User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 22 Jul 2003, 15:19   #51
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
activity and being a good player is not neccesarily that important. Knowing how to test features is more important. Obviously some good players are needed so that once things are working they can give opinions on the working features, but then opinons from poor players may be in some ways better. As if a poor plaer likes a feature then it mightin some way imply that this feature will level theplaying field a bit - which i'm all for as I have never done well myself. My highest ever score os 12.5mil is testament to that.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 15:23   #52
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
skill isnt so important(aslong as some has it), but imo actvity is important so that the player is around to test, and give his\her opinions.
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 16:11   #53
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
agreed activity is important, hence new players shoudl only be involed if they can put in the testing hours

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 11:23   #54
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
seems there will be

im still critical to letting in 9 virus people(with dodgy playing ability\activity), and next to noone from anywhere else(cept various branches of p.a team).
there surely arent 9 virus members in beta :P

i see just as much virus as i see FAnG, RaH, and Titans

and of all the ViruS in beta only 2 of us werent at i16/TG or whatever :P
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 11:28   #55
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
Ok, so gemz\yeggs were at i16, but most of the others Virus`s were not at i16.

Its natural that some virus`s was picked(A2 and Mit were members be4 it was told that no p.a team members can be in an ally).

And i still fail to see why i16 people got in, would be better if they also let in the top3 gals from TG, players who is atleast active and can help in a way.
Gemz / Yeggs = i16
Aaranaf - virus player selected - he's the only one i know of (not looked hard thou)

A2 / myself - ex members, A2 quit a while back, i left due to duties which forced me not to have any alliance ties. i don't think A2 did, but i know i didn't select any virus 'friends'.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 11:33   #56
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
gemz/yeggs/semajal = i16

myself/Azurewrath selected due to invite through friends (im not allowed to be friends with pa crew members i guess )
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 12:59   #57
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit

i left due to duties which forced me not to have any alliance ties.

thats bullsh*t you left and joined FAnG
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:04   #58
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
thats bullsh*t you left and joined FAnG
You really need to keep up to date with ur intel. I was doing some spying on FAnG / Zenith for ViruS. I ain't been in FAnG since well before the end of Round 9. Ta.

I only had to leave my alliance ties when i became a hunter, seen as ViruS was my alliance, i know i still idle in the virus lounge, but thats cos members of the community wanted me to stay, not to have any contact with the PA side, but they wanted me to stay around as a friend.

Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:09   #59
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
ok so lemme get this right, you officially left virus THEN you start popping up in the FAnG private channel? surely you would have made a more effective spy if you was actually a virus member when u spy'd?
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:19   #60
Dreadnought

LANS are a gay way to pick people for the beta.

Its childish

"oh he didnt go to this lan blah blah he cant beta test"
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:23   #61
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
ok so lemme get this right, you officially left virus THEN you start popping up in the FAnG private channel? surely you would have made a more effective spy if you was actually a virus member when u spy'd?
Spying on FAnG / Zenith during round 9. Have just left virus earlier this round - this is 9.5.... ur point?

Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:24   #62
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought

Its childish

Thye were suppost to be the first testers of the game, but it wasn't allowed to go, thus their names were put forwards to be in the beta cos some were going mainly for PA Rnd 10.

Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:27   #63
Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
Thye were suppost to be the first testers of the game, but it wasn't allowed to go, thus their names were put forwards to be in the beta cos some were going mainly for PA Rnd 10.
Come off it Mit, most go to get rat arsed not play a game.
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:27   #64
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought

Its childish

The reason why people who went to i16 got a chance to betatest in this instance is that it had been promised that round 10 would be there, and by attending they would therefore be among the first players to see it. Due to a combination of factors this had to be changed at the last minute and in order not to cause dissapointment and as a form of compensation it was decided to offer them an invite to the first round of beta.
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:33   #65
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
Spying on FAnG / Zenith during round 9. Have just left virus earlier this round - this is 9.5.... ur point?

your a blagging tw*t

even when i was pateam i didnt talk as much bullsh*t as u, and thats saying something!
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 13:57   #66
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve
umm

who gets invited ?

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 16:33   #67
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
your a blagging tw*t

even when i was pateam i didnt talk as much bullsh*t as u, and thats saying something!
Don't believe me then... not my problem.

Unread 23 Jul 2003, 20:23   #68
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
well

atm i16 people and some other "l33t" players are the testers. THey will test more than this one time, and im sure they need testers from all different ranks in skill activity and erm, dedication? :P

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 20:24   #69
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
oh and

my personal oppinion is that every alliance should have the chance tyo put a few people into the beta, as it would be much more fair.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 20:35   #70
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
To be honest there is quite a good spread of alliances represented in the beta at the moment. I'm not certain if every single alliance is represented but we've certainly got a fairly large percentage of them.

The players that are testing are not all "l33t" players, and neither did they all go to i16.

Yes, we have some of the players who have won or come close to winning previous rounds since we have to make sure the game won't lose it's oomph if you get too big.

Yes, we have some people who have played very little Planetarion in the past, ranging all the way down to someone who hadn't started playing until mid-9.5. We have to find out what new people think of the game if we want to attract new players. It can't be totally orientated towards the winners or the people with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to play.

We also have a selection of medium strength players. The type of player that makes up the bulk of the accounts in the universe. I think reasons for having these people in there is fairly self explanatory.
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 20:55   #71
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
good stuff here

Sounds great then. A useful "demographic" of testers was always one of the beta's problems.

While you're here, how about another beta update, but with more info

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 21:40   #72
A2
#planetarion

Right... beta...

Currently we're still playing through our first run through of it with approximately 125 planets in the system and getting to grips with the ways in which Research and Constructions are now handled. The testers were equipped with pretty well minimal information(we pretty well said "here's the game, here's the ticks, get on with it" on this occasion). Also the effect of the engineers is being examined and it is clear that there are multiple ways of starting a round.

Suggestions, improvements and questions are being posted on the beta forums regularly and some interesting debates have sprung up over whether X should be changed to Y, and if that change would affect H,I,J & K or not.

Already several bugs or exploits that had slipped through the coding stage have been caught by a variety of methods and fixed.

First impressions of the game have in general been good, and we are planning to reset and apply a package of suggested updates in the near future.

Sorry for not revealing any of the details that I suspect you're all desperate for.
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 22:05   #73
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit

nooone cared about TG not getting to see it did they?

i dont care now, im in the beta now ^^
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 04:09   #74
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll join in on the forum bantering if you want any ideas scrutinised before they mess the game up btw. (-:
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 09:55   #75
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee
I'll join in on the forum bantering if you want any ideas scrutinised before they mess the game up btw. (-:
Actually, I'm surprised how much I agree with some of spinners ideas, even if it changes some of the way to play the game efficiently, but I think i've already said too much.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 09:19   #76
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
*steps around all the spat dummies*

My god have I never seen such a bunch of whingers. I tell you what, it's a cracking way of not getting in the beta.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:12   #77
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
pa forums users should be able to read by now.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote