User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:02   #1
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The Plea

Its a little late for this i fear, but i was under the impression that it was not neccisary, but alas people who i thought had their heads screwed on and genuinley cared for this game turn out to little more than frauds.

Ok, Fact is VoM made a block? Yes i was annoyed, although i said something perhaps i shouldn't of, and was even a little harsh on some VoM members with my critisims. But none the less i am dissapointed at the actions they have taken.

Now the natural reaction was that another counter block would be created, a block so large that it would wipe VoM out easily and then we'd be left with stagnation.

Luckily people accepted this would happen and decided to act against it. So instead Wolfpack Elysium and Eclipse ally.

Surley thats only reasonable to counter another block composed of three alliances. Yes it darn well is. However things need a closer look. Eclipse allied to ToT? Ok fair enough, ToT are not a massive allinace. Perhaps things still look acceptable. ToT only nap Elysium and WP, but im afraid to say their still part of the block ,wether they like it or not. Now Wolfpack allies that other new alliance (begins with S, forget its name, composed of ex lithyn) while eclipse nap's them. Adding a 5th alliance to the block. They may argue otherwise, but at the end of the day your hostilities will lie against VoM and thats exactly what WP/ELY/ECLIPSE want (more fire power).

Now this is bad enough, although had it just been left at this then i would not mind, i think we would still get away with an interesting round.

Let me remind you of what we have. Virus/MadCows/Olympian vs Eclipse/Wolfpack/Elysium/(Alliance That Begins With S - Drugs kill brain cells children :/)/ToT. Still we have a larege proportion of the universe that could essentially make an influence on this confrontation left out, perhaps the way it should be or even a three way fight? I am ofc refering to NoS/ND/RAH/hirr etc.

Woflpack have allowed their members to share galaxies with these people. Whats wrong with that? Nothing? Sorry fella screw your head on.

If ND/NoS/Rah etc. members are allowed in WEE gals then we have a situation where any war between WEE and ND/NoS/Rah etc. is impossible. Meaning.... stagnation.

Its enough to share gals with your allies, to share them with neutrals in a small universe only increase the chance of stagnation. It will be this that will lead to stagnation.

It also will event in everyone having to target VoM as NoS/RaH/ND members will be complaining that they cannot hit WEE gals because their in WEE galaxies. Leading to a quicker end to the large conflict that if things carry on will offer the only entertainment for the round.

I ask that you instruct your members to not allow anyone from outside your block to be in their galaxies, wether their neutral or not. Do so and the round will be a better one. Ignore it and yes, you may well end up the victors, but of what? 2 months of nit picking retals.

I'd rather win a glorious, closley contest round as opposed to a round 5 scenario where you have to gut your friends in order to make a living.

Discuss, and although i've been wrong in the past i'm gonna take a lot of convincing to think things are as otherwise.

-Necro
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:07   #2
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
We will hit who we want to hit, when we want them.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:07   #3
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
I have to fully agree mate, but its gone wayyyy to far to make any real change.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:10   #4
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
or literal simpile soultion all nuteral alliances inforce member ONLY planetary naps thus can hit who they like if the alliances in there gal want to retal so be it

gives everone something to do
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:13   #5
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
If I had friends in a neutral alliance and wanted them in my gal, no 'moral obligation' would stop me.
________
Growing marijuana

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:33.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:17   #6
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Barrow|Pony
We will hit who we want to hit, when we want them.
So you will have your Nd members hit an Eclipse/Wp gal when those ND members are in Eclipse gals.

Ok im sure u can order the attack, but do you honestly think you will get away with it?

-Necro
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:19   #7
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Kileman hit my nail on the head

I'm not going to prevent my members from playing the rounds with their friends.

If a planet is hostile to ND, there is no forseeable reason why ND will not be hostile to the planet, no matter what composition the galaxy might have.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:27   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I wish to point out that having galaxies with just your block doesnt stop stagnation. In fact, if that block 'wins' then its MUCH more likely to bring about stagnation since nearly 100% of that blocks galaxies will be shared and thus there is no chance whatsoever of any politics afterwards.

Containing neutrals and such allows for a better mix of people, and more fluid politics later on in the round.

Additionally, I'll play with who I want

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:34   #9
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
"Throughout the aeons an ancient evil lay dormant, until such time as the conditions were right for its birth. From beneath the veils of time and space. The secrets of eternal darkness now unfold.

u best change ur siggie Zh|l people might actually think u know i exist
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:37   #10
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
ive been reading AD for a while, ive been trying to get to grips with the blocking situation..

it looks like:

alot of alliances (one starts with V) vs. alot more alliances of which one starts with an E

now after reading this countless times it also appears a few alliances are not allied or napped to the V one or the E one. we can call these ones R (after Rah, the only name i take any notice of anymore)

so whats stopping V hitting E and E hitting V with R hitting both V and E?

that sounds like a war to me. and if theres naps in place then cant we all just hit break them randomly to get roids like they have been before?

anyway im gay for posting on AD bout blocking clearleh cause it just seems an argument only 10 or so ppl are having - the others are spammers and flamers trying to look like they know what they are talking bout...

FLAME AHOY!!!
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:38   #11
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

And what if a 3rd block was formed, one that sided with neither side, but instead attacked them both.

This would add some spice to the current flavouring of what looks to be "just another pa round". Although the temptation is always then that the other two blocks turn on it and give it a good booting.

Essentially what i am trying toget across is to try and prevent everyone turning on VoM. And if Auld members are allowed into WEE galaxies then we have a situation where this is the case.

-Necro
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:41   #12
bagg
Stoppit

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro

etc etc etc

-Necro
did u post that at the same time as me cause we seem to have similar views

im just more annoyed bout the ammount of threads devoted to this subject than the actual blocking itself
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:42   #13
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
what alliances are actually left then?

NoS/RaH/KoN/FanG/Ministry/ND/hirr/VisioN/CharmeD

who have I missed?
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:44   #14
bagg
Stoppit

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
what alliances are actually left then?

NoS/RaH/KoN/FanG/Ministry/ND/hirr/VisioN/CharmeD

who have I missed?
they all are starting to look like a mixmass of letters that mean jack ***** to me

maybe im tried

enuff posting for me i think
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:46   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
As far as I'm aware CharmeD are no longer around. They merged into another alliance.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:48   #16
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by bagg
did u post that at the same time as me cause we seem to have similar views

im just more annoyed bout the ammount of threads devoted to this subject than the actual blocking itself
Nope i just have no dignity and do not worry about blatantly copying other peoples comments :/

-Necro
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:49   #17
bagg
Stoppit

Quote:
Nope i just have no dignity and do not worry about blatantly copying other peoples comments :/

-Necro
shame on u
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:50   #18
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
As far as I'm aware CharmeD are no longer around. They merged into another alliance.
rofl they've only been around for about 2 weeks?
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:54   #19
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Plea

Quote:
Excellent Post
Unfortunately, it wont happen.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 01:05   #20
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by bagg
shame on u
Shame on u Baggy for lowering urself to a discussion on AD ;-)

Teh Necro - for once I agree with you!

[SWEET] gals should be just that - surely they don't need every other currently non-aligned alliance in with them as well. That is just a route to stagnation (IF they do actually succeed in turning over VOM)

I can't believe VoM has scared people so much...As Spazmonster put so eloquently on another thread there is simply no chance of VOM dominating the universe on it own with any kind of organised opposition (which WEE is)!

Yet it seems almost everyone has got in a panic and decided to block up against VOM

Well it will make the first few weeks interesting anyway :-)

Let the war begin!

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 01:26   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I ask that you instruct your members to not allow anyone from outside your block to be in their galaxies, wether their neutral or not.
This, to me, looks like it would just force neutral alliances to ally with others creating more smaller blocks, as they need people to fill their gals. That could be a good or bad thing.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 01:41   #22
bagg
Stoppit

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin

[SWEET] gals should be just that - surely they don't need every other currently non-aligned alliance in with them as well. That is just a route to stagnation (IF they do actually succeed in turning over VOM)

I can't believe VoM has scared people so much...As Spazmonster put so eloquently on another thread there is simply no chance of VOM dominating the universe on it own with any kind of organised opposition (which WEE is)!

Yet it seems almost everyone has got in a panic and decided to block up against VOM

Let the war begin!

hardin the same ppl are having the same thinly disguised discusion in thread after tread after thread just wondered if anyone else had noticed..

as for AD i will never post here again, for a week
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 01:50   #23
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Re: Re: The Plea

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
This, to me, looks like it would just force neutral alliances to ally with others creating more smaller blocks, as they need people to fill their gals. That could be a good or bad thing.
well its like i said just afterwards a third block could be interesting, yes i can see how it could effect the game badly, but at leat it adds a twist.

Round 6 was full of diversity due to the FoS block floating around and changing sides, it prevented stagnation, and in the end came out on top, the precise thing it aimed to do in the first place.

-Necro
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:12   #24
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

Let the war begin!
You seem to believe everything said by VOM on these boards.

Plus the fact you missed my post earlier in stating why I dont think the matter of neutral alliances being disallowed from galaxies would 'help prevent' stagnation. I think it would only help create a 'total victory' with no chance of anything happening afterwards.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:16   #25
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: The Plea

Quote:
well its like i said just afterwards a third block could be interesting, yes i can see how it could effect the game badly, but at leat it adds a twist.
I hope for everyone's sake that there is 3 or more blocks, and thankfully it looks like there should be.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:28   #26
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
'Deus'

Jester

[edit]Agreeing with Scouse physically hurts, think I may have to change my position here :\[/edit]

Last edited by Jester; 16 Jan 2003 at 02:36.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 04:32   #27
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I ask that you instruct your members to not allow anyone from outside your block to be in their galaxies, wether their neutral or not. Do so and the round will be a better one. Ignore it and yes, you may well end up the victors, but of what? 2 months of nit picking retals.

I'd rather win a glorious, closley contest round as opposed to a round 5 scenario where you have to gut your friends in order to make a living.

Discuss, and although i've been wrong in the past i'm gonna take a lot of convincing to think things are as otherwise.

-Necro
A better solution imho would be to limit the in-galaxy mixing within SWEET block in a way that in some gals you mainly have Ely/WP/Sap (SEW), in others mainly Eclipse and ToT (ET), basically splitting SWEET into two blocks that work as one block as long as VOM is around.
Once VOM is destroyed (i have the feeling some people want to destroy VOM no matter how much of a threat it is, so before anything else happens that will probably need to be done first) SWEET can split up without too many problems.
VOM, who will probably mainly blame Eclipse for their failure and try to damage them, could then easily join forces with WP/ELY/SAP, while Eclipse should have better relations with RAH (and allies) and in general better political influence.

The thing I like about this constellation is that once a war between VOM/SEW and ET/RAH+friendlies has started and the few shared galaxies there are have picked their side we essentially have 4 Blocks who controll their own gals. After that switching sides or opening up entirely new sides (leaving the war and roiding from all sides, possibly with new allies) should be a lot easier and politics could start gettintg more dynamic again, and even if the two sides do not change and one side wins there is enough room left for a new war.

Since the argument of shared gals still being a major problem when SEW and ET split will probably cross peoples minds, i'd like to popint out that argumentz is irrelevant: There will be so many problems with friendly fire anyway, no matter what you do unless you plan on achieving a state of complete stagnation, that alliance commands will be quite busy with it. The advantage of this scenario though is that you can controll the friendly fire and more or less limit it to the time the galaxies need to decide whioch side to pick. (There will remain some gals that arer split, but once both sides start attacking them they will either loose enough to be no threat or pick a side.)

It would suprise me though actually if alliances managed to "agree" on such a plan. SEW prolly is too unconfident of its own powers and would fear being squashed by ET since they're so elite, and ET probably is too Furyesque to commit to any plans that leave it undecided untill the very late stages of the game whether they will be part of the winning block.
If RaH started negotiations with VoM though despite the dislike which i assume is present (though of course i can be wrong, i have been pretty uninvolved with alliances for a while now) that might change things, as then it would be even more profitable for SWEET to come up with some sort of pre-designed split in return for RAH and friends helping with the quick killing of VoM so that all could have fun afterwards. Such negotiations with VOM are neccessary anyway imo, as if such a predesigned split of SWEET block is not agreed on, RAH and friends will be forced to assist VOM in order to prevent SWEET from becomming too dominant after VoM is finished off.

Disclaimer: All of this is of course based on the assumption that the information Necro provided about the blocks is correct, as I have no personal knowledge about those blocks.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1

Last edited by Salomo; 16 Jan 2003 at 04:46.
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 05:26   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Re: Re: The Plea

Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
Are you stoned? :P

Anyway, I still think restricting galaxies so they cannot mix with neutral alliances will only increase the chance of stagnation. For example if VOM win, then what happens after that? VOM cant split up since it'll be more integrated than any other block in history and we are faced with total stagnation - not normal stagnation where alliances are worried about galaxy control.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 05:31   #29
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Are you stoned? :P

Anyway, I still think restricting galaxies so they cannot mix with neutral alliances will only increase the chance of stagnation. For example if VOM win, then what happens after that? VOM cant split up since it'll be more integrated than any other block in history and we are faced with total stagnation - not normal stagnation where alliances are worried about galaxy control.
when the HCs youre cooperating with dont have the same rules you will still have gals thats consisting of more than 3 alliances.
so in other words your argueing with yourself.
and you think salomo is stoned??
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 05:45   #30
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Plea

Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
when the HCs youre cooperating with dont have the same rules you will still have gals thats consisting of more than 3 alliances.
so in other words your argueing with yourself.
and you think salomo is stoned??
What? Eclipse have a rule saying no more than 3 alliances per gal?

What rules are you referring to exactly?

Dont accuse me of contradicting myself. Im simply arguing that what VOM has done with its galaxies will lead to total stagnation if they win. Whilst the classic approach is 'normal' stagnation because there is much more room for fluid politics.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 08:12   #31
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Luckily people accepted this would happen and decided to act against it. So instead Wolfpack Elysium and Eclipse ally.

do not even start with this "the block was made to save the round and counter the evul vom" crap, most people seem to have this idea in there head that it was BECAUSE vom made a block every1 else did when that is quite clearly bs, just because they were the first to go "public" does not mean they were the first created. Had there triad been kept quite for a few weeks longer perhaps , people would have been "praising" them as coming in and forming a block to counter the evul wee.
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:09   #32
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Someone might point out that SKYY/Silver was merged into ViruS recently, so technically the block would be 4 alliances... I'm also hearing of some odd alliance called HD or something, pointing it out since I've heard their name in connection to VoM...

Also, the word Sapientia(latin for knowledge) shouldn't be impossible to learn, or even the abrivation Sap...

And more along the lines, Dj, yer an arse, VoM was the first block, there were smaller agreements between two allies or so before that but VoM was the first block to form, no doubt about it.
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:17   #33
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Barrow|Pony
If a planet is hostile to ND, there is no forseeable reason why ND will not be hostile to the planet, no matter what composition the galaxy might have.
Will be intresting to see if that will happen.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:20   #34
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
I wish to point out that having galaxies with just your block doesnt stop stagnation. In fact, if that block 'wins' then its MUCH more likely to bring about stagnation since nearly 100% of that blocks galaxies will be shared and thus there is no chance whatsoever of any politics afterwards.

Containing neutrals and such allows for a better mix of people, and more fluid politics later on in the round.

Additionally, I'll play with who I want
Do you really expect the "core allies" to turn on eachother? Has that ever happend in history of PA?

Isnt it more likely that if 1 block gets the upper hand, the two other cooperate to take them back? Isnt that the recepy of thse rounds were the fun have lasted the longest?

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:25   #35
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
How can VOM win if targeted by the 2 blocks? You really think we have a chance?

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:37   #36
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Do you really expect the "core allies" to turn on eachother? Has that ever happend in history of PA?

Isnt it more likely that if 1 block gets the upper hand, the two other cooperate to take them back? Isnt that the recepy of thse rounds were the fun have lasted the longest?
You dont get what I mean exactly. When FLTTV won, because they werent pure FLTTV galaxies (there was no real restriction to not containing neutral alliances) then it wasnt just the end of the round. People expected something would happen - that some breakage woud happen - Fury and Legion forsaw this as a possibility from the very beginning but there was little that could be done at the start. Things progressed naturally.

Now lets flick to VOM, if that wins - then it has won. Final. Thats it. Your galaxies are so integrated (more so than FLTTV ever was) that you cant pull apart to 'stop stagnation' whatsoever.

This is my emphasis, not anything about a third block coming in to stop stagnation like r6. (Tbh, unless that third block consists of firepower equal to that of VOM then it'll just fall flat on its face - because VOM would gave gained the roids from the other block during its war and would be in a much more advantaged position)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:40   #37
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Why are you even playing then if you feel like that? I think i ts already been stated that VOM arent being targeted by two blocks for countless amounts of times today.

So please, instead of detracting from my point just read and accept it - It has far greater stagnation effect than a classic style

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 09:46   #38
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
r3 Legion and Fury dumbed RB
r5 Legion dumped Ely

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 10:15   #39
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
If VOM are targetted, for the entire duration of the round, by two blocks, then they will surely lose - as would any alliance/block in a similar situation.

This will not happen, you know it will not happen, everyone knows it will not happen, so why persist in claiming that it will?

Zhil outlined the argument perfectly above though; that an early VOM victory would (prematurely) end the round as a meaningful contest, just as an early victory for any single block would. This provides incentive for people to make sure that this does not happen, which is in no way the same thing as 'bashing VOM all round'.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 10:27   #40
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
This round is going to be a blast. I can't wait.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:35   #41
Hardin

Quote:
You seem to believe everything said by VOM on these boards.

Plus the fact you missed my post earlier in stating why I dont think the matter of neutral alliances being disallowed from galaxies would 'help prevent' stagnation. I think it would only help create a 'total victory' with no chance of anything happening afterwards.
No - I didn't miss your previous post! I just don't agree with you.

Do you honestly believe that VOM is going to completely dominate the universe and cause stagnation on its own? Be realistic for once pls.

The universe is generally of a higher calibre and VOM simply does not have the numbers to control it in the way Fury and the multi-alliance blocks did in previous rounds. (ofc u (or one of ur mates) will say disingenuously that numbers don't matter!)

This 'total victory' you mention is unlikely. And an early victory for ANY block is even more unlikely.

Even last round the Titans/LDK/Virus grouping did not walk all over the rest of the universe. It certainly wasn't one way traffic. Fury was alive and kicking and I seem to recall pe0ns coming on here at the premature end of the round claiming Titans/LDK/Virus were about to be cnutted by a 'grand alliance'. Whether it would have happened or not is another matter!

VOM doesn't even have the capacity that the Titans/LDK/Virus group had! Ofc its not in your interests as an alleged HC in the WEE block to admit that!

Your own WEE (Wolfpack, Elysium, Eclipse (Fury)) block has at least as much potential as VOM! Altho again it's in your interests to underplay this.

IMO I think stagnation is very unlikely this round FULLSTOP.

If it is going to occur then I think the best chance of it happening (conjecture ofc) would be if WEE continue allying with everyone they can get their hands on to try and kill VOM quickly as happened to NoCex R5 and NewX R7. Once they do this they would then kill off the junior partners in the coalition with no one left to fight them effectively - Fury style!

Oops shudn't have said that. Ofc I know that Eclipse is nothing like Fury and that Fury never did anything like that anyway. Silly me! I apologise in advance.

Now Zh|l u seem a nice fella and I know how loyal you are to your alliances so I expect you to continue to peddle the line about big evhul VOM going to eat your babies etc. - because it is in your interest and because u r prolly enjoying the boot being on the other foot for once ;-)

But please don't respond to this post with another of your line by line dissections. They are really boring to respond to and a particular bastard if (like me) you are not familiar with all that html stuff.

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:44   #42
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
Someone might point out that SKYY/Silver was merged into ViruS recently, so technically the block would be 4 alliances... I'm also hearing of some odd alliance called HD or something, pointing it out since I've heard their name in connection to VoM...

Afaik HD has absolutely no connections with VOM...although Aneu did try

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:46   #43
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
omg rofl I just realised you were that n00b that kept getting pissed off when I was sector scanning u last round (and the OB attacks for much of the round :>)

/me runs around giggling

*giggles*
________
Weed

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:48   #44
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
omg rofl I just realised you were that n00b that kept getting pissed off when I was sector scanning u last round (and the OB attacks for much of the round :>)

/me runs around giggling

*giggles*
Pissed off no - amused yes!

/me recalls I invited you for tea and cakes

/me also recalls that you never actually took a roid from me -despite frequent attempts

Please make sure everyone knows ur planet addy early again this round...It is always nice to know u r being attacked by a PA celeb like u!

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:52   #45
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
/me recalls I invited you for tea and cakes

/me also recalls that you never got a roid from me despite frequent attempts

I swear I got an OB tick on you the first time I attacked thats why you were so angus

heh

and im not playing PA anymore, rl (uni + gf > pa)

nor was I sposed to play last round (but addiction owned me
________
Nitro

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:54   #46
Hardin

Quote:
I swear I got an OB tick on you the first time I attacked thats why you were so angus

heh
Hehe no u didnt - sorry u must have got someone else - as far as I remember no one in 26:2 lost a single roid after week 3

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 11:57   #47
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Plea

Quote:
Why are you even playing then if you feel like that?
Hell, I dont have a problem with a good fight. Do I think I will win? Hardly. Do I think my alliance will win. Maybe. Will I have fun? Hell yeah!

Quote:
I think i ts already been stated that VOM arent being targeted by two blocks for countless amounts of times today.
But they will if VOM get too strong. Thats my point. Hopefully same will happen if SWEETies get too strong.

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 12:09   #48
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
ahh...

I should of seen this thread before I posted in WebAngels thread Necro... And we are saying the exact same thing.. So I do indeed wholeheartedly agree..

Tesla
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 12:15   #49
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Im going to attack somebody with lots of roids....

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 12:22   #50
Hardin

Quote:

and im not playing PA anymore, rl (uni + gf > pa)

I am honestly gutted...as is always sad for me when the 'greats' leave :-(

Surely you can get a planet and half play it at least it would give us a chance to roid u

U could join up with Eclipse and ur old pal Zh|l - I am sure he would love to have you back and I seem to recall u were #1 planet last time u two teamed up.

BTW - do u ever sleep? News - scanning u last round seemed to indicate that you don't!

Anyway this is completely off topic!