User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:37   #1
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

tyriel is an unknown quantity at this point
a question

can Vomm honestly say that given the opportunity to reverse the scenario at the start of round ( Vomm + NaR v. WEET ) they wouldn't have taken it ?

can the HC say that following the shuffle and gaining a clear picture of the universe map - they didn't attempt to work on a different political solution ?

could ppl from all three sides give an indication of how big they expected the blocks to be (before round started?)

more than just A question
tyriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:41   #2
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
vom said from the start they wouldn't ally with aother block....
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:45   #3
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
thats the problem when u have 3
its always 2 against 1 and vom was stupid to stay alone

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:55   #4
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
vom said from the start they wouldn't ally with aother block....
thats not quite what i asked. they said that at the time, and it seems they carried it out.

the question is.. given the opportunity would they REPEAT the current scenario? would they pursue the option if it wasnt present, would they attempt to make a 3rd option if it could be devised.

i can't see why anyone would want to make such a tactically unsound decision. the couple of vomm gals' that've got some friends in shall we say were attempting to fence sit. they had some NaR too (obviously as a gal less concerned by the pure policy)
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:00   #5
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: a question

Quote:
Originally posted by tyriel
can Vomm honestly say that given the opportunity to reverse the scenario at the start of round ( Vomm + NaR v. WEET ) they wouldn't have taken it ?

can the HC say that following the shuffle and gaining a clear picture of the universe map - they didn't attempt to work on a different political solution ?

could ppl from all three sides give an indication of how big they expected the blocks to be (before round started?)

more than just A question
Yes, I can say it honestly we would not do it.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:09   #6
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by tyriel
thats not quite what i asked. they said that at the time, and it seems they carried it out.

the question is.. given the opportunity would they REPEAT the current scenario? would they pursue the option if it wasnt present, would they attempt to make a 3rd option if it could be devised.
Closed galaxies is in my opinion the worst mistake we made.
I already commented that we should have opened our gals to all other alliances.
Maybe try to get some HCs and/or BCs of the most important neutral alliances and such, thus keeping our chances to win.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:10   #7
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
OH THE IRONY

(note: About 3 rounds ago, these very same VOM members were posting the exact opposite of their arguments now. Hilarious.)
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:31   #8
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

Re: Re: a question

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Yes, I can say it honestly we would not do it.
the scenario at the start of the round, would therefore suggest you loose. not necessarily so quickly, but certainly eventually.

so - since this is an online war game and elements such honour and fair play have no place. (my defintion of 'fair play' is that defined by the game rules, not some twisted concept players have)
Why do you expect everyone else to make such tactically bad desicions, or allow such a circumstance to arise - but with them as the disadvantaged party ?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:40   #9
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Barrow|Pony
OH THE IRONY

(note: About 3 rounds ago, these very same VOM members were posting the exact opposite of their arguments now. Hilarious.)
OH the irony, about 3 rounds Ago there was no madcows alliance yet we had 2 or 3 of the top ten gals with madcows in them and only 1-2 of thoose people in said galaxies pasted on AD more then 5 times ever, and still do not, Barrow, I would suggest getting your facts stright before you attempt to post them.

And frankly Round 5 sucked ass Round 6 was good, round 7 sucked ass Round 8 was good We're on round 9

now for another brief overview

Round 5 domonated by Fury/legion
Round 6 Dominated by no one
Round 7 Dominated by FLVT
Round 8 Dominated by no one (yes tits &co were leading)
Round 9 outcome to be determined

now look at who orchrastated the blocks in said rounds and use that thing on your shoulders just a bit,.

[edit], I forgot to mention Ministry/vision were in the Xeta block 3 rounds ago. So your blanket statement is slightly flawed
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:55   #10
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad

Round 5 domonated by Fury/legion
Round 6 Dominated by no one
Round 7 Dominated by FLVT
Round 8 Dominated by no one (yes tits &co were leading)
Round 9 outcome to be determined

ok.. lets think about this.

r5 .. WTF and Ve had the strongest blocks, then there was NoCeX - and following some political knives fury and legion dominted.

r6 .. the universe seemed to unify against fury and legion.
legion and fury remained active and didnt quit.. domination was passed in a 3 way race, politcally played out to give NoS and WP the final edge.

r7 .. we had FLTV outstrip the competition in a two horse race.

r8 .. we didnt get far enough to answer questions. From my perspective the "team" that were titans/virus/ldk were doing the best and oppostition from fang/fury+others was becoming more organised... in short fury didnt quit.

r9 .. Weet and Nar do some politics moves in response to Vomm.. Vomm quit. round now sucks.

looking back i'd say the fun rounds were the rounds ppl didnt quit - got to hand it to NoCeX for r5 and FLTV for r6 they kept going against adversity.

now since r4 have we had any round without blocks
what does that say about domination?

(nb: in most cases where i've said fury or legion above, it uses them to represent the sometimes smaller or less publically infamous alliances that helped them get there: virus, tot, wolfpack, elysium covers the ommissions in my mind)

wrong - its a democracy - and the majority disagree with you.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:56   #11
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Read it sirad. I didnt say that VOM was around then. I'm saying that some of the members who are currently in VOM were making arguments regarding stagnation that are exactly opposite of what I see now.

When Virus was in bed with Furgion, for example, they didnt seem to care the slightest bit about the struggles of the helpless, overbashed members like me But now that the tables are turned, NARWEET is supposed to bend over backwards to suit Virus Members' cravings for roids?

We'll do what we see fit, when we see fit. Thats all anyone can expect.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:10   #12
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

to save quoteing you both,

Round 9 tyriel, YOU have stated Vom Quit, not I, understand there is a diffrence in who makes that statement, there have been elements in every block who quit or switch sides if they are not winning this is nothing new, while there is indeed a small fraction of Vom who have "quit" the vast majority have not, They will still be here even if the round was only NARWEET+FZ vs VVOMM, because they have undyeing loyality and commitment to there alliance and would remain there with there friends if they only were able to achieve 50 roids in the whole round, such is the vast majority of the makeup of madcows, as I only speak on behalf of them being There.

Barrow:
Please feel free to show me the nicks of people in madcows who were in cows round 6 who are "posting the exact opposite of their arguments now" and then maybee your blanket statement will hold some creedance. as you said VOM you also cover Madcows.

[Edit] (sorry i keep forgetting this stuff i have a meeting to get ready for also) Virus was invloved in Sor5 or something it was called in round 5 I believe vs Legion, but my memory is slighty sketchy in that area. I would need to seek out Privateer or Biggie to know for sure.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:25   #13
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Then excuse me. Allow to me rephrase.

The policy of VOM is nearly the opposite of the policies that were used by the alliances which a good number of VOM members used to be.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:28   #14
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

Wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

The policy of VOM is nearly the opposite of the policies that were used by the alliances which a good number of VOM members used to be.
what's this? they learned from mistakes?

shocker!

shame you picked up their bad habits though, or had you not thought of it that way around (I'm assuming you have). does this second point also qualify as being hilariously ironic too? or just hypocritical it's so easy to confuse those words don't you think?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:29   #15
Fleet_Multiplex
Hell

Fleet_Multiplex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[Edit] (sorry i keep forgetting this stuff i have a meeting to get ready for also) Virus was invloved in Sor5 or something it was called in round 5 I believe vs Legion, but my memory is slighty sketchy in that area. I would need to seek out Privateer or Biggie to know for sure.
correct.
http://www.seraphimhq.net/Uploads/VipsLogo1.jpg
ViruS Round 3-9, Executive Round 5-9

I shall not go quitely into the night without a fight, for I am an angel of war, bringer of a thousand deaths. Chain me. Beat me. Seduce me. It will gain you nothing but a smile of death. Dare to mock me, and you will burn in my blood.
Fleet_Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:34   #16
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:

There at this moment no Official policy of Vom, except to hit narweetfz planets and to further look into the makeup of alliances (sorry i'll stop soon its almost time to go )
Oly consists of old Titans and some LDK

Virus was in the flvt block round 6/7

ministry/vision was in the xeta block

Madcows was spread out between all blocks

so approximatly 1/2 to 2/3 of Oly were Titans (guesstimation)
and 1/2 -2/3 of Virus were in virus round 6/7 (guesstimation)
3/5 of the Alliances were not in what you claim
and only 1/2 -2/3 of the other too were,
Thus the blanket statement on VOM, in my eyes is still incorrect.

Sorry for being a nit picker, but its my nature in politics
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:42   #17
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

Wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
the oly figues also emcompass LDk, when was the last time you saw them fighting on the winning/ bashing/ stagnating side?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:44   #18
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

Quote:
to save quoteing you both,

Round 9 tyriel, YOU have stated Vom Quit, not I, understand there is a diffrence in who makes that statement, there have been elements in every block who quit or switch
lets get over this round. look past now. my points have been nothing to do with this round. or even VoMM - i was more focussing on the nature ppl

(i should'nt have thrown the VoMM quit bit in. it gives too great an opportunity to flame.)

however for that particular post it was in response to your round breakdown. i read that and got the impression you implied the rounds were bad because fury/legion dominated.

what i was trying to illluminate was the fact that the rounds that ppl say they enjoyed, generally had mass blocking or organisation against the fury/legion grouping ... but fury or legion fought through adversity.

in other words - the rounds ppl say they enjoyed and didnt get dominated were also due to fury/legion. but this time instead of their winning being the deciding factor - it was their tenacity.

what i wanted from my original post is a repsonse which basically helps my understand why ppl would do anything different. tactics, politics and methods of execution remain the same for all sides and all players - imho its a question of style, impact, organisation and communication that distringuishes them.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:56   #19
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
dont even try and argue with sat its impossible
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 20:32   #20
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
OH THE IRONY

In round 6, ND and hirr supported the non stagnating game when they worked together with Deus in 'FoS'

The irony

Last edited by Jackal2112; 28 Mar 2003 at 20:38.
Jackal2112 is offline   Reply With Quote