User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 May 2003, 20:45   #1
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Complete lack of anything interesting

AD seems to have ground to a halt, again. Surprisingly the relative balance in the universe hasn't yet resulted in millions of stagnation threads, which is good, yet at the same time I find myself feeling that at then I'd have something to reply to.

What I was wondering is - what's caused this tightrope walk between high activity in posting about the status of war, along with all the rest, and the beginning of the stagnation whines? Is it because everyone's found something better to do?

I'm personally not playing much at all as I'm basically on my final chance with my exams, which means I really can't justify playing PA while I ought to be revising or sleeping to ensure that I'm ready for exams (apologies to gal mates, but there seems to be little incentive to play in a universe as dull as this, so exams have to take massive priority).

Any suggestions, then, as to the reason behind this quiet?
Unread 13 May 2003, 20:52   #2
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
give it 2 weeks and these forums will be full of preround properganda and threads about new alliances etc.

happens every round, i dont see why it will change.
Unread 13 May 2003, 21:00   #3
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
give it 2 weeks and these forums will be full of preround properganda and threads about new alliances etc.

You going on holiday fgor 2 weeks then??

Sorry, couldn't resist that cheap shot, it's cos I haven't seen you in months.
Unread 13 May 2003, 21:16   #4
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
I think there is just nothing interesting left to say about this round. If someone disagrees, please post a thread then.
Unread 13 May 2003, 21:19   #5
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
You going on holiday fgor 2 weeks then??

Sorry, couldn't resist that cheap shot, it's cos I haven't seen you in months.
im on pa-net most of the time hehe, easy enought to find me.
Unread 13 May 2003, 21:45   #6
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
I think there is just nothing interesting left to say about this round.
spot on
Unread 13 May 2003, 22:13   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
spot on
ye it is, atm the round is boring as hell

and in 3 weeks time, AD will be buzzing with the new alliances, blocks, and how much spinner has ****ed up the new round =)
Unread 13 May 2003, 22:20   #8
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps it's because people have realised that whining really makes fk all difference to both alliances and to the creators, we all know the situation with this round, its not even worth posting about anymore.
Unread 13 May 2003, 22:51   #9
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Perhaps only a "few" alliances are still playing, and as such most of the others cant care enough to even bother posting.
Unread 14 May 2003, 00:06   #10
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I think there is just nothing interesting left to say about this round. If someone disagrees, please post a thread then.
Worst round ever thread ? This one will win it by a mile...
Unread 14 May 2003, 00:16   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden

ya, that reminds me ...

note to myself: start doin PR again in 2 weeks

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 00:49   #12
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorinn
Perhaps it's because people have realised that whining really makes fk all difference to both alliances and to the creators, we all know the situation with this round, its not even worth posting about anymore.
Whining got a player closed.

(tee hee!)
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 00:49   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
i could start screaming about the fact 37:5 (stardestroyers) is reopened while they blatantly farmed.
Unread 14 May 2003, 02:10   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
i could start screaming about the fact 37:5 (stardestroyers) is reopened while they blatantly farmed.
somehow I got the impression everyone farms this round, and everone who is stupid enough to be taken cheating, gets reopened if they say "Im to dumb to know I cheated"... jolly funny I say!
GO r9, GO creators!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 02:17   #15
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
2nd that whine :/

Most obvious case of farming.. ever..
Everyone says yay pa team when they are closed,

and now re-opened

I would whine about this, but I really can't be bothered either :/

*oh wait*
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 10:21   #16
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
You forgot the threads flaming and cursing the creators and all their descendance when some planets in the top gals get closed near the end of the round, thus ruining their chance to get top gal.

This is my personal favorite thread category every round.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 10:42   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Worst round ever thread ? This one will win it by a mile...
dunno bout that i am taking great pleasure from killin attackers fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
ya, that reminds me ...

note to myself: start doin PR again in 2 weeks
so in 2 weeks time we ignore everything that u post on the forums

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 13:14   #18
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo

so in 2 weeks time we ignore everything that u post on the forums
You should have started doing that a few rounds ago.
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:33   #19
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I think there is just nothing interesting left to say about this round.
Unread 14 May 2003, 19:44   #20
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
I wish I could quote people and not actually add anything, thus entirely avoiding the whole point of posting. That would be cool!
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:39   #21
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I don't disagree that there's nothing left to say about this round, but I do disagree with the suggestion that this fact alone is responsible for the relative silence on AD. You can also observe this sort of silence at the beginning and middle of rounds. It basically occurs whenever there is a static political situation accompanied by a relatively static universe. There's no room for speculation as to shifting political relations at the beginning of the round because everyone has already chosen sides during the down-time. Likewise, until fleets are built-up enough to make a difference, there's no meaningful ranking-changes. At the middle of the round, this sort of silence can occur if enough people are convinced that the alliances have locked themselves into their current power-blocks, and the main wars have already ended. At the end of the round, this sort of silence results from resignation as to the outcome. It's basically the same syndrome in each case, but I hardly think it's limited to the end of any given round.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:48   #22
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
ahri....how about a game of UT?

i'll now add a dancing banana.

K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 00:39   #23
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
it happens.. a vicious cycle it is.
and every time someone posts a thread about it.
'why is AD so boring now?' it just is.. but if you're patient things will pick up.
Unread 15 May 2003, 11:34   #24
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Well EVE online (www.eve-online.com) just started. As nothing really was happening here I decided to check that out.

With its regular crashed and dodgy patches it reminds me of Planetarion in the good ole days

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote