User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 May 2003, 21:56   #51
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
cochese wins.
Unread 22 May 2003, 22:30   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: To save time later on

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
We could end up with most alliances playing solo and for 'fun' since they won't want to burn any bridges that they may need for round 10 (the next real round), or upset people with dodgy tactics.
well I do hope all alliance blow up their bridges for r10 and go solo for once (but I'm sure some will call in lame excuses as "they blocked first" so ...)

guess I can keep on dreaming

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 23:33   #53
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Turning the argument around a little, considering that 'everyone' is going solo shouldn't the winner of 9.5 be considered MORE worthy for having won a round alone?
Not really - I don't see why that equates to 'worthiness' - I think you are semi-trolling though .

This thread has proved Scouse's original point though; imagine this debate at the end of r9.5 with the 'winners' having a vested interest in making sure that r9.5 is seen as a proper round and the losers insisting that it wasn't. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was just a ruse to get a bunch of people to make these statements now so that they can be quoted on them at the end of r9.5
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 23:45   #54
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Rob, with so many "exelent" quotes from Germania on this forum about r8, who needs more?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:25   #55
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
The "winners" of r9.5 will be as unofficial as the "winners" of round 8.
Yeah, I heard you guys are going to really try and scrape some respect by winning round 9.5.

LaNi said it best.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Turning the argument around a little, considering that 'everyone' is going solo shouldn't the winner of 9.5 be considered MORE worthy for having won a round alone?
That assuming everyone doesn't ally to some degree. This isn't a real round really, considering the way it's starting etc. Plus we don't know how long it's going to be.

If it's 1500+ ticks then I'd agree, but I assume it won't be.

As rob said, imagine this at the end of the round. But it would seem those already aiming to win want to try and make it into more than it is.

And let's not bring round 8 into yet another thread please.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:50   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
'We beat you fair and square even though you were only playing for a laugh', gayle.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 02:40   #57
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah, I heard you guys are going to really try and scrape some respect by winning round 9.5

My alliance just won a round, why on Earth would we need to "scrape up" respect?

Quote:
LaNi said it best.

No offence, but LaNi doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 02:55   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
My alliance just won a round, why on Earth would we need to "scrape up" respect?
Mostly it'll be people who can't accept their alliance didn't win, having played 'seriously' or nay, who will complain; much like this round where people have been moaning about stagnation since the end of protection.

If you thought r8 was bad, this will put that in a whole new perspective.
Unread 23 May 2003, 03:40   #59
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
Not really - I don't see why that equates to 'worthiness' - I think you are semi-trolling though .

This thread has proved Scouse's original point though; imagine this debate at the end of r9.5 with the 'winners' having a vested interest in making sure that r9.5 is seen as a proper round and the losers insisting that it wasn't. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was just a ruse to get a bunch of people to make these statements now so that they can be quoted on them at the end of r9.5
I think she does have a point actually. In that if all alliances go solo the potential pool from which a winner can be drawn is much larger, and thus individual talent will be more of a factor. The blocking of last round effectively gave loyal vvomm and nar people absolutely no chance of being number one planet, let alone top50.
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 03:43   #60
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by aza1
I think she does have a point actually. In that if all alliances go solo the potential pool from which a winner can be drawn is much larger, and thus individual talent will be more of a factor. The blocking of last round effectively gave loyal vvomm and nar people absolutely no chance of being number one planet, let alone top50.
'We won the round, we're great!'
'No you're not we weren't trying!'
'Yes you were!'
'No we weren't, and URE GAY!'
ad infinitum.
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:08   #61
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
I disagree with this simply because it represents a 'slippery slope' of opinion. Once you accept that some victories are more 'worthy' than others, or that some people 'deserved' to win more than others, then you are faced with an endless list of opposing arguments about which victories were worth most. I don't think that r9.5 is worth less than r9 or any other round because of the length of the round or the lack of a price to play. Nor do I think that r9 was less than any other round because of how it was played. Each round is what you make of it - the people not playing r9.5 will of course not regard it as important compared to r9, but people playing r9 actively (and in particular new players playing for the first time) will regard it as just as important as any other round.

Furthermore, r9.5 might be only a stopgap round, but it also has the potential (with random galaxies and 100% free accounts) to be hugely fun. There hasn't been a free random round since round 3, (round 2 if you want to be pedantic and say that r3 galaxies were not fully random). This could well be the best Planetarion round since then - I think that the winners of the round should be perfectly entitled to be happy with their victory.

I'm a bit disappointed in those who are trying to pre-emptively discredit the result (presumably because they expect 'unworthy' alliances to win whilst their 1337 clique take a round off). Frankly, this kind of attitude towards PA is incredibly destructive - trying to discredit the hard work of others in such a way is insulting, in my opinion.

Just let people play the damn game, and if they win then let them be happy about it, for they will surely deserve it.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:15   #62
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Frankly, this kind of attitude towards PA is incredibly destructive - trying to discredit the hard work of others in such a way is insulting, in my opinion.
Just like complaining that a round is horribly stagnated when it isn't.

Betting that we'll have The Usual Suspects along for this one?
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:28   #63
aza1

ok i see your point Rob, but in in my opinion wins are in certain rounds are more the product of good alliances than individual players within that alliance.

I am taking nothing away from the high calibre of eclipse/tot players, but i think the politics of the round and the ability of eclipse to influence people which is prob unparalled alliance wise makes most ppl believe these were of greater importance than standout individual performances.

Titans/ldk win in rd8 would have been more attributed to thier players than there political skills imho.

Once again this is not a flame, just my opinion on the win. All wins are a win and should be classed equally; though the means to an end in every round is different.
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:29   #64
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
the ability of eclipse to influence people which is prob unparalled alliance wise
I still don't see where people are getting this idea that Eclipse engineered the entire round for their own benefit; if we did, then we'd be frankly UNSTOPPABLE.
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:43   #65
aza1

maybe i am the victim of propaganda!
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:46   #66
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I still don't see where people are getting this idea that Eclipse engineered the entire round for their own benefit; if we did, then we'd be frankly UNSTOPPABLE.

They didn't have to, their enemies did it wonderfully for them

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 May 2003, 04:49   #67
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
maybe i am the victim of propaganda!
Just maybe, you know?
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:14   #68
LaNiCoR
Chief Hashier

LaNiCoR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No offence, but LaNi doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
I could try and argue this point, pointless though it would be, maybe I could try and convince you all of my above average intelligence, my fantastic wit or even my magnetic personallity, or then again I could just follow the advice of a great mind and tell you to

"eat my ass"

I'll even provide the spoon.

LaNiCoR

[F.E.A.R]
LaNiCoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:27   #69
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Clearly if there ever was a round to forget quickly it was round 9. If 9.5 has any kind of decent gameplay it will outshine round 9 by miles anyways cause that round had none whatsoever.

But frankly I do not expect much of r9.5 really. It is a really easy round to cheat in and I'm sure many will try again and I'm sure we'll see some dubieus pacts from people desparate to win even though they claim to be doing things solo. Unless a whole huge new group of people comes in for this round I do not see reason why it would be much better cause it is the people that make the round and in r9.5 it will be mostly the same bunch of lamers, cheaters, whingers, bashers, backstabbers as it was in r9.

hAl
Unread 23 May 2003, 09:21   #70
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
heh

I will put it in my signature if i win

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:33   #71
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
What he's suggesting is that alliances shouldn't play to win - at least not to win 'at all costs' as they have in the past, involving making blocks and using politics to win the round. So, he disapproves of you (WP) wanting to 'win' r9.5, because he thinks that the 'win at all costs' attitude will probably appear again.

My personal opinion is this: it's a game. If you enjoy it, then you've 'won'. If you don't enjoy it, go do something else.

I hope that the idea of alliances playing solo does work, though I do anticipate certain alliances being more heavily targetted than others . I actually look forward to having a tougher test than r9, and to those who want 'revenge' I can only say "bring it on"
Its almost like me and Rob are the same person !!!

(These boards need some new rumours to pray on )

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:36   #72
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
good point rob however i can see a situation where some alliances use rd 9.5 to get revenge on certain alliances thus joining together to achieve that goal and bringing back the whole blocking scenario
yes it is lame but i can still see it happening

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:57   #73
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
ok i see your point Rob, but in in my opinion wins are in certain rounds are more the product of good alliances than individual players within that alliance.

I am taking nothing away from the high calibre of eclipse/tot players, but i think the politics of the round and the ability of eclipse to influence people which is prob unparalled alliance wise makes most ppl believe these were of greater importance than standout individual performances.

Titans/ldk win in rd8 would have been more attributed to thier players than there political skills imho.

Once again this is not a flame, just my opinion on the win. All wins are a win and should be classed equally; though the means to an end in every round is different.
I hate to say it, but I think you're wrong

Titans/LDK played a good political round in r8. Their position, whether intended or not, was a strong one, with most of the attention being focussed on Fury (and their partners) and Adelante (and their partners). The early phase of the round saw those two blocks in opposition, with Titans/LDK relatively neutral to each - there was certainly no unified opposition to Titans/LDK until it was plainly obvious that they had victory within their grasp. This was at least partly intentional, as they had negotiations with WP/Ely (at least on an informal level) which had encouraged them to assist Titans/LDK for a time.

Against this background, there were some excellent individual performances, but it's wrong to say that it was nothing to do with politics.

Likewise in r9, politics again played a key role. But there were still individuals who performed extremely well, and worked very hard to win. Particularly in the last war, Eclipse/ToT were facing an enemy with superior numbers and we had to perform well in order to win.

I just don't buy the theory that r8 and r9 were really so different in terms of how they were played. Random galaxies were the only substantial difference, and if r8 had been private then I fully expect that it would have been very similar to r9. And I don't think that winning in r8 is a sign of any greater dedication, skill or achievement than winning in r9 - or any other round.

Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo

good point rob however i can see a situation where some alliances use rd 9.5 to get revenge on certain alliances thus joining together to achieve that goal and bringing back the whole blocking scenario
yes it is lame but i can still see it happening
Most of the major alliances have said that they intend to go solo; the outcome of the round depends on whether or not they mean it. If they do, that's great, if they don't... I wouldn't be surprised.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:05   #74
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The "winners" of r9.5 will be as unofficial as the "winners" of round 8.
...for alliances like Madcows and FanG

The ones that are doing well dont agree with Scouse and the ones that are doing not so well are agreeing. Smart peeps keep their mouths shut atm. So they can scream we won if they win or whine that it wasnt a real round if they wont win.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:08   #75
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally posted by skipper
...for alliances like Madcows and FanG

The ones that are doing well dont agree with Scouse and the ones that are doing not so well are agreeing. Smart peeps keep their mouths shut atm. So they can scream we won if they win or whine that it wasnt a real round if they wont win.
Where 'smart' equals 'incredibly pathetic', yes.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:16   #76
skipper
outsider

Quote:
yup, but as we've seen some people have already gave their thoughts about r9.5 so if Eclipse or ToT wins. In ie Madcows camp they are considered as the alliance that won two rounds in a row
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:31   #77
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yup, but as we've seen some people have already gave their thoughts about r9.5 so if Eclipse or ToT wins. In ie Madcows camp they are considered as the alliance that won two rounds in a row
whom are you to speak on behalf of them ?

I'm jsut genuinely curious as I dont know you
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:32   #78
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
so because I dont waste a lot of time here thus keeping my mouth shut yea I do love your logic there ..
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:40   #79
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
Skipper whoever you are, could you tell us. Because you aint a member of madcows and as such you really shouldnt speak on behalf of madcows either.
Pretty sure Fang feels it the same way, unless your a member there ofc.
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:42   #80
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
I don't see why you mention specific alliances there - I'm sure whichever alliance wins will take r9.5 seriously (if they didn't take it seriously then they wouldn't win).

Seriously though, who the hell cares? It's a game. Let the people who play the game decide what it means to them. Eclipse will play, and we will play to have fun and win if we can. Personally I regard r9.5 as something similar to a pre-season friendly football match - it's nice to win, but not a disaster if we lose.

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
so because I dont waste a lot of time here thus keeping my mouth shut yea I do love your logic there ..
Read his post. He said that 'smart' people were not saying anything now, so they could claim that r9.5 matters only if they win at the end, or that it doesn't matter if they lose. I described this as 'pathetic' - where's the flaw in my 'logic'?
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:49   #81
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Read his post. He said that 'smart' people were not saying anything now, so they could claim that r9.5 matters only if they win at the end, or that it doesn't matter if they lose. I described this as 'pathetic' - where's the flaw in my 'logic'? [/b][/quote]

I'm not saying anything about r9.5 now because i dont really care about it as I've better things to do so dose that make me 'pathetic' <- my point on the flaw
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:51   #82
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
I'm not saying anything about r9.5 now because i dont really care about it as I've better things to do so dose that make me 'pathetic' <- my point on the flaw
Only if you decide that r9.5 is really important after you (or your alliance) has won.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:59   #83
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Only if you decide that r9.5 is really important after you (or your alliance) has won.
That would be difficult for me to know who wins 9.5 considering I'll know in r10
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:03   #84
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
you're such a fag scouse :/

word.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:26   #85
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it all boils down to this:

Quote:

Just let people play the damn game
Unread 23 May 2003, 15:42   #86
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Victory is victory who cares if the round is unofficial or not. People will still remember who did well and did not.
Unread 23 May 2003, 16:08   #87
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Come again?

"We won because we had fun"?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 23 May 2003, 17:21   #88
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Come again?

"We won because we had fun"?

'Retirement' has slowed you considerably, but I'll let you try and figure it out.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:34   #89
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
'Retirement' has slowed you considerably, but I'll let you try and figure it out.
Not at all, I just care less.

But if this involves you leaving your beloved MadCows I'll be amused to no end.

Unread 23 May 2003, 17:48   #90
Cochese
Retired

Have fun then Scouse.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:53   #91
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
yus cochese done teh dirty and defected to Eclipse
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 18:01   #92
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Preach is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats Cochese on winning a round by changing alliance to one that couldnt possibly have more different ideals from your previous alliance. I hope you don't feel like you sold out any of your old friends in Madcows.
R4.0 : 30:18:02 : Genesis of Word Of God : FA
R5.0 : 37:03:12 : Le Metatron of Corporeal Plane : FA BC
R6.0 : 10:12:04 : L' Eliminatore of Celeste Eccessivo Il Mondo : Titans Officer
R7.0 : 27:13:01 : Always Outnumbered of Never Outgunned : Titans Officer
R8.0 : 29:05:07 : Miyamoto Musashi of Niten Ichi-Ryu : Titans HC
R9.0 : 31:03:09 : Preach of I Like To Score : Titans Retirement Galaxy
R9.5 : 11:04:10 : Napoleon Solo of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. : LDK
Preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 18:02   #93
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

I suppose I could have a go at you for your failure, your lack of loyalty or the fact that you're running from your mistakes.

But I won't.

Unread 23 May 2003, 18:30   #94
Cochese
Retired

Luckily for you Scouse, our failure lies in the hands of other people, my loyalty is unquestionable within reason and sense, and the few mistakes I made this round I didn't run from.

I'll post a thread properly to adress these issues and others, and leave this thread to it's original point (if it has one anymore).

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 May 2003, 18:54   #95
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
our failure lies in the hands of other people
Your success or failure always lies in the hands of other people in team games, and especially in PA.

Unread 23 May 2003, 19:15   #96
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
About Cochese I can only say that I can't understand why some1 would leave his aliance, being HC, to another without telling his m8s about it and keep idling in their chans....too low...

About the topic I don't see no reason not to declare a winner for round 9.5 as well...I don't care tbh, but most of us don't play "just for fun" so why not look at it like another round? . It will be a shorter round indeed, but the begin will be faster as well and I'm sure a lot of good battles will happen during R9.5... Personally I'll try to do my best as ussually, why wouldn't u do the same?!

But I don't care!!
I'll just play my game.

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 19:42   #97
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
About Cochese I can only say that I can't understand why some1 would leave his aliance, being HC, to another without telling his m8s about it and keep idling in their chans....too low...

I told them when I quit, and they removed my forum/irc access within 24 hours (this was about a month ago). My access in the general channel on CowNet was removed when all members were purged, which was before I joined Eclipse. Essentially, they kicked all members and you had to come back and re-join. I didn't come back and re-join, so do the maths.

I never idled in any channels (since I don't have access) and even if I did, what little I know about Cows I take with me to the grave.

You're really in no position to talk about any of this Baco, you were just as incompetant as the rest of us.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 May 2003, 14:10   #98
skipper
outsider

Quote:
whom are you to speak on behalf of them ?

I'm jsut genuinely curious as I dont know you
As Chocese said r9.5 is as important as r8 I _considered_ your playing this as real round, the FanG part slipped because some1 from FanG agreed to Chocese so I apologise from that to FanG, but the whole comment was meant as a joke, which is why I typed the stupid smile for people like you to get it.

[Edit] I thought Chocese is still MadCows so nm my earlier posts heh [/Edit]

Last edited by skipper; 24 May 2003 at 14:16.
Unread 24 May 2003, 14:57   #99
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
funny that someone who's supposed to be retired talks about this...:S besides.. if you win this round it'll count as much as any other... as all alliances will play seriously like other alliances etc...so pointless to say it doesn't count.. and quite pathetic aswell.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 15:11   #100
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
funny that someone who's supposed to be retired talks about this...:S besides.. if you win this round it'll count as much as any other... as all alliances will play seriously like other alliances etc...so pointless to say it doesn't count.. and quite pathetic aswell.
I take it you'll be farming and escorting yourself into the top 10 again then?

My point was that if round 9.5 is 900 ticks long, and given the start, and the approach taken by alliances, it wouldn't count as a real win.

I'll just look forward to this debate at the end of round 9.5, when it actually will matter to a lot of people.