User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 3 Jan 2003, 13:21   #1
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
Announcing Impulsed.net

Dear all

i thought i'd bring to your attention a new web/shell hosting company that has just gone live today!

The company has been three months in the making for setup and testing, and we're confident that most of the bugs are now ironed out (unlike other startups that seem to find customers first, and setup the server second..)

Our aim is to provide superior quality and customer service whilst keeping our prices competitive and as such, the signup process includes a phone call from a representitive (the aim is within 24 hours of the signup) which we hope will give you the customer confidence that theres a human at the other end, and that any questions can be answered in person.

The four guys that are behind it are all well known on the netgamers network and experts in what we do, and we feel we're equipped to deal with any problems that may arise.

For the ircer's amongst you, we currently have 20 vhosts for public use and the same amount of ip addresses for private usage by our customers.

I invite you to take a look at our services at www.impulsed.net and if you have any queries, please come to #impulsed on the netgamers irc network where we're aiming to keep people there for support initially more hours a day than not.

Thanks for listening

Slidey

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 13:35   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I like what I've seen so far, looking forward to dealing with Impulsed.net in the future : )

XtoTheZ,
"happy customer"
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 14:20   #3
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
unable to highlight text = bad
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 16:10   #4
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
ive got some hosting with them and its been great so far a big recommendation from me!
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 20:00   #5
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
*cough*

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 13:57   #6
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
unable to highlight text = bad
Well i can highlight so **** off :-p
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 14:07   #7
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
you can now.
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 00:45   #8
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
you can now.
outrage!
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 13:32   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I like Slidey. Cos he knows his stuff and he's dedicated.

Although I dunno how many times I had to g:line him a year or so ago

Anyway, if he's involved I recommend it.

Btw, the site has issues... missing content and accessibility probs. Making sites accessible to the blind is actually a niche ppl should exploit!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 13:44   #10
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I like Slidey. Cos he knows his stuff and he's dedicated.

Although I dunno how many times I had to g:line him a year or so ago

Anyway, if he's involved I recommend it.

Btw, the site has issues... missing content and accessibility probs. Making sites accessible to the blind is actually a niche ppl should exploit!

M.
not making sites accessible to the blind is technically illegal under UK law, but considering the uk governement doesn't make it's own sites accessible for such groups - I'm not going to worry too much.
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 13:49   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I need some webhosting too.... I'm tired of the usual geocities crap and I only have a few megs disk quota for my broadband account. And I want my own domain name.

Do you lot do Dutch people? Else can anyone give recommendations for what I most likely need from a webhost or which features are recommendable?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 14:17   #12
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
Error, no content found!

Use the navigation bar to your right to resolve this problem.

ITS ON TEH LEFT
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 15:13   #13
Cocaine

I've been hosted by impulsed since the beginning of time and have had no problems at all
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 20:20   #14
Plug
eyes are everywhere

Plug is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
I need some webhosting too.... I'm tired of the usual geocities crap and I only have a few megs disk quota for my broadband account. And I want my own domain name.

Do you lot do Dutch people? Else can anyone give recommendations for what I most likely need from a webhost or which features are recommendable?
Structural Integrity I am sure that something can be arranged for the Dutch problem. If you would like to visit #impulsed and talk with an op we can try and sort something.

Thank you,

Plug

Last edited by Plug; 11 Jan 2003 at 18:46.
Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 20:55   #15
Idi

how gay is that :/
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:09   #16
Cocaine

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
how gay is that :/
?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:19   #17
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Grrrr!

On your contact page, the form doesn't work! Why? Because there's no <form> tag!!!

So...

"Hi, I'm considering using you for a small job I have, but you make no mention of whether email redirection / pop accounts are provided in the price? Or if it can be at an additional cost?"

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:33   #18
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
I have informed them of their error.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:37   #19
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Grrrr!

On your contact page, the form doesn't work! Why? Because there's no <form> tag!!!

So...

"Hi, I'm considering using you for a small job I have, but you make no mention of whether email redirection / pop accounts are provided in the price? Or if it can be at an additional cost?"

M.
responded via irc.