User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 01:53   #1
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Will AH be forced onto us in Round 10?

I am a little concerned about this, because if we are going to be forced to use AH in Round 10 I would like for one of the creators to put a suggestion box for it. There are more then a few things I would liked to see reformed with it before Round 10...
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 01:58   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
they wont and they cant

every option 'pro' will be used, every 'con' will not be used and passed by on irc.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 02:11   #3
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
They cannot force alliances to use AH as Alliances will just refuse to use it. heh. Its not like they HAVE to use it. And I dont see any advantages to using it.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 03:16   #4
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Well how exactly will alliances be in-game then? Will there now be two types of alliances? Game Alliances and real alliances?
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 03:54   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
Well how exactly will alliances be in-game then? Will there now be two types of alliances? Game Alliances and real alliances?

There's a few options. For instance, you could create an alliance much like you create a private galaxy...so one of the HC or whatnot would sign up, create the 'alliance' within the database, and give the password to his members. They would then be "registered" as that alliance, and be privy to whatever features alliances will have in r10 (shorter ETA for defense, resource trading, who knows what Spinner has in mind).

Of course, we could very well still see alliances that operated outside of the hard-coding...though if the features granted to registered alliances were of a sufficiently advantageous nature, I doubt (m)any alliances would forgoe registering...especially if there were ETA bonuses for defense fleets...or if he REALLY wanted to throw a wrench in the works, it would be coded so you could only defend your alliance/galaxy:eek: and un-allied players couldn't defend anyone outside their galaxy...

Brings about some interesting possibilities, and equally distressing problems

However, all the details remain to be seen...and the "tidbits" Spinner has given us so far aren't nearly enough to stage a discussion on at this current time.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 04:02   #6
Buddha

Buddha is an unknown quantity at this point
another thing that I think will appear just from reading old CH Hours is that if you not the same allaince and both you attacking a planet, your forces will fight each other along with the planet they were attacking.
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 04:09   #7
Makain
Macintosh Defender

That would be nice Buddha. It would stop hundreds of incomings on planets in the outer-rim.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 04:12   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, that will be a nice addition to the game I think.

Will also make for some interesting nights prior to news scans becoming available

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:43   #9
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
alliances will always work a way around things
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 11:03   #10
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about
Re: Will AH be forced onto us in Round 10?

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
I am a little concerned about this, because if we are going to be forced to use AH in Round 10 I would like for one of the creators to put a suggestion box for it. There are more then a few things I would liked to see reformed with it before Round 10...
unless they make it into a combination with which u can only defend allied or napped planets, and only can attack non allied and napped planets...

As round 10 will bé 'totally new' we don't know
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:30   #11
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Buddha
another thing that I think will appear just from reading old CH Hours is that if you not the same allaince and both you attacking a planet, your forces will fight each other along with the planet they were attacking.
I think that would just make it even harder to take down big players. But the idea is good.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:37   #12
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I think that would just make it even harder to take down big players. But the idea is good.
You could do that by alliances sharing a target via AH.
To limit abuse of alliances splitting in smaller alliances working togehter this way you might make it so that you can only share one target(gal) with other alliances and only change such a shared target every 48 ticks or so.

So the HC would need to put in a share request with a targetgal and another alliance (or mayby even two or three). The HC of other alliance would then have to accept this request for this target to be shared and the planets of these alliance being able to attack that single targetgal together for 48 ticks (should suffice for about 6 waves).

hAl
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 18:01   #13
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve
i dont hope we have to.

i didnt like the ah manual already, there is just no use of it.

(this is just my opinion)

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 18:30   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
well, dunno about all this ...

I think the creators need to lay off their hands from the alliances. They controle everything else, manipulate some things if you wanna look at it with a more negative approach.

Alliances and communities are the only thing that the players run 100% themselves, without the slightest input or restrictions from the creators. I'd like to keep it that way cause imo that's what makes PA fun (for me).

I doubt I'll bother playing if they take away that "freedom" that we players still have ...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote