User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Apr 2003, 20:59   #1
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The once a round good old fashioned 'biggest suicide on one planet' thread

100 million points lost by attackers on a certain Eclipse planet while the forums were down in the space of a few ticks.

Would anyone like to come forward for responsibility for this magnificent attack worthy of the suicide hall of fame!

Brilliant stuff!

Add extra contenders from r9 as they come in.
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 21:03   #2
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
If I bash my fleet in an asteroid field, does that exceed this?

I`m not 100 mill tho
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 21:05   #3
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Apparently NoS flew into the brick wall, and WP took a couple of Rob's roids after having used their relationship quite amusingly. That's what I heard anyway.
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 21:09   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
Apparently NoS flew into the brick wall, and WP took a couple of Rob's roids after having used their relationship quite amusingly. That's what I heard anyway.
So does the award go to NoS, WP or both so far?

!!!!
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 21:13   #5
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
NoS launched the initial wave - it was a fun attack of the kind that really doesn't happen very often in PA any more. The initial waves were well-defended, and nos stuck admirably to their guns and landed in what was a pretty big battle.

What puzzles me is why WP launched several BGs at my planet after the initial nos wave - I didn't get any defence for myself and they capped about 1.2k roids, but considering the amount of ships eclipse had committed to defending my initial wave and other planets, they would have done far better by targetting several other galaxies than throwing massive overkill at one planet :\
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 21:14   #6
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
So does the award go to NoS, WP or both so far?

!!!!
I'd go for WP, for playing their mates like a pool shark in a 'speshal' school.

PLDAGE!!!11

Edit: this similie is not intended to contain any literal parallels; nobody would ever describe WP as pool sharks in anything other than jest.
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 22:03   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
NoS launched the initial wave - it was a fun attack of the kind that really doesn't happen very often in PA any more. The initial waves were well-defended, and nos stuck admirably to their guns and landed in what was a pretty big battle.

What puzzles me is why WP launched several BGs at my planet after the initial nos wave - I didn't get any defence for myself and they capped about 1.2k roids, but considering the amount of ships eclipse had committed to defending my initial wave and other planets, they would have done far better by targetting several other galaxies than throwing massive overkill at one planet :\
But wouldnt that require them to have atleast one BC who could think?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 22:13   #8
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
WP have never been known for their smarts tho have they?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:17   #9
Paine
Proud to be an [Ely] d00d

Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
WP have never been known for their smarts tho have they?
WP ideas are generally logic-based.... they just don'y always work out as planned. Happens to all alliances once in a while. Nobody can dispute the fact that WP is still one of the top three alliances militaristically.... which is still some mighty achievement.

Paine

See my ugly face here

Top forum Spamm0r 2001 & 2002
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:19   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Paine
WP ideas are generally logic-based.... they just don'y always work out as planned. Happens to all alliances once in a while. Nobody can dispute the fact that WP is still one of the top three alliances militaristically.... which is still some mighty achievement.

Paine

After some of the combat reports I've seen (on both offensive and defense ends) I wouldn't put them anywhere near the top 3.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:23   #11
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

Paine

At this very moment

1 ) Eclipse
2 ) Dragons
3 ) Olympians

efficiency-wise.

Dragons isn't MassRecruitPack
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:24   #12
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm show me battle reports.

*misses all the fun when forums are down :/*
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:24   #13
Paine

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
After some of the combat reports I've seen (on both offensive and defense ends) I wouldn't put them anywhere near the top 3.
The problem with WP defence is that they have a silly point system, much like that possesed by Xanadu in prior rounds. Although it's based on the logical idea of trying to improve participation in defence and offence - it actually leads to slightly downgraded defence of certain planets (those that have been in the alliance for a shorter period of time, say).

As for offences - I am a member of several WE-ET battlegroups. I have never had a problem with any of the WP organised attacks. Indeed, one yesterday that I took part in saw the second biggest owning of an Eclipse planet seen this week.

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:28   #14
Paine

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
At this very moment

1 ) Eclipse
2 ) Dragons
3 ) Olympians

efficiency-wise.

Dragons isn't MassRecruitPack

1) Eclipse
2) Ely/Dragons
3) WP

Olypians are getting easier and easier to hit. Although they may be well organised, they perform very poorly on the battlefield. Eclipse vary - but are generally good. Ely has improved significantly - very much on par with Dragons.

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:30   #15
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
1) Eclipse
2) Ely/Dragons
3) WP

Olypians are getting easier and easier to hit. Although they may be well organised, they perform very poorly on the battlefield. Eclipse vary - but are generally good. Ely has improved significantly - very much on par with Dragons.

Paine
Since it is becoming obvious that WE is losing this, altho they are not rolling over and dieing, I would like to see your defence performing in 2/3 weeks

TBH i would rather roid WP atm then Olympians.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:34   #16
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MadeMan
Hmm show me battle reports.

*misses all the fun when forums are down :/*

http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=502982840

There's one, I'll dig around some more and re-edit.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:42   #17
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
At this very moment

2 ) Dragons
The battle reports on 19:3 today seem to suggest otherwise
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:53   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
The battle reports on 19:3 today seem to suggest otherwise
huge miscalc by them, but untill today they have been damned effective, shame they have napped 40:9.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 19:38   #19
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
**** happens -_-
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 19:48   #20
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
First wave was more than half NoS, but *plenty* of allies as well. Losses we're immense but the defenders didn't exactly get off easy either, the 6.5 mil score worth of defense ships that died when you ran your fleet Rob are worth mentioning.

There had to be a defense soaking 'flak wave', no question. I'm damn proud to have lost my fleet while retaliating for one of my friends(as oppossed to all the times I usually oversleep and lose it, heh).

The following waves came as a shock to everyone I think. Wasn't soley WP attacking, though they we're predominant afaik. NoS and others we're in on those waves as well. 1 Rob roid is worth 100 common roids imo.

Above all it was a sure sign that Eclipse is not bulletproof(I didn't they they we're, but many people seem to think so, or used to think so anyways). No matter what the charts and graphs say, it rallied more spirits than you'd wanna believe. And if you looked closely at this attack and it's aftermath compared to the Fury/Fang attack on La Kethcup last round, you'd probably agree this attack went better. I don't remember La Kathcup losing his roids.....*ho hum*....

I'm still shocked the negotion offers we're responded with muscle flexes. I've always thought Rob, like many other players, longs for a few tastes of "what PA used to be like" to come back into style. "What PA used to be like" is different for everyone I guess....but I always thought it was about finding ways to make the pen mightier than the sword. This game has always been "mediocre" at best, but the alliance politics and community made it an outstanding game.

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 19:57   #21
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
1 Rob roid is worth 100 common roids imo.
120k 'worth' of roids would explain why anyone thought it was a successful attack
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:01   #22
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
120k 'worth' of roids would explain why anyone thought it was a successful attack
I actually paid 195k per roid on the first wave, 0k per roid on next waves. All in all it probably did wind up closer to 100k for all roids from all waves.

But their still Rob roids. I'll fight to the death anyone who tries to steal my Rob roids from me

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:02   #23
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
1) Eclipse
2) Ely/Dragons
3) WP

Paine
give me three attacks landed on oly planets where you came off better in the last 3 days and MAYBE anyone would believe you.

I'd certainly make a thread admitting it.

I don't do all the Oly def, that's for sure, but i've never not covered a planet in this last week, nor have I seen any of the other BCs report such a phenomenon.

so, put your money where your mouth is paine, or stop talking ****.

one or the other

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:05   #24
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
indeed....

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:08   #25
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
1) Eclipse
2) Ely/Dragons
3) WP

Paine

As far as I remember we weren't able cover 1, just 1, defence call last days.....but I'm sure u r well informed

Edited

/me needs to get some sleep

Last edited by Baco; 23 Apr 2003 at 20:52.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:39   #26
Paine

Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
As far as I remember we weren't able to cover 1 defence call last days.....but I'm sure u r well informed
I assume you're WP?

I suggest you switch battlegroups

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:55   #27
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
I assume you're WP?

Paine
WP?!
pff

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 21:06   #28
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I assume you're WP?

Paine
ooooh! BUUUUURRRN!!!

poor baco
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 21:17   #29
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
ooooh! BUUUUURRRN!!!

poor baco
yeah I feel ofended in some way

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:32   #30
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
First wave was more than half NoS, but *plenty* of allies as well. Losses we're immense but the defenders didn't exactly get off easy either, the 6.5 mil score worth of defense ships that died when you ran your fleet Rob are worth mentioning.
I 'ran' at the same time as the defence was ordered to recall. Not everyone pulled on time, but it's not as if I was avoiding combat (having lost 2mil on the previous tick, the 7th tick that my fleet had faced in the battle).

Quote:

There had to be a defense soaking 'flak wave', no question. I'm damn proud to have lost my fleet while retaliating for one of my friends(as oppossed to all the times I usually oversleep and lose it, heh).

The following waves came as a shock to everyone I think. Wasn't soley WP attacking, though they we're predominant afaik. NoS and others we're in on those waves as well. 1 Rob roid is worth 100 common roids imo.
I'm truely flattered

I kinda expected the later waves - some nos, some WP and a significant number of piggybackers. The roids I lost to those were no big issue for me, we fought a good battle against the original wave and defending the later ones would have been foolish - we could have done so, but the ships were better used keeping the rest of Eclipse safe (there is a war on, after all, and my planet isn't worth risking the alliance for).

Quote:

Above all it was a sure sign that Eclipse is not bulletproof(I didn't they they we're, but many people seem to think so, or used to think so anyways). No matter what the charts and graphs say, it rallied more spirits than you'd wanna believe. And if you looked closely at this attack and it's aftermath compared to the Fury/Fang attack on La Kethcup last round, you'd probably agree this attack went better. I don't remember La Kathcup losing his roids.....*ho hum*....

I'm still shocked the negotion offers we're responded with muscle flexes. I've always thought Rob, like many other players, longs for a few tastes of "what PA used to be like" to come back into style. "What PA used to be like" is different for everyone I guess....but I always thought it was about finding ways to make the pen mightier than the sword. This game has always been "mediocre" at best, but the alliance politics and community made it an outstanding game.
Well... I found the battle to be entertaining. It's something to remember from this round, anyway . I'm sure we could have negotiated a deal and avoided the whole thing, and I daresay that both sides would be better off right now if we had, but it's only a game and not real life, and the attack was certainly a fun part of the game.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:37   #31
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe this makes me laugh about storebo last round when he got who is attackers and who are the defenders mixed up.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:39   #32
Paine

Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
yeah I feel ofended in some way

Sorry 'bout dat
I guess AD brings out the worst in ppl....

Paine

See my ugly face here

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:39   #33
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
I kinda expected the later waves - some nos, some WP and a significant number of piggybackers
Piggybackers my arse. I was there in the first wave as were a significant number of other VGN peeps, set me back 3 days growth
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 23:42   #34
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
1) Eclipse
2) Ely/Dragons
3) WP

Paine
I was up till 4 am my time last night BCing, thats 11:00PA time. During my 5hours of BCing we only managed NOT TO COVER 1 planet out of the 10 or so that reported incomings. Thats right only 1 planet, so before you post some info maybe verify that.

Also I can assure you that in the last few days Olympians has been doing quite good on defence and we have been roiding like mad since we have been deprived of our precccccccciousssssss roids for too long.

Now I admit early in the round, back during the 1st 2 wars, our defence wasnt great and non-existant in some case, but we got our 2nd wind now and are back with a vengance. If you would like to see Olympians in action please submit your coordinates to a Oly BC so that we may show you our collection of ships.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 23:47   #35
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
no.. but then again you are so 1337 Cochese..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 00:00   #36
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
no.. but then again you are so 1337 Cochese..

Point out where I claimed to be 1337--or even above average--at this game, please.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 00:09   #37
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Afaik the main attack in question here wasnt really launched with teh intention of being successful, it could rather be classified as a wannabe lemmingrun.
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 00:22   #38
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
Afaik the main attack in question here wasnt really launched with teh intention of being successful, it could rather be classified as a wannabe lemmingrun.
Ticks 1, 2, and (afaik) 3 were calced (badly as it turned out) so I wouldn't really call it a lemming run.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 00:27   #39
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Ticks 1, 2, and (afaik) 3 were calced (badly as it turned out) so I wouldn't really call it a lemming run.

Calced yes, but were the intentions to bother with recall if owned?
I heard something else you see...
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 00:34   #40
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
Calced yes, but were the intentions to bother with recall if owned?
I heard something else you see...
Ah, I hadn't heard that bit. We ran for home somewhere around tick 4 I believe. Can't say I wasn't relieved to get out of there but it was a one stays, everyone stays thing (for VGN at least).
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 00:37   #41
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
1) Eclipse
2) Ely/Dragons
3) WP

Paine
hate to tell you this m8y, but how exactly are oly becoming 'easier' to hit.. since the fact there much smaller after getting bashed to a bloody pulp earlier in the round..

they're doing fleet catches and raids on targets of oppourtunities, and i'd imagine they're pretty easy to hit because 1: you've got like 5 times the members of them 2: you're allied to ely, they're unallied now 3: they don't give a crap about their roids 4: they're kinda concentrating on attacking, whats the point in defending a planet with 200 odd roids that can just be reinited..
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 01:17   #42
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
hehe this makes me laugh about storebo last round when he got who is attackers and who are the defenders mixed up.
Wasn't that R7 after Adelante died and he moved to Fury? Or does he do this kind of thing a lot?
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 18:25   #43
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
WP and efficient?

indeed ... I still remember when they sent 20k vsharrak fighter to defend against my 6k terra destroyers ...
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 19:22   #44
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Wasn't that R7 after Adelante died and he moved to Fury? Or does he do this kind of thing a lot?
Adelante alliance was round 8.. And something wrong in joining Fury when i shut down Adelante. Fury was the most effective alliance I've been in. The officers/bc's all did their job, and they did it well.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 20:38   #45
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
Adelante alliance was round 8.. And something wrong in joining Fury when i shut down Adelante. Fury was the most effective alliance I've been in. The officers/bc's all did their job, and they did it well.
Does that include the la ketchup attack?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 24 Apr 2003, 21:25   #46
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:
Well... I found the battle to be entertaining. It's something to remember from this round, anyway . I'm sure we could have negotiated a deal and avoided the whole thing, and I daresay that both sides would be better off right now if we had, but it's only a game and not real life, and the attack was certainly a fun part of the game.
damn skippy. I thought everyone had a lot of fun on both sides as well. Maybe not...hmmm....

And I didn't know Gayle was VGN...hmmm.....

Unread 24 Apr 2003, 22:31   #47
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Adelante alliance was round 8..
Sorry, I found Adelante instantly forgettable.

Quote:
And something wrong in joining Fury when i shut down Adelante. Fury was the most effective alliance I've been in. The officers/bc's all did their job, and they did it well.
Ahahaha. You're so cute.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 00:53   #48
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Does that include the la ketchup attack?
And the girlee defence?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 03:21   #49
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
And the girlee defence?
damn you Scouse, this is turning into another "Storebo commedy"..