User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:02   #1
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
I so love #planetarion

power players

[IRC Logs are not allowed -Leshy]

I FEAR THESE PEOPLE - SAVE ME!!!!!!!

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics

Last edited by Leshy; 13 Jan 2003 at 13:14.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:03   #2
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
[IRC Logs are not allowed -Leshy]

i wish people would stop demeaning lol.

lol

#phnx

Last edited by Leshy; 13 Jan 2003 at 13:14.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:06   #3
supergemz
r0x0r

supergemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Moderator close this thread pls, I dun see any need for this to be discussed. fs.

#gemz
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:10   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
naghty boy Cryptic

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:17   #5
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you have to do to get the 'honour' of #planetarion ops anyway? Just kiss serious backside and prove your 'n00bness' or something more?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:27   #6
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
What do you have to do to get the 'honour' of #planetarion ops anyway? Just kiss serious backside and prove your 'n00bness' or something more?
thats about it.

/me promotes ops for ex #1 planets and gcs
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:30   #7
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it has less to do with 'n00bishness' than it does gender :/
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:40   #8
supergemz
r0x0r

[If you don't behave, the only thing getting deleted will be your board account -Leshy]

#gemz

Last edited by Leshy; 13 Jan 2003 at 15:55.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:41   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
In my case, be online 12+ hours per day, be able to answers people's questions about the game/payment/updates/etc, and most importantly, have common sense .

A2 is rather good though, if he's still an op (came on when I left, so not sure).

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:42   #10
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

the silly litte fat girl is throwing a wobbler - tape down the orniments , the shock wave might be expensive

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:51   #11
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by supergemz
[Something which I removed -Leshy]
Ooooooh did someone touch a nerve hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
In my case, be online 12+ hours per day, be able to answers people's questions about the game/payment/updates/etc, and most importantly, have common sense .

A2 is rather good though, if he's still an op (came on when I left, so not sure).
Still makes me wonder about some of the other ops tho

Last edited by Leshy; 13 Jan 2003 at 15:56.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 06:53   #12
Maddix
Imposter?

Btw if Cryptic's point was to why a someone is given #planetarion ops when they have admitted being a cheat while playing, it is a pretty good one.

Not that I care, her reaction is far more entertaining

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 07:24   #13
Cochese
Retired

Well it's a perfectly valid point. #Planetarion ops not only are responsible for maintaining the channel in good order, they are the "face" of Planetarion on IRC.

When new people come onto the network, and go into #planetarion (the obvious choice when the game is called Planetarion, eh?) they expect the ops to be knowledgeable about the game, community, etc.

Having known or self-admitted cheaters acting as the "face" of Planetarion in their flagship channel is...not good public relations/customer service procedure to say the least.

Take it up with Mushroom though; he's the official channels manager, and a very nice, reasonable person.

Gemz was always "chatty" with the various PA Team people in there, while I was on op...one might say "suck up", but as I don't know the specifics as to how Gemz became an op, I can't really comment beyond what I experienced firsthand.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 07:29   #14
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Killmark for channelop ? eh ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 07:52   #15
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been waiting for a thread like this to wake up to.

Cryptic, any chance of getting a timetag on that? Wouldn't mind reading the log as amusement at work.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:13   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
pøh

Im just wondering.

Kloopy is a creator etc.

he is supposed to b working 'full stop' on coding acording to zeus.

yet to me he seems to spend most of his time talking to 'GemZ`', and other ppl in #planetarion.

nice one thou Cryptic
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:21   #17
xsploit

oi
leave her alone or you will feel the wrath of a mad cow
biatch

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:25   #18
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Neither Gemz or Killmark have ops in #planetarion. All of the OPs do however have a decent knowledge of the game and community.

Noone has to 'suck up' to be a 'friend' of the OPs. There just happen to be a few 'regulars' that we talk to alot more than others and get to know. Its no different to the alliances channels you hang out in.

Oh, and do you want Round 10 to be coded without first being planned? Because I personally would prefer to do this properly, and besides, the servers aren't ready until the 17th.

Kloopy
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:28   #19
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
Neither Gemz or Killmark have ops in #planetarion.

My mistake, I apparently misunderstood Cryptic's original post.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:31   #20
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
i think im the only op there that believes gemz should be permanently ban'd , i think many of them still get exicited about talking to a girl*

* When i discuss GemZ as a girl i am only assuming this fact as the pictures i have seen of her prove inconclusive
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:37   #21
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

gemz is not an op - but her threats where becuase she is "friends" with kloopy - if these are the sort of friends so called creaters are associateing with ........
she seemingly feels its fine to swear on the boards and on irc
i was told to eat s*** and she used f**** misspelt on here ... but due to the way things have been run within pa for so long feels immune to rules that apply to "lesser" community memebrs - ie people not "friends" with opers and admin.

Its always been my ascertion that alot of problems with pa's development , both community and game dynamic wise , was the many people who seem to get input into the creative pot simply because they were "friends" with a particular crew member.

while "talking" to gems, she commented on being a friend of kegers - someone who duped the majority of the pa community into beleiveing he was dead - with all the channel and board condolences and tagged to go with it.

Its these little muppets that simply chat ( *cough* ) there way into a popular postion of either a crew member or into the circle of pa crew member chat.
Its long been the case - there have been examples of admins girlfriends getting admin - even though they are neither wualified or mature enough.
Pa players with virtually no skill or talent getting their voices heard over others - with irc admins , board mods and crew comming the their defence should anyone raise an issue with them.

There are some reasonably good admins , mods , and pa workerts out there - but there are others who basically arenlt proffesioanl enough and favour nepotism - which brings the game into disrepute , and possible dammages the dymnamics of the game itself.

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:38   #22
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

I think i like djcomplex now :/
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:41   #23
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
dont feed the animals avie, theres signs, ffs, SIGNS
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:43   #24
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
w00t

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic
gemz is not an op - but her threats where becuase she is "friends" with kloopy - if these are the sort of friends so called creaters are associateing with ........
i was told to eat s*** and she used f**** misspelt on here ... but due to the way things have been run within pa for so long feels immune to rules that apply to "lesser" community memebrs - ie people not "friends" with opers and admin.

Its always been my ascertion that alot of problems with pa's development , both community and game dynamic wise , was the many people who seem to get input into the creative pot simply because they were "friends" with a particular crew member.

while "talking" to gems, she commented on being a friend of kegers - someone who duped the majority of the pa community into beleiveing he was dead - with all the channel and board condolences and tagged to go with it.

Its these little muppets that simply chat ( *cough* ) there way into a popular postion of either a crew member or into the circle of pa crew member chat.
Its long been the case - there have been examples of admins girlfriends getting admin - even though they are neither wualified or mature enough.
Pa players with virtually no skill or talent getting their voices heard over others - with irc admins , board mods and crew comming the their defence should anyone raise an issue with them.

There are some reasonably good admins , mods , and pa workerts out there - but there are others who basically arenlt proffesioanl enough and favour nepotism - which brings the game into disrepute , and possible dammages the dymnamics of the game itself.
)) i fully agree with u

i also agree with Djcomplex 100%
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:44   #25
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
i think im the only op there that believes gemz should be permanently ban'd , i think many of them still get exicited about talking to a girl*
* When i discuss GemZ as a girl i am only assuming this fact as the pictures i have seen of her prove inconclusive
And with comments like that, you must be the most friendly and welcoming OP the channel has ever seen.

'Heh'
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:49   #26
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
And with comments like that, you must be the most friendly and welcoming OP the channel has ever seen.

'Heh'
perhaps, but atleast with some integrity and who wouldnt let my personal friendships hamper the "job" i would be performing
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:51   #27
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
<snip>
First Hicks, now Cryptic

I'm not gonna have anyone left to argue with by R10
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:52   #28
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Quote:

I completely agree, in some cases there have been people given admin access or OPs for who they know (and probably what they do to those people )

However, that is very rare and besides, I like to think that I'm not one of them. It seems Gemz being a 'friend' of mine has blown out of proportion. I'm 'friends' with many people who chat in #planetarion and I dont give anyone special treatment or allowance to swear, or break any of the channel rules. I've never asked for access in places, I believe that it should be offered. I'd expect others to wait if they are going to be 'promoted' rather than suck up.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:52   #29
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Quote:

'Heh'
A heart-on-sleeve approach is maybe more appreciated than the usual follow-the-crowd-cause-we-don't-dare-make-up-our-own-mind - approach

Some controversy never goes wrong
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:57   #30
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Quote:
perhaps, but atleast with some integrity and who wouldnt let my personal friendships hamper the "job" i would be performing
You have no clue what so ever. Heh. You're rarely in the channel, so you've had no chance to get to know me. Please don't make this personal.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:57   #31
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
I completely agree, in some cases there have been people given admin access or OPs for who they know (and probably what they do to those people )

However, that is very rare and besides, I like to think that I'm not one of them. It seems Gemz being a 'friend' of mine has blown out of proportion. I'm 'friends' with many people who chat in #planetarion and I dont give anyone special treatment or allowance to swear, or break any of the channel rules. I've never asked for access in places, I believe that it should be offered. I'd expect others to wait if they are going to be 'promoted' rather than suck up.
would it not be a good idea to tell gemz and any others not to expect any special treatment - and that they should not try to impress or threaten other community members with your name ... ie causing you the problems of this thread etc.

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:06   #32
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Quote:
would it not be a good idea to tell gemz and any others not to expect any special treatment - and that they should not try to impress or threaten other community members with your name ... ie causing you the problems of this thread etc.
I think that anyone who's trying to suck up to me personally, should have worked that out by now, by the fact that they aren't getting any closer to special treatment that the people who join the channel for their first time.

But I'm sure anyone affected by this thread will have a link to it passed to them at some point and they will have the fact confirmed when the read it.

Matt
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:08   #33
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
You have no clue what so ever. Heh. You're rarely in the channel, so you've had no chance to get to know me. Please don't make this personal.

lol no chance to get too know you, how quickly you forget how it was me and Zippy who got you into the Team
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:14   #34
decoy

Quote:
Pa players with virtually no skill or talent getting their voices heard over others - with irc admins , [..] comming the their defence should anyone raise an issue with them.
If you really have examples of this, it would be nice if you had a little chat with our nice and professional charge d'affairs - Mong, or [email protected] :-)

IRC admins are supposed to sit on their ass and idle all day (as I do), not run around to defend no-goods.

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:27   #35
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Quote:
lol no chance to get too know you, how quickly you forget how it was me and Zippy who got you into the Team
Actually, it was Tzikas who was advertising for PHP coders for the PAToolkit, for the round 5/6 portal. I applied, had a quick chat to him and got the job. A while later, Beefy needed some help on the full portal project, and invited me to code some of the actual portal.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:28   #36
Sigi
Bunny Lover

Sigi is an unknown quantity at this point
LoL, Cryptic don't be so jealous ... we all know that you are one of the best players; don't care about admin/ops or other crap.
Its not even worth the energy to mock about it.

N.B. you still have ops in #Fury, don't u? Or has Jeannie kicked you for giving her again your dirty kecks
--
Greetings & peace, Sigi
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:59   #37
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
Actually, it was Tzikas who was advertising for PHP coders for the PAToolkit, for the round 5/6 portal. I applied, had a quick chat to him and got the job. A while later, Beefy needed some help on the full portal project, and invited me to code some of the actual portal.
actually i met you on an alliance basis, i saw you could code so mentioned you to Zippy who then brought you into the AH team, where you proceeded to develope AH into what it is 2day and then "forgot" to give Zippy any credit at all

"oops"
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:11   #38
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
suck up is always the ebst metohd ^^
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:13   #39
supergemz
r0x0r

I don't see that it is necessary to justify myself. Everyone can say whatever they want bad about me, cos at the end of the day, well you're just some dude sitting at a computer somewhere in the world, and you're not like a neighbour in my street, so well I'm not going to worry about it. Cos, at the end of the day, YOU ppl trying to say inappropiate things are the wrong ones.

And, I can be friends with whoever I like, whether it is an Aussie dude, a Yank, a dead person, a game creator, an Eskimo, some n00b at a Star Wars game, ANYONE, and vice versa. No1 can choose my friends for me, and my real friends, are my friends back, and the rest of you, well I will just let you get on with ya lives and do what you like, and if it includes insulting me or trying to hurt my friends by saying things like some stuff djcomplex said, well, fine, be a loser, cos at the end of the day, the insulting person gets the worst of it, and the insulted person is stronger, and they know who their REAL friends are.

#gemz
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:19   #40
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
at the end of the day
is this your favourite converstational piece ?

plus , thats , one , of , the , longest , sentences , I , have , seen , in , a , post.

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:24   #41
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
i meant some1 else will ban u ya prattt now FUKCING SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN N DELETE IT OR ILL MAKE IT SO BAD IT'LL HAVE TO BE DELTEDFf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!£

Quote:
YOU ppl trying to say inappropiate things are the wrong ones.

oh the irony

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:33   #42
supergemz
r0x0r

Hush, they are seperate posts, and who says these forums have to be used only if ya know good English? :| stop trying to critisize meh!

#gemz
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:36   #43
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Quote:
actually i met you on an alliance basis, i saw you could code so mentioned you to Zippy who then brought you into the AH team, where you proceeded to develope AH into what it is 2day and then "forgot" to give Zippy any credit at all

"oops"
Wrong again. I was never on the old AH team. It got to the point where nothing was happening with AH so I showed what I had of my alliances website to Zeus and he gave me permission to continue coding that as Alliance Hosting.

If you count that the old AH team was sitting around doing nothing about coding it, allowing me to slip in, then yes, you did help me get the job.

You never had anything to do with me, or getting me 'in'. I might be persuaded that Zippy said something to Zeus without me knowing, hes a decent guy.

As for the whole thing about who came up with the ideas for AH. Zippy and I and the other admins did have many brain storm sessions. But the VAST majority of ideas came from the users of AH anyway. But thats besides the point, theres only so many ideas that can come up for a PA alliance website.

And I have always given credit to people who deserve it. Always. If you had ever used AH, you'd realise that all of the admins were credited, lots. Not just Zippy, but therealmig, Heartless, Woody, Watto etc all did a fantastic job with AH admining and ideas and made everything work as a whole. (I'm really sorry if I missed anyone, heh)
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:37   #44
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Quote:
Originally posted by decoy
If you really have examples of this, it would be nice if you had a little chat with our nice and professional charge d'affairs - Mong, or [email protected] :-)

IRC admins are supposed to sit on their ass and idle all day (as I do), not run around to defend no-goods.
tis mostly historic cases mr jumpers

Crypto Inc Comics
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:51   #45
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
The #planetarion ops are, for the most part, a complete disgrace to PA. They're not PA people, they're NetGamers people - I'd be surprised if many of them really knew anything much about the game, let alone having any kind of respect within the community. They don't help the game, they're rude to people who have legitimate questions to ask, and seem to be on a stupid power trip.

Why they have ops in there at all is a mystery to me, I can only assume it involved a lot of sucking up, because it certainly doesn't involve any skill, talent or suitability to the job they do.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:59   #46
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I never thought I'd say this, but there has to be a first time for everything.

Pld Cryptic

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:59   #47
supergemz
r0x0r

You clearly know nothing. Most of the ops help out with the portal, and then there is Mit with his PA Tools, the creators, and well the channel manager Mushroom is doing a good job and I'm sure he knows what he is doing. Show some respect effess.

#gemz

Last edited by supergemz; 13 Jan 2003 at 11:39.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:03   #48
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Show some respect effess.
Excuse me? Since when did being a channel op mean someone deserves respect? All it means is that they have a job to do.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:08   #49
supergemz
r0x0r

Everyone deserves respect

#gemz
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:14   #50
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Everyone deserves respect
No, everyone starts out deserving to be treated with respect then they lose that right. I generally avoid #planetarion because it's very cliquey and in terms of what the channel is there for that's a very very bad thing. This isn't meant to be a criticism of the ops but more the atmosphere of the whole channel.
das blinkenlights!!!
Closed Thread