User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:16   #1
Stals
Retired

Stals is an unknown quantity at this point
YeYe, It had to happen sometime...

Last night when I get home to log into my account after studying for my final exam (which went straight to hell today) I get this message when I log in:
This account is closed due to suspicions of having multiple accounts. An email has been sent to the registered account regarding this matter. If you have questions, please reply to it.

In the start I didn't have any idea why I was being closed. So I got in contact with some Planetarion Admins to sort it out, then I got the message that I was playing two accounts (which was new to me :eek: ) So I talked with Spinner a bit )well for around two hours, thanks for your time Spinner )

The reason I was given was that when r9.5 signups opened I signed up a new account, cause I forgot that we kept the r9 one.
When I found out I had two, I gave my new one away to a friend to play it, cause his didn't get activated earlier. And since I had logged into both accounts, yes I logged into the new one to change password and ruler\planet name it was considered as multiiing, which is a break of the rules.

And since I had nothing to hide, I admitted it to Spinner, cause I thought he's understand it was just a screwup, but I wasn't using the planet after ticks started, but Spinner still found it as a reason to close me, so he did.

Last night I was pissed, but I now understand that in order to make people respect these rules that Planetarion has, it has to be so black and white that he was forced to do it, and I've accepted that.

So now you all know why I was closed, so please leave me alone, cause I was not closed for farming or using scan planets, but for a signup screwup, but well **** happens

Have fun all of you for rest of the round, and may the best win
(I'll bet some money on teh but that is still left to prove )

Bye folks!

- Stals
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
WC2 TiG's Terriffic Tribe (winner galaxy!)
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R12 1uP MO (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Stals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:21   #2
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
ch34t0r!!!!
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:22   #3
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
aint gonna win cuz people like attacking me too much:P

you turned out to be an ok guy tho:P even tho i've had my thoughts about you hehe well played and nice that atleast you can admit this
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:24   #4
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Stals I must say u finally showed me u aren't a lousy PA player after all and it turns out the only reason you could do this was because of multi accounts
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:27   #5
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
is a little common sense too much to ask from the admins?
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:28   #6
Fruchtquake
The GodFather of PvN

Fruchtquake is an unknown quantity at this point
:-/

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Potestas Vitae Necisque
Fruchtquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:32   #7
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
is a little common sense too much to ask from the admins?
I'm dying to spill what I know on this case, heh, because Stals is conveniently missing out a few very important facts, but I cant

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:36   #8
Stals
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
I'm dying to spill what I know on this case, heh, because Stals is conveniently missing out a few very important facts, but I cant
I know that admins think I was farming, but I explained it to Spinner, and he said he believed me, so those "fact" are out of the question as long as Spinner wasn't lying to me

Also it is pretty clear that I didn't TRY to do it, since I used full name, adress, phone number on both the accounts, right ?
I ain't that stupid
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:36   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:41   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
stals, your sig is incorrect.

You took over that planet last round when your VoM like galaxy kinda got trashed.

Oh and nicely done that you admit this, but knowing you I expect you to take over a planet somewhere else and just continue playing. You are not a bad player, you just should watch out a bit more
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:44   #11
Stals
Retired

As Spinner said to me "this should weight up for all the other rounds you've cheated "

And I doubt I'll keep on playing active, maybe I'll find a scanplanet to settle down with to help my friends cause the scan formule = teh ****ed
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:46   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by DaRk_anthraX
As Spinner said to me "this should weight up for all the other rounds you've cheated "

And I doubt I'll keep on playing active, maybe I'll find a scanplanet to settle down with to help my friends cause the scan formule = teh ****ed
it's still incorrect!

and i do love you

wanna play 30 min ticks LH with me ? i won last round there, tis piss easy

[edit]Stals never cheated in round7, I know that for sure. Accountsharers suck[/edit]
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:47   #13
Dreadnought

Stals only did well, as he ran a BG so picked the juciest of targets, no real achievement tbh
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:50   #14
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about
that's a gift you got my old Ooooompher
Now you can enjoy the whole summer without worrying
about planetarion, and id like to thank spinner about the
random, it slowly helps me to let go of planetarion as well

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:53   #15
Stals
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
Stals only did well, as he ran a BG so picked the juciest of targets, no real achievement tbh
I still haven't attacked with my BG cause LDK attacks is more profitable and they rock

Oh yes... I am in LDK
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 14:50   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I still haven't attacked with my BG cause LDK attacks is more profitable and they rock

Oh yes... I am in LDK
you were, now you are closed

I hope LDK have an Anti-cheater policy and kick closed cheaters, otherwise it will look like LDK supports cheating :/
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 15:10   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

So you didn't learn: taking over a scan planet is also cheating. You deserve to be closed. But I guess getting closed once isn't enough. My advice to the multi hunters: get his IP and watch his activities carefully. Close at the first suspicion.
It's a free round with full tech tree. Start a new planet and teach your galmates how to play and/or roid some noobs (there's no better way to learn then the hard way).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 15:54   #18
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
you were, now you are closed

I hope LDK have an Anti-cheater policy and kick closed cheaters, otherwise it will look like LDK supports cheating :/

LOL would it matter if they did, you know they would still recieve the "your a bunch of cheaters" sh*t no matter what they do
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:25   #19
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
So you didn't learn: taking over a scan planet is also cheating. You deserve to be closed. But I guess getting closed once isn't enough. My advice to the multi hunters: get his IP and watch his activities carefully. Close at the first suspicion.
It's a free round with full tech tree. Start a new planet and teach your galmates how to play and/or roid some noobs (there's no better way to learn then the hard way).
You anal retentive little dick, he didnt say he would 'take over' a scan planet did he? Why should he, with the free tech to new planets? Before badmouthing someone, you might want to make sure its not your own stupidity creating monsters where there arent any.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:46   #20
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally posted by Tis
You ***********************, he didnt say he would 'take over' a scan planet did he? Why should he, with the free tech to new planets? Before badmouthing someone, you might want to make sure its not your own stupidity creating monsters where there arent any.
He said 'find a scanplanet'. Where do you 'find' scanplanets? He might start a scanplanet, but you don't find them like you find asteroids. It could be just a minor misunderstanding. In which case you could have pointed it out to me nicely. And in which case I apologise. But his words say something different. Anyway good to see you have faith in him. Now trust me in believing me when I say I'm not such a bad guy either.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:54   #21
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
He said 'find a scanplanet'. Where do you 'find' scanplanets? He might start a scanplanet, but you don't find them like you find asteroids. It could be just a minor misunderstanding. In which case you could have pointed it out to me nicely. And in which case I apologise. But his words say something different. Anyway good to see you have faith in him. Now trust me in believing me when I say I'm not such a bad guy either.
Sure i could have pointed it out nicely, but you werent being very nice either, were you now? Im sure youre a perfectly decent fellow, but everyone gets carried away sometimes. If a good jolt can bring you back to reality, then so be it.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:58   #22
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL would it matter if they did, you know they would still recieve the "your a bunch of cheaters" sh*t no matter what they do

Thats a fun cop-out.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 20:28   #23
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future
/me fluffles stals

i still wub u.. cheat0r

i've known ppl to do worse and not get deleted... serves u right for havin t10 planet *cuddles Stals*
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:24   #24
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
i remember a certain fleet farmer being reopened cause "he didn't know"

plead ignorance and you shall be forgiven
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:48   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
'We keep cheaters in our ranks because if we didn't people would say we keep cheaters within our ranks'?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 00:24   #26
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm sorry to hear about this matey...most unlucky way to get closed after you hear what others get away with/are doing right now...

..so long as all you say is true ofc

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 00:27   #27
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
i remember a certain fleet farmer being reopened cause "he didn't know"

plead ignorance and you shall be forgiven
That only works if you're sufficiently famous/have a high-ranked planet.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 08:43   #28
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
'We keep cheaters in our ranks because if we didn't people would say we keep cheaters within our ranks'?

working on LDK's 'pr' is an obvious exercise in futility so why waste the time
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:15   #29
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
working on LDK's 'pr' is an obvious exercise in futility so why waste the time

No one commented on their PR, they commented on thier actual policies. And if you think discouraging cheating is only something to be done for PR purposes, i wonder what you think about this game.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:17   #30
Gerbie
pe0n

So, what alliance was Cypher in?
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:33   #31
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
No one commented on their PR, they commented on thier actual policies. And if you think discouraging cheating is only something to be done for PR purposes, i wonder what you think about this game.
i am totally against cheating and i think anyone that does is pretty damn pathetic to actually spend the time and effort on doing it. What im seeing here is a lose lose situation for LDK, they can a) kick stals lose a obvious active member, and perhaps it might help to change peoples opinions of LDK which i severely doubt. Or b) keep stals have him sign up again and hopefully serve some purpose within the alliance, your going to have to put up with some flaming on AD but they seem to get enough of that anyway.

i dunno how LDK works tho they may well end up kicking stals this is just how i see it and my views can be applied to pretty much all cheating cases*

* cept killmark
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:36   #32
Dreadnought

LDK in cheating *shocker* x 2
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:43   #33
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
aint gonna win
hmm quite true

[edit] WTF? what happend, cypher tell us [/edit]
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 09:44   #34
K-W
Bored

Quote:
i am totally against cheating and i think anyone that does is pretty damn pathetic to actually spend the time and effort on doing it. What im seeing here is a lose lose situation for LDK, they can a) kick stals lose a obvious active member, and perhaps it might help to change peoples opinions of LDK which i severely doubt. Or b) keep stals have him sign up again and hopefully serve some purpose within the alliance, your going to have to put up with some flaming on AD but they seem to get enough of that anyway.

i dunno how LDK works tho they may well end up kicking stals this is just how i see it and my views can be applied to pretty much all cheating cases*

* cept killmark
ITs a convienent excuse to do nothing about cheating. I think stating a clear anti cheating policy and following it would make a world of difference in how they are seen. The idea that because they are looked at as being soft on cheating is a reason for them to remain soft on cheating seems rather pointless to me. I think the community would appreciate and encourage LDK to internally fight cheating.

Btw, im not commenting on stals specifically. If his story is for real then he probably shouldnt be kicked, but, LDK would do very well to, if they actually feel cheating is bad, start taking steps. What you said would have been much more valid rounds ago. But in PA currently, most alliances at least pay lip service to and do some level of internal rule enforcement.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:00   #35
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
ITs a convienent excuse to do nothing about cheating. I think stating a clear anti cheating policy and following it would make a world of difference in how they are seen. The idea that because they are looked at as being soft on cheating is a reason for them to remain soft on cheating seems rather pointless to me. I think the community would appreciate and encourage LDK to internally fight cheating.

Btw, im not commenting on stals specifically. If his story is for real then he probably shouldnt be kicked, but, LDK would do very well to, if they actually feel cheating is bad, start taking steps. What you said would have been much more valid rounds ago. But in PA currently, most alliances at least pay lip service to and do some level of internal rule enforcement.

I dont doubt that most alliances do, but afaik LDK is a large group of rl friends? So i think it makes your idea a little harder to implement there is no way you would kick a rl friend from your alliance if he cheated (im not saying thats right, just the way it is)
so your idea's of internal rule enforment arent quite so easy to police and enforce in this particular case.

@Dreadtw*t cyphie was closed briefly for some incorrect signup information, but he is now reopened
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:04   #36
Dreadnought

Quote:
I dont doubt that most alliances do, but afaik LDK is a large group of rl friends?
Stals is lithuanian? lol

thats a new one, last time i checked he was Norweigan

dj maybe you should **** off again, nobody missed you
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:09   #37
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Stals is lithuanian? lol

thats a new one, last time i checked he was Norweigan

dj maybe you should **** off again, nobody missed you
a) obviously they have some 'tag alongs', but *sigh* i didnt feel it would be needed to point that out, was my spelling and grammar ok too?

b)where did i go?
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:13   #38
K-W
Bored

Quote:
I dont doubt that most alliances do, but afaik LDK is a large group of rl friends? So i think it makes your idea a little harder to implement there is no way you would kick a rl friend from your alliance if he cheated (im not saying thats right, just the way it is)
so your idea's of internal rule enforment arent quite so easy to police and enforce in this particular case.

@Dreadtw*t cyphie was closed briefly for some incorrect signup information, but he is now reopened
So now its ok for them to not fight cheating cause they are friends? Thats a new one. What do you mean no way you would kick a rl friend? Thats utter crap. If not doing something to a real life friend in an ONLINE SPACE GAME is more important to them than having a cleaner game for all of us to play than they should all quit.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:15   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I don't know the exact reason for his closing/reopening but the 'logs' someone showed here from his supposed escort planets have nothing to do with him, think it was Koen who implied that somewhere over here.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:17   #40
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
So now its ok for them to not fight cheating cause they are friends? Thats a new one. What do you mean no way you would kick a rl friend? Thats utter crap. If not doing something to a real life friend in an ONLINE SPACE GAME is more important to them than having a cleaner game for all of us to play than they should all quit.
i said i dont think its right, im trying to stay quite objective here and use a bit of common sense. In theory its all well and good to say "yes lets kick blah for doing blah" but if blah is one of your rl buddys how easy do u think it would be to kick them? And tbh anyone that puts a ONLINE SPACE GAME before there m8s is crazy.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:18   #41
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Dont start using djcomplex naivity of risking his words used as anti ldk propaganda. That was not his exact point.

LDK does not support cheating, DJ was just saying that if someone knows about someone in the alliance cheating he might not say it due to RL contacts, he wasnt implying that the entire alliance knows exactly what the others are doing.

Actually Lrytas thought a moment of quitting the game.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:49   #42
K-W
Bored

Quote:
i said i dont think its right, im trying to stay quite objective here and use a bit of common sense. In theory its all well and good to say "yes lets kick blah for doing blah" but if blah is one of your rl buddys how easy do u think it would be to kick them? And tbh anyone that puts a ONLINE SPACE GAME before there m8s is crazy.
You should get serious help if anything that happens in an online game qualifies for the standard "putting it before your m8s" more accurately any friend who takes the actions in a game as part of the rl friendship is A. a bad friend, and B. desturbed.

If you cant play it as a game you shouldnt play.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:51   #43
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
Dont start using djcomplex naivity of risking his words used as anti ldk propaganda. That was not his exact point.

LDK does not support cheating, DJ was just saying that if someone knows about someone in the alliance cheating he might not say it due to RL contacts, he wasnt implying that the entire alliance knows exactly what the others are doing.

Actually Lrytas thought a moment of quitting the game.
I didnt imply anything you say I implied so im not sure what im responding to here.

He was giving hypothetical reasons LDK might non come out against cheating and introduce internal anti-cheating measures. And I was arguing against his reasons.

If LDK doesnt like cheating, then LDK should come out against it, and pledge like most other top alliances to fight it internally. Until they do, claims that they do not support cheating will earn little applause from anyone.

It's rd 9.5 the standards have changed. Its no longer socially considered adequate to simply not support cheating anymore. Now its expected that alliances work to stop it.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 10:55   #44
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
You should get serious help if anything that happens in an online game qualifies for the standard "putting it before your m8s" more accurately any friend who takes the actions in a game as part of the rl friendship is A. a bad friend, and B. desturbed.

If you cant play it as a game you shouldnt play.

i dont think i got my point across very well, basically IMO if i was playing this game with my m8s there is no way i would remove one of them from the alliance just for the fact that they are ya friends and its more enjoyable to play pa with them, i really couldnt give a toss if anyone else enjoyed the game aslong as me and my m8s had a good time. I think thats why we dont seem to agree on this matter, you care to much.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:21   #45
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
i really couldnt give a toss if anyone else enjoyed the game aslong as me and my m8s had a good time.
That is the main reason why so many cheats are going unpunished. Their friends/allies know all about the cheating they're doing but do nothing.

Take Theamion for example, he comes on here every month almost, if there's a thread going on about someone cheating, he'll jump in with a comment towards someone with something like "well what about when you cheated back in r8" etc. Look at the early part of this thread. Why the f**k the stupid bloody idiot didn't report them then is beyond me. But then again, he is a proven cheat and accountsharer, no wonder I'm not surprised.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:35   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
That is the main reason why so many cheats are going unpunished. Their friends/allies know all about the cheating they're doing but do nothing.

Take Theamion for example, he comes on here every month almost, if there's a thread going on about someone cheating, he'll jump in with a comment towards someone with something like "well what about when you cheated back in r8" etc. Look at the early part of this thread. Why the f**k the stupid bloody idiot didn't report them then is beyond me. But then again, he is a proven cheat and accountsharer, no wonder I'm not surprised.
cause i am a hypocrite.

if you accountshare or accounttake over i couldn't care less. If you accountshare to escort one planet to boost it to #1, i'm annoyed, if you multi-escort yourself you deserved to be roided to death and ip-banned from the game.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 19:37   #47
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
2 other ldk planets involved in cheating accusations the plot thickens.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 19:55   #48
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
neither is farming your ass off, DEAREST
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 20:10   #49
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
2 other ldk planets involved in cheating accusations the plot thickens.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 20:31   #50
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
not my point to judge them
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet