User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:59   #1
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
My experience of r4, and the current plight of Vom

In my opinion, my experience of round 4 is comparable with Vom's current situation. I'm expect that some people will feel offended that I could possibly compare my experience to the hell they're living through right now, so I'll give a quick outline.

I was in a basically unaligned galaxy, with a couple of ICD members which helped with defence, further, we had 2 semi-active galaxies in the parallel that were in a similar situation. Then there was the elite parallel alliance (Scorpio would be a better source than me to comment on how many galaxies were involved) run by VeX and at mid-round at least 10x the score we had. We experienced nightly incoming at approximately 4am CEST throughout the round, and taking into account that we were what most would refer to as newbie galaxies, this was rather hard to deal with. A maximum of 3 people from each galaxy were online at that sort of time and we sometimes managed to beg/borrow fleets from our alliance contacts for others with a few white lies here and there.

There was absolutely no chance that we could retaliate - we were extremely pleased when we managed to get 90% of attacks covered, and there was clearly no chance of ever reaching the top 10k galaxies. Let's just go over that again - we knew throughout that there was no chance of achieving any kind of success, yet played throughout. We played to defend our friends and to now and then irritate our immensly superior (pun ahoy) attackers.

You could attack this on the basis that we were only attacked by the smaller [Sup] galaxies and waves were only used in attempts to break our spirit. But really, Vom are in a vastly superior position to the one we held at the time.

The point of the post is this: You can play a very enjoyable round while receiving relatively massive incoming each and every night with absolutely no hope for your galaxy. It is a testament to your arrogance that you consider a round without a top 250 rank 'pointless.' So basically; I've been through worse, came out better and was a much better player than you could ever possibly hope to be. The only way you can claim honour is by fighting on, never stopping, and never abandoning your friends and allies.

This is not a propaganda post, it's a post to express my sheer disgust at the level of players we have left in the game.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:13   #2
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, ppl these days lacks any fighjting spirit if they dont have a chance at #1...
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:10   #3
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
my take on it all...

rnd6, c7, ViruS dominated gal, only organised friendly gal in-c, C7RL, the xeta/fos cluster alliance, later on mainly fos(the xetas quit playing and were replaced by fos, mostly NoS), 3 top10 gals in-c at peak time, #1 player in-c, 1month of incomings every single night(they had found out we had some pretty ok people in the gal and didn't wanna take chances).

Nag Nag Nag VoM
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:20   #4
Dreadnought!

Take for example R6, I was in a Furgion Pure gal (only fury an legion)

We were in c10 (10:9). We got waved every night, one time we had constant incc for 48 ticks.

I managed to cover myself for the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th waves

After that i found it increasingly difficult to get defence and went in 3 days from 1.4k roids to 127 roids. You may think i was demoralised, not at all this only strengthened me to fight back. In the end i finished with over 5k roids and 75mil score and rank #123 in the Universe. R6 was not my worst round, it was not my best, But i did not chicken off into vac mode, i fought and fought hard. TBH i achieved more in r6 than i did in r7.

The moral of this is this, dont give up no matter how little you have
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:25   #5
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
The difference between an unaligned gal is that most of not all of vom will probably become alligned with someone soon whos looking for help in a war. Vom should cease recieving massive incoming, and will have the chance to grow that an icd member in rd 4 never did.

Rd 6 FLTV is probably a better comparison, they got beaten up just as much, later into the round, saw stagnation flash before thier eyes, but instead got the chance to join back into the round and fight thier way back up. Which is exactly how things are looking for vom. Only they will have a longer time to fight back up and less of a distance to make up.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:29   #6
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmm, inspirational I, for one, am not going to quit, go inactive or start a vacation in the bahamas. I'll fight on, no matter how bad it gets (quite bad atm tho for me ), it is still very early, alot of time left to do some things. Yes, we cant win the round short of a few miracles, but there's still fun to be had. I cant speak for every vvomm member, or every ViruS, that's just how I feel.

Play on
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:29   #7
cambell
pe0n

cambell is an unknown quantity at this point
/me ph33rs once more ahri

throu out my life in pa i have been bashed and raped....and rightly so. how ever, and i did get flammed and what not for doing so, i atacked back, in round 5 i think it was that there was a certain legion gal, only a small one compared to what legion gals were then, they raped my gal and sent the angry pa-mails they send to me every so often, and i did not go on irc and moan and compain, i attacked back, at one point i even had ppl i did'nt know attacking the whole gal, for the rest of the round all i did was attack the gal, and soon enough the gal stoped getting defence and enough attackers helped that the gal was slowly killed of. clearly it were'nt a major legion gal, probly just 2 or 3 in it, but point still remains.

Quote:
The only way you can claim honour is by fighting on, never stopping, and never abandoning your friends and allies.

[21:20] <idimmu> not wanting to play the gay card
[21:20] <idimmu> but who is Cambel?

Last edited by cambell; 27 Mar 2003 at 23:46.
cambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 01:12   #8
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahri, seems your r4 was exactly like my r3. We were worrying about roid/score ratios building BS since they could not been bashed so easily and tried to get rid of the farms in gal. We set up a half decent cluster alliance with like 5 to 6 people in the irc room and we had fun when we were able to cover a planet. Once we were able to cover a lego guy attacking my planet with a pure pod fleet: 5k pods, an enourmous amount of ships from our perspective ..

r4 was absolutely different. as a gal we ended top 10 which i consider quite an achievement considering there were like 10.000 galaxies these days. It's also been fun being in a gal with 24(!) active and dedicated players. But being never attacked in a whole round can become boring, one of the planets has been deleted due to not having logged in for a week ..
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 01:20   #9
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Rd 6 FLTV is probably a better comparison, they got beaten up just as much, later into the round, saw stagnation flash before thier eyes, but instead got the chance to join back into the round and fight thier way back up. Which is exactly how things are looking for vom. Only they will have a longer time to fight back up and less of a distance to make up.
Maybe because of round 6 people are aware that there actually are HCs in the game who are - unlike Furgion in rd 5 - interested in keeping the round exciting and enjoyable for all.
Because of this experience VoM wants (creedy b|tches who we are) the cancelling of the Nap rather sooner than later.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 04:47   #10
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Round 5 is a round I can relate to the VOM block.
Coming off from a top 30ish gal rank in round 4. I decided to form a galaxy for round 5 with my RL friends (colleagues, a cousin,a brother, a neighbor) that isn't playing the game that serious before, just to see what happens if we maximize our potentials and how much fun it will make, me and my brother are the only players we call as pro in that gal.

We all know as to how far the stagnation of that round goes. In my case it's worst thant that, aside from being in the nocex side and the gal being semi-newbies, we landed in one of Fury's (WTFVE) strongest fortress - c25. We started the round very unorganized and demotivated by the odds at hand, but slowly our momentum and our killer instinct to survive guided us. We are targetted everyday, enemies are moaning at each other for accidentally piggybacking our roid fat gal, that's how hopeless our situation is. But we gave them a good fight. The details of some incs are still clear in my memory up to now for its comedy gold pa mails and how we twat enemy ships forgetting to recall, miscalcing, we killed like billions worth of attacking fleets the whole round. We defend like there's no tomorrow, incluster psywar is exciting - running/recalling and launching at the last 15 secs only to find out the enemy didn't land after all, maximizing contacts and accurate calcing by not overdefending to one is how we 0wn in deffing.

Our activity is unbelievable. Our very rare rest in incoming are our only time for roiding smaller gals, but those roiding are always a success, then came a few stretch of incs again, it's a cycle. I remember my chat with Johnson saying that we defend inhumanly fast and we're a crazy buggers. We have some decent enemy military personalities in the cluster like Johnson,Morden, Dekker, Germ, Hicks, etc.. but we fought them well many times if not most. It's still a semi-bad round since being in the defending end most of the time isn't that entertaining, good thing I had my share of revenge in round 6 (c35).

Finishing rank 180ish round 5 is something to us, it may not be a high rank but against the given odds, it's something to be proud of.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 09:10   #11
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
my take on it all...

rnd6, c7, ViruS dominated gal, only organised friendly gal in-c, C7RL, the xeta/fos cluster alliance, later on mainly fos(the xetas quit playing and were replaced by fos, mostly NoS), 3 top10 gals in-c at peak time, #1 player in-c, 1month of incomings every single night(they had found out we had some pretty ok people in the gal and didn't wanna take chances).

Nag Nag Nag VoM
You guys deserved a huge amount of respect that round. We never stopped attacking you and you never stopped playing. And when FLVT joined FoS we also had a real laff

Pld.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 09:30   #12
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
I agree, ppl these days lacks any fighjting spirit if they dont have a chance at #1...
I have never played this game to be rank #1 and saying that ppl dont have any fighting spirit just cause they cant be in the top is totally bull. Of course some ppl only play for their own benefit but most of my friends play for the fun of it and of course the community.

Getting waves and waves of income every day without any chance of recieving def what so ever will slowly tear down the fighting spirit, of anyone.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 11:20   #13
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

Wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
I still see (from a vantage point of not having a planet admittedly) that Oly are carrying the fight, for what that's worth. They still plot attacks, they aim to crush at least 3-4 fleets on every incomming on their gals and most of their members have not been the ones on these boards making "we're finished" comments, instead just a few about the obvious biasing as a fact (the universe is heavily biased, more so than i have ever seen).

And if you plan on attacking them tonight, I'd say 3 out of every ten planets you hit will be guarded with enough fire power to level your fleets.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 01:19   #14
Tawg
the Mantis

Tawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!

We were in c10 (10:9). We got waved every night, one time we had constant incc for 48 ticks.

After that i found it increasingly difficult to get defence and went in 3 days from 1.4k roids to 127 roids.

thats nothing i had 33 hours of continous battle at my planet last round from 1400 roids to allmost none.

You know the mantis ledgends? thats where it all started. It was fighting of this black bird, it was only a 10th of the birds size. it was a very valued insect. and thats why the technique needs a brave man and a strong one, who isnt afraid of birds.
Tawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 02:26   #15
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My experience of r4, and the current plight of Vom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
- we were extremely pleased when we managed to get 90% of attacks covered,
That's a main difference though. Also, remember that r4 was free. It's not exactly fun to watch your money go down the drain. Also, if you are in a private gal who's aiming high, there is a lot of pressure from them to maintain a high score/roid rank.

The problem is that a lot of people, though not all, are not playing strictly for fun but playing to win, which is why there is a lot of whining and disappointment.

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 02:48   #16
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

After that i found it increasingly difficult to get defence and went in 3 days from 1.4k roids to 127 roids. have
As always Dread I can top you, I went from 3.5k roids to 197 after many a wave (round 6 too). :/
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 15:00   #17
Jaret
Genuine Mastermind

Jaret is an unknown quantity at this point
R5 ... NoCeX ... c36 ... [Gods] ahoi ... [np] .... Viva La Resistance !!

nuff said

R4: 109:4:21 Mongos - [4fs] [MI]
R5: 36:24:1 Carnivoria - [c36-LR] [Lux] [Crusade]
R6: xx:xx:xx Random (PA vacation)
R7: 7:12:2 PleasureDome - [FAnG]
R8: PA - Vacation
R9: 10:6:1 The Brotherhood -[Eclipse] [Excalibur]
R9.5: 6:10:8 -=The Wanderer=- of -=The Universe=- [Eclipse] [GoldenCircle]
Jaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 19:25   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Red face hmm

I got roids off Superior r4 attacked one of the small planets in one of the superior gals, and they prolly never expected it so I got roids. Doubt I kept them too long tho Remember Sup never getting through on my planet, and eventually sending about the biggest overkillfleet i have ever been vicitm of in PA

30:14 was the gal I got through on Smurfs

Cant remember you in there tho Ahriman. You shoulde joined Mainbase as we were called( The anti superior p14 alliance ) Was a bitch my gal was the biggest non sup gal in the para

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 20:45   #19
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

I was in #mainbase from 2-6am every day that summer, with ops for half of it, so you ought to remember me . 90:14:4 were my coords if I remember correctly.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 12:26   #20
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Rd 5 _DoG_ gal..........

incomings from same Fury gal every few days - covered roughly 70% of incoming, which i thought was an achievement on its own.

I had a LOT of fun that round. My gal m8s got pissed off when i rang them at 3am
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 11:38   #21
DarkPrince
Sentions lill goat

DarkPrince is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
I got roids off Superior r4 attacked one of the small planets in one of the superior gals, and they prolly never expected it so I got roids. Doubt I kept them too long tho Remember Sup never getting through on my planet, and eventually sending about the biggest overkillfleet i have ever been vicitm of in PA

30:14 was the gal I got through on Smurfs

Cant remember you in there tho Ahriman. You shoulde joined Mainbase as we were called( The anti superior p14 alliance ) Was a bitch my gal was the biggest non sup gal in the para

-Jonas-
I got through, though i think it was in the fourth or fifth attempt at your planet. It was not an easy planet to attack, though it was the non-Superior planet with the most roids in the entire para so we kept comming back to it.

As for Ahriman's question on our number of gals, i think i am a bit more qualified to answer that question that Scorpio would be (the poor guy never really bothered with Superior at all). We were eight galaxies.

[Sup] Forever!

-Xizor

R2: Prince_Xizor of Black_Sun (31:3:19) Total Noob
R3: Prince_Xizor of Black_Sun (16:8:10) proud to be ReBorn
R4: Gengis Khan of the Mongol hordes (37:14:14) proud to be NoS
R5: General Zhukov of BIG Red Machine (1:25:1) proud to be NoS
R6: Comrade Stalin of the KGB (10:8:9) proud to be Xanadu
R7: the sad reality of being poor (23:5:7) proud to be Wrath
R8: Tokugawa Ieyasu of Shizuoka (20:3:6) proud to be FURY
R9: Prince Xizor of Black Sun (26:3:8) proud to be an inactive twat serving in the norwegian air-force
DarkPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:27   #22
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My experience of r4, and the current plight of Vom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
In my opinion...

...I've been through worse, came out better and was a much better player than you could ever possibly hope to be.
" ha ha "

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:21   #23
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPrince
As for Ahriman's question on our number of gals, i think i am a bit more qualified to answer that question that Scorpio would be (the poor guy never really bothered with Superior at all). We were eight galaxies.
Fair enough, thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
" ha ha "

Feel 0wned?
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 14:49   #24
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPrince

As for Ahriman's question on our number of gals, i think i am a bit more qualified to answer that question that Scorpio would be (the poor guy never really bothered with Superior at all).
liar liar pants on fire!

I was there always, from the start onwards with Eos (or whatever his name was hehe). I actually organized the first (and only??) raid against Mainbase
I just happened to be in a 10 men galaxy most days of the round

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 15:16   #25
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
I doubt I could ever make Top 25 planets, but I still play

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 18:51   #26
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Quote:

After that i found it increasingly difficult to get defence and went in 3 days from 1.4k roids to 127 roids. You may think i was demoralised, not at all this only strengthened me to fight back. In the end i finished with over 5k roids and 75mil score and rank #123 in the Universe. R6 was not my worst round, it was not my best, But i did not chicken off into vac mode, i fought and fought hard. TBH i achieved more in r6 than i did in r7.

The moral of this is this, dont give up no matter how little you have
U failed to mention that:
#1 - When FoS and XeTa started 'fighting' (more like FoS outnumbering XeTa), FLTTV gals actually were left alone to grow cuz they joined the FoS side which was WAY bigger on numbers.. Whereas VVOMM joined the seemingly smaller side NaR and VVOMM is still getting as much incs as ever (yes I have first hand knowledge of this)...

#2 I was in ur cluster in r6.. And in that cluster we had about 4 XeTa/FoS gals.. 2 of which was 100% n00b and useless.. As for the 2 others they were both top 10 material (mine and Sentions). I believe there was about 10 FLTTV gals in that cluster, maybe more, a couple of which was great like Games gal, urs and Radiums(?) gal.. The 5 top ranked gals in the cluster was Game/Kileman/Singu etc, Dreadn00bs, mine, Sentions and Radiums(?).. So the scenario was quite different.. Its not like u got run over wiv low etas in para and such like we are this round...

#3 As for not fighting or giving it a shot:
I was on the loosing side eventually in r6, I still fought back long and hard even though I first fell from my 17th-18th place in uni in the in-cluster war that we just could not win, I fell to about 70th.. And all of my gal died and gave up at this point.. I then crawled back up to reach rank 50th in uni wiv my 23k or so of pds.. Then FoS fleet chased me and killed me totally... So dont lecture me about fighting..
The point is that this round its ****ing futile, Ive played all rounds of pa more or less actively and its never ever been this bad before..
I think I can speak on behalf of Ministry when I say that IF we still exist next round we will NOT participate in any block whatsoever, I doubt we will even have allies...

Tesla