User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:00   #51
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
can someone explain this to me then if LDK/Titans is not 'god, king and ruler' of the universe atm?
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:05   #52
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Titans/LDK are winning. If the round ended tomorrow, they would be declared 'winners'. But, then again, if round 6 had stopped a month earlier then Xeta would have been 'winners'. It's also arguable that if round 6 had ended 2 months earlier, FLVT would have been 'winners'.

None of this matters, only the end of round rankings

There's no point in pretending Titans/LDK aren't winning, only the most boneheaded of zealots would believe that. For the other alliances, what matters is preventing absolute Titans/LDK victory, because once that has happened, the competition (and therefore, for many, the only reason to keep playing) is over.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:31   #53
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad

PA is ephemeral, so the current lay of the land is far fromover yet :-)

And when FAnG wins the round and takes over the universe you will all be eating humble pie....

(NB: This is humour so please no snotty remarks)
it isnt humor when you deliberately state it is humor, then it is sad.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:31   #54
Neo
Pony

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting...

Still awaits HC anouncements tho. Or perhaps us peons will just be given targets that contains Titans/LDK/virus planets, and close to the end they will tell us we've been working together all alone .

PS - Im elysium peon if anybody wonders
....yes and proud..etc
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:43   #55
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad

I have to state it to stop the drongo's from taking it in the litteral sense. But your right its sad I have to explain humour because of the incessant flaming I receive.
indeedillydee

anyhow i am off roiding piggybackers of the mainwave on 26:9
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:46   #56
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Who are attacking 26:9?

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)

Last edited by Jay-Em; 25 Nov 2002 at 15:53.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:49   #57
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

i also see fury :S
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:50   #58
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay-Em
Who are attacking them(26:9)?
at least LDK, Titans and WP...
If you are referring back to 'them' as to some alliance from earlier in this post than please quote that so we all understand to whom your are referring.

hAl
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:53   #59
Jay-Em
#dragons

:P

r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 15:54   #60
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Let's make it simple, Titans/LDK/Virus is confirmed as a block. No rumours just facts. They attack anything that isn't Titans/LDK/Virus. So that is Fury/Fang/Nos/Wp/Ely/Rah/hirr/TFD/ND/ToT and some others. So it's Tit & CO vs the others. Not all alliance's will focus on hitting Titans/LDK/Virus back, but you don't have to be a block to create "the other side"

Thunder
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:02   #61
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball
Let's make it simple, Titans/LDK/Virus is confirmed as a block. No rumours just facts. They attack anything that isn't Titans/LDK/Virus. So that is Fury/Fang/Nos/Wp/Ely/Rah/hirr/TFD/ND/ToT and some others. So it's Tit & CO vs the others. Not all alliance's will focus on hitting Titans/LDK/Virus back, but you don't have to be a block to create "the other side"
sounds the most plausable explanation..

and if were hitting 26:9, why am i defending someone in there?
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:03   #62
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Thunder

Lets say : we shoot at anything that moves, unless it's a fluffy white kitten with a paralysed back leg on the right side and a ginger spot around the nose.

According to your theory, that makes every alliances that does this, a side.

I guess this is where you either retract your theory or admit your idea of the actual 'sides' now is wrong.
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:04   #63
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada

sounds the most plausable explanation..

and if were hitting 26:9, why am i defending someone in there?
you are defending |DeviL| while for instance cypher is attacking Tyrion.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:05   #64
Jay-Em
#dragons

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion

Tyrion will survive!! \o/
He earns his place on top... at last.

Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:07   #65
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:09   #66
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay-Em

Tyrion will survive!! \o/
He earns his place on top... at last.
he will lose his roids tho.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:12   #67
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha1975

Lets say : we shoot at anything that moves, unless it's a fluffy white kitten with a paralysed back leg on the right side and a ginger spot around the nose.

According to your theory, that makes every alliances that does this, a side.

I guess this is where you either retract your theory or admit your idea of the actual 'sides' now is wrong.
as far as I'm concerned you're the "other side" Avie (ie not mine heh you can have your own name if you wish, 'valiant crusader of idividuality' or something more poetic, but I doubt it would stop incomming from "my side" )

it's a bit simplistic his view point admittdly, but it's one of the few things that has made sense in this thread thus far

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:14   #68
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hate incorrectness, specially on these boards.

Unless you can say 100% accurate things, you shouldn't post here imo heh.

And yes i most surely consider you my other side, tell asmo i mean it purely in a platonic way tho
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:38   #69
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion

funny thing is i'm deffing |devil|| aswell:P

*correction* i WAS deffing him...as it was covered and therefore i could recall:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:40   #70
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie

*correction* i WAS deffing him...as it was covered and therefore i could recall:P
i havent read the newsie, only parsed it.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:44   #71
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Ahhh Sorry Avie I hit the fluffy white Kitten this morning on an OB attack...it now has a torn ear.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:45   #72
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Toop
Where is SL in all of this?

They are pulling the strings on both sides ofc
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:46   #73
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:

When a gal gets both hostile and friendly incomings from the same sides it seems fairly easy to cover most targets very well. Attacking a gal that ways seems a hopeless course.

hAl
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:58   #74
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Let's make it simple, Titans/LDK/Virus is confirmed as a block. No rumours just facts. They attack anything that isn't Titans/LDK/Virus.
That's incorrect. We target people who are hostile to us, mostly Fury and Fang so far. To my knowledge there has not been an official raid from one of our BG's on a non-Fury/FAnG target for a long, long time.

Alliances who are neutral are free to do as they wish as we have no problem whatsoever with them. The problem arises when one of these neutral alliances gets annoyed by one of their members being roided by one of ours, and tries to get pay back.

As far as I can see, it is entirely up to the neutral alliances whether they want to step into the firing line with 4 weeks left, or whether they want to stay out of it and hope that stagnation doesn't completely kick in (which it won't) resulting in them being targetted too.

I would personally take much more pleasure in bashing Fury for the remainder of the round than starting on a new alliance. We may very well be in the leading position at the moment but we have not won anything yet, as anyone with half a brain would realise, but we didn't get where we are by twiddling our thumbs either.

We got hostiles from all alliances, of course we do, it's part of the game, but we haven't targetted any alliance 'in full' other than Fury and FAnG*, despite what some alliances think.

* We haven't targetted FAnG the last week or so since their problems arose.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:06   #75
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
* chuckles *
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:08   #76
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
bah... I knew this days ago and wanted to break to AD =(

too slow
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:11   #77
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
And the round has been interesting since day 1.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:17   #78
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thunder
Don't forget Cows and KoN. hirr has been working with them (sort of a nap with maybe 2 shared attacks all round).

It seems that this is not about powerblocking anymore and that this is about the balance of power. If Titans/LDK/Virus are left unchecked, the next few weeks of PA will be a bloodbath.

Hopefully this will give Titans / LDK the much needed competition going into the final lap and keep interest up.

You can't look at this as blocking, you can only look at it as trying to achieve balance now.

Even if Titans / LDK win it, they certainly don't want a cakewalk throught the last month. This should be seen as doing them a favour.

: )

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:23   #79
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Theres Vision and Ministry aswell
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:26   #80
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Duke Leto

Even if Titans / LDK win it, they certainly don't want a cakewalk throught the last month. This should be seen as doing them a favour.

Leto
Sometimes others know what is the best for you, even if it hurts

but funny topic and funny thread, Osama bin Laden was also in the channel amonst some other famous and hated ppl.

PLD titans propaganda, tho i miss scouse abit in it, is he ill ? my best wishes to him.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:26   #81
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I just hate incorrectness, specially on these boards.

Unless you can say 100% accurate things, you shouldn't post here imo heh.

And yes i most surely consider you my other side, tell asmo i mean it purely in a platonic way tho
we should just delete our board accounts now then

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:31   #82
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road
Re: _Finally_ the round gets interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
[16:12] <|Darky|> juppz, we have an agreement with Fury and NoS

[16:12] <|Darky|> we won´t hit each other and only concentrate on hitting titans/ldk/Virus

[16:18] <|Darky|> it´s Fury/Fang/WP/Ely/ToT/NoS on our side

lets get this going
perhaps you should ask this allys if they really join such an Powerblock! Im pretty sure that FAnG wont join! and ToT has no agreements with NoS/Ely/WP atm! so be careful what you are telling to other people!
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:40   #83
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy

we should just delete our board accounts now then

Every single user even
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:58   #84
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: _Finally_ the round gets interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonnenbomber

perhaps you should ask this allys if they really join such an Powerblock! Im pretty sure that FAnG wont join! and ToT has no agreements with NoS/Ely/WP atm! so be careful what you are telling to other people!
i got sent a log with what looked like a WP hc hour , that was one of the annoucements in it

*shrugs*
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 18:13   #85
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Don't forget Cows and KoN. hirr has been working with them (sort of a nap with maybe 2 shared attacks all round).

It seems that this is not about powerblocking anymore and that this is about the balance of power. If Titans/LDK/Virus are left unchecked, the next few weeks of PA will be a bloodbath.

Hopefully this will give Titans / LDK the much needed competition going into the final lap and keep interest up.

You can't look at this as blocking, you can only look at it as trying to achieve balance now.

Leto
utterley pld, how it is, how it will be .. how it should be ..
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 18:21   #86
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Leto
Leto - I think this is underestimating the opposition that Titans/LDk already has. Fury certainly hasn't given up and they have been joined by strong elements of FAnG, Adelante and others...There is certainly no stagnation atm...but could be if everyone gangs up against Titans/LDK.

Just to reiterate: Posted by Scouse:
---------------
We target people who are hostile to us, mostly Fury and Fang so far. To my knowledge there has not been an official raid from one of our BG's on a non-Fury/FAnG target for a long, long time.
---------------

As Titans official targets are Fury/FAnG and they are intent on battling them then there is no real reason for other alliances to get involved. There are still lots of big Fury/FAnG targets in the Top 250 to keep Titans/LDK occupied.

If WP/Ely/Rah/NoS (or whoever) think they have a good chance of winning the round themselves and decide to bash Titans/LDK to achieve this objective then fairplay to them.

If however they are manipulated into attacking Titans/LDK simply as a spoiler to stop them making #1 - then that wud be sad...especially considering the treatment they have had at the hands of Fury in previous rounds.

So if you are a HC of an alliance considering joining the 'Stop Titans/LDK' campaign that has been initiated by Fury then think again. There is still four weeks to go in this round and plenty of time for you to improve the standing of your own alliance without doing Fury's dirty work...

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 18:58   #87
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Neo

PS - Im elysium peon if anybody wonders
....yes and proud..etc
I just wonder how anybody in Ely could possibly be proud when siding with Fury

(Or anybody in WP for that matter.)

Oh well, no matter how it goes, I sure hope you make sure no Fury planet is top10 at the end of the round...
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 19:12   #88
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
If WP/Ely/Rah/NoS (or whoever) think they have a good chance of winning the round themselves and decide to bash Titans/LDK to achieve this objective then fairplay to them.

If however they are manipulated into attacking Titans/LDK simply as a spoiler to stop them making #1 - then that wud be sad...especially considering the treatment they have had at the hands of Fury in previous rounds.

So if you are a HC of an alliance considering joining the 'Stop Titans/LDK' campaign that has been initiated by Fury then think again. There is still four weeks to go in this round and plenty of time for you to improve the standing of your own alliance without doing Fury's dirty work...

First of all, you should not use RaH in your example. The only way they made their way into this conversation at all was by people commending them for NOT joining in any sort of block-effort.

As for your "manipulated" idea . . . you do a great disservice to the HC's of the alliances mentioned by implying that they would be playing for something other than #1...but even if they are, I find it comical that you think they should prefer Titans/LDK winning to Fury winning. Ely and WP have been mistreated by Titans/LDK as surely as they have ever been mistreated by Fury. Ely was founded as an anti-Fury alliance, but it's not like Fury ever backstabbed them. The closest you can even consider is r5, in which the relations between the two were cool all along. Fury dropping Ely wasn't the backstab. Legion dropping Ely was. And as much as Titans say they felt bad for Ely, it's not as if they did anything to stop it. Even after Titans broke from Legion, over this issue, and others, they went crawling back to Legion for r6-7. So why should Ely prefer a Titans victory?

Now how about WP? Afaik, WP never really felt betrayed by Fury, even after the end of r5, because unlike Legion and Ely, Fury didn't really betray WP. They maintained their relations, even if the relationship became much more complicated. In r6, WP performed well agaisnt Fury, not to mention their block-associates, TITANS. In a round in which they were beaten by Fury, like say, r7, guess who was on Fury's side? Titans, at least until towards the end.

So finally, your little bit about improving standing without doing Fury's dirty work.....apparently you still subscribe to the theory that if Titans/LDK disappeared right now, that Fury would win the round. From what I hear, that's far from correct, and I wonder how long you will be able to keep people thinking that it IS correct.

I'll revise ALL of my statements here if you can give me ONE good reason why WP/Ely/or anyone else should prefer a Titans/LDK victory in r8 to a Fury one.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 19:34   #89
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin

Leto - I think this is underestimating the opposition that Titans/LDk already has. Fury certainly hasn't given up and they have been joined by strong elements of FAnG, Adelante and others...There is certainly no stagnation atm...but could be if everyone gangs up against Titans/LDK.

Just to reiterate: Posted by Scouse:
---------------
We target people who are hostile to us, mostly Fury and Fang so far. To my knowledge there has not been an official raid from one of our BG's on a non-Fury/FAnG target for a long, long time.
---------------

As Titans official targets are Fury/FAnG and they are intent on battling them then there is no real reason for other alliances to get involved. There are still lots of big Fury/FAnG targets in the Top 250 to keep Titans/LDK occupied.

For me, I advocated against the arrangement. Nothing against the good folks in WP/Ely Auld, but combining hirr Cows and KoN with it makes it quite unwieldy and a bit of a headache when it comes to attacking defending.

I also did not advocate against hitting Titans/LDK for I think there are better targets in the universe such as ViruS that our battlegroups could have handled on our own. It would be an aside from the main fight, but we would still be waging a war against a good alliance and it might have been good fun on both sides.

I refuse to acknowledge any other fealty to FanG or Fury atm, as our agreements are with WP/Ely Auld, and no one else.

But you have to take a look into the fold and see that at this time, if you want to really measure things out:

Fury FanG NoS

WP/Ely/Auld

hirr/cows/KoN

Against Titans/LDK and ViruS is hardly fair. But fairness never enters into the minds of generals on the battlefield, they look to overpower their enemy whenever possible insteand of providing a fair fight to test one's honour....

.... and I think this is what is happening here... a last ditch attempt for Fury to topple the triumvirate of Titans/LDK/ViruS.

I certainly hope WP/Ely/Auld realize that FanG Fury NoS would be no better overlords than Titans / LDK would, and have contingencies to shift gears back if momentum changes... I know that is something I keep in mind for hirr.

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 19:44   #90
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator

I'll revise ALL of my statements here if you can give me ONE good reason why WP/Ely/or anyone else should prefer a Titans/LDK victory in r8 to a Fury one.
Titans have never backstabbed anybody in the middle of the round?

Fury has:
- R3: Legion at the end of it
- R5: No matter now you put it, Fury+VtS backstabbed Ely+WP in a very ugly way, considering their domination of the round...
- R7: Titans (more of a diplomatic backstabbing, the actual war was just the consequence) and Virus (plain and simple, dropping their oldest ally like that, oh my...)

Now I know some people consider that kind of ruthlessness as commendable, but at least I consider it reason enough to never allow them victory of another round, at any cost...

And then you blame Titans allying with Fury for R6, while saying Fury are so nice and fair. Isn't that kind of contradictory...?
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:09   #91
Lord_Dain

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
might be to late tho...
titans/ldk/dta/virus have manipulated pa universe to long...
braindead
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:09   #92
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki

Titans have never backstabbed anybody in the middle of the round?

Fury has:
- R3: Legion at the end of it
- R5: No matter now you put it, Fury+VtS backstabbed Ely+WP in a very ugly way, considering their domination of the round...
- R7: Titans (more of a diplomatic backstabbing, the actual war was just the consequence) and Virus (plain and simple, dropping their oldest ally like that, oh my...)

Now I know some people consider that kind of ruthlessness as commendable, but at least I consider it reason enough to never allow them victory of another round, at any cost...

And then you blame Titans allying with Fury for R6, while saying Fury are so nice and fair. Isn't that kind of contradictory...?
That's a pretty poor reason, since in only one of your examples are the people being backstabbed by Fury actually the people in the alliances you are hoping to currently sway, and even in that ONE example, round 5, Ely and WP have little bitterness towards Fury, in my experience. As I argued, they should have just as much anger towards current Titans about r5 as they do to Fury.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:12   #93
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
ely has loads of bitterness for fury and add the adelante thingie to that:P heh
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:18   #94
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
ely has loads of bitterness for fury and add the adelante thingie to that:P heh
The bitterness they bear towards Fury is the bitterness they bear towards Furgion in general for stagnating and in general ruining PA for almost every round. Titans, being a part of Furgion both before and after it's split from Legion should be just as much a part of that bitterness as Fury.

As for adelante, let's not conflate anger with Storebo's jackassery with anger towards Fury.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:23   #95
Lord_Dain

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
Titans/LDK are winning. If the round ended tomorrow, they would be declared 'winners'. But, then again, if round 6 had stopped a month earlier then Xeta would have been 'winners'. It's also arguable that if round 6 had ended 2 months earlier, FLVT would have been 'winners'.

None of this matters, only the end of round rankings

There's no point in pretending Titans/LDK aren't winning, only the most boneheaded of zealots would believe that. For the other alliances, what matters is preventing absolute Titans/LDK victory, because once that has happened, the competition (and therefore, for many, the only reason to keep playing) is over.
Translation:

"We are manipulating the masses into believing Fury and Fang and Adelante got their assed kicked and LDK and Titans are the new and big evil. IT IS TRUE!! THERE IS NO DENYING! KILL THE EVIL FORCES!!"

Real agenda:

Try to set up WP and Ely against Titans and LDK, to use them as flak, making the war extremely unbalanced and in the favor of themselves, as ofc, something that can only be expected by the 'leet' politicians and manipulators that are FURY.

Fury, scum of the earth, copyright r1-r8

They pulled it off about every round now, and will TRY to do it again. Don't fall for it people.

LD
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:24   #96
Aramir

Quote:

For me, I advocated against the arrangement. Nothing against the good folks in WP/Ely Auld, but combining hirr Cows and KoN with it makes it quite unwieldy and a bit of a headache when it comes to attacking defending.

I also did not advocate against hitting Titans/LDK for I think there are better targets in the universe such as ViruS that our battlegroups could have handled on our own. It would be an aside from the main fight, but we would still be waging a war against a good alliance and it might have been good fun on both sides.

Leto
I advocate for preparations for some planetarion-farewell lemming runs

beware of the lemmings who say Ni!, m0000h and hirr

grtz,

Aramir
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:36   #97
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
blah blah etc etc rant this flame that spin this sentance
scare monger that alliance
quite simple people who know whats going on work to do things for there alliance's advantages.
its what makes good HC.
you hit our planets we hit yours has been cow's policy all round and hasent changed. at one time 1 alliance gave us 70% of our incs one night so we hit them the next. nothings changed and were still haveing fun.
4 more weeks
thats it peeps
then all this will come to a close
and to other games we move i suppose
this anger this hate
will not be continueing to propriate
the time is here its in our grasp
to end this game in a final task
end the bitterness end the dislike
realise that we're all equall on this hike
this trip we went on to play this game
which has given many 'pa' fame
was fun to play and enjoyable to watch
joke about this laugh at that alliances botch
in the end we had fun
which in the addition of this game is the sum
in this last round I can say we had a good time
its somewhat annoying to see people use theese boards to whine
so in the end upon our success you can depend
that the community spirit we will mend
be it hirr acid or lost who wins the round
we all fought with out weight pound for pound
if you enjoyed getting no sleep
then prehaps you made a good sheep
but as long as you had fun to play
then in planetarion you enjoyed your stay
who ever wins at the last tick
it'll be an intersting political trick
good luck to all peon or hc
i wonder if you had has as much fun in pa as we (we is cows)

good luck in the ensueing 4 weeks of fun
-Sir AD.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:17   #98
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Dain

Translation:

"We are manipulating the masses into believing Fury and Fang and Adelante got their assed kicked and LDK and Titans are the new and big evil. IT IS TRUE!! THERE IS NO DENYING! KILL THE EVIL FORCES!!"

Real agenda:

Try to set up WP and Ely against Titans and LDK, to use them as flak, making the war extremely unbalanced and in the favor of themselves, as ofc, something that can only be expected by the 'leet' politicians and manipulators that are FURY.

Fury, scum of the earth, copyright r1-r8

They pulled it off about every round now, and will TRY to do it again. Don't fall for it people.

LD
We pulled it off every round, thats funny. I can't remember Fury ever going for a PR rally to kill another alliance... but I can remember it happening to Fury alot. Actually almost every round has featured pr campaigns to set people up against Fury.

Now you are trying to convince us of things that can be disproven by anyone with any general knowledge of the games history. PLD
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 23:02   #99
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
originally posted by Hicks
Fury.

The day I'm asked to send any Fury fleets to defend a NoS member or on joint attacks with NoS members is the day I resign. It's quite interesting that Elysium have been included in your list if anything I was under the impression they retrenched to their old Anti Fury ethos. Then again I’m quite interested that anyone would take the “alleged” word of a Fury member as God’s honest truth.
Im offended fs:P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 23:30   #100
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad

good luck in the ensueing 4 weeks of fun
Sirad, happy X-Mas parties