User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 May 2003, 09:57   #1
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool [hcp]

As the disbandment process begins and email addresses of new friends are exchanged, I thought I would post a little story for those interested about a great group of people who quite possibly may have had more fun this round than anyone else. That includes Eclipse/ToT and their army of fence-sitting slaves which hail from virtually all other alliances.

Eclipse+ToT+Slaves had complete and total parallel domination in terms of score and roids but as far as I can tell they were severly outnumbered against "the enemy" in every single parallel. Cooperation amongst VVOMM/VRTX/NAR/Misc(IPC, Seraphim, ect ect ect) was to be the only chance of turning the tables this round.

A moment of desperation this round sparked an ambition in me to do all I could to unite the forces in P1 to serve as an anti-E/T/S task force. Already being midround made me extremely hesitant to even bother doing 'the impossible', which can be defined as getting 10 or more different alliances to cooperate with eachother and somehow managing to keep everyones' egos at bay. Beating E/T/S could never be defined as 'the impossible' compared to keeping non-E/T/S ego's from clashing

I took a huge gamble and went on with my what my gut was telling me I should do. Knowing I couldn't possibly divide my attention in several directions at one time I resigned my long-held HC position in NoS and walked away from the alliance entirely. I like to think of my actions as leaving on some sort of "missionary assignment", having every intention to do my part in anti-E/T/S resistence which would in theory benefit my beloved NoS, as well as every non-E/T/S alliance.

The next step was somehow convincing several friends in galaxy/parallel to join me on my crusade, particularly those who were compitent enough to take on any form of leadership position in a new parallel alliance. This was not easy, good Lord... so many of my own friends(mostly NoS) had pretty much thrown in the towel for Round 9 at this point. Rejuvinating the fighting spirit of my own people was almost an impossible task. The fact that I somehow convinced them to dive into a new shelter is almost as amazing as somehow having convinced VRTX/VVOMM/Misc to rejuvinate themselves and work with me!

When people hear you say 'Join the new parallel alliance' they automatically assume that *WAIT!*...I don't even have to tell you what people assume, as you know already how you would react. "Oh yay, another channel full of idlers who occasionally come to life when they need defense". Well that didn't happen, mysteriously enough...heh.

A recruiting channel was established to monitor irc activity for those interested in joining. Nobody got in without a minimum of 3 people joining from each galaxy, period. The very first founding galaxies were TheSmilies(40:1), Helix(32:1), and a galaxy full of complete VRTX strangers(14:1). 14:1 as well as several other galaxies(later) were attacked by us and did very well with in galaxy defense and/or retaliating on us. Asking them in a very friendly/non-taunting way to talk to us about joining forces had set the stage for what would eventually become a very modest but deadly arsenal.

Initially it was either impossible to contact any important people in VRTX/VVOMM or it was impossible to have any serious discussion with them about merging ourselves in parallel. An uncontrolleable frustration had resulted in us recruiting VVOMM/VRTX members and whole galaxies into HCP one by one with "E/T/S can't take us all on" as the main sales pitch.

It only took quite literally one or two VRTX members joining to finally get the full attention of VRTX Commanders in parallel. _are_/Soron/Caledan/Gerbie and several others were finally sitting at the discussion table. A few considerably brief PM's was all it took to realize we all wanted the same thing and we were all very flexible on how to go about doing it. Ego's were set aside and the proper expansion process had finally begun. I think the main frame of mind was "these guys don't have enough time left in the round to backstab us later on down the road, so we might as well all trust eachother!".

Without the support of VVOMM however, we were still struggling to cover defenses adequately. Non-E/T/S attacks on our parallel were the most counter-productive obstacles we faced while trying to reach our goals. CrazySpoon and I were playing PM-tag everyday for about a week. I'd go idle and he'd reply, then hours later I'd stop idling and he'd reply, fs...was very repetetive

The long awaited discussion with CS came at a perfect time. We had just launched ourfirst official HCP attack against a decent sized galaxy(this was a gal status we generated by pasting all our Launch Confirmations into a pool of HTML. Nothing to brag about to be honest though 22:1, like every galaxy we attacked had taken at least a slap in the face on 1 or 2 planets. CS had liked what he saw and finally VVOMM were officially approved to join the crusade.

From that point on our defenses could often be described as amazing considering how badly the odds were stacked against us. Whether it was turning 60+ mil fleet score in attackers away with hefty defense or very well done "red defense", we had countless victories defensively. Several nights there were 35 members online and we would have about 100 fleets flying in every direction. Countless E/T/S can probably testify to the considerably powerful resistence they saw when attacking in P1. We only defended actual HCP members and not their slacker galaxy-mates, so opinions may very on this.

Being a widely mixed group we managed to keep most non-E/T/S alliances from attacking any of our HCP galaxies. It was not a perfect system but more often than not we succeeded in keeping our focus on E/T/S and attacks became more and more aggressive every day as well as successes in the recruiting department. Everyone seemed very happy to meet such a broad variety of players from such different PA backgrounds.

Almost every galaxy we attacked after that was in the top 5 "Top OwNeD" or "Top Losing Galaxy" listing on Pilkara. Another few weeks of R9 and we'd have gotten ready to assault 15:1/21:1 on a planetary basis..taking 2 planets down everyday with eta 5 FI Blitz Attacks used to hunt fleets and swipe 1-2 ticks of rocks each time. We had about 1700k Fighters at our disposal and an about extra 175k each day at the time the 9.5 announcment came. Fleetcatching Valvalis, or Focht..or Germania ect...was not an unrealistic idea by any stretch of the imagination, and we all firmly believed it.

With Spinners typical bombshell style announcement we decided to go for one last piece of Glory Friday Morning at 08:55 gametime. We successfully made it through on several 20:1 planets and although they came out better ahead than we did, they saw us. And they can be the first ones to acknowledge precisely how at risk E/T/S was in this parallel had the game run it's expected course of 2000-2100 ticks. We sent a decent amount of ships at 20:1:1, seeing as 20:1 had sent maybe 600k or so ships to defend Focht(15:1) against what appeared to be hirr and their classic lemming run. A few small Xan CO fleets were sent to hit 20:1:1 and made to look like a suicide mission, not drawing much attention really. Then the FI's were unleashed the next tick and they simply couldn't defend it, or the following tick. The amount of eonium spent to defend that third tick alone could have probably been used to Fuel the entire Universe for a week That left #10 with no defense which is amazing considering DE's/FR's were sent to attack him.

We'd have eventually had it so that each one of our HCP galaxies had a 1.5 mil score Xandathrii planet sending 500 Vultures at 3 seperate planets in galaxies like 20:1, the the FI rush would guarantee no defense and our little tea-pot sized planets in each of our galaxies would be pulling in at least 1 tick of roids and often 2 ticks each time. Like 500 roids! Big gain! And the little roid sucker would be too small to face retaliation lol.

Anyways, we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. We faught side by side until the bitter end. We were the poster child for what every single parallel should have been doing to stunt the growth of E/T/S, and everyone of us kept saying it. "I wish our alliances would do this in every parallel!".

I'd just like to thank _are_, Soron, Caledan, CrazySpoon, and the outside-of-para alliance HC's that gave this project their full support, and all those I am forgetting DerDuke was my second in command and I'd also like to commend him for his hard work and also for not quitting the several times he tried to when 15:1 would slap his 9 mil score planet with 60 mil fleet score in incs. Many HCP members have personally thanked me for giving them a reason to login these last 3.5-4 weeks of HCp's existence. There is no need for that since it is I who should be thanking them for doing the same, and I am thanking you all...right.... now.

A final cheers to these fine warriors who set aside their differences/ego's and put a taste of "Old Planetarion" into the mouth of this veteran of 8 rounds.

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 10:08   #2
TheUnknown
Someone has to...

TheUnknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Go HCP!
Unread 17 May 2003, 10:31   #3
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
most interresting thread ive read in many weeks
Unread 17 May 2003, 10:44   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
unfortunatly it is to late but had that co-operation been spread throughout the other parralells then the rd would have had a different outcome,
here's to looking forward to rd 9.5/rd 10 with optimism
(if only i dont get killed as many times as this rd)

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 11:38   #5
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
the hinting of _are_, having an ego which made it hard to get the cooperation, is laughable
otherwise a nice story
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 11:39   #6
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I had my defence fleet fly around 4 or 5 times a day to help everyone.... we worked hard and worked together.. im proud I could join this parallel alliance

it was more then a parallel alliance.... we really worked together :P

cya
-Waku-

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 11:39   #7
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by Quad
the hinting of _are_, having an ego which made it hard to get the cooperation, is laughable
otherwise a nice story
Wasn't pointing out _are_ specifically, he was a complete joy to deal with. Discussions with him have actually led me to believe that if NoS disbanded today I'd likely be filling out a VGN application by tomorrow.

Unread 17 May 2003, 12:08   #8
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
yes, _are_ = god
and, if NoS disband, and u want to join VGN, (or just want to join VGN anyway) just gimme a pm on IRC
Unread 17 May 2003, 12:23   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Even though it wasn't to last long, I must say I congratulate you and your helpers on your accomplishments. I must say I was very sceptical about the use of an alliance like this. But we had fun. We did some nice things together. (For instance this one from my collection: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1866463584 )

Furthermore I'd like to congratulate hirr for their successfull lemming run (you even got to do some damage to a few BIG planets, they must have been pissed about it with the end so near). And thank them for the opportunity they gave us.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 12:41   #10
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
nice

nice post there very nice read indeed!
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:09   #11
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
Even though it wasn't to last long, I must say I congratulate you and your helpers on your accomplishments. I must say I was very sceptical about the use of an alliance like this. But we had fun. We did some nice things together. (For instance this one from my collection: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1866463584 )
wtf?

you looking at same br as me?, killing 1,3 mil and cap 12 roids aint actually the most awsome report i have seen
R5: 31:19:5 ViruS
R6: 1:5:8 ViruS
R7: 25:20:12 Virus Discworld
R8: 50:8:5 Adelante FaNG
R9: 12:8:1 [ToT] []LCH[] officer
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:12   #12
Stiegl
GTO HC

Stiegl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [hcp]

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
We sent a decent amount of ships at 20:1:1, seeing as 20:1 had sent maybe 600k or so ships to defend Focht(15:1) against what appeared to be hirr and their classic lemming run. A few small Xan CO fleets were sent to hit 20:1:1 and made to look like a suicide mission, not drawing much attention really. Then the FI's were unleashed the next tick and they simply couldn't defend it, or the following tick. The amount of eonium spent to defend that third tick alone could have probably been used to Fuel the entire Universe for a week
Tick 3
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:16   #13
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

To bad nobody did anything decent in my p...they only attacked us :P (smallish gal in p5)
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:18   #14
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Lan
wtf?

you looking at same br as me?, killing 1,3 mil and cap 12 roids aint actually the most awsome report i have seen

You didnt get the point here at all did you..it's not about great numbers, its about getting something done *at all* so late in the game.
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:48   #15
Gerbie
pe0n

That and we capped 42 roids that tick. More the tick after, but I didn't get the report since I pulled my pegs as there was nothing left for them to shoot at.
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:58   #16
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice thread indeed.
Unread 17 May 2003, 15:32   #17
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
You keep amazing me Pat
Unread 17 May 2003, 16:56   #18
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what PA should be about; fighting the odds and having a good time. Nice one p0ma and HCP
Unread 17 May 2003, 17:12   #19
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Quad
yes, _are_ = god
_are_ is ace, nuff said
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 17:59   #20
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
This is what PA should be about; fighting the odds and having a good time. Nice one p0ma and HCP
dito

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 18:35   #21
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts
"a galaxy full of complete VRTX strangers(14:1). 14:1 as well as several other galaxies(later) were attacked by us and did very well with in galaxy defense and/or retaliating on us."

Well, this "stranger" salutes you and everyone in HCP.

When speaking in terms of respect, friendship, GREAT defence and SUPERB low-eta/high-number FI attacks on (virtually) impossible targets , HCP is/was like VGN is ... and thats a BIG compliment for a cross-alliance anti-E/T resistance battle group.

Here Comes Payback !

Im sure we meet again in rnd9.5 and perhaps in rnd10.

Thanx for the FUN and playing the game how it is supposed to be played all !.

GlowDog
14:1:10, The Summit of Mount Everest
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 18:38   #22
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like good fun indeed, what pa is meant to be all about , a lot of the peeps who go inactive and moan when they are down can learn a v lot from this.

I still had fun though /me waves to 8:5...wheeeeeeeeeeee

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 18:54   #23
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Re: [hcp]

Quote:
Originally posted by Stiegl
Tick 3

Quote:
and although they came out better ahead than we did, they saw us.
Most of those were suicide bombers. Some were hirr believe it or not. I didn't even ask them to recall as it would have been a waste of time.

Unread 17 May 2003, 18:56   #24
Dreadnought!

Unread 17 May 2003, 19:03   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
wonder how you always manage to find such inventive replies dread.
Unread 18 May 2003, 07:02   #26
kiora
too orangy for crows

kiora is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Well it certainly put the fun back in the round.

Thanx for the hard work p0ma.

It meant the galaxy was able to get back in the top100

See you in 9.5

Kiora
Unread 18 May 2003, 07:59   #27
Dreadnought!

Who the hell are hcp

some n00b cluster alliance?

take your unsubstanciated ego somewhere else
Unread 18 May 2003, 08:04   #28
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Who the hell are hcp

who the hell is dreadnaught?

Some nerdy n00b always relying on his friends to get hm high?

take you oversized unsubstanciated ego somewhere else
Unread 18 May 2003, 08:11   #29
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx

word
Unread 18 May 2003, 09:37   #30
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx

Well Done! Atleast someone is telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth when reffering to dreadnaught

and _are_ is a 1st class bloke and ace HC

Madina
Unread 18 May 2003, 10:09   #31
DukePaul
Retired VGN

oi madina, I never see u around
start idling in #vgn or something, ok?
Unread 18 May 2003, 10:18   #32
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Who the hell are hcp

Hey idiot! This game doesnt solely revolve around you, did you know that? other ppl can have threads and talk about interesting things too....so go be interesting somewhere else you stupid n00b.
Unread 18 May 2003, 10:37   #33
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Good work p0ma.
The resistance you named was nice but 22:1 wasnt E/T
The most remarkable attack happend on 20:1 which was indeed nice setup.
Other gals in p1 had no such trouble.

I doubt you would have had a chance to hit 21:1 or 15:1 because fighter rushes is one thing, but as far as i know this game is about getting roids . And Eclipse/ToT ressources contained this round huge amounts of fighters. So its debateable if you would have taken down every day 1-2 planets, purely from the fact those planets would have run their fleets during your fighterwaves and recalled them right into the pods where outside support (ETA 6) would have been possible. Atleast this advice was given from my military officers a couple of times when "parablitzattacks" happend during this round.

Good luck to you next round, 2 bad we didnt happen to talk this round
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 10:55   #34
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Who the hell are hcp

Go take your oversized ego somewhere else, It's so big I can't see anything anymore.
Unread 18 May 2003, 13:18   #35
DerDuke

DerDuke is an unknown quantity at this point
yes we had fun...

yeah we had fun in HCP. It was a lot of work though and it would have been even more fun if they would not have stopped round so early.
I just wanted to thank p0ma for motivating me again and again and he is the best gal mate i ever played with.

DerDuke (40:1:7) :-D
DerDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 15:50   #36
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Good work p0ma.
Thanks Focht, I did it all you you baby! Wish we had those 500 more ticks to continue self-improving and growing, Everyday we were pulling in 2 or 3 more newly rejuvinated members.

Quote:
The resistance you named was nice but 22:1 wasnt E/T
Yes but they were not an easy nut for us to crack either heh. If you reviewed that url you saw we were stretching ourselves to the limit since 22:1 planets were twice the size of all our members. And it was a retaliation if memory serves correct

Quote:

I doubt you would have had a chance to hit 21:1 or 15:1 because fighter rushes is one thing, but as far as i know this game is about getting roids .
We'd have gotten lotsa roids doing these parablitz's but fleethunting would have been a trip in itself heh. 20:1 wasn't quite hit at full strength due to WP almost fecking everything up by attacking us. That took another massive chunk of ships out of the battle for us...grrr....oh well

Quote:
Good luck to you next round, 2 bad we didnt happen to talk this round
Same to you, I'm already preplanning our R10/11 strikes. My newest theory is that if we attack during the very first showing of Matrix3 in Europe, we'll easily get no defense. Just one of many theories though.

Unread 18 May 2003, 16:05   #37
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Same to you, I'm already preplanning our R10/11 strikes. My newest theory is that if we attack during the very first showing of Matrix3 in Europe, we'll easily get no defense. Just one of many theories though.

You sure you dont want to join eclipse ? you could be the ron brown of eclipse with such strategies
We could pay some money to the movie industry so they show their topsellers during our multiwaveroundwinningattacks, that would r0x0r!
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 17:37   #38
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
uuhm p0ma

thanks for saying Vom didnt participate in this....but as i remember right I joined u guys and helped u guys out a lot too, i got some Vision gals to join u too in the struggle against the big E/T P1 gals......so thanks for mentioning VoM didnt help u....
But maybe u just forgot i am VoM

I would like to thank u guys too, for setting up the para ally that fought back against the terror of gals like 15:1 and 21:1 in para. And helped me defend when Focht was trying to get me roids ( nice try focht, but dont send when i am on-line) The attack on 20:1 was fun and nice, too bad we didnt have this thing earlier in round cause we could have fought better against the P1 superiority of E/T and i am sure 15:1 and 21:1 wouldnt have ended that high then . p0ma and DerDuke u did a great job!!!!

Proud to be Vision and Proud to be part of [HCP]

TAFKAJ
Unread 18 May 2003, 17:44   #39
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
erm, as some know i was 20 1 1

now i don't want to knock what u did, I just think it was all too late, and as for it being the start, ppl tend not to do lemming attacks unless they know the round is ending.

If i remember correctly, due to the attack on 15.1 i couldn't cover the first 2 ticks on my planet, so I countered a larger attacker and got all def for combat ticks 3 to 7.

hence I lost 63 roids (having won back most of my losses) and a few k ships that came out of production, the attackers lost over 9 mil in ship score, defender lost nothing.
I think in total my gal lost under 3%score (most deffing 15:1) and about 4% roids (hardly a strike back)
I don't know the details of the counters we landed, but I am sure we gained more than we lost(as an alliance).
Your attack was fun, and well done for trying, but pls post all details, as a plan to hurt ET you failed badly.

having so many ships as u say (not hard because u could build for most of the round with no losses cause u couldn't attack and had no roids to be stolen) with a decent battle plan, fleet catching and waving, you guys could have reaked havoc.

you didn't

but my gal and alliance had fun for that day so what the hell.

let this be a lesson to all, don't complain...get even.

waassaa
GC 20:1
HC []LCH[]/ToT

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:10   #40
GlowDog
VGN

Talking

you just dont get it dont you ...

Try to see it in the right perspective .......

We dont claim to have beaten you back into the stone age throwing spears and rocks to our astropods ...

We only claim that we did SOME damage and stole SOME roids ..

After the whole universe being r*p*d by your boring powerblocky its the fact that we managed to do SOME damage and stole SOME roid that makes us proud , cause making that happen is allready way above average resistance at that time in the round

think about it, break loose from those mind-destroying boredome caused by blocking and fight like a man

(now, if that doesnt fire up e/t reactions .. I dont know what will )
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:16   #41
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
reaction = yawn.

your plan can't work
I am happy you had fun, so did we
however
11 attacking fleets died at my planet.
I lost 2.3k ships
you lost over 60K
i lost 63 roids.

= after 5 days of such attacks, you have no fleets left
and life goes on

as you know most of the universe blocked, not just the winning alliances.

a few ppl winning doesn't make them monsters,
plus believe me, my gal at least did very little in p1 after each war, there were no roids or scores were too low. So you might want to think if it was the "bigger" ET gals annoying u.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.

Last edited by waassaa; 18 May 2003 at 18:27.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 18:55   #42
GlowDog
VGN

We had fun too glad to see people still play this game for fun.

well, we had some lemming runs too at the end , just to have fun , you were lucky to be a target

and im not pointing at every member of the blocked alliances, many of my friends are in those alliances and they feel the same as I do about being blocked .. for them its just as boring cause there aint no challenge in fighting anymore.
and I know how it feels to be part of the leading block ... a few battles with high numbers , leaving the non-friendly gals way behind, and giving you no unfriendly target to attack thats worth the effort... boring

anyways ... I just want some HC's think about the blocking and what caused it, thats why I color my postings bright, just a teaser to lure some reactions nothing personal beleive me
Also I hope the creators plans for preventing blocks in round 10 will work without making the game un-playable ...
Time will tell
Unread 18 May 2003, 20:00   #43
Narziss
Mr. DaySleeper

Narziss is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: yes we had fun...

Quote:
Originally posted by DerDuke
yeah we had fun in HCP. It was a lot of work though and it would have been even more fun if they would not have stopped round so early.
I just wanted to thank p0ma for motivating me again and again and he is the best gal mate i ever played with.

DerDuke (40:1:7) :-D
Alright, at least we tried to do some Damage
Round 9: [ROCK-HBC]
Round 9.5: [ROCK]/[Wolfpack]
Round 10: [=***=]-> my last round

IRC-Channels: #Pack #Rock #TSU #Planetarion #Ministry
Narziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:58   #44
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by waassaa

11 attacking fleets died at my planet.

werent really HCP fleets most were out of parallel that we gathered with several alliances.... they died we didnt :P

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 04:27   #45
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Re: uuhm p0ma

Quote:
Originally posted by TAFKAJ
thanks for saying Vom didnt participate in this....
oi! TAF! heh....I perhaps could have used better context but I'll say it again...

HCP was struggling to operate efficiently until VVOMM were integrated into the group. VOM were in fact the last to join and were only talking about a time frame of maybe 2 weeks here.

Your gal was *probably* the best VOM gal we had, but that's very argueable since Eld's gal and Waku's were also very damn participative as well..... I didn't keep bucketloads of stats and logs, ect to make an accurate assessment of which of your gals was the most participative. Though your galaxy was hilarious in a way....attacking my galaxy...then within a single tick recalling your fleets, joining HCp, and sending defense the following tick to def us against Elysium. That's worth a huge *pld*.

Quote:
Originally posted by waasaa
stuff...
waasaa,

Almost every ship that died at your planet died there by choice. Every attacker was informed of that massive defense for tick #3-7 but the typical resonse was "I'm not pulling, and that's that".

And as for what we could and couldn't do with the extra 500 ticks we expected.... your in no position to play Nostradomus and neither are we

All I know is we had great fun the last few weeks and the daily recruiting and expansion was making each and every day look better and better for us. It's simple logic to assume had we carefully watched your fleet coming home around tick #1800 or so, you'd be stressed to stop 2 million fighter class ships that become eta 4 within 2 minutes after they are lauched. Though if you could, I'd be insanely impressed!

Unread 19 May 2003, 07:10   #46
kiora
too orangy for crows

kiora is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by waassaa
erm, as some know i was 20 1 1

If i remember correctly, due to the attack on 15.1 i couldn't cover the first 2 ticks on my planet, so I countered a larger attacker and got all def for combat ticks 3 to 7.

waassaa
GC 20:1
HC []LCH[]/ToT
Was the counter were you got 5 other planets to help with 90 million fleet score ?

Incidently 8 million score died there as well in a second wave.

Considering the size difference of the planets involved HCP we did very well, but don't have any illusions about being anything more than an irritatation

but at least we didn't just roll over and die !
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:20   #47
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: uuhm p0ma

Quote:
oi! TAF! heh....I perhaps could have used better context but I'll say it again...

HCP was struggling to operate efficiently until VVOMM were integrated into the group. VOM were in fact the last to join and were only talking about a time frame of maybe 2 weeks here.

Your gal was *probably* the best VOM gal we had, but that's very argueable since Eld's gal and Waku's were also very damn participative as well..... I didn't keep bucketloads of stats and logs, ect to make an accurate assessment of which of your gals was the most participative. Though your galaxy was hilarious in a way....attacking my galaxy...then within a single tick recalling your fleets, joining HCp, and sending defense the following tick to def us against Elysium. That's worth a huge *pld*.

hehe that was pretty funny indeed, but at that time i didnt know anything about that para ally yet, and it was an official Vision attack on your galaxy. But i love the way it worked out an that my gal joined urs
Unread 19 May 2003, 09:42   #48
Ellep

Ellep is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: [hcp]

Quote:
Most of those were suicide bombers. Some were hirr believe it or not. I didn't even ask them to recall as it would have been a waste of time.

But I did :-)

All attackers was mailed that we would not go for third tick.
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:45   #49
Nat
Damm sexy!!

Nat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: uuhm p0ma

Quote:

All I know is we had great fun the last few weeks and the daily recruiting and expansion was making each and every day look better and better for us. It's simple logic to assume had we carefully watched your fleet coming home around tick #1800 or so, you'd be stressed to stop 2 million fighter class ships that become eta 4 within 2 minutes after they are lauched. Though if you could, I'd be insanely impressed!
Id of defended waassaa with all my ships, we could probably cover 2mil FI ships in gal, would be big losses on both sides though, but you never did launch 2mil FI so we cant really say can we

+ we would of been at least 2-3 times bigger by tick 1800 anyway :P
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:53   #50
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
It's always good to see a thread about someone enjoing pa.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote