User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:36   #51
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Heartshunter
sorry, but vacation mode is the most cowardly way out. Apparently saving your roids is more worth to you then losing friends and respect.
Congratulations.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:48   #52
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hehe the only reason they did it was so they could save the little data bits in the field marked asteroids so try and make a come back later in the round if there's another war, all their bull**** other wise is pathetic.

I'm glad to see Olympians HC don't condone their actions but perhaps it would be better to make an example of cowards. Seems to be quite a clash in attitudes between the older players especially those who have taken hammerings before and see this as cowardice and the newer players who seem to think it makes them heros.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:52   #53
Nacho_OuZo
OuZo

Nacho_OuZo is an unknown quantity at this point
hicks.. u should read my post.. not just flame like ur other threads.. and think about it, before u claiming anything..
r4 143:22 n00b / HR
r5 23:15 (Silvercity) HR/Xanadu
r6 21:8 (Silvercity) Xanadu
r7 5:5 (Silvercity) Xanadu
r8 54:4 random / Titans
r9 42:8 (Black Lotus II)
r9.5 4.1.9 Cottus of Hecatoncheires LDK

OuZo -LoVe- Critters
Nacho_OuZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:01   #54
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Baxrus
Like I said, WEET didnt make the first move, vommv was created first, then WEET followed, what about they could just be an alliance and not block?
We are blaiming wrong parts here...
And if WEET had fought on their own, this round would have been different. It is the NAP with NaR that puts you in absolutely no position to judge "cowardice" from our part.
NaR+WEET are running out of good and easy targets. Of course you will flame when one or two of the few juicy targets still available go into vacation mode. You are complaining about losing those few easy roids. And again, that leaves you in no position to judge who's brave and who's coward.
WEET wants to roid and bash all VOM gals until they have no chance whatsoever of getting back, not even listening to their members. They just want to rejoice in the feeling of killing those fleets that still oppose them and make them pay high prices for the roids. When news scans arrive, i bet you would be scanning every other tick to try and catch fleets and make the bashing feast even worse. And again, that leaves you in no position to judge cowardice.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:05   #55
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Nacho_OuZo
hicks.. u should read my post.. not just flame like ur other threads.. and think about it, before u claiming anything..
If I think what I'm most proud of in Planetarion is not the Top 100 planets or the Top 10 galaxies or even being a part of Fury. It's the fact that when I faced defeat in Round 4 and Round 6 I always stood by my friends despite hoardes of ememy fletes, it's the fact that despite incoming myself I sent my fleets to save friends and that I never blinked no matter the odds.

You can never be proud of that.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:11   #56
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
If I think what I'm most proud of in Planetarion is not the Top 100 planets or the Top 10 galaxies or even being a part of Fury. It's the fact that when I faced defeat in Round 4 and Round 6 I always stood by my friends despite hoardes of ememy fletes, it's the fact that despite incoming myself I sent my fleets to save friends and that I never blinked no matter the odds.

*cough* what I recall the best is when you got pissed as hell after losing ships in a fubar attack when you was a IPC peon. And quit over it, despite it was your own fault because you didnt check in on time as you said you would do

Guess we wasnt your type of friends then hicks
/me who stand back to back with any of his members/friends and proud of em all regardless
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:15   #57
Draki
> EvuL

Draki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

tell me: where is the difference?
ofc we still could have killed some fleets or maybe even a gal

but then on the other hand ... the weet/nar bashing vvomm will only take longer
more players moaning about bad targets, no targets

until every vvomm is dead weet / nar wont split

so why not FORCE them to split by not giving them any more targets they can bash / kill / roid?
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:17   #58
Draki
> EvuL

Draki is an unknown quantity at this point
my view about this round and my gala

Since the end of r7 we wanted to do this galaxy
a galaxy which contains a lot of friends and good players which have proven themselfs
over the last round.
So we started early to organize our gala and we finished at the end of january.

After scanning we were ranked top 30 and our cluster was quite nice,
with a lot of friends inside and another sistergal.
our para did no look bad first. (note that was before the secret agreement of NAR and WEET to cooperate inpara and kill vvomm first)
we found a lot of friendlies and even one (weet) gala which contains members from one of our BGs (gôsu)

but then the situation changed rather quick...

we found us outnumbered by the secret pact of WEET and NAR and since all our attacks inpara were nicely defended we did not got
enough roids to keep up with the top 30 galas... we dropped to rank 80.
before tick 250 (when the terrans in our gala got DE) our raids were quite unsuccessful

while we did not get enough roids on the daily base we got incs every night, at least 7 days in row from para and universe and sometimes even simultaniously.
we managed to cover those incs quite nicely with lossing 80 roids these 7 days.

a BIG thanx to Choche and ALL our Sistergalas who defended us over these 7 days and helped us to kill more then 8 mio fleetscore due to intime defense!

After tick 250 we managed to attack some nice gals in p8 ending with 500 roids income per days and without great losses.

this lasted until tick 350 with the top of 3500 roids (ranked 29) and 11 mio score (ranked 39) as one of the last top vvomm gals.

Well that night we got huge incs from top 10 galaxies and 4 galaxies inpara, and we still covered about 4 planets complete and 3 planets for 2nd and 3rd tick
the others got roided with overkill fleets and attackers did no manage to recall the bash fleets.
total we lost 500 roids this day.

now to the vacation part

We got confirmed infos about us beeing waves from eclipse and serveral other weet alliances as we were claimed by Rob before normal claiming time
we suspected huge incs from top 10 galaxies and inpara galaxies with about 3 waves in total.....
We now had 2 options: a) Fighting and more or less dying and giving away roids for free, or b) mass vacation mode (which i personally dont like and never have used over the last 6 rounds)
and forcing WEET / NAR to split even earlier as there are less good targets left.
some ppl may think: hey there is a option c) jumping ships and fight for weet / nar! Well that would be the last thing we might do! i personaly hate defector and i will never one of them!
we are not alliance hopping as soon as it looks worse!

Note: This has nothing to do with hidding, it was just a choise between the lesser of 2 evils! With tactical use of Fleets and roids. and FORCING stagnation, so something has to be done.
Some might say.. what about ur alliances, which u cant defend now.... as I allready stated: we had no oportunity to defend allies as we got incs like EVERYNIGHT + retals from our attacks.
It was more the other way round, we got incomings and alliances needed to defend us. Vacation was the only way to get no incs until the split

and THEN after everything is sorted, we WILL stand up again, and fighting a maybe more winnable war!

I want to thank everyone who has given us defense over the last 1 1/2 weeks and I hope u will understand it...
and ofc i want to say thanx to my gal! Sjor, Nacho, Laputa, Sentinel, Meddy, Viper, Sad, Ryba and Reddingo, well played! /me wubs you =)

to WEET and NAR: enjoy ur rest of the round! but i doubt not many would call "enjoying it" U have beaten us, nothing more to say... now make the next move and fight the 2nd war!
Do not let stagnation hit us in these last real round of PA. Even if it means, someone might lose....

Regards
Draki
OuZo Military Officer
gôsu command
Virus
and 42:8 member!

Last edited by Draki; 27 Mar 2003 at 13:25.
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:19   #59
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
*cough* what I recall the best is when you got pissed as hell after losing ships in a fubar attack when you was a IPC peon. And quit over it, despite it was your own fault because you didnt check in on time as you said you would do

Guess we wasnt your type of friends then hicks
/me who stand back to back with any of his members/friends and proud of em all regardless
I didn't quit Planetarion I quit IPC because you clowns managed to lose me a chunk of my Top 200 fleet something I never recovered from especially after NoS/Cell bashed x11x. Reguardless I'd been Fury for a round prior to that I was only hanging about in IPC to see if I could get any decent intel, to try and make sure MikeUK took back his posisition in the alliance and because a few of the people in IPC seemed "decent". After you managed to lose my fleets I realised just how bad you were and how far you'd fallen, which made me think there was no point in trying to gather intel on you.

Last edited by Hicks; 27 Mar 2003 at 13:25.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:20   #60
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0
What would I do in this situation ? same thing I did in round 7.. get a core group of actives together and start fleet catching... ruin the rounds of some weet players by killing all fleet in a tick...

thats what i would do.. but then again I am a nasty tw*t
some of us have done trhat for a while but now newsscans already around the corner.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:20   #61
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
which is worst switching sides or turning on the vacation mode,
well imho going into vacation mode sends a msg to ur alliance members and urs allies and that msg is f**k you .
you dont join an alliance and expect to never get attacked and just have plain sailing

"ask not what your alliance can do for you but ask yourself what can i do for my alliance"

yeah i know kennedy said something similar but in these times of aggressive attacking by the weet/nar block i think its apt.

so to all the moaners groaners whiners and whingers you have 2 options

1. nevermind the vacation mode hit delete
or
2. stand up and be counted and take some pleasure from being a part of guerilla warfare <-pick and choose ur fights.

oh and for the record im writing this as i wait for the next tick to find out how many roids the multiple attackers at my planet have taken

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:21   #62
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by Draki
so why not FORCE them to split by not giving them any more targets they can bash / kill / roid?
You really believe that you going into vacation will force somthing don't you ?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:21   #63
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hehe

Quote:
I gotta laugh some..
If you havnt formed vommv there would never be a WEET
But you are wrong....

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:22   #64
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You really believe that you going into vacation will force somthing don't you ?
Yes, stupid aint it?

/me waits for the greed to force changes in politics...

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:25   #65
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

i normaly enjoy your posts, but this is pure bull**** and you know it. nacho is one of those ppl that never gave up in the past, no matter how the odds were looking. not in rd5, not in rd6 and not in rd7. i still remember him saving my pathetic roids several times through the rounds, never caring that he might get incs himself the next tick. he always was one of the guys fighting on to the last tick, motivating the others to keep the spirit.

trying to declare nacho as a coward is just silly. i dont think you're that clueless.

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:27   #66
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Re: hehe

Quote:
I
And ive attacked 42:8 twice, first my scout died, and i went back with 1 less harpy.. Last time I went home with 152 roids that was good at that time, i must say Im impressed of 42:8 and they had good contacts, what was wrong with u guys last time ?
I never liked bashing, and i still dont like bashing...
but even the lion eats grass when its no meat left..

Baxrus, Elysium BC
well Baxrus
the only time we lost more than 100 roids was the night as we had good in gal def btu suddendly one of us couldnt get into his account, his pwd got changed andhis fleets recalled. Else u would return with less roids and ships

my stats for this game i killed 4.8 Mill fleet score at my planet
well most wussies pulled. i Stole 300 roids and lost 92 what happened me last in R7

but u dont undestand the game as it seems. I would be pissed if i have to launch whole gals ona planet every night and hardly harm them in this early state of the game. Its stagnation deluxe we didnt even have in R6 as we all bashed furgion.
But we gave them a chance to get back into the game

So think about it
[42-8-1]Sjor

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:29   #67
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
em correct me if im wrong but not fighting with ur alliance in the middle of a blood fest is an act of cowardice

what he did in previouse rds means nothing in this rd

-Rommel
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:32   #68
HOPupNdown
Last of the plushies

HOPupNdown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Like I said, WEET didnt make the first move, vommv was created first, then WEET followed, what about they could just be an alliance and not block?
keep repeating this to yourself so you can
maybe convince yourself you havent fked up this round ,
and pa in generall .
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:34   #69
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Yes, stupid aint it?

/me waits for the greed to force changes in politics...
Your vacation will change nothing all you've done is divert all the fleets which have hit you towards your friends planets, well done.

Changes will take place over time, if anything you going into vacation will make them take longer just so the point can be made that we don't accept pressure from dead alliances.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:34   #70
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

You know what I am proud of?

I never farmed (illegal or not, it's for pussies)
I never was the cause for stagnation
I never was the cause for people leaving the game
I never called other ppl that do not spend as much time for PA as I do muppets
I never bashed a newb

and I still managed to end top10

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:37   #71
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I didn't quit Planetarion I quit IPC because you clowns managed to lose me a chunk of my Top 200 fleet something I never recovered from especially after NoS/Cell bashed x11x. Reguardless I'd been Fury for a round prior to that I was only hanging about in IPC to see if I could get any decent intel, to try and make sure MikeUK took back his posisition in the alliance and because a few of the people in IPC seemed "decent". After you managed to lose my fleets I realised just how bad you were and how far you'd fallen, which made me think there was no point in trying to gather intel on you.
omg.. what a load of bull****. Like as gather intel on us? like we had any intel worth having lying about just to grab,or something along those lines. We give f'k all about all blocks and try keep to our own.

And last thing I told you that night before you logged off was if you was sure you were able to get online in the morning before attack in case withdraw order was given. You said YES. Now, how did that become our fault when it was just yourself to blame?
And I dint say you quit Planetarion, just pointed out that being faitfull maybe not always been your strong side
Then again, the weak and easily fainted dont have what it takes to be in IPC as it requires determination and some gutts to face challenges and obstacles

Oh and please dont drag MikeUK into this. I think that thing is past history now. Dont you think? Beside you cant take back what is not yours to take. And most of the peeps would walk if such a thing did happend.
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:38   #72
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
very dissapointing
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:40   #73
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

meddy is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, that should we add... we didnt farmed !

look at pilkara, take a top gal (i.e. 48:4) which increased their roid ammount, with 0 losses... u can easily watch it in graphics ( we compared to our gal 4 days before).

looks very funny. :-)

and hicks : u are such l33t... wow

Eclipse HC/Officer gal with FAnG HC in it... be proud of "clean galaxys"
R6 : 31:8:6 MedMaxx of Empire Earth / Xanadu
R7 : 5:5:2 Home of Follower / Silvercity 0wnage =] / Xanadu
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
R9 : 42:8:5 The Dark Slayer of The Evil Horde /MadCowS Military Officer
Speedround (R9 priv) : 4:9:2 The Doomed Lord of Darkness Falls
Speedround (R9 rdm) : 2:5:1 The Light of a Deep Dawn
R9.5: 27:10:9 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:42   #74
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
which is worst switching sides or turning on the vacation mode,
well imho going into vacation mode sends a msg to ur alliance members and urs allies and that msg is f**k you .
you dont join an alliance and expect to never get attacked and just have plain sailing

"ask not what your alliance can do for you but ask yourself what can i do for my alliance"

yeah i know kennedy said something similar but in these times of aggressive attacking by the weet/nar block i think its apt.

so to all the moaners groaners whiners and whingers you have 2 options

1. nevermind the vacation mode hit delete
or
2. stand up and be counted and take some pleasure from being a part of guerilla warfare <-pick and choose ur fights.

oh and for the record im writing this as i wait for the next tick to find out how many roids the multiple attackers at my planet have taken
gzambo me is in that gal too and i wouldnt do it if there was an other acceptable chance

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:43   #75
LaNiCoR
Chief Hashier

LaNiCoR is an unknown quantity at this point
for people to go to vac mode this early is a really poor show, i think you should all remember a great qoute

"don't let the bast*rds grind you down"

[F.E.A.R]
LaNiCoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:46   #76
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

never thought u were 1 to turn away from a fight sjor
christ i cant get over 100 roids without 4 planets 3 times my size attacking me ffs
but i aint giving up

as long as i can produce ships ill fight for my alliance my galaxy and myself i know i wont win i know i wont be highly ranked but ill keep fighting regardless

-Rommel
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:46   #77
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by niwaie
nacho is one of those ppl that never gave up in the past, no matter how the odds were looking. not in rd5, not in rd6 and not in rd7. i
Which is one of the reasons it distrubs me that he's chosen to go into vacation mode rather than fight with his alliance mates
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:49   #78
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
spineless
and worse is that there are commanders amongst your galaxy.
what would Titans early round 6 have become if Scouse had put his whole galaxy in r6 into vacmode?
he hardly came to grow above 150 roids...
and still he kept on trying
I may not like him, and visa versa, but at least he didnt hide from the red on his screen, but kept trying.

yes, I dont so much condone vacmode, which to start with is cowardly, but I am more afraid of the example this will give to your fellow alliancemates. HC and officers w/o planets is even worse than small planets (in regard to that thread of a few weeks back).

there has been hammering in the last 8 rounds in pa.
take an example on the ppl that learnt to live with the fact of no being able to win, and give that example to your alliance.
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:49   #79
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
There is many reasons to.
Some find fighting for a hopeless cause is honourable but to me it is a waste of effort. There is little honour in not being able to admit you lost and continuing to put time and effort of your members in a cause for abuslutly no thing to be gotten out of it.

If you go into vacation mode you might be giving up this fight but frankly there is atm not something worth fighting for. Losing is no shame, nor admitting you lost by going into vac mode. Vacation mode will at least give the players a few days to get out of this losing streak and revover a bit mentally. Also in this round it is a statement of protest against the way some alliances take this game to seriously and ruine the whole concepts of the game.
Mate, believe me i fully understand your sentiments. A war is a war, it has its fair share of casualties, but then again your stand may not be a united stand of your brothers in war (alliance). What about those galaxies that still want to prove they will fight till the very end, till their last harpy kick in half swing with one leg.

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

And then when you get out of vacation mode you can at least set yourself new goals and play a round mayby not to win anymore but to enjoy playing again. Mayby to annoy a few people you wanted to get back at for a while and trash their planets.

hAl
'maybe not to win anymore but to enjoy playing again'
That one kinda contradicts what your point is.

One just can't annoy the other side to force them to do what the other side desires, i thought it's the thing that we should have learnt thru time. The winning side have their own cards in their hands, external pressure is the last factor that could make them decide.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:51   #80
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by meddy

and hicks : u are such l33t... wow

is that the gal that used 11:2 for farm and support gal ?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:51   #81
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

Quote:
Originally posted by LaNiCoR
for people to go to vac mode this early is a really poor show, i think you should all remember a great qoute

"don't let the bast*rds grind you down"
i bet i am still bigger as you...

but MY and my gal´s Point is : stop the fencesitting /Xtreme Powerblocking

it sucks!

we were one of the hardest vommv gala in this round (to hit - we covered all - many attackers died in 1 tick)

we were under attack each night. Each day we talked "Which LT. on us today ?" etc. - but that was FUN . it wasnt that easy to get def, but we could cover all (and some l33t ingal def actions )

but finally after NAR and WEET "napped" (lol funny word)... 49 vommv gals (from 57 or so..) got incs... the rest should cover the attacked ones ? how tell me ? the 3:1 ratio is more then lame...

but if u dont have real skill...be proud. (@weet)
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:51   #82
PDTemplar
WAFFLES FFS!!!

PDTemplar is an unknown quantity at this point
Though i totally disagree with vacationmode as an option to change something in the game, it is pretty sure something has to change indeed. At this moment both sides are bored as hell.
If the round goes on like this for to long i'm pretty sure that next round will have even less players then this round... And this round has allready to few players to make a good universe...

Proud to be Xanadu BC
PDTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:52   #83
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
is that the gal that used 11:2 for farm and support gal ?
could be, dunno now , i am in vac and cant see ;-)
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:56   #84
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Ad0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
You know what I am proud of?
I never was the cause for stagnation
Nobody In Pa can say this... not one person.... HC's cause stagnation directly by the polatics they choose for their alliance and their allies... but why do you think this happens ? they do it for the members of the alliance.. to avoid the constant incoming and to ensure they grow as big as possible adn have as much fun (winning) as they can.

Its the NORMAL planetarion player (or most of) that are afraid of constant combat that causes stagnation, because the HC's know they wont fight ALL round, and as have to make sure one side is convincingly bigger than the rest.

Peoples willingless to accept PA AS IS is the reason for the stagnation. I admit while I played PA i was at fault to.. everyone is.

It was the same in previous rounds.. where people left smaller alliances to big ones (hi fury / legion) becuase they would help keep their roids... the effect of which was to cause a power imbalance, due to the smaller player base it happens on a alliance scale.

Nothing new in this.. but were all responsible....
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:56   #85
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
real vacation maybe?
Hmmm. Being a Xanadu like you. Nevah!
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:58   #86
Sjor

Gzambo im not running away

the fact is i got no def from madcows in last 7 days expect once from Rookie and Trin.

We got covered everytime with help of Olvi, Gosu, OuZo and our Sistergals.

Thing is that atm we can fight so till the end of the round like in R7 as i ended with 16 mill and 300 Roids

Its my last round and i want some fun
well it was fun killing so many weet planets and stealing their roids but things should change to keep pa alive

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:59   #87
Ad0
Slightly different.....

Ad0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

<SNIP>

An old galaxy mate of mine (hi aga) once called this game 'sim planet' right now i coudnt agree more

Perhaps if we had the players return who actually like 'war' rather than sitting and growing and playing polatics then PA would be a war game again.. otherwise I may as well go crack open a nice 'sim' game.

Uses less time.. the polatics are as dynamic.. and its more fun.
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:07   #88
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
could be, dunno now , i am in vac and cant see ;-)
pilkara ?!
I seem to rmember it being a FAnG HC gal using 11:2 as their farm/support gal. If Hicks is in that that would be rather pathetic for him to be complaning about others peoples actions.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:13   #89
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
pilkara ?!
I seem to rmember it being a FAnG HC gal using 11:2 as their farm/support gal. If Hicks is in that that would be rather pathetic for him to be complaning about others peoples actions.
oi oi is the truth comming out ?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:20   #90
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
vom was created first, NOT vommv and if weet would have fought by their own without the nap with nar and FZ this round would have been quite interesting.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:25   #91
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
vom was created first, NOT vommv and if weet would have fought by their own without the nap with nar and FZ this round would have been quite interesting.

to add :

the war vommv vs. weet was equal but , why were they affraid ?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:41   #92
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
Me salutes!

Been fun ouzo men!

Critters salute you!!
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:47   #93
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hah.. typical answer..
Ofc we wanted to win with our block when we had to fight "ugly" vommv. But this could be prevented even before the round.. And vommv HC knew they was outnumbered if they stod alone.
Hence afraid of losing, and lost they did..Maybe they would last longer if it was alliance vs alliance, and not block vs block.

I miss the time when Fury excisted, then we had a reason to build ships, a reason to launch on them.. Elysium was created cos we were suppose to fight Fury.. Now they are gone and we had to find new enemies, We had allready looked in Virus and Madcows (since we was ELysium and WP)
i could have answerd many of your silly posts,where you are actually argueing with yourself and say and do the opposite.

But for this 1: why dont you look into the memberbase of eclipse today and maybe the names in command?? they are the same as fury you know,onely some few minor changes.but you will understand that the day it blow up in your face,or somebodys face...the weakest side will be the rap0red 1. the chance for Ely/wp getting hit is big but im quessing there is to mutch blending there.But atleast WP command ranks know about eclipse and know they are fury with another name.
Its like a company,you go bankrupt...then you open under a new name and some changes in command structure for us to belive!

You furys can denie this i dont care im used to ure denials from r3 - r8.
for you others....GOLD FISH MEMORY AHOY!!
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:54   #94
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
Olympian HC has not at any time agreed to this move. We have on the other hand sharply told the gals in question, that we do not condone this behaviour. Our last top gal containing Oly HC, have not gone into Vacation, and are at this moment facing massive incoming.

We are at the moment discussing the proper measures to take against this sort of behaviour, because we feel it is detriment, to all that Olympians stand for.

on Behalf of Olympian HC
Desse
Respect.

Nice one Oly HC.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:56   #95
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
I have no FANG in my galaxy.

It's made up of Elysium, Eclipse and ToT. I'm fairly sure I know which galaxy your talking about hAl as you've mentioned it before and no it isn't mine.

MadcowS intel +++
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:06   #96
Sjor

hAl isnt madcows so check your intel but should admit that
we have mostly 100% VOMMV gals where u have about 4 weet/nar in a gal and take the rest with you. Ofc not all

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:08   #97
Castigated

Castigated is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, please... Can't people stop turning all these threads into whining about how mean the winning block is, and sorry everyone should feel for the losers? I'm getting seriously sick of it.
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Castigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:09   #98
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
hAl isnt madcows so check your intel but should admit that
we have mostly 100% VOMMV gals where u have about 4 weet/nar in a gal and take the rest with you. Ofc not all
Perhaps I was talking about meddy as I quoted him accusing me of being in 19:7 That didn't occur to you though did it.

Your a bit dense if you think the majority of WEET galaxies have 4 NAR
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:41   #99
Sjor

Quote:
Perhaps I was talking about meddy as I quoted him accusing me of being in 19:7 That didn't occur to you though did it.

Your a bit dense if you think the majority of WEET galaxies have 4 NAR
well true David got a few roids but only cause i had a fleet defedning a m8 out so couldnt get into vacation. but 380k score loss in 1st tick inst bad
and i will get u down if i get the slightliest way of a chance

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:48   #100
Sjor

and i havent said that weet has nar in their gal i said VOMMV had almost all members in their gals in VOMMV
some of your gals have under 4 ppl in weet or nar alliances and u direct the whole gal as it would be whole weet/nar. Its a clever plan and it worked well