance or about their way of living their live in pa. You brought YOUR alliance up at first and i honestly doubt it would be far better if you stop doing so because simply said there are other eggs in the basket and fang isnt by far the biggest or best.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:37   #45
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
could you ask dragons to add me aswell so I can have access to their arbiter aswell? thx

rgds Kj

P.S.: just to show how rediculous this remark of xto was, FAnG has not arbiter, no board and no site or PAtools atm. So yes, we share our NOT YET EXISTING arbiter ...
So what are you relying on? The ingame alliance "tool"? You're DOOMED... DOOMED!!!!!
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:40   #46
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:

rgds Kj

Just Dragons have one and you share it ? :>
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:44   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
infact you didnt reply to my post which is kinda funny that you quoted me. You might feel the need to adjust your postings this thread was not about fairness and not about fang but about predictions of the AD posters on how the winning alliance of r10 may look like. Infact my reply was aimed on unf slasher (admittingly also fang) but in no way towards fang or how fair they played or not but basically pointing out he made a wrong estimation of last rounds scoreing system compared with the new system implemented in paX. Infact i find the arrogance you dictating anyone what is the right way to count score or what is NOT an excuse highly amuseing. Please keep in mind we are not your fang peons so free choice of speech and free opinions cant be limited by thy highness kj

P.S. try in future to "reply" to the point i made rather than quoting me and trying to push something else forward which has nothing to do with my post at all.

Disclaimer: i doubt anyone here spoke of fang as an alliance or about their way of living their live in pa. You brought YOUR alliance up at first and i honestly doubt it would be far better if you stop doing so because simply said there are other eggs in the basket and fang isnt by far the biggest or best.
100% accurate as always

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:47   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
Just Dragons have one and you share it ? :>
could you and xto then PLZ add me to it? I feel left out cause I don't have access yet

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:49   #49
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
could you and xto then PLZ add me to it? I feel left out cause I don't have access yet
I'll sort if if you recall your jihad on me. I could use some lunch.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 17:31   #50
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winning alliance?

Quote:
I'll sort if if you recall your jihad on me. I could use some lunch.
If you are thinking in a real dirty frame of mind, these mass launches could provide that nutrition.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Closed Thread