User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:54   #151
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're talking about the first big hit on p5 during like day 2 or something, then yes, only one block did it.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:56   #152
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Genrally incomings are about 3 to 4 times the gals size. With that you can cover only 3 planets really effectivly. 4 or sometimes 5 if you defend the smaller planets in the gal.
My gal have done a pretty decent job of preventing roid loss on about 4 - 7 targets everytime we've been attacked, with only in gal defence. We could probably cover 6 or 7 everytime but we've been concentrating on 2 or 3 and completey wiping fleets out.

If bash fleets are sent then it's much harder, naturally.

Quote:
Originally posted by cypher
i'll just start to say i'm ashamed i've done this and i've told my alliance i would quit them if they asked me. as i seriously hated this.
That's no excuse. You didn't need to go into vacation. Only you can do that, noone else. It's your decision, not their's.

Quote:
we were to be waved down untill we had no fleet and no roids
If you believe that, you're an idiot. If you think vacation is the only way to get past it, you're an idiot.

You seen pretty sure yesterday cypher that you wouldn't go into vacation. My little stunt on your two gal mates was to make sure something like this wouldn't happen. Now you all look like fools.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:06   #153
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
i told my gal (when my own hc joined the galroom) i wouldn't do it and i got a call at 3 o'clock at night or something that we were to be waved down untill we had no fleet and no roids. after being called lots of names and all i couldn't care anymore and i just pressed the buton.
If your gal decides to go into vac mode there is hardly anything you can do but follow.
Out of my gal 8 ppl promoted the vac mode, 1 had no opinion and I was against it. A couple of hours later I received an SMS saying 'go into vac mode now'. I was at a pub at that time so I really couldn't be bothered.
Coming home a couple of hours later I saw that 7 ppl were in vac mode. One had his fleet out deffing so he couldn't select vac mode and the other one was probably too lazy
I decided to keep on playing. The next morning two planets of the #2 gal launched a 2 wave attack on us remaining few. I could cover my incs and after the scout arrived my attacker recalled. At that point I was the only one not in vac mode in my gal.
In the following 10 hours I received scans from virtually every teenwar gal out there; being more or less alone for 30 hours now I decided to press the button.

Now you can call me chicken, spineless or whatever - I simply can not watch my planet 24 ticks a day on my own. My rl schedule is too tight.

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:09   #154
Howling

Howling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Congratulations. You saw yourselves outnumbered and panic'd. Ran around trying villianize those attacking you. Even though it was only a few attacks into the round and even outnumbered, you could have potentially really done some damage and changed things, you started whining about how the cowards were making a superblock and stagnating. Meanwhile youve given up on fighting.

Look we are so hopelessly outnumbered it isnt funny .

I Have had more incs this round than the last 3 in total getting 2 and 3 waves all fighting for a piece of my 70 roids is a bit of a laugh. I have given up building ships. pretty soon we will be out of hitting range and just stockpiling resources .

You say we gave up .. thats crap. We can't cover nearly every planet getting waves of incs every day. Sure we can cap some roids but they go within 24 hrs. we had a guy in gal with 40 roids with 3 attackers on him yesterday.. now thats pretty lame.

PS we havnt given up
Howling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:10   #155
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
If your gal decides to go into vac mode there is hardly anything you can do but follow.
Wrong. It's been done, whereby one person has been the only one not in vacation.

Personally I'd rather lose all my ships and all my roids, or even get my planet blown up due to such massive incomings, than follow my galaxy mates into vacation.

But then again I'd not gal with that type of people in the first place.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:10   #156
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
You owe me $10 for ruining my round.
Blame yourself. Now go somewhere else and cry.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:14   #157
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
scouse as i've said in the same point i didn't say it as an excuse so don't make it out like i use it as one... we both know you've dislked me alot for a long time so no need to flame me extra for that

and as i've told you yesterday that lil 'useless' stunt didn't matter at all for the vac mode as you can still do that when you got incoming.

as for being sure i was. but as laputa stated aswell 9 galmembers basically decided they would do it... or atleast some decided they wanted it and the rest would go along... what can i do then? have myself bashed ? as i can't check it every tick like you always done.

and i already said i expected to be roided down to nothingness after i come out... so saying i did it for roid preservation is kinda useless too be4 i get those comments...

You owe me $10 for ruining my round.

you owe 90% of pa $10 for ruining everyone else's round.
if you give that to people i'll gladly donate you that $10 back.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:17   #158
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
but as laputa stated aswell 9 galmembers basically decided they would do it... or atleast some decided they wanted it and the rest would go along... what can i do then? have myself bashed ? as i can't check it every tick like you always done.
Exactly. Getting bashed is better than this.

Regretting it yet?

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:18   #159
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
In para 3 we had 3 gals and NAHRWEET had a total of 28 gals.
Expect Zhil, Hicks or Germania to tell you those 3 gals could have out-played those 28 gals.

This thread is really funny.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:21   #160
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
i think im not gonna go into vac, simply to see what pathetic amounts of incoming i'll get attempting to steal my leet 148 roids (590k score)

Every wave after wave 5 (the record so far) gets free tea and cookies

come get me.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:21   #161
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Exactly. Getting bashed is better than this.

Regretting it yet?
i regretted it be4 i did it. as you can ask desse or divine who i let in my galroom yesterday.

and i aint gonna make excuses further... i did it... it was lame... i should have never done it.. not much to say further
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:21   #162
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Howling
You say we gave up .. thats crap.

PS we havnt given up
But....

You gave up.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:22   #163
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Wrong.
Jesus. hardly anything != nothing
What I wrote was not 'wrong'.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:38   #164
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
/me wishes to see Scouse in the same situation
its allways easy to talk BS as long u are not afacted
if u say lets get 80 % of uni of our side
hack the enemies
and bash them for 2 months without a break
than congrats u made it but i wouldnt agree to it as a member
i have many friends also on the weet/nar side and almost all skilled ppl on both sides dislike the situation and the mayority of them will quit latest after this round
Congrats after so many pa rounds u made the game sux

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:47   #165
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Jesus. hardly anything != nothing
What I wrote was not 'wrong'.
Yes it was. Because you said when the rest of your gal go into vacation mode that you've not got any choice in the matter. Which is wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
/me wishes to see Scouse in the same situation
its allways easy to talk BS as long u are not afacted
if u say lets get 80 % of uni of our side
hack the enemies
and bash them for 2 months without a break
than congrats u made it but i wouldnt agree to it as a member
i have many friends also on the weet/nar side and almost all skilled ppl on both sides dislike the situation and the mayority of them will quit latest after this round
Congrats after so many pa rounds u made the game sux
Are you suggesting that I'm on the NARWEET side? Gee. There's a new one. I'm not on any side. I'm unallied.

I have been in the same situation before and am in the same situation now, due to me being unallied. I didn't go into vacation then and I'm not going to now. Nor would I ever.

My galaxy was probably the most bashed gal in the entire universe in round 6. I didn't bitch on the boards about how unfair it was and I certainly didn't even consider vacation mode.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:50   #166
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
PS: It is always funny but at the same time sad to see how zhil and hicks - silent during rds 6&8 - turn into the same ******** they were on the boards in rd5 as soon as their alliance seems to have the upper hand.
Interesting that isnt it, but for me its quite simple. I was inactive in r6, and did not play r8 with any serious intentions. I became a scan planet for Fury and eventually at the very end began processing sensitive data for Fury in an admin role. I've posted on the boards whenever I have wanted to. I don't recall myself being quiet in r4 which is probably the round where Fury got the most bashed.

All in all, your accusations are rubbish that I only post when I have the upper hand alliance wise. I posted throughout r7 also, before there was any upperhand seen.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:51   #167
ryba

Quote:
Not really Rookie, your vacation antics will do nothing other than force us to beat the hell out of your smaller troops some more. All you've tried to do is save your own pathetic scores so you might be able to get a decent rank if there is ever a WEET vs NAR war. Way to HC.
You are missing the point completely. We are beaten, crushed, and defeated and we admit it. We have no roids and we could care less if we kepted them or lost them. Last round I was on the winning side of the powerblocks and I still quit the game halfway because it got too boring. This round I'm on the losing side but it is still boring.

The only difference is that last round I did not go into vacation so that the enemies could at least get some roids in order to help the remaining players find some enjoyment.

You can call me whatever names you want for quitting this round but what kind of names do you have for what I did last round. This is a game afterall. I play to win sure but I NEVER compromise ANY rules to do it and everyone who knows me knows exactly what that means. I play most importantly to have fun and this game stopped being that. Same as I did last round when I was winning, I am doing the same this round as I am losing. It comes down to the fact of is it fun and the simple answer is no. Nobody is having fun, not the alliance HCs, not the alliance members, not the noobs, not even the farms, scanners, or bots are having fun i bet you.

If you want I'll pull myself out of vacation and you can all beat the crap out of me but I can promise you that nothing in this game will change as a result of it. The game is stagnant and just like in r4, r5, r7, and r8 it is boring. The only reason I even came back to play r9 is because I was told that powerblocks were taken down and then after I'd already been sucked in I found out that they were slowly rebuilding. I will not make the same mistake for r10. I'm gone for good or at least until somebody can convince me that the game is actually fun again.

Be well my friend and may you find enjoyment where I have failed.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:00   #168
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
[B

Are you suggesting that I'm on the NARWEET side? Gee. There's a new one. I'm not on any side. I'm unallied.

I have been in the same situation before and am in the same situation now, due to me being unallied. I didn't go into vacation then and I'm not going to now. Nor would I ever.

My galaxy was probably the most bashed gal in the entire universe in round 6. I didn't bitch on the boards about how unfair it was and I certainly didn't even consider vacation mode. [/b]
well a nice personal nap makes wonders :eek:

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:21   #169
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
who needs enemies when we have l33t posters like Rookie to bring Vvomm down
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:26   #170
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by ryba
Last round I was on the winning side of the powerblocks and I still quit the game halfway because it got too boring. This round I'm on the losing side but it is still boring.
Did you mean last round or round 7? Last round wasn't boring at all, at any point.

Quote:
The game is stagnant and just like in r4, r5, r7, and r8 it is boring. The only reason I even came back to play r9 is because I was told that powerblocks were taken down and then after I'd already been sucked in I found out that they were slowly rebuilding.
I can't help but think you're making all of this up to try and defend yourself. Round 8 wasn't boring, and to sign up this round without knowledge of there being powerblocking means you are either terribly ignorant or a bit dim. This round had powerblocks plasted all over it a month before sign-ups even began.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:37   #171
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:

Laputa
em if u check out the preferance page u will find a button for self exile u could have tried that

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:07   #172
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Yes it was. Because you said when the rest of your gal go into vacation mode that you've not got any choice in the matter.
Usually I am not that fussy about things but once again:

'there is hardly anything you can do' is not 'you've not got any choice'

Living in GB you should know that. ta

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:13   #173
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

All in all, your accusations are rubbish that I only post when I have the upper hand alliance wise. I posted throughout r7 also, before there was any upperhand seen.
That's not what I meant. What I was saying, or trying to say ,
is that during rd 6 & 8 and in the breaks your posts were 'normal', sensible, sometimes even funny. Now you have seemed to return to ur rd5ish style.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:27   #174
ryba

Quote:
Originally posted by One_Darling
As i recall it it rd 5 farming was made illegal.
Actually hun it wasn't made illegal until round 7 but all the alliances *pretended* to be against its use while they secretly did it themselves up until round 7.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:31   #175
ryba

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Hardly any one factor that has contributed to the downfall of Planetarion. I think you are overexagerrating the loss here for VoM as the end of Planetarion.
The fall of VoM is not the problem here as much as all the trolls appear to make it out to be. The problems here are 2 fold.
1) powerblocks. plain and simple.
1) there is no balance in the game. Utopia, now that is a game that has balance and PA should utilize some of that balance.

Yes I intentionally numbered them both as 1 as they both are a major factor for why everyone is always upset round after round.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:00   #176
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by ryba
1) powerblocks. plain and simple.
They aren't gonna disappear thou, which is a shame. Alliances want to win, and will do anything they can to gain some advantage.

I can see why the creators want to try and do something about it, but its a pitty there isn't a lot that can be done.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:02   #177
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
They aren't gonna disappear thou, which is a shame. Alliances want to win, and will do anything they can to gain some advantage.

I can see why the creators want to try and do something about it, but its a pitty there isn't a lot that can be done.
a random universe.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:11   #178
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
a random universe.
Last round showed there are still powerblocks in random universe.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:50   #179
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
Nothing like private rounds.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
They aren't gonna disappear thou, which is a shame.
If we all played this game for another 3 years, just swapping alliances occasionally and small shiftings in the political field, without any new blood into the game, then maybe just about everyone will hate enough people in the other alliances, due to past differences, that noone will trust anyone enough to ally.

Then we'd have a game driven by complete and utter hate for one another and anyone on your side would be your trustorthy, dedicated friend. And anyone you're fighting would be your absolute sworn enemy.

Sounds like a decent game to me. Bring it on.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:56   #180
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
Not in the same meaning as rounds with priv gals.

Differences:
1)They dont share gals, ie its easier to change.
We saw this last round.
2)Its alot more difficult to hit your enemy in the same massive way, as your enemy is spread around the universe.
3)The powerblocks is rather more "alliances cooperating loosly".
4)The groups of alliances working together are smaller in total membersize.
5)A NAP can actually be a NAP.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:14   #181
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
You just think they should sit there initiate roids for the other side to harvest eh?

Oh and skill, experience, activity have nothing to do with it.
Its like fighting nukes with sticks'n stones. In 1x1 feet square.

Those who compare this round to with past rounds is thick as a brick too. You have to consider the playerbase. Or the lack of that is. When there is no sight of chance to recover, get a rest, whatever. Then you can just as well pull the plug and find something else to do. Wether its to go into vacation mode, delete or just grow inactive.
You seriously think this is about numbers?

This is about the attitude that is expected of decent players. VoM know that in the long term they've got something to play for. So they should damn well play for it. There have been times in round 2 and 3 where my alliance has had to face incoming that we couldn't handle, yet we did our best to deal with it, and got on with the job.

VoM know they've got something to play for, they just have to be patient - they know that greed will ultimately consume their enemy. Yet they give up. It's poor. I'd never accept it were I still playing as an HC. In Planetarion there will always be the point where you know you can't contain the enemy unless politics change. You can defend, retain some pride, some morale and bide your time.

And ultimately fight back. Even WPO in r5 did their best to do damage to Fury and Legion even though they were blatantly going to get outnumbered and outgunned. And i don't even like WPO.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:29   #182
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken

This is about the attitude that is expected of decent players. VoM know that in the long term they've got something to play for. So they should damn well play for it. There have been times in round 2 and 3 where my alliance has had to face incoming that we couldn't handle, yet we did our best to deal with it, and got on with the job.

VoM know they've got something to play for, they just have to be patient - they know that greed will ultimately consume their enemy. Yet they give up. It's poor. I'd never accept it were I still playing as an HC. In Planetarion there will always be the point where you know you can't contain the enemy unless politics change. You can defend, retain some pride, some morale and bide your time.

And ultimately fight back. Even WPO in r5 did their best to do damage to Fury and Legion even though they were blatantly going to get outnumbered and outgunned. And i don't even like WPO.
Dude, I played this game since round 1, I been through a lot of **** with it. And experienced hard times before I dont mind or care much about being attacked, but this round more than before you dont get a chance to recover at all. Like I see people get roided down to hardly 40 roids to their name, and then when night comes they get doubled with incoming again. Like what is the big deal other than chase people away from the game? I can understand attack people for roids etc, but what is going on now is just tedious farming in grand scale that isnt possible to deal with. Most harcore players will endure, even some go into vacation mode, but there is a group of random/Casual players that wont that will more than likely leave the game, and the question is, is that a lose Planetarion can afford to take knowing the situation with a small playerbase etc. But hey, why care, no one does it seems. The big win is what that counts, then again a victory in a war that feels more like target practice on sitting ducks isnt worth much imho...
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:46   #183
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by lrytas
First of all do you know my planet coords eh ? Secondly, i myself had 14 attackers, gal had around 100. + As i said earlier there were ALL OF P5 TOP VOM GALS UNDER ATTACK also with big incomings. And i doubt that 1 block did it.
If people in P5 coordinated an attack on p5 vom and called in multiple alliances. That is not cooperation between those alliances. The same result could happen with alliances with no ties whos members organize something.

But what you talk about is certainly well within the capability of either nar or weet, so im not sure why you claim it isnt.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:48   #184
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Howling
Look we are so hopelessly outnumbered it isnt funny .

I Have had more incs this round than the last 3 in total getting 2 and 3 waves all fighting for a piece of my 70 roids is a bit of a laugh. I have given up building ships. pretty soon we will be out of hitting range and just stockpiling resources .

You say we gave up .. thats crap. We can't cover nearly every planet getting waves of incs every day. Sure we can cap some roids but they go within 24 hrs. we had a guy in gal with 40 roids with 3 attackers on him yesterday.. now thats pretty lame.

PS we havnt given up
Oh, i see, so when your on the side that is crushing others, then things are fine, but when you are being crushed, just like so many have before you. The game is ruined, and everyone needs to go into vacation mode. You are acting like vom is the first alliance to lose a war.

Ive been crushed in 1 past round. My alliance has been crushed in 2 past rounds. In neither round did it happen so fast and so early that we ended up having most of the round wihtout massive incoming. Some players get crushed every round. Why are you so special that when you get crushed, we have to see the chorus of screams on the forums and be told that if we dont do exactly what you want us to do you wont play anymore?

Why are you so special
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:23   #185
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I never said that anything should be prolonged, why do you insist on lying.
Who said you said it?

In if I am ever gonna lie in this game, I will quit this game for good.

Portaying me as a lier, is far off base.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Im sorry, but seeing members of your block running around on the forums admitting to defeat is alot worse for moral than three bad nights.
Thats your ananlysis, not mine and I am not sure the strategy u propose is the correct one.

We want the second war yesterday and do what we can to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Actually no one created an uberblock. You created a block, weet created a block, Nar created a block. Nar and weet targeted vom. THeyve only done it for 2 weeks. There is no crisis, the round is barely started and certainly not ruined. Wipe your tears up and deal.
In my defenition, NAPing the 2 blocks, u made a new temporary block. Everyone knows u wont stay together, thou the setup of the NAPed blocks, are not equal for a good second war.

You dont seem to be able to leave RaH with NoS/Auld/hirr and if the great seond war you are tlaking about is WEETR versus this group this round will go into the history as one of the most devastating for Planetarion.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
"Who panicŽd here really?" Obviously you. I havent seen any weet people running around teh forums since right after protection ended.
You created a certain outcome to protect yourself, even thou I am not sure VOM would have beaten WEET in a open war.

If this wasnt panic from your side, then its a cynical move beyond dimensions and I really dont understand why you play this game?

Its not like its the first time you have managed to create stagnation through blocking.

Did you really have to do it again, just too show off?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Once again, you are in a position with the information, and one would hope the judgement to know the truth. Yet you lie, either that or purposely delude yourself. Weet is nnot a block the size of which comes anywhere near garunteeing a win. Weet and Nar are not one block. Anyone who thinks that either weet or nar had any intention of staying together the whole round is really quite dum.
This again is a matter of defenition. Since we obviusly have diffrent ones, why do you have to portay that is lieing?

My impression of you here on forums isnt much good after this...

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
So, being part of a 2 block temporary coalition 2 weeks into the round garuntees winning, wow, thats some impressive thinking m8.
Well, split up WEET and I revaluate. Obviously you have already stolen RaH.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
No one goes into a war, and then stops as soon as they can tell they are going to win. You finish winning, you grab us some roids and you move on if you can. After one week it was pretty clear we were going to beat vom. Now we have pretty much beaten vom and are finishing up gathering the spoils of war. No reality check is needed because no one in weet or nar is operating under the premise that Weetnar need to stay together for a long time to finish off vom. That is an invention in your head.
You made a too large block ensuring a predictable outcome. Its a war GAME that I spend a 1000 hours playing each round. You denied 500 dedicated players the fun they expect playing this game.

And you saying that I think NAHRZFWEET staying together for the full round is utter bull****. When have I ever given the impression I think so?

All my actions should have a large sign attached to it saying I want the break sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Really, cause you are talking as if the entire round takes place in 3 weeks. Isnt it time? Isnt it time? Its been a week. This is planetarion. Either you just joined this round or you have a really terrible memory if you think 1 week is a long time for massive political moves to be made. Jeez, how can you even take yourself seriously. 1 week passes and you are acting like its been a month.
Dont you admit seeing what happened that it was too much force since VOM went down so fast?

Why does most NAHRWEET HC admit this in PMs and not on this boards?

You know you made a mistake making the blockŽs work together.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Yes, your rediculous exageration is a problem..
Your rediculous blocking is THE problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
That is not and has never been the definition of a block. A block is a group of alliances that are allied with each other, and are committe to long term plans. A temporary nap for 1 war has never been considered a block, so i cant imagine where you came up with that. Weet and Nar have no long term comittment. There is no real cooperation. They just try to avoid hitting the same targets, while not hitting each other. There is no mutual planning. No mutual decision making. It is nothing like any block that has ever existed in PA. Yet it is very much like many naps that have.
You say that you dont plan together and cooperate? Maybe its time for me to call you a liar...

And all alliances in FLTVT wasnt allied, still it was cosidered a block.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Its annoying to have to bring it up again, but the EXACT same thing happened in rd 6. And no one even tried to argue that WENXFOS was one block. This is a silly invention along a silly line of propaganda that originated in your heads this round.
Why is the invention silly for me? I understand you dont like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
So, supposedly Nos have a deal with fang, that means they are in our block, even if the rest of the bloc hits them.
Everyone that is working toghether against VOM are allowed to be in that block from my stance.

And you shouldnt keep forgetting hirr in NAHR, lemmings dont like that

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Im surprised your definition of block doesnt include vom and organizations from other games.
VOM is a block, but I dont get what you are tlaking about here...

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:25   #186
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
There never has been fair play in PA, outside maybe r1, and only then because I wasn't in the round for all of it to say.

P2P was the main reason in decline, but it was only one half of the equation.

Unfair game but free = tolerable
Fair game but pay = tolerable
Unfair and pay = no

The unfairness of PA has always been there, p2p was just the catalyst.
We had the setup of a fair round this time. Why is it okey to spoil that?

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:29   #187
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
You guys were unable to initiate diplomatic negotiations yourself? Besides since when does the enemy dictate how another side should operate and handle itself?
Try replying to KeyStrokeŽs post instead of mine, that one is much more important.

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:36   #188
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Indeed OldSkool PA players wouldn't ever do this. Pussy Inc.
Isnt it OldSkool players that still are behind the powerblocking and have been every round?

/me hopes for some nuskool breed of players to take over soon...

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:38   #189
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Vacation. Now you truly deserve nothing.

Simply going into Vac and running is shocking. Especially if an HC galaxy has done it. My alliances have taken a fair beating at times in the past yet we've never had to resort to vac mode. To compete at top level requires a bit of mettle and general stamina.
Seems like some have failed :/
Who said we are running?

Who say we use less time on this game now?

Who say we wont get more incoming when we are back from protection?

Every person in this gal knew we would get a worse public image of it and knew we would get more incoming...

Where is the personal benefit in that?

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:40   #190
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Isnt it OldSkool players that still are behind the powerblocking and have been every round?

/me hopes for some nuskool breed of players to take over soon...
OldSkool also broke them up, actually OldSkool ran the show pretty enjoyable.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:49   #191
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
If two pm's to me one week into the round moaning about how VoM had already lost and how MadCows had 99% of members under attack every night were the best that Rookie could do diplomatically no wonder you've resorted to such tactics to "get your point across". As I told him repeatedly at the time if he had any serious "offers" he should ask to speak to RaH as a group, not just to me. He has not.
Who dare speak to you when most RaH members are in Eclipse gals?

Better for me to speak to Eclipse then and talk openly with rest of Auld/hirr/NoS.

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:57   #192
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Why not just not take the defence anymore and use it more econically on your members. You then have all the fleets that would otherwise be sent to you, plus your own fleets. You lose roids, stay out of vacation, keep some pride and arn't thought of as selfish cowards. Didn't consider that? No?
Who said we got our defence from alliance?

Quote:
There are other ways to do that without going into vacation mode. Lose the roids, keep the fleets. It's just common sense and has been successfully practiced since round 1.
Who said our roids was what they wanted?

Quote:
This makes it sound like you wanted to start the round, lose on purpose and then point this out. I think a lot of your side did give up way too early.
We never give up. Why would I still be around then?

[quote]Originally posted by Scouse
[b]It is to benefit themselves. They want a rest, to get a few nights sleep and to keep their roids in the hope that they will have a better chance of keeping hold of them when they come out.

Then you dont know us and have neither listen to what we have said.

Quote:
Decent players would keep themselves weak targets and be able to cover a great deal of the incoming with zero out-of-gal defence.
We rock at ingal defence!

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:58   #193
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Shev
It's hilarious that all these high profile alliance players are slinking off into vacation mode after experiencing for two weeks what newbies and randoms have to put up with every round.

I was random in r6, we got hit every night, often two waves. Half the gal quit, and i called them cowards back then as well.
I had to reply on this one:

Did it help?

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:05   #194
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
This is not the case for nar and weet. They are not entertwined. The nap is between two blocks, not between the individual alliance. Youve got two tight groups loosly connected. It doesnt take a genious to see that its not on entity.
hmmm...

Why has RaH mixed gals with Eclipse and not NoS/Auld/hirr?

Why will we see a setup tonight that is totally diffrent from WEET versus NAHR?

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:17   #195
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Yes yes yes, I forgot, the AD campaignist Vvomm is still trying to take a moral highground.

Jesus H Christ, give it a ****ing rest. You were not some moralistic gods, you were not do-gooders for the game, and you certainly wouldn't have broken up vvomm on day 3 of the game if the situation was reversed. Have a bit of goddamn pride, fight on until the situation does change, start making plans for the big change and take advantage of the situation. Stop whinging and whining on the boards completely demoralising everyone on your side involved and start doing something constructive.
We created a block of 3 initially. We thought we would get atleast 2 equal blocks for a fair fight.

Planetarion as a game would have been much better off then and you know it.

Quote:
It's already been established across this thread by people from both sides that the numbers wasn't that big of an advantage had vvomm GOT OF IT'S ARSE and gone on the offensive, so stop prattling on about the same bollocks over and over. If you all the the same amount of energy into planning new means, methods and actions that you all have done into your AD bitching campaign, noone would stand a chance,.
Wow...and you think we didnt?

Do you actually think we could have changed the outcome?

Quote:
This really has shown the true character in some people, I just hope those of you on the "ITS NOT FAIR, WE'RE BEING BEATEN *cry cry cry*" bandwagon realise that, because it's going to reflect on a lot of you for a while to come should you want to find a new home anytime soon.
Who would want a new home and even play Planetarion if this is the way its gonne be played?

I will never again play a round of Planetarion like this, no matter what side I can be on.

Why is it worth putting 1000 hours in a game where skill and dedication means nothing?

Last edited by RooKie; 28 Mar 2003 at 16:38.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:21   #196
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
Where is the official stance of Virus and Madcows ?

m0000o0000oo000!

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:24   #197
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
...the whole vacation stuff is lame.
I said many times that if someone couldnt live with it, we would not do it.

You could have voted for the option to kill our own fleets.

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:31   #198
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
hmmm...

Why has RaH mixed gals with Eclipse and not NoS/Auld/hirr?

Why will we see a setup tonight that is totally diffrent from WEET versus NAHR?

I thought your intel would improve when you wouldn't have to worry about daily incs. Guess I was wrong.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:32   #199
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Preach is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
well a nice personal nap makes wonders :eek:
What in the name of God are you rabbiting on about man?!?! Please stop pretending to have any clue whatsoever, as its more than clear to anyone reading this thread that you dont.
R4.0 : 30:18:02 : Genesis of Word Of God : FA
R5.0 : 37:03:12 : Le Metatron of Corporeal Plane : FA BC
R6.0 : 10:12:04 : L' Eliminatore of Celeste Eccessivo Il Mondo : Titans Officer
R7.0 : 27:13:01 : Always Outnumbered of Never Outgunned : Titans Officer
R8.0 : 29:05:07 : Miyamoto Musashi of Niten Ichi-Ryu : Titans HC
R9.0 : 31:03:09 : Preach of I Like To Score : Titans Retirement Galaxy
R9.5 : 11:04:10 : Napoleon Solo of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. : LDK
Preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:34   #200
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:

Who says we have given up?

We just do everything in our power to bring phase 2 on. When its here, we will fight like never before and we sure got some ppl to dislike...